Last movie you watched ?

#3901 Posted by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

Dragonball Z: Battle Of The Gods - This is secretly an original Dragonball movie with the "Z" tag. Most of it light comedy with very little fighting, with the fighting itself never having much threat. Having watched Broly, the shortcoming of the animation really comes apparent.

Dragonball Z: Resurrection F- It's abit plot thin and they don't really do anything interesting with Freiza. The fighting are scenes are better than Battle Of The Gods. I prefer the series version, even though the animation quality is far worse, it's more drawn out with better build up.

Of these two Battle Of The Gods was better, mainly for the humor and the two newly introduced characters. Broly is basically Resurrection F, but doing something interesting with a much better plot and animation that blows it out of the water.

#3902 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25194 posts) -

Cheap 4-movie DVD set from Wal-Mart.

The Last Starfighter 8/10

Flash Gordon 8/10

Battlestar Galactica 7/10

Dune 6/10

#3903 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1066 posts) -

Samsara - 8/10

Aliens - 8/10

Million Dollar Baby - 9/10

#3904 Edited by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

The Jackel (1997) - Not sure what it is, but the scene where Jack Black gets his arm blown off is really disturbing, Throughout the movie he's an annoying dick, and on paper, you want to see him "get it", but the way it's done it's like watching a naive child get shot to death. Really yuck scene.

The movie itself is alright for a time-waster. Richard Geres character is pretty shit and watching Sidney Poitier and Diane Venora relationship after the opening would have been far more interesting. But she dies in 5 minutes and he's shoved to the back. Instead we're suppose to give a shit about Richard Geres Irish accent and his cardboard "i'm actually good, really" wife, the least interesting part.

Most of the entertainment comes from watching Bruce Willis be Agent 47.

#3905 Edited by warmblur (1505 posts) -

Assault from Precinct 13 2005 version 3/5 it's not bad but it's not great either it's just barely good. The best part of the movie for me is the Winter atmosphere the snow is CG but it still looks nice.

#3906 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4610 posts) -

Dreams dir. Ingmar Bergman

#3907 Posted by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

@warmblur said:

Assault from Precinct 13 2005 version 3/5 it's not bad but it's not great either it's just barely good. The best part of the movie for me is the Winter atmosphere the snow is CG but it still looks nice.

A pretty bang on the mark summery.

#3908 Posted by camW00dS (4 posts) -

The Mist, 2007.

With no doubt i can state that I've never seen this amount of human stupidity and wrong decisions in just one movie. But the ending is great

in its own way

#3909 Posted by X_Karen_x (363 posts) -

@camw00ds:

It the director which do that. If you believe it what you see on screen then the director did good job for you to believe what they want you to believe. Character is not real, it just illusion from whoever make it.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#3910 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5600 posts) -

I bought Wonder Woman last night and watched it for the first time. It was fantastic, I loved it.

#3911 Posted by Gwynbleidd_91 (88 posts) -

The Dragon Ball movie, it was better than expected and I'm excited for the future of the franchise.

#3912 Posted by Enragedhydra (1037 posts) -

Blade 2
@princessgomez92 Wonder Woman was a fantastic movie and one of the best DC has done outside of their animated movies.

#3913 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25194 posts) -

Starship Troopers - 7/10

Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation - 7/10

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder - 7/10

Starship Troopers: Invasion - 8/10

#3914 Posted by Master_Live (19277 posts) -
  • What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?: 6/10
  • BlacKkKlansman: 6/10 [I like Adam Driver but he didn't do anything to deserve an Academy Award nomination (his performance was fine). If anyone should be nominated it should be John David Washington.]
#3915 Edited by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

The Flying Guillotine - Men train with flying Guillotines. A poor dog gets it. Lot's of dramatic zooms. Some boobage.

Was really surprised to see this weapon was a real thing? Wha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_guillotine

#3916 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18254 posts) -

Ready Player One in 3D... I enjoyed it.

#3917 Posted by thehig1 (7096 posts) -

Vice

Hated it, closest ive been to walking out of a film.

Its probabily a good film, but not for me as I have no interest or any knowledge of US politics.

#3918 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1066 posts) -

Rocky. Fun movie. Stallone had a lot of personality. He was also a good looking man. Expected more from the end fight. Looked great on Blu-ray.

Interesting how all these boxing movies are about competitors who are already past their prime, thirty or above. Rocky, Cinderella Man, Million Dollar Baby, Raging Bull...

#3919 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1066 posts) -

I picked up The Apartment at Best Buy yesterday, the 1960 Billy Wilder comedy.

I love this movie. Without giving away too much, it’s about an employee who lets his superiors use his apartment to cheat on their wives, and a sardonically charming elevator operator who comes between him and his boss (who wants to use the apartment for the same purpose). Really charming and human, with fast-paced, witty dialogue. I prefer this kind of more realistic comedy over cynical slapstick. Leave it to a dramatic director like Billy Wilder to take dark themes like this (loneliness and depression) and keep it uplifting and funny. Jack Lemon reminds me of Jim Carrey a little here, but he’s much classier and more talented.

I’m glad I was able to get a hold of the Blu-ray for only six dollars. It was the only copy they had, I saw on the website prior to going there, and it was placed at the top of the bin, where anyone who knows good cinema would have seen it. Amazon only has it from third party sellers for much more. I rented it from Netflix previously, but they only had the DVD, which looked bad even for a DVD. That version, I remember, was 4:3 (640×480) with huge black bars, instead of 720×480 with small bars. Meaning it was extremely blurry. The Blu-ray is much sharper and has good contrast and grain. There was no mono option, but the 5.1 track was well done, with little use of the rear speakers and dialogue mainly coming from the center channel. It all came through pretty clear. Had little trouble understanding them.

