Last movie you watched ?

#4351 Edited by blamix (863 posts) -

Just watched Avengers Endgame (2nd time) at home with pizza and cans of beer

#4352 Posted by Heirren (2238 posts) -

@vfighter:

Is that the first one? The first one is great. Really good execution.

#4353 Posted by brianvansmith (27 posts) -

Farewell. The world will be forever changed without the grandma.

#4354 Edited by g0dd00m (1 posts) -

I watched last end game😍😍

#4355 Posted by Gaming-Planet (20010 posts) -

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

#4356 Posted by Master_Live (19666 posts) -
  • The Boarding School (1969): 5/10
  • Avengers: Endgame: 6/10 [Time traveling eh? Nice one. These can't accept failure, not in any meaningful anyway.]
#4357 Posted by uninspiredcup (34401 posts) -

Triple threat - Pretty entertaining nuts and bolts action movie

#4358 Edited by uninspiredcup (34401 posts) -

Lone Wolf McQuad - And un-ironically, objectively good Chuck Norris movie with a fantastic soundtrack mimicking Once Upon A Time In The West? Yes please.

Neat as well when they have the final duel at the end instead of drawing guns they put them away. It's like Goerge Lucas ring theory but moar deep.

Loading Video...

#4359 Posted by comp_atkins (35805 posts) -

into the spider verse 8/10

#4360 Posted by iwilson1296 (2496 posts) -

Shazam, I liked it fine

#4361 Edited by HEATHEN75 (783 posts) -

I sat down to roll one Sunday morning and never got back up. Great movie.

Fun fact. The actor that played Greg Brady was the voice of Spider-Man in the awesome 90's cartoon.

#4362 Edited by Master_Live (19666 posts) -
  • Patton: 6/10
  • McQueen: 6/10
  • Andre The Giant: 6/10
  • Mid90's: 6/10
  • Eight Grade: 6/10 [So, a movie like this, where basically the 1st 40 minutes or so of the film consist of excruciatingly awkward, painfully uncomfortable situations (which is what they are going for) isn't what I would call fun. Basically all I did was: "no no no, don't do that!". But the acting and the situations are so honest and truthful that you can't help but root for her.]
#4363 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4930 posts) -

Firestarter

A pyromaniac's steamy dream. Fireballs through the fricken' air!

#4364 Posted by Serraph105 (33976 posts) -

So movie night with my parents yesterday and we watched The Upside, a relatively serious dramedy with Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston and it was pretty decent. Out of the five of us I think I found it to be the best, but at the same time nothing out of this world. I had no idea that Kevin Hart did any serious roles or was even looking to do so that that came as kind of a shock, but I liked it pretty well overall.

Apparently the movie is a remake of a french movie though and I've heard those who have seen the original prefer it to this by a fair margin so consider that as well.

#4365 Edited by uninspiredcup (34401 posts) -

Chuck Norris VS Communism - Really interesting movie about how people living highly restricted lives in Romanian became influenced and inspired by American movies like Rocky, Once Upon A Time In America, Bloosport and a whole host of stuff.

They really loved that scene in Lone Wolf McQuad where he used beer like spinach to come back to life like Jesus and exploded his Ram Charger out the ground like it was an extension of his penis.

Loading Video...

They took it very seriously like it was a gritty documentary, which was pretty charming.

#4366 Posted by SOedipus (11549 posts) -

Aliens - 8.5/10
Alien: Resurrection - 6/10

I'm slowly getting through Alien³. I'm actually enjoying it. I remember hating it years ago when I first watched it.

#4367 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1713 posts) -

Watched Halloween (1978) for the first time. Greenest October I've ever seen. Kind of silly she had two perfect opportunities to kill him. But I liked it. 7/10.

#4368 Posted by Byshop (19585 posts) -

Midsommar, by the guy who did Hereditary. Both were excellent films, and clearly by the same person. I have the same comments about both films, which is they are great, but the first two of the three acts of each were stronger than the last. It's not that the last acts of these films were below quality, but the first two acts of each were -extremely- strong while the last portions of each were just "good".

#4369 Posted by uninspiredcup (34401 posts) -

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1993) - The first 20-25 minutes of this movie are fantastic. The rest, not so much.

#4370 Posted by Ophelmark (145 posts) -

Thunderball.I love how this movie expands on the evil organization we saw in the previous movies.But what i like best is how strongly they portray James Bond.He is quite strong but not invincible.Also love the sexy chicks this movie portrays.

#4371 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4930 posts) -

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

#4372 Posted by Peasly (345 posts) -

Avengers Endgame 6/10

First time watched it at cinema. Never again. Everytime a character appeared the whole audience whooped, cheered and started clapping really loudly. Couldn't tell what was being said in the film. I mean cheering EVERY TIME characters appear on the screen is this necessary..??

#4373 Posted by uninspiredcup (34401 posts) -

A Prayer For The Dying - Only interesting thing is seeing Mickey Rourke before he ruined his face

#4374 Posted by VFighter (5136 posts) -

@heirren: Yeah it was the first, it felt like a bad 80s action flick, still not sure how there's a 3rd being made, defiantly going to skip 2 and 3. Gerrold Butler was the only highlight of the movie, and Morgan Freeman, but they couldn't save this turd.

