Last movie you watched ?

#3751 Posted by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

The Borrowers 1998 - Meh,

Point Break 1991 - Endlessly re-watchable

#3752 Posted by Master_Live (19482 posts) -
  • Femme Fatale: 5/10
  • Heist: 6/10
#3754 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

Pom Poko, it is such a good film. Very sad though.

#3755 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79311 posts) -

Crazy Rich Asians - Funny. Great cast. Formulaic as rom-coms go, though.

#3756 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1501 posts) -

Rewatched 2001: A Space Odyssey. I was supposed to receive this at the end of October, but because of a recall, it didn't get here until a few days ago. Warner Brothers did a fantastic job with the 4K version. The color is MUCH better than the Blu-ray's from 2007, which was drab and yellowish. This looked more natural/neutral. HDR is well used, never aggressive. The picture is sharp throughout. The music sounded great, which is what the surround sound was mostly used for. It has two audio options, the theatrical and a new mix, both 5.1. I picked the new mix, which was the default. I moved my rear speakers from behind my sofa all the way to the back of the living room a couple of days ago, which makes everything sound more spacious and nice. The opening gave me chills.

I'm not gonna talk about the movie. It would feel pointless, since almost anyone who cares about cinema has already seen it and formed their own opinion. But I'll never understand why so many people find it boring.

#3757 Posted by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

V For Vendetta- Extremely entertaining movie Campy, serious and silly all at once.

The Dark Knight -This movie always leaves me cold for some reason. Of the three, still think BB is the best one. Dark Knight Rises is more entertaining but it's convoluted mess.

#3758 Edited by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

The Return Of The Jedi- The second best Starwars imo. The part with the teddy bears is abit shit, sure. But otherwise a specular ending.

Unfortunately the version shown on TV, and now apparently the only version shown, is the one where George Lucas decides to completely ruin the ending by changing a scene where he's internally rationalizing to having to spell it out to the audience.

Loading Video...

Absolutely dreadful.

The Last Jedi - Watched this a couple of times to see if something would click, nope, sucks.

#3759 Edited by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

A Christmas Carol (2009) - The CGI in this kinda just results in a bunch of creepy looking distracting faces. It doesn't add any twists or generally anything new to the story, like Scrooged or other movies did.

#3760 Posted by VFighter (4910 posts) -

The Christmas Chronicles - Kurt Russel looks good as Santa, but the rest of this movie is just blah. Its been all done before and better, and the elfs...etc?!? 5/10.

HAPPY! - Ok, is not a movie but man I'm loving it. Absolutely crazy with high production values and great writing and acting, this is a must see. 9/10

#3761 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Tremors 1 on DVD. I liked 1-4. But, the first one I like the best.

#3762 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1501 posts) -

Rewatched The Terminator. I wish Hollywood still made action movies like this. I don't think the second half lives up to the first, though. Looks and sounds great on 1080p DTS 5.1, visually much better than Terminator 2's releases. Really good use of surround.

@uninspiredcup said:

The Last Jedi - Watched this a couple of times to see if something would click, nope, sucks.

I think it's the best Star Wars since Return of the Jedi. But I know the whole internet is against me on that one. Consensus says it's bad.

#3763 Posted by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

UP - Brilliant movie, genuinely funny.

#3764 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4834 posts) -

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse

It was ok.

#3765 Posted by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

Men In Black - Everyone seen it, everyone knows it's great

Men In Black 2 - Reminds me of Ghostbusters 2 in that it's basically a remake of the first movie, but not as good. Completely retcons the first movies ending as well.

Not awful, just... too samey.

#3766 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4834 posts) -

The Impossible with a young Tom Holland. I guess it's a Christmas movie too.

#3767 Posted by SaltSlasher (1083 posts) -

Dead Pool 2....Hitting big time boys...bang....lolz

#3768 Edited by Master_Live (19482 posts) -
  • Beauty and the Beast (1991): 6/10
  • Beauty and the Beast (2017): 5/10
  • A Ghost Story: 7/10
  • Roman J. Israel, Esq.: 6/10
  • Churchill: 6/10
  • The Glass Castle: 6/10 [There's some good material here, Brie Larson is a good actress but this is just Woody Harrelson doing the same thing he always does and I can't really watch a movie with him, he always does the same performance. With a Sean Penn or Kevin Spacey (I know he is unavailable 'till the end of time) it would have been a more memorable film.
#3769 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

Men In Black 2 - Reminds me of Ghostbusters 2 in that it's basically a remake of the first movie, but not as good. Completely retcons the first movies ending as well.

