Let Me Be Frank: Kevin Spacey Faces Felony Sexual Assault Charge, Posts Bizarre Video.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/kevin-spacey-sexual-assault-charge-1203095488/

Kevin Spacey is facing a felony charge of sexual assault for allegedly assaulting a former Boston TV news anchor’s teenage son in 2016, Variety has confirmed.

According to the Barnstable County Superior Court clerk’s office, Spacey will be arraigned on a charge of indecent assault and battery on a person 14 or over at Nantucket District Court on Jan. 7.

In a statement obtained by Variety, Cape and Islands, Mass., District Attorney Michael O’Keefe said a hearing was held on Dec. 20, where Clerk Magistrate Brian Kearney issued a criminal complaint for the charge “against Kevin S. Fowler, also known as Kevin Spacey.”

Longtime Boston journalist Heather Unruh publicly accused Spacey last year of sexually assaulting her son at a Nantucket, Mass., restaurant in July 2016.

The former news anchor for ABC affiliate WCVB said Spacey provided her 18-year-old son (who had told Spacey he was 21) with numerous drinks before reaching down his pants and grabbing his genitals.

“I want to see Kevin Spacey go to jail,” Unruh told reporters during a press conference in November 2017. “I want to see Kevin Spacey have the hand of justice come down on him, not just for my son, but for the many others who have yet to speak their truth.”

Spacey’s lawyer did not immediately respond to Variety‘s requests for comment.

Spacey also appears to have posted a bizarre, three-minute YouTube video on Monday titled “Let’s Be Frank,” in which he speaks to the camera in the guise of his “House of Cards” character Frank Underwood, who was killed off in the show’s sixth and final season.

In the video, Spacey seems to address the decision to kill off his character on “House of Cards” following his firing last year. He also appears to reference the real-life allegations of sexual assault that surfaced last year, derailing his career. The video depicts Spacey in a kitchen setting wearing an apron bedecked with Santa Claus imagery.

“Despite all the poppycock, the animosity, the headlines, the impeachment without a trial. Despite even my own death, I feel surprisingly good and my confidence grows each day that soon enough you will know the full truth,” Spacey says.

Spacey’s monologue, delivered over a kitchen sink, veers from references to “House of Cards” to an oblique defense against widespread charges of sexual misconduct that began to emerge late last year as the #MeToo movement gained steam. Among the many allegations against Spacey was the accusation that he assaulted actor Anthony Rapp at a party in New York when Rapp was 14.

“Of course some believed everything. They’re just waiting with baited breath to hear me confess it all. They’re just dying to hear me say that everything was true and I got what I deserved,” Spacey said.

“You wouldn’t believe the worst without evidence, would you? You wouldn’t rush to judgment without facts, would you? Did you? All this presumption made for such an unsatisfying ending and to think it could have been such a memorable send off. I can promise you this: If I didn’t pay the price for the things we both know I did, I’m certainly not going to pay the price for the things I didn’t do.”

In closing, Spacey taunts the viewer by asking the question, “You never actually saw me die, did you?” He then puts what looks like a wedding ring on his index finger and glowers at the camera. “Conclusions can be so deceiving,” he says. “Miss me?”

The video ends with an exaggerated musical flourish indicating a cliffhanger ending.

It could not immediately be confirmed if Spacey was in fact behind the video. Netflix declined to comment. A source close to Netflix said the streaming giant had no involvement with the video.

In October 2017, actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of making a sexual advance at a party in 1986. Twenty other men came forward to report that Spacey had engaged in inappropriate sexual behavior during his tenure as the artistic director of the Old Vic theatre in London.

Spacey is under criminal investigation in the United Kingdom, where authorities have invested six complaints against him. In Los Angeles, the Sheriff’s Department investigated an allegation that Spacey committed forcible sodomy in 1992, but the case was rejected by the District Attorney’s office due to the statute of limitations.

