Last movie you watched ?

#3801 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade- Señor Spielbergo at his best

#3802 Posted by SOedipus (11466 posts) -

@horgen: Not as bas as Suicide Sqad or Batman v Superman.

#3803 Posted by Horgen (120468 posts) -

@SOedipus said:

@horgen: Not as bas as Suicide Sqad or Batman v Superman.

So it isn't their worst film yet. That's uplifting news.

#3804 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Beverly Hills Cop - I can't watch this without thinking of Ronny Cox as the OCP guy.

#3805 Posted by iwilson1296 (2456 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: or the total recall guy, i think those are the true signs of a great actor, like when someone can play a good or bad guy equally effectively.

#3806 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4834 posts) -

To Joy

dir. Ingmar Bergman

Didn't like it. It was a character study of whom I preferred not to study.

#3807 Edited by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Ghostbusters 2 - Is it wrong to like this more than the first one? It's basically a remake, but I think the monsters, jokes, effects are all better.

Loading Video...

#3808 Edited by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Indiana Jones Crystal bla - Almost all this movie feels like it's been filmed with green-screen. The lighting looks really odd, not natural

The complaints about the alien stuff I never got,or the whole fridge thing. Par for the course with the other movies.

Just everything in it looks like a Playtation game, so nothing feels like someone physically there doing anything dangerous. None of the environment feel convincing, just cgi, no sense of mystique to it. Might as well be air.

#3809 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Ant Man - Alright. Not bad, not terrible. Not amazing. Villain sucked.

#3810 Edited by Master_Live (19480 posts) -
  • Blue Jay: 6/10
  • Isle of Dogs: 6/10
  • Operation Finale: 6/10
  • The Vietnam War: 6/10 [Seemingly comprehensive and dense.]
#3811 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

The Mummy Returns - Rubbish, feels like a TV movie

#3812 Posted by VFighter (4910 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: The effects are better but that's about it.

#3813 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Brannigan - Low rent Dirty Harry

#3814 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Andre the Giant - Very good documentary about a larger than life fellow and his inevitable physical problem.

#3815 Posted by mattbbpl (17124 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Ghostbusters 2 - Is it wrong to like this more than the first one? It's basically a remake, but I think the monsters, jokes, effects are all better.

I never understood the hate that the second one got. I love it. I still like the first one more, but I wouldn't take issue with liking the first one more.

The last movie I saw was Hereditary. I understand that it's polarizing, but I really enjoyed it. If you're looking for something unique, subtle in it's themes, and slightly ambiguous, it's a great choice.

#3816 Edited by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey - Of the 3 this feels the closest to books in tone. A children adventure with a little Brit who likes his home too much. After about 4-5 rewatched I really like it. Has alot of nice scenes.

The other 2, bleh. Those comparatively get worse every-time they pop up.

#3817 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

War Of The Worlds (2005) - For a movie about the extinction of humanity it sure leaves you feeling nothing

#3818 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Vanishing Point (1971)

The year the movie came out was the same year we moved into northern Nevada. Unlike in the movie, the folks at Goldfield, Nevada were quite friendly and welcoming.

#3819 Posted by Horgen (120468 posts) -

Avengers: Age of Ultron.

About time I saw the whole movie in one sitting.

#3820 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Vice Versa - Goofy 80's "body swap" movie, with that bloke from Beverly Hills Cop and that kid from that thing. It's rubbish, but still sort of charming.

#3821 Posted by Serraph105 (33759 posts) -

Mary Poppins. My wife and I watched this shortly after watching Mary Poppins Returns.

#3822 Edited by APOPHI5 (7 posts) -

Watched Bird Box Yesterday which was just “Meh” I like Sandra Bullock it was decent but not amazing .

Shin Godzilla as well I watched with my Daughter and that was 100x’s better than Bird box not saying much but man what a badass incarnation of Godzilla !

#3823 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Spectre - Great opening sequence. First half is pretty good. Then it just descends into a mess.

#3824 Posted by Vectorpete (4 posts) -

Venom, I mostly enjoyed it.

#3825 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Turner And Hooch - It's another cop with dog movie

#3826 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

The Eagle Has Landed - The BBC show this every New Year. It's a pretty fun film.

MIchael Caine isn't the most believable German in the world.

#3827 Posted by warmblur (2366 posts) -

2 Fast 2 Furious 3/5 not bad totally prefer it over fast 6,7,8.

#3828 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Man Of Steel - I like the fight scenes, it feels like a live action DBZ. But the story makes no sense, superman is glum and it's probably the worst Lois Lane. The entire thing feels like an exercise in misery.

#3829 Posted by VFighter (4910 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: How does the story make no sense? This isn't the first time I've read this about Man of Steel and I can't wrap my head around it. Its slightly more complex then any previous Superman movie, but its not complicated and it pretty easy to follow. As for shoes being "glum", he's a freak his entire life and ends up finding out his entire race, or 99% of them are dead, but yeah it should have been a slap stick comedy I guess.

#3830 Edited by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@uninspiredcup: How does the story make no sense? This isn't the first time I've read this about Man of Steel and I can't wrap my head around it. Its slightly more complex then any previous Superman movie, but its not complicated and it pretty easy to follow. As for shoes being "glum", he's a freak his entire life and ends up finding out his entire race, or 99% of them are dead, but yeah it should have been a slap stick comedy I guess.

Dragonball rips off Superman. But it makes sense. They don't know Frieza will attack, it's abrupt. Sayians get sent out to other planets to conquer them, so the scant survivors makes sense.

