This topic is locked from further discussion.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Ok so i like to read reviews here and there, but it really makes me mad when GS approves a LAME review. A person says they've played a game 10-20 hrs, but then gives it a 5 or a 1. How does that make sense? If a game was really a 1 or even a 5 you wouldnt play it for 10+ hours (especially if the game isnt over a few weeks old). The lopsided reviews that people put in because they find the game too hard or repetitive are just stupid. You look at a game's overall score from users and nowadays you dont know if it is nearly accurate.

COD4 is a prime example. Most reviews are 7-10 range. Then a couple dumb kids say a 1.0 because the single player is too short, or they think the AI is stupid. One kid said he hated the game because "you cant sign in as guest." Stupid. that does not make the game a 1.0. Then they give Rockband a 10.0. Seriously, you don't just give games you love a 10.0 and games that are missing a couple things a 1.0. People need to just know what kinds of games they really like, and stay away from games that they know they'll hate.

Anyone agree with me? shouldnt GS just sort through the reviews that are ridiculous and take them out or something? Or at least make it more difficult to submit reviews to keep out the simple inaccurate ones.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#2 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Actually, playing a game they rated a 1-5 for a total of 10-20 hours makes sense. If the game is horrible, why would you want to play it for any longer than that?

cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 cornholio157
Member since 2005 • 4603 Posts
no they shouldnt filter reviews b/c there personaly opinions some ppl have the talent to acuratly review a wide variety of games but alot of ppl only like a few and they just want ppl to know what they think, but there just opinions if u like the game who cares if other ppl dont if they gave it a bad score u dont have to read there review
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Don't read user reviews if they bother you, just stick the the proper review.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

The people that give games a 10.0 bother me the most. They don't critique the game at all, don't "review" it as the name suggests and basically state they enjoyed it so it deserves the highest accolade from them. Damn their lives must be black and white.

ShattyFattmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 ShattyFattmas
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts
Well, they dont have time to sit there and sift through reviews to weed out the bad ones. Theres not really much they can do about it to try to prevent false ones. Just to let user reviews way to heavily on your descisions.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Talldude80

I know i shouldnt trust the user average very much. I was just ranting how it bothers me how people think REVIEW means OPINION. 1.0 does not mean Hate, and 10.0 does not mean Love. I wouldn't mind if they just only posted approved reviews. and not ALL of them. If i wanted opinions I would ask the forum.Maybe a solution would be to only allow user reviews from Level 10 or something. To preventnew users from reviewing a game just because they hated it/loved it.

p.s. sorry for the double post, I hit submit then it said "there's already a post with this title" so i changed the title and resubmited. but it had posted already.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Talldude80

The people that give games a 10.0 bother me the most. They don't critique the game at all, don't "review" it as the name suggests and basically state they enjoyed it so it deserves the highest accolade from them. Damn their lives must be black and white.

Hoobinator

exactly what i was thinking. but the 1.0 scores bother me more.

Putzwapputzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Putzwapputzen
Member since 2005 • 4462 Posts
theyre arnt that lame. the user reviews are based on how the person felt when they played the game.
Adam-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Adam-G
Member since 2007 • 2657 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

Talldude80

Thats your opinion about the game, let other people have their opinions.

You can have your opinion, they can have theirs. Its really not a big deal.
L8erSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 L8erSquare
Member since 2007 • 2599 Posts
I just skip the reviews that seem like haters and fanboys reviews. :|
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hoobinator
[QUOTE="Talldude80"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

Adam-G

Thats your opinion about the game, let other people have their opinions.

You can have your opinion, they can have theirs. Its really not a big deal.

It is when it bumps the user review score up. And that's why I pay very little attention to user reviews.

dgbeard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 dgbeard45
Member since 2003 • 989 Posts
They are user reviews not professional, so they hold no obligation to the readers. They can write what they want, people are allowed to have tastes.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
Maybe they enjoyed it secretly, but want to keep you off their trail by giving it a bad review because others have, because they just want to fit in :cry:
blakout3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 blakout3
Member since 2005 • 985 Posts

Hoobinator

Hmmm,black and white. Kinda like the Live song, "Beauty of gray", right?

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hoobinator
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

blakout3

Hmmm,black and white. Kinda like the Live song, "Beauty of gray", right?

Yeah, pretty much. With people like them everything seems to be either a 1.0 or a 10.0, depending purely on whether they enjoyed it or had a laugh. If only I could look at the world through such eyes.