The Sheriff’s Department submitted a second case to prosecutors in September. The victim in that case, a massage therapist known only as John Doe, filed a civil suit against Spacey later that month, alleging that Spacey had grabbed his hand and forced it onto his genitals. The suit alleged that Spacey tried to kiss the man and offered to perform oral sex.

Can't wait for the movie about this in 2048.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

The two lines Kevin Spacey says that stick out to me are these:

• "You wouldn't believe the worse without evidence, would you? You wouldn't rush to judgement without facts.... would you? DID YOU?"
  • "If I didn't pay the price for the things we both know I did do, I certainly not gonna pay the price for the things I didn't do. "

*Cult of Personality* at it's finest. It’ll be interesting to see if he snitches on his other Hollywood rapist pals or on the Clinton's down the road lol.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8771 Posts

Strange days...

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Wtf is the point of this. The guy admitted to being sexually inappropriae with a 14 year old. And people are supposed to watch a stupid video based off a stupid show and act like thats ok......

Gwynbleidd_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gwynbleidd_91
Member since 2018 • 137 Posts

Certainly a better watch than House of Cards season 6.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

It still beats crying like a brat in front of the entire world while claiming it's all a Clinton/Soros conspiracy.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@gwynbleidd_91: I couldn't make it past the second ep

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Master_Live: If that's really his YouTube channel, and if he really posted that in response to the recent allegations, and this isn't some "DVD extra" from House of Cards that someone posted at a particularly apropos time to make him look like a lunatic, then this makes him look like a lunatic. However, it looks suspect.

The channel is short on subs and content. 17k subs for an A-list celeb and only a dozen videos over 5 years, not including this one? None of the previous videos even broke 100k views before this one and most of them look like they could have been sourced from public sources. Also for what should be such a high profile channel, it's not even branded with a custom URL. Hell, even I have one of those. I say this smells fishy.

Edit: His official FB page doesn't link to a YT channel at all. He's got a website, a Twitter, an Instagram, and a Google+ (of all things). I think the news sites ran with this one a little too quickly.

-Byshop

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

I agree, that video did not do him favours.

Alexkid179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Alexkid179
Member since 2018 • 14 Posts

interesting weird and creepy

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

As tough of a pill as it is to swallow, you still need hard proof when trying to charge someone with a crime. You’re still innocent until proven guilty in America.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
deactivated-5e171d7dbd091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
Member since 2018 • 284 Posts

Kevin Spacey is having a melt down and believe he is going to beat the charge put on him. He's making it clear to the House of Cards production team, that he will be back once the charges are dropped. What he doesn't realize, Hollywood is trying to sweep him under the rug so even if he gets off, his name is tainted and his career is over.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

I stop watching House of Cards right after they drop Kevin Spacey off the list and he's the reason why I care about House of Cards to begin with.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mercenary848

@Byshop said:

@Master_Live: If that's really his YouTube channel, and if he really posted that in response to the recent allegations, and this isn't some "DVD extra" from House of Cards that someone posted at a particularly apropos time to make him look like a lunatic, then this makes him look like a lunatic. However, it looks suspect.

The channel is short on subs and content. 17k subs for an A-list celeb and only a dozen videos over 5 years, not including this one? None of the previous videos even broke 100k views before this one and most of them look like they could have been sourced from public sources. Also for what should be such a high profile channel, it's not even branded with a custom URL. Hell, even I have one of those. I say this smells fishy.

Edit: His official FB page doesn't link to a YT channel at all. He's got a website, a Twitter, an Instagram, and a Google+ (of all things). I think the news sites ran with this one a little too quickly.

-Byshop

He posted it on his official twitter

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:
@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Yeah, I see that plus his Instagram so it's definitely him posting. Man, what a nucking futjob. Posting as his own villainous character from HoT in response to serious allegations is ridiculous.

