Just as the Iraq war was ending it looks like we have a new one coming.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Galantina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Galantina
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aN47FIS3L2Pk&refer=europe

With Iran defying the UN and America revealing there plans about what they would do if war broke out then I think its fairly safe to say that war is inevitable.
How are America going to fight two wars at a time? there struggling as it is with Iraq nevermind throwing Iran into it all.

nobodyshero87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nobodyshero87
Member since 2006 • 22210 Posts
there will most likely be a draft to fill our needs in the miltary
Lilpeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lilpeto
Member since 2004 • 51 Posts
Haha...that's interesting about the draft.  My psychology professor told me of a friend of his in college, that was also a Psychology major.  Apparently, they train these students in hypnosis, and this guy could actually tap on his leg twice with his finger, and use his hypnosis to make his blood pressure spike.  So during his medical evaluation before entrance to the draft, he did it, and received a 4F, which is a medical inconsistency, allowing him to be free from the draft.  Pretty cool, even though he should have served his country.    
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

There's no way our country would tolerate another war with any nation at this time.  There would be a revolt if we went to war with Iran.

It's much more likely that Russia will return to its pre cold war stance now that they are debt free and led by a KGB official and invade western europe than it would be that the US would invade Iran.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
there will most likely be a draft to fill our needs in the miltarynobodyshero87
That'll work on one condition: We actually know why we're fighting. The real truth. This isn't the 60s anymore, the world's common sense has rose quite a bit since we realized what our governments and cohorts have been doing to us. It's probable to happen, but not if the good guys step up to the plate. I think fear is a part of their hesitation, really.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Haha...that's interesting about the draft.  My psychology professor told me of a friend of his in college, that was also a Psychology major.  Apparently, they train these students in hypnosis, and this guy could actually tap on his leg twice with his finger, and use his hypnosis to make his blood pressure spike.  So during his medical evaluation before entrance to the draft, he did it, and received a 4F, which is a medical inconsistency, allowing him to be free from the draft.  Pretty cool, even though he should have served his country.    Lilpeto
Really....what this professor's name, if you don't mind?
Manningfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Manningfan10
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
ya because we just sent like 2000 troops so it must be far from over or it could be in one huge attack and then we win
daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 daniel52587
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
They wont struggle when they throw in the draft. Hopefully after the election, all these problems will fade away. If not, I am getting the hell out of here.
Galantina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Galantina

There's no way our country would tolerate another war with any nation at this time. There would be a revolt if we went to war with Iran.

It's much more likely that Russia will return to its pre cold war stance now that they are debt free and led by a KGB official and invade western europe than it would be that the US would invade Iran.

sonicare
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6376639.stm that report there proves you wrong, if America would never go to war then why do they have battle plans?
sped_ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sped_ed
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts
They wont struggle when they throw in the draft. Hopefully after the election, all these problems will fade away. If not, I am getting the hell out of here.daniel52587
The democraps won't fix anything, just make it worse: same thing goes for the republican'ts if another one gets elected.
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicare"]

There's no way our country would tolerate another war with any nation at this time. There would be a revolt if we went to war with Iran.

Galantina
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6376639.stm that report there proves you wrong, if America would never go to war then why do they have battle plans?

In case they are needed? It always pays to be prepared.
EDIT: heck, they probably have battle plans for England, and Canada as well, if they occasion ever arise, they'll be ready.
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
Iran has been a likely US target for a long time now. An Iranian war also seems more likely now that North Korea have temporarily come to their senses.
Snake-Drinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Snake-Drinker
Member since 2005 • 5139 Posts
[QUOTE="Galantina"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

andyxm

EDIT: heck, they probably have battle plans for England, and Canada as well, if they occasion ever arise, they'll be ready.

