Kids/dogs/cats/etc...in your neighbourhood/street...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

So, just asking...are kids in yourneighbourhood loud/annoyling/polite...

I have 3 grannys around me and a couple with 3 kids...1 still a kid and 2 grown ups. Pretty good situation there, everything is silent.

1 house away from me there is a young couple with 4 kids...and they are kinda spoiled. I remeber calling the police last summer. Why? 'cause they kept making loud annoying sounds after midnight...on a work day and I really need my 7 hours of sleep. Also, the parents are the one I can't really understand.

3 houses away...2 litle girls, that I'm pretty sure one day will get hit with a car.They are always playing on the road and...I don't want to be the one that does it.

And, C-A-T-S, CATS, I just hate 'em...Sorry if I ofended someone, but that is my opinion. They poop in my yard EVERY DAY.

Say condition that your neighbourhood is!

KeitekeTokage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KeitekeTokage
Member since 2011 • 770 Posts
I live in an apartment complex on my campus. The noise varies from time to time. When I used to live at home though, we lived out in the country, so it was very quiet and nice.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Well I just ignore/massacre/set them on fire. [spoiler] My neighbors keep to themselves [/spoiler]
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Blood curdling screaming children 24/7 365 days a year. I can hear them singing in the ****ing bath ffs. all they do is scream, every single one of them. makes me want to rip my hair out.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
My best friend has the best little golden retriever ever, Itplays and runs and is a great dog and hardly ever barks. If my friend pretends to punch/fight me his dog thinks we are really trying to kill and only then it barks.
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
Hardly any kids around here, lots of cats though but they keep to themselves really and stay out of our yard/garden. The house behind us has chickens, which can be a bit noisy at times, but they don't get on my nerves.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Cats s*** in your yard?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

I don't live in a neighbourhood, I live in a very rural area actually, so... *insert maniacal laughter here* But really it's very quiet out here so I don't have to worry about pesky people complaining when I want to kick up the volume on my guitar amp, and/or stereo.

Mega-Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mega-Mustaine
Member since 2010 • 2130 Posts

I tend to forget I have neighbors. They're that quiet.

Of course, however, there's my cousin's dog who is always roaming around the neighborhood and does his business on people's yard, but nothing really aggravatingly frustrating.

certifieddata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 certifieddata
Member since 2007 • 46096 Posts

I am the only person under thirtyin my neighbourhood, so thing are always quiet. In the twelve years I've lived here literally nothing out of the ordinary has happened, it's almost eerie.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Overlord93

I am the only person under thirtyin my neighbourhood, so thing are always quiet. In the twelve years I've lived here literally nothing out of the ordinary has happened, it's almost eerie.

certifieddata
Thats pretty sweet. I'm interested, do you think that had any impact on house price/rent?
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts
It's very quiet here. I like it that way
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I've got a quiet street. Houses around us have retired people, never make noise. A few kids live here, no problem. The only problem lies behind us. There's this hood with what we call gypsies. They turn on the music soooo loud, you can hear it from far. It's very rude, the people there are inpolite and just bastards.
certifieddata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 certifieddata
Member since 2007 • 46096 Posts

Thats pretty sweet. I'm interested, do you think that had any impact on house price/rent?Overlord93

I'd say it's the prices that had an impact, not many young families here because the areas housing prices are quite unforgiving so you mostly get older people who are more stable financially.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

certifieddata
I used to be the youngest one. But now new families have moved in here, old people have left. So there are some young kids around here, but they are calm and quiet... Besides it is not like you throw huge parties at the age 8.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Say condition that your neighbourhood is!

homeboylizard

Old timers.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Overlord93

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]Thats pretty sweet. I'm interested, do you think that had any impact on house price/rent?certifieddata

I'd say it's the prices that had an impact, not many young families here because the areas housing prices are quite unforgiving so you mostly get older people who are more stable financially.

Oh yes, makes sense.
HexedPelican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HexedPelican
Member since 2011 • 590 Posts
My neighborhood is not that loud luckily.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8842 Posts
I used to have these neighbor's kids who scream a lot while playing in the pool, but lately, i don't hear that anymore. They must have grown up. Then i have these other kids who a few weeks ago kept throwing their ball on my garage, made my parents pretty irritated. This other girl at least a few times would ride her bike around my front lawn, i told her to stop, and she's like, "Uhhh, no..." I find that irritating.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

Our next door neighbour has about 8 billion kids that wake up at 5 or 6 am and go to the backyard and shout and scream... It ALWAYS wakes me up early and basically undoes any sleep I got all night. :/

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8842 Posts

Our next door neighbour has about 8 billion kids that wake up at 5 or 6 am and go to the backyard and shout and scream... It ALWAYS wakes me up early and basically undoes any sleep I got all night. :/

DigitalExile
Couldn't you call the cops and complain?
TheNewEraIcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 TheNewEraIcon
Member since 2009 • 12196 Posts

There aren't any kids around here at all, and barely any dogs or cats seeing as I live in Queens, New York. So It's nice and quiet/ peaceful 8)

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

[QUOTE="DigitalExile"]

hydralisk86

Couldn't you call the cops and complain?

Ever been a part of neighbourhood disputes before? Things will only get worse and I doubt calling the cops on screaming kids (who are playing) is going to get anything done. They'll just get up the next morning and do it again. =/

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

YES.

One of my neighbours has 2 kids who are screaming/squealing/yelling occassionally and their parents are fighting every once in a while.

My other neighbour has 2 dogs on the roof of the apartment building and they bark when they hear any sound.

And those are only the neighbours that annoy me with their pets and children. I have others who are annoying without the "help" of pets or children.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Nice and peaceful.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

For years, the kids in my neighborhood (old neighborhood) made a lot of noise and played outside. Now they all sit around inside... Me and my brother are a few of the only people who still do a lot outside (that's unrelated to lawn work).

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

Cats s*** in your yard?

Palantas
Yes, sadly...they do...a lot!
Domobomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Domobomb
Member since 2004 • 1914 Posts

I'd have to say my house is the most annoying in the neighbourhood. Loud cars... :?