-Byshop

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mercenary848

@Byshop said:
@Mercenary848 said:
@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Yeah, I see that plus his Instagram so it's definitely him posting. Man, what a nucking futjob. Posting as his own villainous character from HoT in response to serious allegations is ridiculous.

-Byshop

I study a lot of social media following(im starting my own channel to promote my art) ad we are now in an age where individuals can support themselves strictlyby having a die hard fan base. I think he only dropped this video to mobilize his cultish fan base.....they love it; but anyone with a brain...no.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Such a damn shame that Kevin Spacey turned out to be a monster in real life.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

I study a lot of social media following(im starting my own channel to promote my art) ad we are now in an age where individuals can support themselves strictlyby having a die hard fan base. I think he only dropped this video to mobilize his cultish fan base.....they love it; but anyone with a brain...no.

Well, he's an A-list celebrity who now doesn't have a career. I have a hard time believing that whatever money he manages to get from his die hard fan base will come remotely close to what he was earning by acting. Even if he gets some "support" from his fans, I'm sure it's probably essentially nothing compared to what he was getting.

It's one thing if he's like, "well, I've got nothing else to lose so I might as well go full nut." In that case, sure. Why not? But if he's trying to rely on this stuff to "support himself", then that's probably pretty pointless. I'm sure he's got enough money that he probably never has to work another day in his life, he'd might as well just shut up and retire from the spotlight.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

I’ll wait for the conviction before I bash him. Weinstein's case is up in the air at the moment since he kept a mountain of emails from all of his accusers. This is why due process exists.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mercenary848

@Baconstrip78 said:

I’ll wait for the conviction before I bash him. Weinstein's case is up in the air at the moment since he kept a mountain of emails from all of his accusers. This is why due process exists.

He also admitted to being sexually explicit with a 14 year old boy

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Baconstrip78

@Mercenary848: "If I did behave as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior," Spacey said.

That’s admission? You’re kind of what I’m talking about. Maybe he remembers it and he’s being disingenuous, or maybe he was trying to defuse an allegation without calling the guy a liar. But you take something that is 100% not in the realm of admission of guilt in court and turn it into a guilty plea.

Again...I’ll wait for the trial to convict him.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mercenary848

@Baconstrip78 said:

@Mercenary848: "If I did behave as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior," Spacey said.

That’s admission? You’re kind of what I’m talking about. Maybe he remembers it and he’s being disingenuous, or maybe he was trying to defuse an allegation without calling the guy a liar. But you take something that is 100% not in the realm of admission of guilt in court and turn it into a guilty plea.

You are only using the words of the accused. Dd you check out the victim statement and the witnesses that verify the victim statement. Also the 11 other victims.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrGeezer
@Baconstrip78 said:

Sounds like an admission to me. If someone ever accused me of something like that, it would be "hell no, I didn't do it", not "I don't think so, but if I did then I must have been drunk."

And you know what? I can take it as an admission of guilt because I'm not involved in the trial. You're right that such a statement shouldn't be used against him in court. But when it comes to me just plain thinking the guy's a piece of crap, there is a MUCH lower burden of proof. I can't throw the man in prison, pretty much all I can do is not watch his movies anymore. And I don't even need a reason to do that, let alone definitive 100% proof that he's a sex offender.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Baconstrip78

@MrGeezer: That sounds like admission? Yeah don’t ever serve on a jury...

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mercenary848

@MrGeezer: Exactly, the worst thing you can do while trying to prove your INNOCENCE; is apologize

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mercenary848

@Baconstrip78: I hope you never get questioned by the police. “I don’t know if I did it officer, but I’m sorry”

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrGeezer

@Baconstrip78 said:

I'm not on the freaking jury, that's the entire damn point. I can absolutely damn well take it as an admission of guilt because it doesn't matter whether or not I think he's guilty.