Canada shouldn't be too hard :lol:
jm4847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 jm4847
Member since 2006 • 3535 Posts
Haha...that's interesting about the draft.  My psychology professor told me of a friend of his in college, that was also a Psychology major.  Apparently, they train these students in hypnosis, and this guy could actually tap on his leg twice with his finger, and use his hypnosis to make his blood pressure spike.  So during his medical evaluation before entrance to the draft, he did it, and received a 4F, which is a medical inconsistency, allowing him to be free from the draft.  Pretty cool, even though he should have served his country.    Lilpeto
Why? Who does people act like their country owns them? I say, if you don't want to serve, don't. Me, personally, would never go to war for no country.
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts
[QUOTE="andyxm"][QUOTE="Galantina"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

Snake-Drinker

I really wish i could disagree with you. But your right....sadly
acegunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 acegunslinger
Member since 2004 • 1223 Posts
Meh, the main problem is Iran's president (can't remember his name) who has been taking such an antagonistic stance with his foreign policy. However, his popular support at home is beginning to wane since Iranians are upset by his focus on defying the world, rather than fulfilling his promises of domestic reform. If he's voted out of office, which is pretty likely, than the tension will definitely go down.
sped_ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sped_ed
I say anytime government bueracrats want to go to war we have a politician deathmatch. Put them in an arena with nothing at all, the one who walks away alive is the winner; then we'll see how much these fluckers like war.
Galantina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Galantina
[QUOTE="andyxm"][QUOTE="Galantina"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

Snake-Drinker

haha i actually LOL'd at that. I doubt they have plans for us English, i mean c'mon look at our leader! if we declared war on USA your president would just say, erm hey tony could you not do that please, and he would be like oh im terribly sorry george here let me run you a bath.
Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#20 Hiddai
Member since 2004 • 6117 Posts
Meh, the main problem is Iran's president (can't remember his name) who has been taking such an antagonistic stance with his foreign policy. However, his popular support at home is beginning to wane since Iranians are upset by his focus on defying the world, rather than fulfilling his promises of domestic reform. If he's voted out of office, which is pretty likely, than the tension will definitely go down.acegunslinger
In a incident of war USA will kick Iran's as* even though it'll be a bit hard for them cuz Iran have lots of soldiers to fight with but then if there'll be a war Iran will bomb us (Israel) too and then we'll have to enter the "battle zone" and that mean this war will be probably the worse war we ever had in the middle east...
Snake-Drinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Snake-Drinker
[QUOTE="Snake-Drinker"][QUOTE="andyxm"][QUOTE="Galantina"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

Galantina

haha i actually LOL'd at that. I doubt they have plans for us English, i mean c'mon look at our leader! if we declared war on USA your president would just say, erm hey tony could you not do that please, and he would be like oh im terribly sorry george here let me run you a bath.

But if they did invade, John Prescott would scare them off, or we could set the chavs on them.
snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aN47FIS3L2Pk&refer=europe

With Iran defying the UN and America revealing there plans about what they would do if war broke out then I think its fairly safe to say that war is inevitable.
How are America going to fight two wars at a time? there struggling as it is with Iraq nevermind throwing Iran into it all.

Galantina

A couple of things...

First off a military draft is extremely unlikely.  If I'm not mistaken the President can request one to be enstated, however, it's completely up to congress.  As congress sits right now....no draft.

Secord, Iran is a fully organized, well trained and modern standing army.  Regardless of any nuclear abilities they MIGHT have, their army alone is far more potent than any military we have faced in a LONG time.  Its not strategically logical to attack as majority unified modern militarized county like Iran.

Snake-Drinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Snake-Drinker

[QUOTE="Galantina"]http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aN47FIS3L2Pk&refer=europe

snackdaddy

A couple of things...

First of a military draft is extremely unlikely. If I'm not mistaken the President can request one to be enstated, however, it's completely up to congress. As congress sits right now....no draft.

Secord, Iran is a fully organized, well trained and modern standing army. Regardless of any nuclear abilities they MIGHT have, their army alone is far more potent than any military we have faced in a LONG time. Its not strategically logical to attack as majority unified modern militarized county like Iran.

Its much safer to strike countries that can't fight back, like Iraq.
daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 daniel52587
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
[QUOTE="daniel52587"]They wont struggle when they throw in the draft. Hopefully after the election, all these problems will fade away. If not, I am getting the hell out of here.sped_ed
The democraps won't fix anything, just make it worse: same thing goes for the republican'ts if another one gets elected.

