Last movie you watched ?

#3701 Posted by uninspiredcup (29269 posts) -

The Dark Knight Rises - Too many plotlines, too many characters. I mainly love this movie because outside of the comics it's about the only time Bane has been done properly. Tom Hardy just chomps every scene.

Falls apart in the last act.

#3702 Posted by jcwow10 (3 posts) -

Lord of the rings, great trilogy.

#3703 Posted by warmblur (1128 posts) -

Cloverfield 2008 3/5 I seen a little of this movie years ago on cable tv and never got past the party part I finally watched the full movie on Netflix it was pretty good.

#3704 Posted by narlymech (1646 posts) -

@uninspiredcup:

you watch a lot of movies

#3705 Edited by Jackamomo (1286 posts) -

Ghost World: Steve Bushemi gets his end away with a really young Thora Birch and featuring Scarlet Johanson’s boobs as they hypnotise you whenever they are in shot.

The Good the Bad and The Ugly: kinda slow, kinda surreal. Was also cooking but not much happens really. Is more like a mood than a film but not as much as...

TAOJJBTCJF as above post where even less happens than in TGTBATU which is beautifully shot but is like 5 hours long and my attention span is really only 2 hours tops.

Unless... I’m watching David Lynches almost unintelligible but amazingly kitsch Dune.... FATHEEER!!!! *clench fist, head down* and ‘We will take the boy-man. He will have sanctuary in our tribe’, ‘Stay back! She has the weirding way.’

Oh yeah and Get Carter really just for the soundtrack. It wasn’t any great shakes but I liked the strange claustrophobic vibe. Kind of reminded me of Straw Dogs weirdly which I highly recommend (Dustin Hoffman stars) as it is exactly what the uk countryside is like, crossed with the Wicker Man. Trust me - avoid the uk countryside and Wales, it’s weird.

#3707 Posted by Speeny (668 posts) -

My Hero Academia Two Heroes at the cinema. Wasn't a great movie but it's enjoyable. I plan on re-watching Pulp Fiction soon. Re-watch value is great with that movie.

#3708 Edited by uninspiredcup (29269 posts) -

Outlaw King - It's impressive how close it sticks to history. Although certain parts do feel very rushed. John Comyn and Robert The Bruce became co-guardians of Scotland and had always been rivals, they hated each other. Comyn doesn't get enough screen-time to really grasp that or have much of a connection of the character.

The ramifications of killing someone in-side a church when people were so religious wasn't really emphasized. Up until his death he believed he was cursed by god, with his illness being symptomatic of that.

Def would have changed those two aspects of the film.

Prince Of Wales was overemphasized. He more interesting in "playing". Although the scene where Edward dies and explains he could never picture his son sort of reels that back abit and is one of the best scenes in the movie. Edward II himself is portrayed less as a flat mustache twirling dick and more like a wise, no bullshit king who believes he's right than bad for the sake of being bad.

Not sure about the fist-fight at the end, I guess they had to take creative license and it links back to the start of the movie, Bruce being the son he wanted to be is the vibe they were going for, but they would most certainly have taken him hostage, letting him go is just straight up dumb. But whatever. Movie.

Chris Pine is arguably too dry. The film as a whole is far more low-key and less obvious good/bad than something like Braveheart. It's downbeat as well, instead of cheering at the end of a battle it has a mournful tone because (you know) people are dead. Almost like logic has been applied to the movie. The final shot of the young fellow holding the crown was wonderful.

Aaron Taylor Johnson as Douglas was great , it even has Douglas larder incident t and doesn't try to dress it up as good-guys VS mustache twirling English, it's straight up brutal taking them dishonorably on their day of prayer.

Loudon Hill has a lack of CGI PS2 men or glamor shot set paces. It makes a point of the using the terrain against them. His speech is sort of anti-Braveheart well where he basically tells them "I don't give a shit, just fight good", everything feel authenticate and brutal.

Overall not as good as I was hoping it would be, but I admire it for sticking pretty close to the events and not for pandering flag-waving nationalists and just going down the easy dumb-dumb route with happy peasants minding their business until dem English at it again.

#3709 Posted by elements2788 (5 posts) -

Hacksaw Ridge

#3710 Edited by Peasly (225 posts) -

@elements2788: loved that give it a 9

Watched The Predator last night give it a 3

#3711 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4485 posts) -

Starship Troopers. I was surprised to hear Mazzy Star playing in the background of one scene.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfca40aa8741
#3713 Posted by deactivated-5bfca40aa8741 (12 posts) -

Mission Impossible: Fallout

It was pretty good.