#3920 Posted by azafor (3 posts) -

of-course Deadpool 2

#3921 Edited by warmblur (1505 posts) -

Been rewatching the Final Destination movies on Netflix this weekend watch the first two and now watching the third the first movie is definitely my favorite out of the franchise the second one is pretty good.

• Final Destination 4/5
  • Final Destination 2 3.5/5
#3922 Edited by SBan83 (27 posts) -

The most recent movie I watched was Polar on Netflix. I knew going in that it was a John Wick style revenge movie starring Mads Mikkelsen (and therefore recommended by Hideo Kojima, lol) and wasn't too disappointed. Some of the stuff in the middle was a bit cringeworthy though.

#3923 Posted by favar09 (5 posts) -

Punisher on Netflix 9/10

#3924 Edited by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:

Rocky. Fun movie. Stallone had a lot of personality. He was also a good looking man. Expected more from the end fight. Looked great on Blu-ray.

Interesting how all these boxing movies are about competitors who are already past their prime, thirty or above. Rocky, Cinderella Man, Million Dollar Baby, Raging Bull...

The original Rocky was made on a shoe-string budget. Stallon sat in the audience when a joke fighter Chuck Wepner managed to knock him Mohamed Ali, went home with a notepad and started jotting it all down.

It's not really a story about a guy past his prime but someone in their prime, laxed and arrogant by position against a nobody being given a chance, Tortoise And The Hare Hare with boxing gloves. To me it's the best fight in the entire series because it so definitively makes the point it sets out to make thematically.

#3925 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25194 posts) -

Not a movie. But, finishing up Justified on Blu-Ray. 9/10

#3926 Posted by jango_p (7 posts) -

Bird Box from Netflix. Didn't like it AT ALL.

#3927 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1066 posts) -

Watched First Blood in 4K today. The Canadian forest looks a lot more damp and muted (in a realistic way) in HDR. I like it. Hadn't seen this in like fifteen years. Good action movie. I like the broken soldier fugitive story of the original. Not interested in picking up the sequels. My favorite part is probably the cave, the way he uses the wind orientation of the torch to find the way out. At least, I think he was doing that. The direction of the fire changes a little at one point, at which point he turns.

Yesterday, I watched La Strada on DVD, the Fellini movie. It was great. I watched the included Martin Scorsese video commentary afterwards, in which he talked about the neorealism (modified reality) and the humanity of the movie, which was easy to sense. I found it interesting that La Strada was such a major influence on his movies about self-destruction, especially Raging Bull.

#3928 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15593 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:

Watched First Blood in 4K today. The Canadian forest looks a lot more damp and muted (in a realistic way) in HDR. I like it. Hadn't seen this in like fifteen years. Good action movie. I like the broken soldier fugitive story of the original. Not interested in picking up the sequels. My favorite part is probably the cave, the way he uses the wind orientation of the torch to find the way out. At least, I think he was doing that. The direction of the fire changes a little at one point, at which point he turns.

First Blood still holds up today. Second one isn't too bad. The rest though...

Still can't believe he's making ANOTHER one.

#3929 Posted by warmblur (1505 posts) -

Await Further Instructions 4/5 this movie was messed up but kept me entertained very dark.

#3930 Posted by alxice (3 posts) -

Hunger Games, only for the 10th time

#3931 Posted by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

Mary Queen Of Scots - Very, very bad.

#3932 Edited by Boddicker (4448 posts) -

I can't remember the last movie I watched. 99% of movies just seem to be retreads of the same tired, old clichés. I think the last movie I watched that broke away from some of those clichés was Hereditary. I found another while perusing YouTube that I'm going to watch tonight called Border.

I'm in the middle of binging The Expanse season 2 on Amazon Prime. It's not perfect, but I find that too many sci-fi movies/TV shows just handwave over FTL travel.

#3933 Posted by warmblur (1505 posts) -

Jason X 4/5 one of my fav horror movies. Interesting note the movie was originally filmed in 2000 but the president of production of New Line Cinema left the company. After he left the film was shelved for roughly 18 months before finally being released in April 2002 though it did get released in Germany in July 2001.

#3934 Posted by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

Videodrome- great

#3935 Posted by Master_Live (19277 posts) -
  • Widows: 6/10 [Weak ending. I just can deal with Liam Neeson in a movie, all I see is Neeson. After the movie I tried to think about which other actors with Irish ancestry could have played the part and it turns out Sean Penn is about the right age for the part and leaps and bound a superior actor.]
  • The Front Runner: 7/10
#3936 Edited by Thomasonie (8 posts) -

Don't exactly remember. I have watched a lot to the point that I can become a master in movie review :)

#3937 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4610 posts) -

Return of the Living Dead 3. It was a good B movie.

#3938 Posted by goodzorr (452 posts) -

I watched The Imitation Game on Saturday, which I'd never seen before. I thoroughly enjoyed it but am a Cumberbatch fan anyway. My morning at work has been spent reading up about the Enigma Machine, so it must have been interesting ;)

#3939 Posted by Cooperino217 (16 posts) -

Fated to love you. Now being into It's okay, that's love. May be it's my valentine withdrawal. but being sick now. will continue with its watching, play my recent fav on mantigames, make the food i crave after getting better...