You're selling your argument to the wrong crowd. You want to be fair to the guy, then go tell this to the guys on the jury and not to some random people on the internet whose opinion on the matter isn't even relevant.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Baconstrip78

@MrGeezer: Yeah to be honest I don’t really care what you believe...I was simply replying to Mercenary who I’m guessing didn’t think I would look up the quote when he said Spacey admitted to assaulting a 14 year old when the actual quote does not sound like an admission of anything.

GamersShowtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GamersShowtime
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

very bazzar!

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MrGeezer

@Baconstrip78 said:

@MrGeezer: Yeah to be honest I don’t really care what you believe...I was simply replying to Mercenary who I’m guessing didn’t think I would look up the quote when he said Spacey admitted to assaulting a 14 year old when the actual quote does not sound like an admission of anything.

In any case, he sure as hell doesn't seem to give a crap about not making himself look even worse. Which is a pretty damn stupid attitude to be taking when he's being charged for criminal sexual assault.

Never mind what we were talking about, what the f*** is his GOAL here? Trying to escape punishment by insinuating that he's going to spill a lot of dirt if he goes down? Showing a total lack of remorse so that if he goes down, he goes down as hard as possible? Or, is this just some bizarre "f*** you" to everyone before he blows his brains out in order to escape imprisonment?

I mean, does anyone really get what he's hoping to accomplish with this?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#31 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

This was bizarre. But funny to be fair. He's obviously lost the plot a bit.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

@MrGeezer said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

In any case, he sure as hell doesn't seem to give a crap about not making himself look even worse. Which is a pretty damn stupid attitude to be taking when he's being charged for criminal sexual assault.

Never mind what we were talking about, what the f*** is his GOAL here? Trying to escape punishment by insinuating that he's going to spill a lot of dirt if he goes down? Showing a total lack of remorse so that if he goes down, he goes down as hard as possible? Or, is this just some bizarre "f*** you" to everyone before he blows his brains out in order to escape imprisonment?

I think he knows that his life is over, so he just wants to go out with a bang. Even if he shows remorse and becomes apologetic, the public will not change how they will see him; his name and reputation is forever ruined, so he probably thinks it's just less stressful to embrace his image as a deranged sexual predator at this point.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrGeezer

@one_plum: Yeah, but...considering that this is actually going to trial, then isn't "not coming off as a smug remorseless P.O.S." kind of important?

I mean, if it was JUST the end of his career, I could see your point. But he's potentially facing PRISON. Couldn't this kind of "don't give a shit and f*** everyone" attitude actually lead to a LONGER sentence if he gets convicted? And possibly mean the difference between serving a bit of time vs actually dying in prison?

I dunno. Maybe he's just so pissed off that he did something stupid without thinking of the consequences. But if that's the case, he surely has enough money to hire someone to help keep him from making things worse for himself.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

Yes. As a matter of fact it does sound like an admission of guilt. If you didn't do something you are accused or charged with doing, you need to take every opportunity to express your innocence. Twenty some years ago my civics teacher (A Democrat) preached how you must loudly proclaim innocence rather than be convicted in the court of opinion or even if it gets to legal proceedings.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@davillain- said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

I stop watching House of Cards right after they drop Kevin Spacey off the list and he's the reason why I care about House of Cards to begin with.

Same here.

Frank Underwood was House of Cards and Kevin Spacey was Frank Underwood. Season 6 of HoC seems more like a cheap way of getting past the contracts instead of cancelling it and breaking contracts and not have anything to show for it.

As to these latest "allegations", They seem like a cash grab and Kevin Spacey will probably not be found guilty in a criminal case, but in a civil one, he might unless he settles it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

My thoughts?

Spacey thinks he can act his way out of this. He admitted to some wrongdoing and apologized, waited what he thought would be an appropriate amount of time, and now is resentful that he has not been forgiven and welcomed back to the acting community. I think he has grown a little angry, and like all "great" actors he acts (lies) in his real life as well as when he was working. I think he expected people to forgive him. I think he expected people to be a bit more understanding.