#4375 Posted by iwilson1296 (2496 posts) -

@SOedipus: are you watching the directors cut or the theatrical version?

#4376 Edited by Master_Live (19666 posts) -
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: 5/10
  • The Last Picture Show: 6/10 [I might revisit this one in the future.]
  • The Mercy: 6/10
  • Father and Daughter (2000): 6/10
  • Boxcar Bertha: 5/10
  • Badlands: 6/10
#4377 Posted by SOedipus (11549 posts) -

@iwilson1296 said:

@SOedipus: are you watching the directors cut or the theatrical version?

I'm watching the Assembly Cut. Not sure if that means Director's Cut. I don't think it would since the director wasn't involved in it. But yeah, not the theatrical version.

#4378 Posted by Heirren (2238 posts) -

@vfighter:

I thought it was a well done thriller. Mindless sure, but effective.

Avatar image for storm_angelfish
#4379 Posted by Storm_Angelfish (11 posts) -

I've watched the Godfather yeasterday.... classic, legend, simply the best. Marlon Brando and Al Pacino are the greatest actors.

#4380 Posted by iwilson1296 (2496 posts) -

@SOedipus: oh right ,I meant the assembly cut, way better than the theatrical version for sure.

#4381 Posted by Master_Live (19666 posts) -
  • The Sting: 6/10
#4382 Edited by SolidSnake35 (58919 posts) -

Fargo... not sure why it has high ratings. Weird in a boring way.

#4383 Posted by Ophelmark (145 posts) -

You Only Live Twice.The movie was ok.But there is one thing that i regret.And that is watching Austin Powers before this movie.It was too much to ask for me to take the evil boss reveal in this movie seriously.

#4384 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36481 posts) -

Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus. - 6/10

It was nice to see Zim in animation again and it still had it's funny moments, but... I don't know. Might need to watch again. Hell, might need to binge Invader Zim as I grew up on that show as a kid.

#4385 Posted by Master_Live (19666 posts) -
  • Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore: 6/10
  • Barry Lyndon: 7/10
  • The Omen (1976): 6/10
  • Cría Cuervos: 6/10
  • Rocky: 10/10*
  • Annie Hall: 5/10
  • New York, New York: 6/10

*Re-watch.

#4386 Posted by pillarrocks (1507 posts) -

Saw Scary Stories To Tell In the Dark. 7/10

I read the books as a kid so was excited to see those stories come to life on the big screen. Overall it was scary even being rated PG-13, I loved effects for The Big Toe, Harold, and Me Tie Dough-ty Walker as they were both a mixture of CG and particle effects.

#4387 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58919 posts) -

Gone Girl... The ending is disappointing. I don't buy it.

#4388 Edited by iwilson1296 (2496 posts) -

@pillarrocks: I remember reading those books as a kid too, the artwork alone was creepy as hell, good stuff. I still remember the story about “the viper” turned out to be a “vindow viper” heh

#4389 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25406 posts) -
  • Incredibles 2 - 8/10 - Good movie but not as great as I thought it was going to be.
  • Justice League vs The Fatal Five - 7/10 - DC always puts out good animated movies, this one had it's moments but not many.
  • Reign of the Supermen - 8/10 - Yet another good DC animated feature. Great Superman movie overall.
  • Spiderman Homecoming - 7/10 - Yeah, yeah, I know. It's been out for a while but it was on tv one day and there wasn't anything else on. Never saw it before and had little interest in it.
  • The Lego Movie 2 - 6/10 - Not as good as the first movie but it did give me a laugh or two.
  • Resident Evil: Vendetta - 5/10 - This one is probably the worst of the RE animated films. It seems like the overall quality dropped quite a bit.
#4390 Edited by HEATHEN75 (783 posts) -

Stumbled across one of my childhood favorites on Amazon last night.

Young Ethan Hawke, young River Phoenix and young kid nobody ever heard of turn a Tilt a Whirl ride car into a space ship with help from a computer generated force field. Some of the effects are hokey now but the movie holds up decent overall.

#4391 Posted by uninspiredcup (34401 posts) -

The Chronicles Of Riddick - This movie is so stupid, yet takes itself mega seriously

#4392 Posted by SaltSlasher (1244 posts) -

31 - Rob Zombie

Such a better outing from the Lords of Salem. I can't wait for the 3 from hell or whatever its called as the sequel to Devils Rejects.

#4393 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1713 posts) -

Series finale of The Sopranos, again. The final scene still excites me the third time.

#4394 Posted by Gagomkd (287 posts) -

Uhhh I rarely watch movies so iirc the last movie I saw was Shin Godzilla, watched it like a month ago. It was pretty good, I like how different it was from Hollywood movies about Godzilla and I think now I understand that he is much more culturally important for the Japanese and there is more to Godzilla than "KING OF TEH MONSTERS RAWR SMASH!!"

#4395 Edited by SolidSnake35 (58919 posts) -

Sound of Water... pretty good.

#4396 Posted by uninspiredcup (34401 posts) -

Aquaman - This movie was pretty silly, cgi overload and Amber Heard was distracting.

#4397 Posted by Speeny (1887 posts) -

Most noteworthy one would be Avengers: Endgame. But, I did also watch a couple of the Alvin & The Chipmunks movies.