The story in MIB 2 is quite different from MIB 1. The only thing I find similar is the recurring characters....which is fine. I like having a sense of continuity in a series.

Same goes for MIB 3.

#3770 Edited by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The story in MIB 2 is quite different from MIB 1. The only thing I find similar is the recurring characters....which is fine. I like having a sense of continuity in a series.

Same goes for MIB 3.

In Men In Black 1 it is the story of how J is introduced to MIB

In Men In Black 2 it is the story of how K is reintroduced to MIB.

In Men In Black 1 a powerful alien comes to earth searching for a super weapon taking human-form.

In Men In Black 2 a powerful alien comes to earth searching for a super weapon taking human-form.

In Men In Black 1 K and J must go round asking various aliens questions in order to find special item.

In Men In Black 2 K and J must go round asking various aliens questions in order to find special item.

In Men In Black 1 K and J find out the important item is extremely small, the size of a marble.

In Men In Black 2 K and J find out the important item is extremely small, the size of a watch.

In Men In Black 1 K and J find out the important item could result in the destruction of the earth.

In Men In Black 2 K and J find out the important item could result in the destruction of the earth.

In Men In Black 1 the special item has a count-down until aliens blow up earth

In Men In Black 2 the special item has a count-down until aliens blow up earth..

In Men In Black ends with the evil-alien turning into a giant monster just as the time limit ticks down to almost 0.

In Men In Black 2 ends with the evil-alien turning into a giant monster just as the time limit ticks down to almost 0.

In Men In Black the glowing special item saves earth.

In Men In Black 2 the glowing special item saves earth.

Yea, it's a remake. 3's a far superior sequel, making primarily about time-travel and the characters, using Josh Brolin to make it familiar but still completely different.

#3771 Edited by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

Watership Down (2018) - Completely watered down, horrible 3D animation. Not really a "Christmas" movie to begin with.

#3772 Edited by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

A Christmas Carol (1984) - A fantastic adaptation.

#3773 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4834 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: I was confused at first because you used a pic from the original Watership Down. Then you mentioned 3D graphics. And then I saw that the version you watched is from 2018. Lol. Have you seen the original? I watched it for the first time this year.

#3774 Edited by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

Romeo And Juliet (2013) - Two attractive people with no chemistry pretend to show emotion to each other. Some dramatic music plays to try trick you. Lot's of people with impeccable hair living in castles upset.

@DEVILinIRON said:

@uninspiredcup: I was confused at first because you used a pic from the original Watership Down. Then you mentioned 3D graphics. And then I saw that the version you watched is from 2018. Lol. Have you seen the original? I watched it for the first time this year.

Yes. The 3D one is split into two parts and can be viewed on BBCIPLAYER or Netflix, it's very poor though, only good thing is the voice cast.

#3775 Posted by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

Home Alone 2 - Like Ghostbusters II and Men In Black II, it's a beat per beat remake of first.

Having said that I sort of prefer it over the first movie. It's also great at never any point in the movie does he, or the bird lady think about "phoning 911". He only does it after a convoluted sequence of leading Joe and Co to the park.

Nonsensical movie, but fun if you're willing to turn you're brain off.

#3776 Edited by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

Dragonball Super: Broly - Superb. Jaw dropping fights that escalate to a man so pissed off his pupils blow up.

With Akira Toriyama hands on, the art style retroactively want back to traditional art than the digitized look of Super, and took a shallow 1-note villain Hulk and turned him into something to reinvigorate the franchise going forward.

#3777 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4834 posts) -

Bumblebee. First Transformer movie I've ever seen and I liked it. The soundtrack was good.

#3778 Edited by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

Mowgli- I enjoyed this alot more than the Disney live version. Just thought it was an al round more interesting movie. The creators and performances (including little kid) were great.

