Klondike Sugar Free Ice Cream Sandwiches: Too good to be true?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I bought a box of these ice cream sandwiches from my local supermarket, because the nutritional information caught my attention as I was browsing through the various types of ice cream. One bar has a mere 3g of sugar. Is there more to this than meets the eye? Is this too good to be true?

I noticed that it says that each bar also contains 5g of sugar alcohol? Is this the catch?

Click on the images to enlarge them.

5o9z.jpg

5o9z.jpg

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Klondike bars suck.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts
Klondike bars suck.sammyjenkis898
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

wonder how many people will buy these in mass, in an attempt to get drunk.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Klondike bars suck.Wolfetan

What article?

EDIT: I can't believe I got fooled by your sig. :x 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Klondike bars suck.Wolfetan

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 ChiefvsGordon
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

sugar alcohols are like the natural sugars in fruits. they put them in sugar free gum too, to sweeten it. its in a way similar to an artificial sweetener just not as bad...as long as you don't have a lot. i noticed them in my protein bars as well not to long ago. 

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BluRayHiDef

sugar alcohols are like the natural sugars in fruits. they put them in sugar free gum too, to sweeten it. its in a way similar to an artificial sweetener just not as bad...as long as you don't have a lot. i noticed them in my protein bars as well not to long ago. 

ChiefvsGordon

I had seven of those ice cream sandwiches yesterday, and three the evening before that.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Relevant:

[spoiler] klondike.jpg [/spoiler]

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChiefvsGordon

[QUOTE="ChiefvsGordon"]

BluRayHiDef

I had seven of those ice cream sandwiches yesterday, and three the evening before that.

damn lol. well the bars are pretty low dosages of it but still i wouldn't recommend having your diet consist of ice cream bars. i think the most common side effect when you eat too much sugar alcohols is stomach related issues(bloating, gas, poops), hence why body builders stink, the protein powder has a lot. they just let em rip on the machines haha. 

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="ChiefvsGordon"]

ChiefvsGordon

damn lol. well the bars are pretty low dosages of it but still i wouldn't recommend having your diet consist of ice cream bars. i think the most common side effect when you eat too much sugar alcohols is stomach related issues(bloating, gas, poops), hence why body builders stink, the protein powder has a lot. they just let em rip on the machines haha. 

Well, I'm trying to gain weight that I lost during July and August. I weighed 148 LBs and currently weigh 140 LBs. I aim to eat ~2400 calories per day. I eat a hero sandwich for breakfast (400 cals), pasta with shredded chicken for lunch (700 cals), another sandwich with more pasta and shredded chicken for dinner (800 cals), and throuhout the day I'll throw in some soft drinks and ice cream for the additional calories. 

This is how I look at the moment.

5r93.png

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

[QUOTE="ChiefvsGordon"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

Well, I'm trying to gain weight that I lost during July and August. I weighed 148 LBs and currently weigh 140 LBs. I aim to eat ~2400 calories per day. I eat a hero sandwich for breakfast (400 cals), pasta wich shredded chicken for lunch (700 cals), another sandwich with more pasta and shredded chicken for dinner (800 cals), and throuhout the day I'll throw in some soft drinks and ice cream for the additional calories. 

5r93.png

Damn I wish I could look that ripped. :cry:

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Damn Gamespot, I can't post anything anymore without having to reload the page afer getting a "BONK"...... :twisted:

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="ChiefvsGordon"]

TwistedShade

Well, I'm trying to gain weight that I lost during July and August. I weighed 148 LBs and currently weigh 140 LBs. I aim to eat ~2400 calories per day. I eat a hero sandwich for breakfast (400 cals), pasta wich shredded chicken for lunch (700 cals), another sandwich with more pasta and shredded chicken for dinner (800 cals), and throuhout the day I'll throw in some soft drinks and ice cream for the additional calories. 

5r93.png

Blame genetics. I don't even have to work out to look like this, though I have been so that I can get bigger again.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Fvck that
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BluRayHiDef

Damn Gamespot, I can't post anything anymore without having to reload the page afer getting a "BONK"...... :twisted:

TwistedShade

I'm having the same problem. :(

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
>Aspartame hmmmmm
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

[QUOTE="ChiefvsGordon"]

BluRayHiDef

You had seven? Seriously? I always hear nutritionists saying people can overindulge in those diet products but I never thought people can be this stupid, no offense.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="ChiefvsGordon"]

GazaAli

You had seven? Seriously? I always hear nutritionists saying people can overindulge in those diet products but I never thought people can be this stupid, no offense.

It would be stupid if I had a slow metabolism and a likelyhood of becoming diabetic, but neither is the case. I've been eating like this for years. 

