Dax-360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#54 Dax-360
Member since 2008 • 6001 Posts

I was there about 2 weeks ago. The nugget deal is too good to pass up.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Burger King sucks, McDonald’s mo betta.

I agree that Mickey D's has better overall quality, but The King is much gentler on wallets.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

While helping my brother move we went through a drive through... After several bites I remembered why I stopped going to those types of places. If I want a burger I will go to GBK or Byron even Five Guys is better.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

I think I got the $3.50 2 burgers, fried and a drink combo with chicken nuggets on the side.

Just got out of work. And wanted a cheap quick bite to eat before watching Star Wars Last Jedi.

gongbaojiding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 gongbaojiding
Member since 2018 • 21 Posts

it has been so long that i cant even remember

jorzorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jorzorz
Member since 2017 • 114 Posts

I went to burger king in Osaka last month. They didn't have the burger I wanted anymore, so I didn't buy anything. I guess it was a limited time deal.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

This Tuesday. My sister wanted to eat out, and was thinking more of a diner. But I suggested otherwise since neither of us make that much money. To be blowing $10 bucks each plus tip on one meal. And I wasn't even that hungry.

Wendys would have been more ideal. But BK was closer. And its a nice place to eat and chill. Without worrying the employees will bother you for staying past 20 minutes.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 shellcase86

@jak42 said:

This Tuesday. My sister wanted to eat out, and was thinking more of a diner. But I suggested otherwise since neither of us make that much money. To be blowing $10 bucks each plus tip on one meal. And I wasn't even that hungry.

Wendys would have been more ideal. But BK was closer. And its a nice place to eat and chill. Without worrying the employees will bother you for staying past 20 minutes.

Wow, now I want to go to a diner. Been a while.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#63  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

2 years ago. I hate BK, in fact almost all fast foods. I go maybe once every 3 months.

Now, restaurants I go to every week. If you know where to go you can a good meal for $15 that tastes amazing. Plus I find it romantic and enjoy the experience. One of my hobbies.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 shellcase86

@needhealing said:

2 years ago. I hate BK, in fact almost all fast foods. I go maybe once every 3 months.

Now, restaurants I go to every week. If you know where to go you can a good meal for $15 that tastes amazing. Plus I find it romantic and enjoy the experience. One of my hobbies.

Any particular faves restaurants or types of cuisines?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#65 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@mitu123 said:

Today, had a Rodeo burger.

I had one a couple nights ago. Regretted it instantly. This is what happens when you haven't eaten beef for five months.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

Literally 12 years ago over in Hawaii, I still remember having to go there because I was starving and there wasn't much else around for a quick bite. I am not a Burger King fan an don't care much for their food.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#67  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@shellcase86 said:
@needhealing said:

Honestly anything. Though my tops would be Arab and Pizza. Where I live there is this place that sells coconut and pumpkin pizza, probably the best restaurant for a budget I've gone to.

Mexican is a distant third, though.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:
@indzman said:

WOW!So many health freaks on OT.Wish i was one,but i live on junk/fast foods ?

I'm not a health freak--I just can't settle for mediocre fast food burger chains anymore. There are some local options that are worlds better.

Pretty much this.

Burger King is low quality in a low quality market.

-Their buns are floppy, flat, and never tasty
-The onion is sliced too thick and piled on too heavy; the tomato is too underripe and hard; the lettuce lacks crispness, and generally becomes wilted; and there is always too much mayonnaise, I don't mind a little mayo on my burger but they slather that shit on.
-They say they grill their burgers, but they always come out mushy and grey and damp, like they've been steamed.
-The fries are flavorless and too thick; fries should be crispy and packed with mild yet tasty flavor, BK fries seem like they are more blanched sticks of bland starch.

Even when I get their chicken options, which I feel are the best choice at BK, I am disappointed. The breading is generally a mushy coating surrounding a dry piece of processed chicken, and again the same issues with the bun and lettuce only for some reason they seem to think MORE mayo on chicken is better than the already excessive mayo on their burgers.

*shrug*

No thanks, I'll stick to In n Out, Five Guys, The Habit, and [worst case scenario] Jack in the Box, at least they do a basic burger and fries right. Truth be told, I'd rather get a burrito or a few tacos from any number of local taquerias, however.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

i've never been to Burger King. Burger King is not available here in my area.

jokoloko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jokoloko
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

it was a few months ago

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

I think their burgers have the consistency of foam and I don't really like the char-broiled taste they try and replicate, it just ends up tasting burnt to me. It's been at least over a year since I've had BK. Last thing I remember eating there were the "Mac n' Cheetos" which were actually pretty good.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 shellcase86

@needhealing said:
@shellcase86 said:
@needhealing said:

Honestly anything. Though my tops would be Arab and Pizza. Where I live there is this place that sells coconut and pumpkin pizza, probably the best restaurant for a budget I've gone to.

