Last movie you watched ?

#3852 Edited by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

Death Wish (2018) - It's like Donald Trump made this movie. A good, wholesome American family with a lovely dad invaded by evil, evil men who just really love being evil. Time for some sweet violent justice.

At this point (probably years earlier) it's pretty clear Bruce Willis doesn't give a shit.

#3853 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Rose Red DVD - It was actually a miniseries. Not that scary for something written by Stephen King. But, I still liked it. 9/10

It even has a fake documentary. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gAxew01KX8

#3854 Edited by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

The Usual Suspects -

This movie always reminds me of Predator, especially in the final act. Both movies involve macho alpha males on a job, only to be picked off one by one by an omnipotent force we only get glimpses of. A slasher, basically.

The thing these have compared to other Slasher movies, even the likes of Halloween, is build up the characters and make you engage with them, so when the dice starts falling you actually give a shit. The wonderful thing as well is that the movies monster might not exist at all. Could all be the power of myth.

Another thing that it shared in common with Predator is that it's a really tight and very rewatchable movie. Seen it a good dozen or so times now and it never really drags or get boring at any point.

#3855 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

Johnny Pneumonic.

#3856 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1507 posts) -

The Matrix Reloaded, 4K version. 4/5. I enjoy the philosophy and the action. The wider color gamut (HDR) was nice.

#3858 Posted by PETERAKO (2139 posts) -

home alone!

#3860 Edited by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

The Last Witch Hunter - Absolute rubbish. Good cover of Black by Ciara in the end credits.

The end credits are good.

#3861 Posted by iwilson1296 (2461 posts) -

The Meg...meh

Venom...it was fine

#3862 Posted by RicanV (2610 posts) -

In theateres - Aquaman in 4D

On Netflix - Venom and the Equalizer 2.

@uninspiredcup said:

Death Wish (2018) - It's like Donald Trump made this movie. A good, wholesome American family with a lovely dad invaded by evil, evil men who just really love being evil. Time for some sweet violent justice.

At this point (probably years earlier) it's pretty clear Bruce Willis doesn't give a shit.

I saw DW also. It was a decent enough action flick. It was a remake of the classic movie series from the 70s and those were pretty wild (at some point Charles Bronson found a rocket launcher).

#3863 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58842 posts) -
@LZ71 said:

Lucy. It was certainly...something, alright. I think how much you like the movie depends on how willing you are to accept the craziness/silliness of it all.

I liked it considerably less the second time. What got me wasn't the silliness but the really lazy science thrown into it.

#3864 Posted by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

Deadly Queen - One of those tv movies house-wives watch.

Some lady (homecoming) was Queen and pushed of the stage, and pretends to be pals with the other lady when they older, and even though she is quite obviously evil and making bad things happen, the other lady never seems to notice. Even though someone has told her, her name is fake, she killed her husband and stalked her.

It's rubbish.

#3865 Posted by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

Batman Begins - A live-Batman movie about Batman and not the villains, imagine that.

The pacing is alot better than the other two. It's almost a surprisingly optimistic movie. I also much prefer the look of Gotham in this movie.

Has the mcguffin bomb like Rises, but it makes sense here.

#3866 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4835 posts) -

Contact

#3867 Posted by VFighter (4914 posts) -

@RicanV: Netflix has Venom already?

#3868 Posted by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

Grown Ups 2 - Seeing an Adam Sander movie is more putting your toe in the water to see if it's as bad as people say it is, than going in for comedy.

#3869 Posted by Yams1980 (3475 posts) -

i watched a jurassic park movie a couple years ago, very forgettable. Tried to watch the Tombraider one but it was god awful boring and stopped after about 15 minutes.

I barely watch any new movies these days. I'll watch older movies but most of the new ones are so embarrassing and cringy.

#3870 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@Yams1980:

I hear Jurassic park new one not so good from friend at work.

#3871 Edited by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

Black Rain - This movie is very 1980's. Everything looks cool.

#3872 Posted by Peasly (324 posts) -

The Old Man and the Gun. Last film Robert Redford is ever going to do. Didn’t think much of it should have left it at All Is Lost now that was a really good film..

#3873 Edited by Peasly (324 posts) -

@x_karen_x: I didn’t think the new Jurassic Park was any good either..

#3874 Edited by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@Peasly:

Second new one it was gift to me so it might be good idea to see one before it. When I say this to my coworker she say it not worth it. Guy she obsess about I think also not like it but it possible two love bird not pay attention to story.

#3875 Edited by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

Star Trek: The Search For Spock - Not really "bad", just middling.

The Klingon villains are just bad. Very two-dimensional, just in there because "we need antagonist", probably the lazyest depiction of them outside of Discovery. It's abit odd as well to have an entire movie revolve around a single character. Compared to other Star Trek movies this feels very small scale.

Some sequences are fun, stealing the enterprise and swapping ships. Others (Kirk's stunt double doing a backflip kick) are unintentionally hilarious.