I trust democrats over republicans. Regardless, if things dont get better. I am getting the hell out.
Galantina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Galantina
[QUOTE="Galantina"][QUOTE="Snake-Drinker"][QUOTE="andyxm"][QUOTE="Galantina"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

Snake-Drinker

But if they did invade, John Prescott would scare them off, or we could set the chavs on them.

haha hell yeah! we should get rid of our army, put the money to better use, just give the chavs a few nukes and that would be it, we would be the worlds only super power, every other country wouldnt even dare to stare at us wrongly.
slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts
The Iraq war is ending?
sped_ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sped_ed
[QUOTE="sped_ed"][QUOTE="daniel52587"]They wont struggle when they throw in the draft. Hopefully after the election, all these problems will fade away. If not, I am getting the hell out of here.daniel52587

I trust democrats over republicans. Regardless, if things dont get better. I am getting the hell out.

I don't trust either party,at all, they're both flucked.
Galantina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Galantina
[QUOTE="snackdaddy"]

[QUOTE="Galantina"]http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aN47FIS3L2Pk&refer=europe

Snake-Drinker

A couple of things...

First of a military draft is extremely unlikely. If I'm not mistaken the President can request one to be enstated, however, it's completely up to congress. As congress sits right now....no draft.

Secord, Iran is a fully organized, well trained and modern standing army. Regardless of any nuclear abilities they MIGHT have, their army alone is far more potent than any military we have faced in a LONG time. Its not strategically logical to attack as majority unified modern militarized county like Iran.

you say they cant fight back, but they are getting stronger as time goes on, 6 british helicopters have been shot down in the past month by rocket propelled grenades, we didnt have this problem at the beginnig of the war.
Snake-Drinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Snake-Drinker
[QUOTE="Snake-Drinker"][QUOTE="snackdaddy"]

Galantina

A couple of things...

you say they cant fight back, but they are getting stronger as time goes on, 6 british helicopters have been shot down in the past month by rocket propelled grenades, we didnt have this problem at the beginnig of the war.

These are insurgents, not the Iraqi army. They were fairly crap when we invaded. Its just that the morons who planned the conflict didn't plan for the aftermath. I think the war was wrong, but if there must be war, can they not think it out properly first?
AlexandriaZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 AlexandriaZ
Member since 2002 • 25107 Posts
You realize this "war" could be done from far away like the bosnian war under clinton.

In fact we don't need to lift a damn finger because israel will take the initiative and do it themselves if we do nothing.
Snake-Drinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Snake-Drinker
Don't get me started on Israel. Why can't they leave the Palestinians alone?
snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts
[QUOTE="Snake-Drinker"][QUOTE="snackdaddy"]

Galantina

A couple of things...

Despite an increase in attacks on our forces it is still absolutely NOTHING compared to what Iran would show us.  Iraq is split into far too many militia groups, religious zealots groups, etc... to actually physically FORCE troops to withdraw.  As terrible as it is to loss our guys over there it's not a war in the sense that Iran would be a war.

Snake-Drinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Snake-Drinker
Doesn't Iran have fighter jets? A war with Iran would be a war, a proper war where we lose massive numbers. And if they have nukes, then the UK is well within range.
zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
America lost the war to Iraq, i'm sure it would be extremely difficult to cope with Iran.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
The US can't afford to start another war, and Iran knows it.
zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
America lost the war to Iraq, i'm sure it would be extremely difficult to cope with Iran.
nobodyshero87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nobodyshero87
Member since 2006 • 22210 Posts
[QUOTE="nobodyshero87"]there will most likely be a draft to fill our needs in the miltaryBranKetra
That'll work on one condition: We actually know why we're fighting. The real truth. This isn't the 60s anymore, the world's common sense has rose quite a bit since we realized what our governments and cohorts have been doing to us. It's probable to happen, but not if the good guys step up to the plate. I think fear is a part of their hesitation, really.

thats true but our government will never tell us the real truth they will most likely only tell us what we want to hear.
Snake-Drinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Snake-Drinker
A war in Iran would be disastrous, but I don't think that they would ever strike first. Despite their strength, the combined armed forces of Britain and the US would win. Starting a war would be worse for them than for us, so unless Mr Bush and his Labour party lapdog are stupid enough to strike first, there won't be a war.
logansdabest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 logansdabest
Member since 2005 • 4309 Posts

2009- Iran drops atomic bomb.

