Judge Napolitano nails everything wrong with American Politics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Judge Napolitano: What if elections were useful tools for social control? What if they just provided the populous with meaningless participation in a process that validates an establishment that never mean fully changes?

Unfortunately, he converges into a pseudo-Ron Paul endorsement which in some manner contradicts the first part of his speech, but for the most part everything he says about the two party voting system are spot on. What are your thoughts on the first part of his rant?

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Typical Fox News paranoia pandering. That said, they are right, the two party system is fundamentally flawed and for anyone except the top 0.1% of income earners in the country political participation is meaningless.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Of course it's flawed. The whole party system is flawed! There was never supposed ot be party system in the vein of the one that exists today. Hell, the founding fathers warned against it. I like Judge, in fact he's about the only thing I like about Fox News.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts
First thought: If I have to hear him say "What If" one more time, my head will start to spin. Humanity is flawed, therefore all our creations and endeavors will be, to some extent, imperfect. The Winner Takes All election/govt system in this country drives us to a two party system. Ultimately the people do have the power to fire their govt. What they lack is the will.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

First thought: If I have to hear him say "What If" one more time, my head will start to spin. Humanity is flawed, therefore all our creations and endeavors will be, to some extent, imperfect. The Winner Takes All election/govt system in this country drives us to a two party system. Ultimately the people do have the power to fire their govt. What they lack is the will.collegeboy64
how exactly would we do that? unless we can convince the citizens (excluding politicians), police, military, and other normal citizens to not listen to the government, i don't see how we could do what you said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts

[QUOTE="collegeboy64"]First thought: If I have to hear him say "What If" one more time, my head will start to spin. Humanity is flawed, therefore all our creations and endeavors will be, to some extent, imperfect. The Winner Takes All election/govt system in this country drives us to a two party system. Ultimately the people do have the power to fire their govt. What they lack is the will.needled24-7

how exactly would we do that? unless we can convince the citizens (excluding politicians), police, military, and other normal citizens to not listen to the government, i don't see how we could do what you said.

Its called getting politically involved. Putting some effort in to making a difference. The people still have the power of the vote. If they choose to use it to fundamentally change the government, it can be done. I have no expectation we will.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="collegeboy64"]First thought: If I have to hear him say "What If" one more time, my head will start to spin. Humanity is flawed, therefore all our creations and endeavors will be, to some extent, imperfect. The Winner Takes All election/govt system in this country drives us to a two party system. Ultimately the people do have the power to fire their govt. What they lack is the will.collegeboy64

Its called getting politically involved. Putting some effort in to making a difference. The people still have the power of the vote. If they choose to use it to fundamentally change the government, it can be done. I have no expectation we will.

but nothing will change with the candidates there are now. besides, even if we did elect someone that will work for the average citizen, it takes more than 1 man. i think we would have to replace all the senators and house members.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

[QUOTE="collegeboy64"][QUOTE="needled24-7"]how exactly would we do that? unless we can convince the citizens (excluding politicians), police, military, and other normal citizens to not listen to the government, i don't see how we could do what you said.

needled24-7

but nothing will change with the candidates there are now. besides, even if we did elect someone that will work for the average citizen, it takes more than 1 man. i think we would have to replace all the senators and house members.

"Nothing will change with the candidates there are now" is a pretty subjective statement. Whether or not you like Ron Paul policies, I don't think anyone could argue that "nothingwill change" with him in office.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="collegeboy64"] Its called getting politically involved. Putting some effort in to making a difference. The people still have the power of the vote. If they choose to use it to fundamentally change the government, it can be done. I have no expectation we will.jamejame

"Nothing will change with the candidates there are now" is a pretty subjective statement. Whether or not you like Ron Paul policies, I don't think anyone could argue that "nothingwill change" with him in office.

i was actually thinking about putting in an "excluding ron paul" in there :P but i didn't.

BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts

Judge Napolitano: What if elections were useful tools for social control? What if they just provided the populous with meaningless participation in a process that validates an establishment that never mean fully changes?

Unfortunately, he converges into a pseudo-Ron Paul endorsement which in some manner contradicts the first part of his speech, but for the most part everything he says about the two party voting system are spot on. What are your thoughts on the first part of his rant?

Blue-Sky

You do know that the "he" you are referring to is actually a "she"? Or are you referring to a guy doing an interview or something. Confusingly worded.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
he's 100% right. republican, democrat, its all an illusion for the most part. both parties are sponsored by the same big banks and corporations that pull all the strings behind closed doors. look what happend to JFK, the last true american hero who tried to change this
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mingmao3046
[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

BrianB0422
You do know that the "he" you are referring to is actually a "she"?

_R34LiTY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _R34LiTY_
Member since 2008 • 3331 Posts

Saw that a while back and immediately thought that it didn't seem genuine. I say that mostly because of how Fox News reacts when this kind of talk/speculation is coming out of the mouths of their guest whom they usually tend to scrutinize and somewhat defamise their character when saying the same as Napolitano said in that news piece. Napolitano has actually been presenting to his viewers for the past few months the very same "conspiracy theories" that Fox News and it's anchors laugh at, quick to cut to a commercial break or cutting this or that person's mic, but I wonder why Fox News doesn't react like this with the judge.

Maybe it's to appear like Fox News is aware of the real root of the problems facing this nation while still displaying their ignorant pompous character. I just can't put my finger on it...

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mingmao3046

Saw that a while back and immediately thought that it didn't seem genuine. I say that mostly because of how Fox News reacts when this kind of talk/speculation is coming out of the mouths of their guest whom they usually tend to scrutinize and somewhat defamise their character when saying the same as Napolitano said in that news piece. Napolitano has actually been presenting to his viewers for the past few months the very same "conspiracy theories" that Fox News and it's anchors laugh at, quick to cut to a commercial break or cutting this or that person's mic, but I wonder why Fox News doesn't react like this with the judge.

Maybe it's to appear like Fox News is aware of the real root of the problems facing this nation while still displaying their ignorant pompous character. I just can't put my finger on it...

_R34LiTY_
the judge definitely isn't your typical fox news guy...he isn't even on the normal "fox news" but rather "fox business" a much less popular channel.
TheWZRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheWZRD
Member since 2012 • 605 Posts

Love this guy. At least he understands and exposes the corrupted. Ron Paul 2012 :D