ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5051 ophelmark
Member since 2017 • 602 Posts

Gattaca.Here comes another movie i just watched bits and pieces until now were i watched it with my complete attention.I don't think i missed too much of the story.It was great for sure but there is two things i missed.I never realized the character played by Jude Law committed suicide in such a hardcore way at the end(incinerated himself).And i also never realized the clock was also ticking for the character played by Ethan Hawke due to his hart condition.He was already past the due date.I guess the biggest thing i never realized is how tragic the ending was.Despite Vincent Freeman realizing his dream.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5052 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ophelmark said:

@warmblur: Nice.I was planning to do that myself.I'm currently watching mostly tv shows that i couldn't watch at the time for several reasons.Right now i'm watching for the first time Raw is War starting from 1997 to 2002? maybe.I'm also watching Third Rock From The Sun.But just one episode each week.

You are in for a treat WWE back then was so good especially in the year 2000 I miss those days man. I can't stomach WWE these days the only wrestling show I watch now is AEW Dynamite it's good but nothing will ever top late 90's early 00's wrestling.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5053 ophelmark

@warmblur: For sure.I'm currently in september 1998 of RAW is WAR.It has been a glorious ride.Besides the usual megastars like Stone Cold or Rock.This era has a few things that are gone forever like the divas.I know people nowadays hate that era of women's wrestling but Man i love the Bra and Panties matches or similar segments with sexy divas.Like Sable.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5054  Edited By ophelmark

The Outlaw Josey Wales.I was kinda surprised that this movie had a mc as part of the confederation and the villains were soldiers from the union.The story was kinda different to the usual revenge stories too.Since the mc was the one being chased by the people that killed his family.Besides that the thing i liked the most was that the mc was kinda of an asshole.I laughed so hard when he spit on the indian's dog forehead and the dog started to growl at him.It was a pretty good movie overall.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5058 ophelmark

Twilight Samurai.Great movie.I forgot i watched it already but whatever still good.

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5059  Edited By ophelmark

Session 9.I watched this movie before but it didn't impress me.I decided to watch it again cause a twitch streamer(she is playing Silent Hill) mentioned it.I think the movie is better i initially thought.But there was one thing that bothered me.How come his nephew didn't knew he was a psycho? maybe i missed something.Besides that the last thing the psycho said was...weird but awesome at the same time. ''i live in the weak and the wounded''

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5060 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Been re-watching a lot of movies over the weekends, yesterday afternoon i it was 'We Bought A Zoo' 'cause i love Matt Damon films and this one is fun.

Today who knows, anything that lasts 2 hrs or so is good for me..!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#5061 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

Big Trouble in Little China for a second time. Still so damn awesome! And puts a smile on my face.

harrypotttttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5062  Edited By harrypotttttt
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

I have watched The whole harry potter movies on a marathon during the last 3 days so that i can take part in the Hogwarts house quiz.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5063 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Watching Onward right now. Not sure why a lot of people said it sucks. I liked it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5064 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

Lone Wolf Mcquade - Manly movie

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5065 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Stumbled across this and remembered liking it as a kid in 1981. Threw it on for old times sake. It was bad. I actually saw the launch pads pop a few times when explosions caused people to fly through the air. Even Christopher Lloyd as the villain couldn't save this movie. It was so bad that the lead actor was never seen in a movie again.

MeJhin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5066 MeJhin
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Bloodshot! Basically the Terminator made even better, Vin Diesel killed it!

Trailer: https://oke.io/4P8k

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5067 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

The Best Years of Our Lives | 1946 | USA | 2 hrs 50 min | William Wyler | Score: 9/10

I cried. More than once. This movie came out at the perfect time. About the soldiers coming back from the war and trying to reintegrate (figure out their relationships and work). It feels honest, and it's hopeful.

I kind of wish they had done a little more with Stephenson's story, the father who approves loans to veterans at the bank.