#3779 Posted by nancysamuel104 (12 posts) -

Fantastic beasts 2

#3780 Posted by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

Short Circuit -It's basically a smaller, more annoying Iron Giant, with a white guy using brown face, in a role that didn't require the character to be Indian in the first place.

#3781 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6747 posts) -

Aquaman - Felt like I was watching Black panther/ Thor Ragnarok/ Uncharted / some horror movie. It was good fun.

7/10

#3782 Posted by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

Batman Return- God I love this movie. It's a bad Batman movie, for sure. Take it as some weird anti-Christmas movie, amazing.

#3783 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4834 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Hahaha, nice description.

#3784 Posted by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence - The ending to this always makes my eyes water, Ryuichi Sakamoto theme really just gives it an ethereal feeling. David Bowie looks like a 30 year old child in the flashbacks lol

#3785 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

Birdbox...meh

been watching a lot of documentaries around Russia history though

#3786 Posted by Byshop (19567 posts) -

My wife wanted to watch Christmas movies the last few nights in a row. We did Love Actually a few nights ago, then A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve because that's one of her favorites. I watched Bird Box after she went to bed which I enjoyed. At a glance it looked like a knockoff of A Quiet Place but with a sight-based threat instead of sound but it was a decent movie in its own right. Before that I saw Grindlewald which was pretty meh overall because the story didn't really go anywhere (it should have been labelled "Fantastic Beasts 2 out of 3").

-Byshop

#3787 Posted by Ovirew (9021 posts) -

I saw The Mule the other night. It was...just okay. Maybe a 5 out of 10. I feel like I could have taken the movie or left it.

#3788 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15737 posts) -

Watched Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse the other day and to me, it's not only one of the best animated movies I've seen in a long time, but it's the best Spider-Man movie, period.

#3789 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1501 posts) -

Spartacus. FINALLY. Pretty good. Sentimental. With that, I have now finished all of Kubrick's movies. I kept holding this last one off for years. Edit: No wait, I still haven't seen Fear and Desire or Killer's Kiss. Probably won't, considering they were his first feature films and didn't gain much respect.

#3790 Posted by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

K9 - He's a cop, with a dog. But he doesn't like dogs!

God.

#3791 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

Pitch Black

Dark Fury (animated, covered events after Pitch Black)

Chronicles of Riddick

Riddick

#3792 Posted by Horgen (120468 posts) -

The Junglebook (disney cartoon)

#3793 Posted by SOedipus (11466 posts) -

Aquaman - 6.5 It wasn’t horrible, but there was a lot of hype from my friends of how awesome it was. It was too long, predictable and cheesy for my tastes.

It’s a Wonderful Life - 8.5/10

#3794 Posted by Zappat (1595 posts) -

Bird Box on Netflix. I watched it because I read somewhere it was super scary. Meh, waste of time 5/10

#3795 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43955 posts) -

@zappat said:

Bird Box on Netflix. I watched it because I read somewhere it was super scary. Meh, waste of time 5/10

At least is was not as bad as The Happening. That movie was not...happening.

#3796 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25245 posts) -

The Beast of War (9/10) and Rambo: First Blood (8/10).

#3798 Edited by Master_Live (19482 posts) -
  • The Red Turtle: 7/10
  • The Handmaiden: 6/10
  • You Were Never Really Here: 6/10
  • Maudie: 6/10
  • One Day in September: 6/10 [You get older and things stop shocking you. But every so often something does. This is amateur hour of the highest order. And the arrogance of the IOC. Shame, shame, only shame.]
#3799 Posted by uninspiredcup (33381 posts) -

Kindergarten Cop - He's a cop, working with children, but he hates children!

Slightly better than K9 mainly due to Arnie being so god dam loveable.

#3800 Posted by Horgen (120468 posts) -

@SOedipus said:

Aquaman - 6.5 It wasn’t horrible, but there was a lot of hype from my friends of how awesome it was. It was too long, predictable and cheesy for my tastes.

It’s a Wonderful Life - 8.5/10

So typical DC quality on Aquaman?