#3714 Posted by Master_Live (19216 posts) -
  • Blade Runner 2049: 7/10*
  • The Informant!: 6/10*
  • Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room: 7/10*
  • Rounders: 7/10*
  • Carol: 7/10*
  • Moneyball: 7/10*
  • The Perfect Storm: 6/10*

*Re-watch

#3715 Posted by Mandzilla (2174 posts) -

Last one I saw was Overlord, would give it a 7/10.

#3716 Posted by Cashewnuttel (15 posts) -

Thor 3.

#3717 Posted by Serraph105 (32976 posts) -

Fantastic beasts 2, I liked it fairly well.

#3718 Posted by Zeenat (12 posts) -

Venom

#3719 Edited by uninspiredcup (29269 posts) -

White House Down - Feels like a straight to dvd Die Hard Almost so bad it's good, but not quite. The lead (who's name I can't remember) runs around in a vest shottying baddies, he's like John Mcclain without personality. Too much greencreen as well, even when they are doing mundane things like driving a car it looks like a PS2 game.

Loading Video...

It seems to rip off a sequence from The Rock as well, but it's comparatively rubbish.

Loading Video...

Should have probably just watched The Rock, come to think of it.

#3720 Posted by iwilson1296 (2410 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Olympus has fallen is the better version of White House down...if ya haven’t seen it yet.

#3721 Posted by uninspiredcup (29269 posts) -

@iwilson1296: Ha, i've seen that and it's sequel, definitely alot more fun.

OT - Watching Event Horizon

#3722 Posted by Master_Live (19216 posts) -
  • Field of Dreams: 8/10*
  • A Clockwork Orange: 6/10*
  • Mad Max: Fury Road: 7/10*
  • Schindler's List: 6/10*
  • Interstellar: 7/10*
  • The Godfather: 10/10*
  • The Godfather: Part II: 10/10*
  • The Godfather: Part III: 6/10*

*Re-watch

#3723 Posted by Peasly (225 posts) -
  • First Man 8/10

#3724 Posted by narlymech (1646 posts) -

thor Ragnorok, I thought this was even better than infinity war, 9/10

#3725 Edited by AFBrat77 (26643 posts) -

Instant Family = 8.5 (maybe 9.0) out of 10

Normally I'm not a Comedy/Drama mix guy, but this one hits all the marks despite Wahlberg still not being a good actor. Probably the best marks I'd give for this kind of movie, plenty of laughs, and plenty to stir emotions. Pulls you in and stays with you. If you like this genre, consider it a must see and get your butt out there. Decent movie to see with your significant other. Well done!

#3726 Posted by AFBrat77 (26643 posts) -

@DEVILinIRON said:

Starship Troopers. I was surprised to hear Mazzy Star playing in the background of one scene.

Was it "Fade into You"? I still think thats one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard.

Haven't seen Starship Troopers in years but I liked that movie.

#3727 Posted by thehig1 (7017 posts) -

Creed 2

4/10

its another rocky film which tries to pull nostalgia from rocky 4, fails its a hard watch boring for long spells

#3728 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4485 posts) -

@AFBrat77: Yup. You got it!

#3729 Posted by ahlam12 (2 posts) -

Imagine Bruce Wayne grown old. He is not as active as he once was. TEN Years has gone since he last wore that bat suit. The new generation thinks Batman to be a Myth.

Joker is in asylum recovering. Harvey has now been operated and is not a two face anymore. A new gang is in Gotham called “Mutants”. Killing people even for a penny. Whole city is in panic.

#3730 Edited by uninspiredcup (29269 posts) -

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation - Usually find these movies kinda meh, predominantly because it's Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise, but this one was pretty good. It was like Spectre crossed with From Russia With Love. Might watch the one with Henry Cavils moustache.

#3731 Posted by uninspiredcup (29269 posts) -

Birth Of The Dragon - Really bad movie that deliberately misadvertised as "Bruce Lee", when really it's about his invented white American friend. It's pretty bad.

#3732 Edited by ahlam12 (2 posts) -

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. It was okay - not much more than your typical Hollywood spectacle. Well done and entertaining but lacks depth.

Instead of movies lately, I've been watching Hannibal (Tv Show). It's great.

https://luckypatcher.pro/

https://kodi.software/

https://plex.software/

#3734 Edited by uninspiredcup (29269 posts) -

The Gauntlet - Great movie, pretty epic ending.

Also whoever done that movie poster deserves a medal.

ed- haha Frank Frazetta, that explains it.