Graveyard (Not my screenshot):

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5068 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

Slaughterhouse Rules with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. I think that explains the movie enough :D
Got what I wanted and expected, had fun with characters. 7/10

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5069 uninspiredcup

I'm gonna get you sucker - It's alright, prefer "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood"

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5070  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?: 5/10
  • The Squid and the Whale: 6/10 [So acerbic.]
  • Pollock: 6/10
  • Amores Perros: 6/10
  • Nowhere Man: 5/10 [It has all the themes of a great series but it simply can’t pull it together under the restriction of broadcast television. Predictable, cliched, cheesy, shallow, unsubtle, you name it.]
  • Zodiac: 10/10*
  • Hannibal: 6/10*
  • Shame: 8/10*
  • 8MM: 5/10*
  • The Brave One: 5/10*

*Seen it before.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5071 uninspiredcup

@Master_Live said:
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?: 5/10
  • The Squid and the Whale: 6/10 [So acerbic.]
  • Pollock: 6/10
  • Amores Perros: 6/10
  • Nowhere Man: 5/10 [It has all the themes of a great series but it simply can’t pull it together under the restriction of broadcast television. Predictable, cliched, cheesy, shallow, unsubtle, you name it.]
  • Zodiac: 10/10*
  • Hannibal: 6/10*
  • Shame: 8/10*
  • 8MM: 5/10*
  • The Brave One: 5/10*

*Seen it before.

Kinda thought the bonus content documentary that came with it was better than the movie itself.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5072 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I'm gonna get you sucker - It's alright, prefer "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood"

Both are great movies but Don't be a Menace is easily the best of the hood satire movies.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5073  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8360 Posts

I was very pleasantly delighted by Booksmart. I have heard a lot of people say it's basically the girl version of Superbad, and there's definitely a lot of truth to that; but leaning on that premise alone would be selling the movie a bit short on the overall charm and humor it has to offer.

While Superbad I'll say is a very raunchy film, there is a balance of that in Booksmart as well but I feel like it's dialed back a bit so it's not nearly as obnoxious. What Booksmart really excels at is the chemistry between the two lead characters and the situational humor they land themselves in has some golden moments. There's some surprising tenderness and realistic shortcomings that these characters go through that I found very relatable for the millennial generation.

My favorite part of this film: very contemporary and modern for these times. It depicts millennial generations in very realistic and believable ways, and millennial problems and millennial lessons. The majority of the movie I felt like many of the characters were caricatures of people I knew in real life back when I was in high school and the young adult life. I feel like movies tend to take a look back in time or create fantasy takes of what's current, but this one had some authenticity. The movie has wacky movie moments too, but overall the characterizations among the cast felt genuine and relatable.

Great modern high school comedy I can definitely recommend.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5074  Edited By uninspiredcup

@heathen75 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Both are great movies but Don't be a Menace is easily the best of the hood satire movies.

Haha, awesome scene. Loved the gag where the heroes they spent 1/3 of the movie assembling kill themselves before confronting the bad guys.

Loading Video...

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5075 ophelmark

Vigilante.I watched this cause it was labeled somewhere i forgot as a cult movie.And well...the movie was ok but besides the story about private citizens hunting down criminals.There wasn't anything much there.Maybe it's cause it didn't had a charismatic lead as Death Wish or just cause the criminals posed little threat or there wasn't any creative executions.Like i said this is a good movie but not really a hidden gem that was overlooked in some way.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5076 uninspiredcup

Revenge Of The Ninja - A remarkable piece of cinema.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5077 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8732 Posts

Hotel Artemis. Not bad.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5078 uninspiredcup

Ninja III The Domination - This has a pretty awesome and stupid opening, but the rest is relatively boring.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#5079 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Antebellum. Didn't like it.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5080 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1328 Posts

The old original Jackie Robinson movie from around 1950

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5082  Edited By uninspiredcup

Wishmaster - Not great, but a nice little distraction.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5083  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

#Alive on Netflix, I watched the dubbed version but it was still awesome. Only criticism was that I found the ending to be a little predictable. South Korea is definitely the king of zombie cinema at the moment, consistently producing truly tense stories.

It's interesting how the undead in Train to Busan, the Kingdom series and this one all share the same appearance and twitchy mannerisms. Gives you the impression that each takes place in the same universe, just at different times.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5084  Edited By uninspiredcup

@mandzilla: Korean stuff in general seems to be quite good atm. Been enjoying their period K-dramas, quite chilled soap operas with pretty locations and pretty people, doing stuff.

