Last night's episode of It's Always Sunny in Philly...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

Did anyone else think that was one of the worst episodes they did? The gang was barely involved, and the whole flashback plot was just dumb.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
Worst episodes? Far from it. Thought it was a fun episode, the gang didn't need to be involved, especially since at this point Frank (Danny De Vito) makes the whole show watching most of the time. And for those other times it is Charlie.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SilentSoprano

Worst episodes? Far from it. Thought it was a fun episode, the gang didn't need to be involved, especially since at this point Frank (Danny De Vito) makes the whole show watching most of the time. And for those other times it is Charlie. SaintLeonidas

I didn't feel that way at all. I usually like Frank and Charlie, but this one just wasn't funny. It felt like I was watching a fanmade episode or something.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
No, I know it's not the worst episode. Can't remember which it was, but I know there was a worse one. I think it was in season 5 or 6.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SilentSoprano

No, I know it's not the worst episode. Can't remember which it was, but I know there was a worse one. I think it was in season 5 or 6. mrmusicman247

But what did you think of it in general? Did you like it or no?

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
It was alright. Nothing special.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i hated this episode, i pretty much hate any type of flashback episode in any show because it hasn't have the same feeling as if you were in the "present day"

Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
I was okay, but I'd say that it was one of the worst ones I've seen.
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

It wasn't amazing, but it had its moments, many of which I cannot repeat here haha.

AngryJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AngryJuice
Member since 2011 • 305 Posts
It was decent. Nothing special but not Necessarily bad.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Idk, I couldn't tell what is considered a good episode or a bad episode of that show.. I've never laughed once while watching it.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
My favoriite episode ever is "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom". It's just a wonderful showcase of how horrible these people are. And while other episodes have depicted The Gang doing worse things, I don't think any episode has ever ended quite like this episode did. It ended with The Waitress weeping and wailing about how much she'd been hurt, and the final shot is just a close-up of Charlie's eyes, as he sees how much his plan backfired. Then...roll credits. I absolutely LOVE that episode. It's actually a little bit sad, it's extremely mean-spirited. But the fact that it's one of the most MORAL episodes I've ever seen makes that entire situation ****ing hilarious. Bottom line...this is a show in which people constantly do horrible things, and we get to laugh along because we never get to see the victims as actual PEOPLE who suffer real and devastating consequences. Despite all of the nasty stuff like vomiting blood and trying to kill each other off, this show constantly plays it safe by never presenting anyone as anything other than a cartoon character. I believe that "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom" has come the absolute closest to ever portraying one of The Gangs' victims as an actual human being who suffers as a consequence of their actions. And...somehow that kind of honesty was both sad and extremely ****ing hilarious.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

It was okay. Not HAR HAR funny but he he funny. I liked the ending, probably got the biggest reaction out of me.

taylor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 taylor888
Member since 2005 • 2232 Posts
I must be alone in this, but I thought it was hilarious. Maybe I was just in a good mood but I laughed consistently, more than I did last week anyways.