DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Any thoughts on Joe Rogan calling black people apes? He also said they live in the Planet of the Apes. Seeing how this was said years ago and brought to attention by Alex Jones just recently do you think Joe Rogan should be forgiven? Or does it really matter?

I'm a bit bummed out. I enjoyed Joe Rogan's podcasts every so often. Just now I found another reference to minorities being apes by Rogan, a lot more recent too. All this can be found on YouTube... I feel let down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

Knowing Rogan that's a compliment of sorts.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I'll be honest I am sort of done holding people accountable to their past actions, to an extent.

Unless you murdered someone or did something bad like that, I really don't give a shit what you said 10 years ago. I regret shit I said yesterday all the time! Today, even! I think "Mr Bo., why did you say that? That is not who you are! You're better than that" and I respond to myself "You're right, self. Be better" and then I think "I will! Thanks for the pep talk, me"

@volsung said:

Yeah it will be interesting to say how the Court of Public Opinion handles this, and his reaction.

I imagine it's the person, and less so the offense, that actually matters to people on both sides. Joe Rogan could simply go "Hey, that's cool, I don't care." and people would be like "Hmm...OK" and there'd be nothing they could do. The guy is a non-actor, non-athlete celebrity, he doesn't need any sort of infrastructure to find work.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Did Joe Rogan and Alex Jones break-up?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#5 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Doesn't bother me too much. Definitely surprised though. We have all messed up in the past. It is what it is unfortunately. If he can admit it without defending himself then respect to him I guess. A lot of people find it hard to come to terms with racist remarks they've made I feel. Pretty messed up. Just my opinion though.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@SOedipus: lol. Yuppers. Alex Jones is in some kind of La La Land. I haven't heard him speak much, but from what I have heard the man is clearly insane.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

Any thoughts on Joe Rogan calling black people apes? He also said they live in the Planet of the Apes. Seeing how this was said years ago and brought to attention by Alex Jones just recently do you think Joe Rogan should be forgiven? Or does it really matter?

I'm a bit bummed out. I enjoyed Joe Rogan's podcasts every so often. Just now I found another reference to minorities being apes by Rogan, a lot more recent too. All this can be found on YouTube... I feel let down.

"They live in the Planet of the Apes" meaning what exactly?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DEVILinIRON

@Solaryellow: So Rogan was talking about him and some friends going to see the film Planet of the Apes. But they ended up in a black neighborhood. So Rogan says something about the blacks being apes and Rogan and co. had ended up in the real Planet of the Apes. This is not verbatim. It's easy to find on Youtube. I don't want to link it because I don't know if that would get modded.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

We all have pasts. It's amazing how unforgiving the far left is.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

So you have a link to the Rogan video? so a proper context and source can be viewed since both your post and Alex Jones seems to random.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DEVILinIRON

@Jacanuk:

https://youtu.be/J4bHDTRxJGI

I'm doing all this on my phone, as I am away from home. Cut me some slack plz.

Georgey128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Georgey128
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

ok, i havenot watched the 2 nd film but i spend sometime playing war of the apes on APKnite, the idea is great inmagine how amazing it would be when the apes take all the lead over human.

tonyskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tonyskywalker
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I'll be honest I am sort of done holding people accountable to their past actions, to an extent.

Unless you murdered someone or did something bad like that, I really don't give a shit what you said 10 years ago. I regret shit I said yesterday all the time! Today, even! I think "Mr Bo., why did you say that? That is not who you are! You're better than that" and I respond to myself "You're right, self. Be better" and then I think "I will! Thanks for the pep talk, me"

@volsung said:

Yeah it will be interesting to say how the Court of Public Opinion handles this, and his reaction.

I imagine it's the person, and less so the offense, that actually matters to people on both sides. Joe Rogan could simply go "Hey, that's cool, I don't care." and people would be like "Hmm...OK" and there'd be nothing they could do. The guy is a non-actor, non-athlete celebrity, he doesn't need any sort of infrastructure to find work.

I think that's a very intelligent and reasonable comment. As I got older I became much more forgiving, as you say there are many things I have done I regret, nobody is perfect and the whole purpose of progress is to allow people to IMPROVE. If we don't let anyone off the hook for anything they ever do, discussion is shut down and they don't learn (and perhaps, nor would we). I have not heard Rogan say such things but I have watched quite a few interviews of his and I find him rational and pretty balanced all things considered. Try googling how many Democrat politicians were past members of the KKK, or how virtually every single slave owner were Democrats, and I think it makes sense to allow forgiveness!