#3735 Posted by SoNin360 (6950 posts) -

Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Rather dated, but it was decent enough I suppose. Had a random itch for an alien movie, but hopefully I can find something more interesting.

#3736 Posted by uninspiredcup (29269 posts) -

Oblivion (2013) - Not really a bad movie, it's merely "alright".

Every movie Tom Cruise is in, it's difficult to feel for the character, because it's Tom Cruise being "Tom Cruise". From watching behind the scenes stuff, although he comes across as abit mental, he is enthustic and puts effort into this stuff doing his own stunts and what not... but it's just Tom Cruise... again... and he lets the movie down. Unfortunately.

Music is amazing and some of the visuals are nice. It's like if Apple destroyed the world.

#3737 Posted by Master_Live (19216 posts) -
  • The Looming Tower: 7/10
  • Sharp Objects: 6/10
#3738 Posted by theone86 (22328 posts) -

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Not bad, some real great segments, a couple of not so great ones. One my least favorite Cohen Brothers film, but that's not such a bad thing.

#3739 Posted by Longsnout (142 posts) -

Aquaman.

#3740 Posted by thehig1 (7017 posts) -

Creed 2

Was poor really, the fight scenes were decent enough, however the film was a copy of rocky 4 in almost everyway.

#3741 Edited by MirkoS77 (13532 posts) -

Schindler's List, 25th anniversary theatrical re-release.

Crazy that it's been 25 years since this came out.

#3742 Edited by warmblur (1128 posts) -

Reindeer Games (2000) 2/5 Yeah this movie is trash but in a weird way I kinda of liked some of it. Gary Sinise made this movie watchable can't stand Ben Affleck though.

#3743 Posted by uninspiredcup (29269 posts) -

Baywatch (extended) - Surprisingly enjoyable trash. Actually found myself laughing out loud at a few parts.

#3744 Edited by AFBrat77 (26643 posts) -

Green Book = 8.0 / 10

Well made interracial buddy movie (highlighting the blatent racism of the early 60's) based on a true story. Viggo Mortensen played a better New York Italian-American than I would have thought, though it did seem stereotypical. Not sure if I think it's worthy of a best movie nomination in most years but this has been a weak year so....yeah maybe. I personally thought "Eighth Grade" was the best movie I have seen this year.

Avatar image for flexibility1312
#3745 Posted by Flexibility1312 (7 posts) -

Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay

YOU GOTTA WATCH THIS FILM, BEST COMEDY EVER :D

#3747 Edited by uninspiredcup (29269 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

Creed 2

Was poor really, the fight scenes were decent enough, however the film was a copy of rocky 4 in almost everyway.

Not as down on it as you, but I thought it definitely had problems.

Odd you say Rocky 4, I was actually thinking it was a loose remake of Rocky III with some Rocky II thrown it.

Rocky 3 > Mickey Advises Rocky against fighting Clubber Lang, Instead of Mickey dying, his father is dead from the opening. Hero gets the shit beaten out of him, has his Robert The Bruce moment, goes to some urban area to re-assume himself to learn a new method to take down foe etc...

Rocky 3 is a much better movie in my opinion. I know people get down on that because it's where it turned to more action/comic book stuff, but it's really effective at what it sets out to do. It's also a really tightly paced move, Creed II is so, so baggy. Feels like you could cut 20-30 minutes off it.

The family stuff is reminiscent of Rocky II. And much like Rocky II, none of it really resonates. Aside from a really great opening credits scene, Rocky II sucks imo.

Probably the most interesting aspect was the Ivan Drago stuff. Originally Rocky 5 was suppose to be about Ivan Drago dealing with his defeat, and some of that is in here. And the idea of "what does a villain do when they have nothing", is intricately more interesting than "Adonis must prove himself again" and all the schmaltzy baby stuff.

As I say, I don't think it's a total write off as you, but I'd definitely put it below 1/III/IV and Balboa. It's only really better than II and V in my eyes.

Sort of enjoyed the final the fight and how it played it, and the music-score, performances, all good. But it could have been way more original and really squandered Ivan Drago, it was more drips of something that could have been far more interesting.

#3748 Posted by Master_Live (19216 posts) -
  • Deadpool 2: 6/10
  • Annihilation: 6/10
#3749 Edited by HEATHEN75 (503 posts) -

Barry Gordy's the Last Dragon. One of my all time favorite movies. Had my wife watch it forr the 1st time. She thought it was stupid. Next on the list for her is UHF starring Weird Al Yankovic. She is in for such a treat.

#3750 Posted by warmblur (1128 posts) -

ATM (2012) 2/5