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChiefvsGordon

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

5r93.png

BluRayHiDef

Blame genetics. I don't even have to work out to look like this, though I have been so that I can get bigger again.

i used to look like that at 145 when i wrestled. i bulked and never really cut. lost all my abs but my arms shoulders and everything else look better. im at 190 now. i wouldnt bulk on ice cream sandwiches, unless they are really cheap lol. stick to your chicken and whole foods. i made my own big bag of trail mix that i would keep in my school bag and eat that through out the day, consisting of mostly nuts. hey but to each his own, if its working keep at it. as long as your working out those sugar alcohols wont be that much of a problem. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Lol, aspartame in ice cream.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]Damn I wish I could look that ripped. :cry:

ChiefvsGordon

i used to look like that at 145 when i wrestled. i bulked and never really cut. lost all my abs but my arms shoulders and everything else look better. im at 190 now. i wouldnt bulk on ice cream sandwiches, unless they are really cheap lol. stick to your chicken and whole foods. i made my own big bag of trail mix that i would keep in my school bag and eat that through out the day, consisting of mostly nuts. hey but to each his own, if its working keep at it. as long as your working out those sugar alcohols wont be that much of a problem. 

You're not ever going to cut?

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChiefvsGordon

[QUOTE="ChiefvsGordon"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

You're not ever going to cut?

well i bulked slow, with workouts. so i just look average build now, with huge traps an toned arms. i just lost all definition in my abdominals so it wasnt that bad, it is really hard for me to get abs. its not that i cant do it but with my current schedule, its not even worth trying since i cant dedicate myself to it.i didn't add enough info in previous post, i bulked from aout 170ish which is where my body would stay at naturally. i cut to 145lbs for wrestling. im also about 6'1" so i think this weight is ok, i would like add maybe 10 more pounds tho.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]>Aspartame hmmmmm

This. Aspartame is what keeps those calories so low.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#25 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
It says "no sugar added". Technically would be true, except they didn't tell you that they use Aspartame.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
Klondike bars suck.sammyjenkis898
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

I had sex with an ugly chick for a klondike bar.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

I noticed that it says that each bar also contains 5g of sugar alcohol? Is this the catch?

BluRayHiDef

Yes, the sugar alcohol IS the catch.

Sugar Alcohol Side Effects

Stomach Problems: Since sugar alcohols are not completely absorbed by the digestive system, excessive consumption of sugar alcohols can result in bloating, flatulence and diarrhea. Fermentation of sugar substitutes (as they are not completely absorbed) leads to digestive system problems. Nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, abdominal pain, diarrhea and dehydration are some of the common side effects of sorbitol. Erythritol does not cause any side effect because it is absorbed in the small intestine.

Buzzle

I had seven of those ice cream sandwiches yesterday, and three the evening before that.BluRayHiDef

Unless you're one of those people who are lucky enough to be immune to the side effects of sugar alcohols, you'll probably regret eating so many of those bars when they reach the other end of your alimentary canal.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

It would be stupid if I had a slow metabolism and a likelyhood of becoming diabetic, but neither is the case. I've been eating like this for years. 

Then why are you consuming sugar free ice cream :?
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] You had seven? Seriously? I always hear nutritionists saying people can overindulge in those diet products but I never thought people can be this stupid, no offense. GazaAli

Sugary foods cause me to breakout.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GazaAli

BluRayHiDef

Sugary foods cause me to breakout.

That is somehow a strange reason. To each his own though.
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

i made my own big bag of trail mix that i would keep in my school bag and eat that through out the day, consisting of mostly nuts. ChiefvsGordon

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="ChiefvsGordon"] i made my own big bag of trail mix that i would keep in my school bag and eat that through out the day, consisting of mostly nuts. Trail_Mix

I love this GIF. It's one of the best.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Probably taste likecrap

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Great, now I feel like having an ice-cream.:(

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Splenda has revolutionized allot of sugar free deserts, where in fact they can taste better than the original.

Have you tried Splenda Flavored Peeps? The fake sugar coating is worse than the original, but ***** is the marsh-mello center so ******ing good.

It's creamier & more vanilla than the original.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I don't think I've ever had the sugar free klondike bars. I've had the 100 calorie bars, no wonder there's only 100 calories, those things are quite small.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

BluRayHiDef

Metabolism may not have a huge impact on developing diabetes (infact in some populations it is suggested the BMR is actually higher in those with diabetes, possibly for the very same reason you think you are not at risk), so I would caution against using that as your measuring stick for macronutrient intake and distribution.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Splenda has revolutionized allot of sugar free deserts, where in fact they can taste better than the original.

Have you tried Splenda Flavored Peeps? The fake sugar coating is worse than the original, but ***** is the marsh-mello center so ******ing good.

It's creamier & more vanilla than the original.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
interesting it has alcohol
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

No sugar added is always a horrible idea. It will be bad. Gaurenteed.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shmiity

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shmiity

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
Sugar free = aspartame (which is much worse)Ackad
Not really...
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
No sugar added simply means exactly that. They have not added any sugar. But what they have added is fake sweeteners, which is the aspartame you see in the ingredients, along with the nonnutritive sweeteners, and in the end it probably would have been better for you to just eat the sugar than all the fake chemical sweeteners. Basically it's a neat and tidy way to sell products by the truckload to stupid people who are also fat or are trying to avoid becoming fat or who are buying into the "all the things are bad for you" health craze.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
You Americans and your processed, crappy food, it's funny.