Iran to US- "Haha we destroyed one of your cities beotch"

2009- US deploys 1500 nuclear missiles

US to nonexistent Iran- "Haha we destroyed your whole fuc*ing country beotch"

sped_ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sped_ed
America lost the war to Iraq, i'm sure it would be extremely difficult to cope with Iran.zsc4
No the U.S. won the Iraq war. Now they are just fighting with the all people who don't want them there.
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
I enjoy reading how everyone thinks the US wants to attack Iran, when in reality, it's over 50 countries including those in the UN, among other security councils, who are suggesting sanctions. Imposing sanctions on a country does in no way shape or form mean war is iminant.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

[QUOTE="sped_ed"][QUOTE="daniel52587"]They wont struggle when they throw in the draft. Hopefully after the election, all these problems will fade away. If not, I am getting the hell out of here.daniel52587

politicians are all the same,not matter what party they are in.

SAURON221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SAURON221
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts

The thing with Iraq is that were not really fighting were more like acting like police there. With Iran we will most likely go all out on them and to say if we did we would most likely crush them.

ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
there will most likely be a draft to fill our needs in the miltarynobodyshero87
in case you didnt hear, the democrats took back the legislative branch last fall. there will be no draft anytime soon. i doubt there would be one no matter who was in control.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38668 Posts
[QUOTE="Galantina"][QUOTE="Snake-Drinker"][QUOTE="snackdaddy"]

snackdaddy

A couple of things...

Despite an increase in attacks on our forces it is still absolutely NOTHING compared to what Iran would show us. Iraq is split into far too many militia groups, religious zealots groups, etc... to actually physically FORCE troops to withdraw. As terrible as it is to loss our guys over there it's not a war in the sense that Iran would be a war.

actually iraq's army was no slouch either at the start of the war either... but a direct invasion would only occur after prolonged airstrikes
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
[QUOTE="nobodyshero87"]there will most likely be a draft to fill our needs in the miltaryROLFCHANK
in case you didnt hear, the democrats took back the legislative branch last fall. there will be no draft anytime soon. i doubt there would be one no matter who was in control.

Wrong. It's the Democrats that started up the draft talks in the first place.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
[QUOTE="snackdaddy"][QUOTE="Galantina"][QUOTE="Snake-Drinker"][QUOTE="snackdaddy"]

comp_atkins

A couple of things...

Despite an increase in attacks on our forces it is still absolutely NOTHING compared to what Iran would show us. Iraq is split into far too many militia groups, religious zealots groups, etc... to actually physically FORCE troops to withdraw. As terrible as it is to loss our guys over there it's not a war in the sense that Iran would be a war.

actually iraq's army was no slouch either at the start of the war either... but a direct invasion would only occur after prolonged airstrikes

Airstrikes are not an option since Iran has air defense all over their country...they also have a huge amount of fighter jets.......the US would most likley loose to Iran

g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
I enjoy reading how everyone thinks the US wants to attack Iran, when in reality, it's over 50 countries including those in the UN, among other security councils, who are suggesting sanctions. Imposing sanctions on a country does in no way shape or form mean war is iminant.
LukeAF24
Indeed, and these so called battle plans are probably by no means a full fledged invasion (i haven't read anything about them so i could be wrong) and there is a huge difference between strategic air strikes and an invasion. I actually think that Israel might get trigger happy and nuke Iran if things continue they way they are now.
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts
I see threads on this everyday and I say the same thing; it isn't going to happen. We don't have nearly enough forces or support in our own country or in the international community for a ground invasion. By "not nearly enough", I mean not even close. If anything is going to happen there will be a surgical air-strike against their nuclear facilities but I highly doubt that will even occur. Besides, Iran is years away from obtaining nuclear weapons and everybody has seen how naive nation-building is. That's not to mention the fact that the most conservative estimates say it will take several years for our army to refit, retrain, and rearm from the current wars.
Galantina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Galantina

2009- Iran drops atomic bomb.

Iran to US- "Haha we destroyed one of your cities beotch"

2009- US deploys 1500 nuclear missiles

US to nonexistent Iran- "Haha we destroyed your whole fuc*ing country beotch"

logansdabest

lmao!!!! i think it would take far less then 1500 nukes to wipe out Iran, but yes i see your point. but what if Iran have more than 1?