The story-line of Broly is even similar, with him and his father dumped on some planet for X years, seeking revenge. Vegita assumes the planet vampa is so harsh it will kill him by default.

Brolys father, not Broly is the one with the grudge, and behind all the screaming and fighting there is a point about following an expected path (relating to Japanese culture itself). Like many characters on Dragonball, he's redeemed.

-

In Man Of Steel, they know well in advance Krypton will blow up. And do.... nothing.

That band of psychotic military space ISIS who tried to take over? Who explicitly swore revenge? Yea, let's put them safely in limbo for X years, while we all die, so they can eventually come and seek that declared revenge on our son.

Superman is a real savour, leading them to earth killing thousands of people, creating images of 911. That's what kids want to see. Glum Jesus looking like he wants to be anywhere else than helping people.

In the end, people are dead, we learn nothing. with Superman destroying mans few scant means of defence in front of them, a demonstration of his awesome power, threatening them while he's at it.

Remember this guy?

Loading Video...

#3831 Posted by warmblur (2366 posts) -

Alien Hunter 2003 with James Spader it's a decent movie.

#3832 Posted by So_Carrieous (44 posts) -

Gladiator!!!

#3833 Posted by VFighter (4910 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Well I see you watched the movie yet truly didn't understand a lick of it.

Most didn't believe the planet was going to blow up...ugh screw it I'm not getting into this again, not worth my time.

#3834 Edited by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@uninspiredcup: Well I see you watched the movie yet truly didn't understand a lick of it.

Most didn't believe the planet was going to blow up...ugh screw it I'm

False.

That's other interpretations. In this they explicitly know, but do nothing.

Maybe go watch it again before giving a lecture, here, I'll help.

Loading Video...

i.e. they actively tried to do something, with the council admitting they screwed up, with the but the idea of moving planet is "can't be arsed", even though they explicitly are told they have weeks. They didn't even entertain the idea, not because "we don't believe"

But... but bububuubuubuu....

"because reason"

When it comes to the populous, we aren't shown, or indicated anything. That's you injecting an explanation to plug the bad writing.

Hell, I'm on General Zod's side, only guy getting shit done.

-

Even Gladiators response is dumb, "who decides what bloodline", "you have taken up the sword".

Uh, yea? Because letting dummys lead is all to be dead, is bad? They've basically screwed the planet and sat on their butts "because". Why the hell wouldn't they punished? You have weeks, maybe less, and you're actually arguing drastic action isn't the way when they literally told you seconds ago they plan to do... jack shit! For a scientist he sure is thick.

And who the hell are you appointing Superman to lead us? Ya god dam hypocrite. Sending him to our planet, as an "example", when he came from an objectively, stupid planet full of half-wits leading general Zod to us, to bring back said-stupid planet by killing us all? But hey, he saved us from the problem he created, giving us a few 911's in process.

Thanks Superdick, keep up the good work.

#3835 Edited by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Age Of Ultron - Lots of stuff blowing up, lots of things happening, nothing worth caring about. Along with Thor 3 and Captian America one of thw weakest MCU imo.

#3836 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

I watched The Beast of War a third time. I mean, the DVD had disappeared for a long time. I recently discovered it buried within the stacks of (my kid's) animated movies.

#3837 Posted by VFighter (4910 posts) -

Hellboy - After seeing the trailer for the reboot I wanted to reach the first two to see how they held up. Answer, it held up awesomely. Ron Pearlman is perfect as Hellboy, the rest of the casting is just as spot on. The only real negative a few of the ptactical effects show their age. 8/10

#3838 Posted by brightshadow (9 posts) -

Full movie was most probably The Maze Runner: The Death Cure

#3839 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

@vfighter said:

Hellboy - After seeing the trailer for the reboot I wanted to reach the first two to see how they held up. Answer, it held up awesomely. Ron Pearlman is perfect as Hellboy, the rest of the casting is just as spot on. The only real negative a few of the ptactical effects show their age. 8/10

The trailer for the reboot look really, really bad.

But again, I always think of Dredd, the trailers for that were utter shit.

So, wait and see.

#3840 Posted by VFighter (4910 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Yeah while the trailer wasn't good overall, I feel the marketing team wanted it more in tone of Deadpool or maybe Thor Ragnorok to appeal to more people. From what I've read Neil (the director who made The Decent which was awesome) said the reboot was more horror so I'm holding out hope for an awesome movie. Although Hellboy face looks off in the trailer, my biggest complaint so far.

#3841 Edited by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Avengers Infinity War - Deep fry your kebab

#3842 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Pacific Rim: Uprising- Thoroughly enjoyable nonsense. Alot more colorful than the first and John Boyega is a much better lead than (someone man), from the original. The kind of crap you watching while paying half attention to the tv.

#3843 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4834 posts) -

My Summer with Monika from my Ingmar Bergman boxset.

#3844 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Star Trek Into Darkness: Benidict Cuecumber does a scary Hannibal voice in an attempt to convince the audience his character isn't boring and that this movie is interesting.

#3845 Posted by Horgen (120468 posts) -

Captain America Civil War.

#3846 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

True LIes - Super fun action/comedy with a slightly annoying daughter

#3847 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

The Great Raid (9/10)

There's Something About Mary (9.5/10)

Run Lola Run (8/10)

#3848 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Snow Dogs - Poor Cuba Gooding Jr.

#3849 Posted by uninspiredcup (33375 posts) -

Revenge Of The Sith - I still enjoy this more than the Disney movies