Which is ideal for the nightmare we currently inhabit.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5085  Edited By uninspiredcup

Lord Of Illusions - Not bad, one of Clive Barkers better movies

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#5086 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

AKIRA in 4K

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5087 mandzilla  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: Hmm, intriguing. Definitely going to have to check out some of these K-dramas to supplement my anime intake. Do you have any suggestions? :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5088  Edited By uninspiredcup

@mandzilla: Royal Gambler is a decent starting point, it kind of is a live action anime, or at least feels like one. Pretty long watch as well, but self-contained.

Loading Video...

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5090 ophelmark

Sorceress.Honestly it was a bit underwhelming for what i was expecting.Sure it had it's share of sexy chicks.But i was expecting the main heroines to get suited in some kind of bikini armor at some point in the movie.But that never happened.But i gotta say the ending was much better.Specially the scene with the undead warriors.Those looked pretty cool.And i know.Cause i'm a huge fan of zombie movies.Overall it was an ok movie.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5091 mandzilla  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: Wow thanks, that looks like something I'd enjoy! Will check it out later on today, I appreciate the recommendation. 👍🏻

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5093 Speeny

Hubie Halloween. It's watchable as a movie but isn't as funny as Adam Sandler's other stuff. Kind of reminds me of Billy Madison. That's one of the few movies of his that I don't like.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5094  Edited By uninspiredcup

@speeny said:

Hubie Halloween. It's watchable as a movie but isn't as funny as Adam Sandler's other stuff. Kind of reminds me of Billy Madison. That's one of the few movies of his that I don't like.

Ha, literally just finished that, was about to post also.

"Watchable" is a good description. It's not dire like many of his other movies, but not good either, it's junk food to leave on in the background.

Wasn't keen on how (yet again) he is playing a mentally disabled person for laughs. And like, a good 60-70% of the movie is basically mean spirited townsfolk doing horrible shit to him. Like, it wasn't even funny it just came across as sad.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5095 Speeny

@uninspiredcup said:
@speeny said:

Wasn't keen on how (yet again) he is playing a mentally disabled person for laughs. And like, a good 60-70% of the movie is basically mean spirited townsfolk doing horrible shit to him. Like, it wasn't even funny it just came across as sad.

Exactly. I don't find it funny either, it's just dumb? Before watching the movie, a buddy of mine had mentioned a week or so before that he said if he didn't get an Oscar for Uncut Gems, he'd make the next movie pretty bad. So, I guess that was the BAD movie. Still waiting on a third Grown Ups though. Wasn't a huge fan of the second film but again, watchable.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5096  Edited By uninspiredcup

"Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood" (quite the mouthful) has aged liked fine wine.

The Wayans brothers are very underrated.

Kody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5097 Kody
Member since 2020 • 4 Posts

Well I mostly watched TV series lately, especially The Boys and Raised by Wolves. But yeah, I think the last, last movie I saw was from the LEGO category with some friends. I know those movies are old but yeah I had some friends over and they wanted those. I'm usually a fan of block toys, especially nanoblock. And seeing how Lego is so popular, sometimes I wonder if the nanoblocks will be THAT popular.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5098 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Rambo 1-4, Rambo First Blood is my favorite out of them all, but Rambo (2008) is a close second. The brutal action scenes are almost artistic in motion, really surprised by how good it was. Rambo First Blood Part 2 is also pretty good, with Rambo 3 just mediocre, although the opening fight scenes in that movie was really good.

Rambo Last Blood - Meh, I see what they were going for but the director wasnt able to pull it off and it just came off as a cheap Taken ripoff. Weakest Rambo by far. 4/10

ophelmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5099 ophelmark

Solaris.The movie was ok.Tho i admit i fell sleep a few times.I'm starting to wonder if some of the references for media that inspired the creators of Silent Hill(game series) were just added by fans in the wiki and not the creators.I don't see how this movie inspired the creators of SH in any way.The thing with the mc and his wife doesn't count in my opinion.Overall the movie was ok.But maybe i missed some more deep meaning.

Soler Survivor.This movie was actually pretty good.And in this case i bet it inspired the creators of the final destination movies.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5100 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

The cable guy