This video is a response to all that.

The truth is, there is no coming back from what he has been accused of doing. In an ideal world, he would be found not guilty in the court of law and the whole world would be like "Oh, wow, thank God. I really enjoyed his work!" and he would keep making TV and film.

Best case scenario for him right now is that he not found guilty, gets to keep his money and freedom, and live well albeit in relative isolation. Even if you're innocent, there's no real "coming back" from something like this. But I don't think he is innocent, too much evidence and accusations. We will see.

@MrGeezer said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

@MrGeezer: ...

Or, is this just some bizarre "f*** you" to everyone before he blows his brains out in order to escape imprisonment?

Yeah. that's the other thing I was thinking; this video is more or less his suicide note :P A "look what you made me do!" attempt.

As for the video, not exactly sure what he was hoping for. If he was himself and not Frank the character, it would have come off a lot more genuine. Honestly I think the guy is just one of those performers who can't turn it off, you know? Always acting, even when he is not getting paid for it.

@Solaryellow said:
@Baconstrip78 said:

Yes. As a matter of fact it does sound like an admission of guilt. If you didn't do something you are accused or charged with doing, you need to take every opportunity to express your innocence. Twenty some years ago my civics teacher (A Democrat) preached how you must loudly proclaim innocence rather than be convicted in the court of opinion or even if it gets to legal proceedings.

Yeah, if I was ever accused of something, I would fight it tooth and nail. I don't begrudge him from using any- and every-thing at his disposal--his acting, his celebrity, his connections--but this video just comes off as weird.

I know there's the whole "the lady doth protest too much, methinks" groupthink when we hear someone going "I didn't do it! I didn't do it! YOU GOT THE WRONG GUY!" that causes us to simply cast them aside, too, so it's important to overcome one's urges to do this

I'm not an apologist or even particularly fond of Spacey before all this (overactor, imo) I just think he deserves his shot at a defense and honest trial like all of us.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

All I have to say is that as envious as I am towards the sort of lifestyle these celebrities lead, it does have its downsides. I mean let's be....frank.....living such celebrity lifestyles are RIFE with promiscuity at every turn. I think it becomes such a norm and accepted way of living for these folk, day in and day out, that they lose sight of the boundaries most of us "normal" citizens abide by and let their carnal desires run rampant barely restricted. They more than likely have a pasture to choose from of people willing to get close to them and letting them have their way, and on that rare occasion its rejected, they probably forget and dismiss it along with the everyday flirtations of a life that emboldens and encourages them.

Not to mention that the political climate has changed quite a bit from when Spacey was the age he was until today. What was probably viewed as the liberation of sexuality of yesteryear is seen much differently than it is today, especially in the hyper-sensitive era of Trump and claims of sexual abuse. This isn't a defense of Spacey, I only find it important to frame it in a context of differing lifestyles and the time periods in which they are being scrutinized. What we may view as excessive or over the boundaries, I'm sure these folk cross them every single day with people who embrace them with open arms.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

This is probably worth seeing as well. The person who directed this did a commentary for this short video.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#40 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

After I read details about this bar incident, I'm not entirely sure Spacey is all at fault here. The kid was 18 and lied and said he was 23, and he was drinking underage at the bar he worked at.

But the incident with the 14 year old in the 80's still stands.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@MirkoS77: I agree with your perspective, times have changed much more than some may realize. Celebrity life is very different and it seems to impact some differently than others. We don't know the vast majority of what goes on in their lives and it's best that way.

When issues like this surface and people clamor for justice, I mostly just wonder what the real story is. I'm not doubting any of what happened, I'm more alluding to the fact that a lot of what comes out of Hollywood are allegations.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

If your frank can I still be called skipper847.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#43 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@phbz:

Soros is awesome! A hero. A legend. The alt-right piss themselves and get their panties in a twist every time they hear his name.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I don't understand the thread title.