Mexican is a distant third, though.

Will have to take your word for it, cause that sounds insane.

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#75  Edited By csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

The BK near me is horrible so I avoid it like the plague. It's been several years. Honestly, if I never went to BK again, it would be too soon. They're just trying to copy McDonalds with their new venture capital firm running the show the last couple years.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

I don't think I've had BK since the late 90's. Now I can't stop thinking of getting a couple Jr Whopper's inside of me... damn you TC!

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Burger King sucks, McDonald’s mo betta.

I have to agree about being better but the removal of a tried and true dollar menu is a homer. The all beef hot dogs were tasty.

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79 Napster06
Member since 2004 • 5659 Posts

Been a while since I dined-in at BK. The last time I had BK was last week, a soggy Double Whopper... because I left my lunch too late.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#80 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

No idea. It's been a very long time.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@indzman said:

Who eats veg burgers?As a Hindu i dont even eat Veg Burgers, yuck?

Um, vegetarians. I'll admit, they're not the same thing as a burger. When veggie burgers try to replicate burger taste they usually fail pretty hard. That being said, they're actually pretty damn good if they're done right. White castle has a veggie slider that's full of peas, beans, and other veggies that is really good. It's kind of like eating a good salad or casserole, in burger form. And black bean burgers can be delicious if done right. You can do any number of combinations of spices and ingredients that will make it spicy, savory, or anything you can think of. I still haven't mastered the eggplant and mushroom burger, botched it every time I tried cooking it, but it looks absolutely delicious.

@mrbojangles25 said:

Pretty much this.

Burger King is low quality in a low quality market.

-Their buns are floppy, flat, and never tasty

-The onion is sliced too thick and piled on too heavy; the tomato is too underripe and hard; the lettuce lacks crispness, and generally becomes wilted; and there is always too much mayonnaise, I don't mind a little mayo on my burger but they slather that shit on.

-They say they grill their burgers, but they always come out mushy and grey and damp, like they've been steamed.

-The fries are flavorless and too thick; fries should be crispy and packed with mild yet tasty flavor, BK fries seem like they are more blanched sticks of bland starch.

Even when I get their chicken options, which I feel are the best choice at BK, I am disappointed. The breading is generally a mushy coating surrounding a dry piece of processed chicken, and again the same issues with the bun and lettuce only for some reason they seem to think MORE mayo on chicken is better than the already excessive mayo on their burgers.

*shrug*

No thanks, I'll stick to In n Out, Five Guys, The Habit, and [worst case scenario] Jack in the Box, at least they do a basic burger and fries right. Truth be told, I'd rather get a burrito or a few tacos from any number of local taquerias, however.

I love Five Guys, probably my favorite fast food joint (again, the irony), but man are they expensive. Last time I went I got a veggie with cheese (which is not even a burger, they just fry some veggies on the grill), large cajun fries (OMG, delicious), and a regular sized drink and ended up spending almost twenty dollars. I would go to a place like that every meal if I had the money, but I just can't afford to be that picky. Hell, there's a place near me that makes bean burgers with all sorts of fillings and toppings (mango salsa, jalepeno, buffalo ranch). I'd eat there every day if I could, but I wouldn't have any money for anything else.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@theone86: yeah 5 Guys is crazy expensive. For fast food. Would almost rather go to a sit-down restaurant and get something nice lol.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@theone86:"and a regular sized drink and ended up spending almost twenty dollars."

Damn that's too expensive. I only tried 5guys once and wasn't impressed.

And lol@ bean burgers.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@PSP107: I don't know how their burgers are, but their fries are amazing. Still, it's kind of a few times a year thing for me. It's the kind of place where they usually set up near a mall and jack up the prices on everything because they know rich kids are going to come and pay whatever for it.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

Listen to this: Burger King takes a swat at McDonald's with the new gut bomb burger: the Double Quarter Pound King, which has 900 calories and 54 grams of fat! Yikes!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/18/burger-king-launches-new-double-quarter-pound-burger-today/1043405001/

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#86 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich sans mayo