One scene that always stood out is when Kirks son dies. It's apathetically brutal. No music or dramatic intervention, he's just overwhelmed and stabbed. They hide the blade going in, but it's done in a way that it comes across as out of sync with the rest of the movie.

Endings eh. They go to get Spock, they get Spock. Byeeeeeee

#3876 Posted by mattbbpl (17135 posts) -

The Incredibles 2. I went in very sure that it wasn't going to be as good as the first one was (which was a mastercraft of weaving a dozen themes throughout a single cohesive storyline). That turned out to be true, but it was still very good. I really enjoyed it.

#3877 Edited by Master_Live (19491 posts) -
  • Les Miserables (2012): 6/10
  • The Old Man & The Gun: 6/10
  • Mutiny on the Bounty (1962): 6/10
  • First Man: 7/10 [Not a crowd pleaser, in fact, it kinds of leaves you cold. Highly doubt this would ever been shown on a elementary/middle school to teach about the subject (not saying that it should be crafted with that purpose) unlike, lets say, Apollo 13 or Lincoln.
#3878 Posted by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

Solo - Colourless Rubbish

Rambo 3 - Entertaining video game that became an entertaining video game

#3879 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1507 posts) -

I started renting from Netflix again.

Today I watched Solo, that new Star Wars movie. It had the dumbest cameo I've probably ever seen in a movie like this. Completely random and unbelievable. Felt like such a bad way to bait fans, a cheap, undeserved shock moment. It hurt the ending. The rest of the movie was alright. I still wouldn't have made a movie about Han Solo, though. If it did need to happen, I would have animated it, to at least keep Harrison Ford and Billie Dee Williams' (Lando) likenesses. But Disney doesn't do traditional animations anymore, so...

The day before, I watched Jurassic World, which was alright, but I'm not sure I'd ever see it again. It felt dumber than the first two movies. Yes, I liked The Lost World as a kid.

Recent rentals I found a lot better were Bound and Memento. I've seen Memento twice before, years ago. Bound is a neo-noir thriller made by the Wachoswki brothers a few years before The Matrix. It's about these two lesbians who try to rip off the one's gangster boyfriend. It was stylish, fun and had good tension.

@uninspiredcup said:

Solo - Colourless Rubbish

Yeah, wasn't fond of the washed out color.

#3880 Posted by Peasly (324 posts) -

@x_karen_x: Yes definitely see the one before the latest.. Jurassic World..

#3881 Posted by X_Karen_x (500 posts) -

@Peasly:

Okey dokai

#3882 Edited by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier - The one where William Shatner defeats god. Not as bad as people make out, at the very least it's an interesting movie if nothing else.

#3883 Posted by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

The Heat - Quirky, bickering and shouting is not funny.

#3884 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4835 posts) -

At Eternities Gate. It starred Wilem Defoe as Vincent Van Gogh. Honestly I found it kinda boring.

#3885 Edited by warmblur (2380 posts) -

The Maker 1997 3/5 I watched this back in the day because I had crush on Farizua Balk. I remember renting this at BlockBuster back in the day it's a weird movie that's not good but for some reason I like it not just because of Balk.

#3886 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1507 posts) -

Also, about Solo... That spot of the YT-1300 was never used for an escape pod. Dumb. It would be stupid engineering placing missiles behind the escape pod. Why would you place the escape pod at the FRONT of a ship anyway? And if it was an escape pod, why would they not have replaced it in forty years? Seems really important. I would have thought they loaded freight in there maybe, but yeah.

The reveal at the end was made even worse by him force grabbing his lightsaber, like the fans HAD to see a lightsaber in this movie and like they had to make him appear threatening somehow.

#3888 Edited by uninspiredcup (33428 posts) -

@ezekiel43: Would have been real nice if this movie had some colour. It's so desaturated.

#3889 Posted by drmohansingh (14 posts) -

The Shawshank Redemption

#3891 Posted by Sevenizz (3846 posts) -

This is a 4 year old thread. Why is it ok to keep necroing it and it not be locked?

#3893 Posted by VFighter (4914 posts) -

@Sevenizz: Because people post in it every day or every other day. Why would it be locked?

#3894 Edited by drmohansingh (14 posts) -

The last movie I watched the 2.0.

#3895 Posted by coolkid93 (6746 posts) -

Glass. It was aight. Hell of a lot better than any Open Waters movie though but then yet, that's with anything.

Avatar image for drrajindersingh
#3896 Edited by drrajindersingh (2 posts) -

" This Is The End"

#3897 Edited by drmohansingh (14 posts) -

Last movie I watched was Zero. It was all right.

#3898 Posted by SocializeBox (0 posts) -

The Inn Keeper on the Horror Channel. Not scary at all :(

#3899 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1507 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@ezekiel43: Would have been real nice if this movie had some colour. It's so desaturated.

It's something I would expect in a depressing movie like Million Dollar Baby, not an adventure like Star Wars.

#3900 Posted by Master_Live (19491 posts) -
  • Halloween (2018): 6/10
  • The Ballad of Buster Scruggs: 6/10
  • West Side Story: 6/10