John wick - The greatest movie trilogy of all time

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10543 posts) -

Hello friends,

After watching these 3 movies. i can simply say this is by far best movie ever made in hollywood history or any kind of cinema. and all 3 movies are a masterpiece while First one is best of 3.

John wick imo is Max payne equivalant of hollywood. a one man war against entire mafia, revenge, crime, noire. its fantastic. and simply badass.

anyone else think this is best movie trilogy of all time? lets discuss

Avatar image for crimsonbrute
#2 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25450 posts) -

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd8TYr_G4B_-rUKvp8dS5zkQmmU9KlNxXOdf895khPlyKRknwl

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#3 Posted by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -

i can simply say this is by far best movie ever made in hollywood history or any kind of cinema

So you like it then?

Avatar image for DEVILinIRON
#4 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4976 posts) -

I disagree.

Avatar image for Arkhalipso
#5 Edited by Arkhalipso (2397 posts) -

I get the feeling that you just like seing people get killed. It's all about shooters and gunplay to you. Maybe you should broaden your horizons a little ghost.

Avatar image for warmblur
#6 Edited by warmblur (2979 posts) -

I need to see 3 soon looks like it will be on demand next week.

Avatar image for livingdeadman
#7 Posted by livingdeadman (368 posts) -

I slept throughout the story of part two, but the action scenes woke me up and I watched those. And I actually enjoy story and drama, I was just very tired.

Avatar image for hallenbeck77
#8 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15796 posts) -

Got bored of trolling System Wars, huh?

Avatar image for thereal25
#9 Posted by thereal25 (1828 posts) -

Oh hell no!

two that come to mind that would be easily better would be the matrix trilogy or the Blade trilogy.

Avatar image for vfighter
#10 Posted by VFighter (5231 posts) -

@thereal25: Blade 3 sucked though so that's right of contention.

As for this thread, I love the first John Wick, but best trilogy ever...bwahahaha, your opinions on EVERYTHING sucks, dear lord start a shitty blog nobody will read.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#11 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1784 posts) -

@thereal25 said:

Oh hell no!

two that come to mind that would be easily better would be the matrix trilogy or the Blade trilogy.

I've only seen the first John Wick (which was meh), but I'm going to agree with you anyway. Matrix trilogy is better and is the one most people will rightfully remember him for many years from now.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#12 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10543 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:
@thereal25 said:

Oh hell no!

two that come to mind that would be easily better would be the matrix trilogy or the Blade trilogy.

I've only seen the first John Wick (which was meh), but I'm going to agree with you anyway. Matrix trilogy is better and is the one most people will rightfully remember him for many years from now.

Cant say about Matrix Trilogy but Original Matrix was amazing. too bad its sequels just suck

athough im glad Matrix 4 coming as starting Keannu Reeves instead of reboot.

Another Excellent trilogy is Dark Knight trilogy. although didnot liked rises as much as begins and dark knight.

Avatar image for johnd13
#13 Posted by johnd13 (9786 posts) -

I've only seen John Wick 1 and 3. The action is great and Keannu Reeves is fantastic but no way in hell is it the greatest movie trilogy.

Avatar image for PernicioEnigma
#14 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6119 posts) -

I got about an hour into the first before stopping out of boredom. It just got too silly.

Avatar image for one_plum
#15 Posted by one_plum (6566 posts) -

I only saw John Wick 3. Incredible fight choreography and action, but John Wick must have the most ridiculous plot armor of all time. I can overlook the ludicrous plot and setting where no semblance of law and order seem to exist in that world, but to have Wick survive or even not become crippled after all the punishment he took in just the third movie goes beyond the suspension of disbelief that I can tolerate.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#16 Posted by MirkoS77 (14460 posts) -

@one_plum said:

I only saw John Wick 3. Incredible fight choreography and action, but John Wick must have the most ridiculous plot armor of all time. I can overlook the ludicrous plot and setting where no semblance of law and order seem to exist in that world, but to have Wick survive or even not become crippled after all the punishment he took in just the third movie goes beyond the suspension of disbelief that I can tolerate.

I feel the same.

The first movie was great because it was more plausible. In the club scene John gets his ass handed to him by one dude and gets thrown down to the floor, which takes him out of the action. He was highly skilled, but vulnerable. In the sequels he's turned into Superman that racks up 100+ body counts per fight. Sometimes less is more which is why the first movie was so good. The new movies are simply too much and it becomes boring and predictable. All flash, no substance or risk.

Avatar image for thereal25
#17 Posted by thereal25 (1828 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@thereal25: Blade 3 sucked though so that's right of contention.

As for this thread, I love the first John Wick, but best trilogy ever...bwahahaha, your opinions on EVERYTHING sucks, dear lord start a shitty blog nobody will read.

Yup, blade 3 was slightly disappointing.

@ezekiel43 said:
@thereal25 said:

Oh hell no!

two that come to mind that would be easily better would be the matrix trilogy or the Blade trilogy.

I've only seen the first John Wick (which was meh), but I'm going to agree with you anyway. Matrix trilogy is better and is the one most people will rightfully remember him for many years from now.

I also felt the first John Wick was meh - and it's only downhill from there.

@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@thereal25 said:

Oh hell no!

two that come to mind that would be easily better would be the matrix trilogy or the Blade trilogy.

I've only seen the first John Wick (which was meh), but I'm going to agree with you anyway. Matrix trilogy is better and is the one most people will rightfully remember him for many years from now.

Cant say about Matrix Trilogy but Original Matrix was amazing. too bad its sequels just suck

athough im glad Matrix 4 coming as starting Keannu Reeves instead of reboot.

Another Excellent trilogy is Dark Knight trilogy. although didnot liked rises as much as begins and dark knight.

I agree that the original matrix movie was amazing (possibly my favorite movie of all time) but I wouldn't go as far as to say the sequels "sucked". Sure the narrative went downhill considerably but there were still some awesome and memorable set pieces.

... Dark knight trilogy - definitely up there - and agree that rises was inferior to the others.

@PernicioEnigma said:

I got about an hour into the first before stopping out of boredom. It just got too silly.

Lol, if that's the case, you don't wanna see the second. It takes silly to a whole new level.