Jesus Christ - Sane?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hoop_hard
Member since 2005 • 20418 Posts

Was he crazy? I mean, we don't look highly apon people who say they are the son of God, in todays world. And obviously they didnt back then either because they killed him. Did he do this all for attention? Im sure he didnt think that he would be as popular as he is now. But I got to hand it to him, he did save us. Think about it, a world without Jesus Christ. What would the people who are afraid to die do? Some might go crazy themselves. On the other hand, Churches are more corrupt then ever and they are brain washing young children to a high degree. But this is just my opinion.

Grouchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Grouchu
Member since 2003 • 7118 Posts
There was no Jesus Christ.
hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hoop_hard

There was no Jesus Christ.Grouchu

umm, wanna clarify that a bit more?

NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NathanHawkins
Member since 2006 • 4470 Posts
The only point I'll interject is that the Church is by no means more corrupt today than ever before...not even close.
hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hoop_hard

The only point I'll interject is that the Church is by no means more corrupt today than ever before...not even close.NathanHawkins

Well, I don't exactly agree with that. Here let me give you an example of HIGH corruption.

JESUS CAMP

Does anybody see anything wrong with this? AND IF YOU DON'T, Please speak up. WHY?

Avitu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Avitu666
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts

Was he crazy? I mean, we don't look highly apon people who say they are the son of god, in todays world. And obviously they didnt back then either because they killed him. Did he do this all for attention? Im sure he didnt think that he would be as popular as he is now. But I got to hand it to him, he did save us. Think about it, a world without Jesus Christ. What would the people who are afraid to die do? Some might go crazy themselves. On the other hand, Churches are more corrupt then ever and they are brain washing young children to a high degree. But this is just my opinion.

hoop_hard

The real Jesus Christ never said he was the son of god. Messiah means "king of Israel" (they called David the Messiah too, in his days). Of course, this didn't sit well with the Romans so they crucified him (crucifixion also means, his revolutionary tendencies were pretty violent, because it was not really the punishment for your everyday thief/scoundrel/religious nutcase)

The first one to mention Jesus' Miracles was Paul...he was also the first one to state Jesus as the son of god.

So in all probability (sp.?), Jesus was a Rabbi who was tired of Roman Supremacy and the Hebrews' lack of understanding of the Talmud and who went on to preach revolution against Rome. So he was probably sane.

And "Saint" Paul...well...he's the big winner in the whole Jesus story, because he probably became rich AND powerful thanks to it.

Now of course, if this theory (which is the most popular one amongst historians) is wrong and he DID proclaim to be the son of god, then he was obiously insane.

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hoop_hard
[QUOTE="hoop_hard"]

Was he crazy? I mean, we don't look highly apon people who say they are the son of god, in todays world. And obviously they didnt back then either because they killed him. Did he do this all for attention? Im sure he didnt think that he would be as popular as he is now. But I got to hand it to him, he did save us. Think about it, a world without Jesus Christ. What would the people who are afraid to die do? Some might go crazy themselves. On the other hand, Churches are more corrupt then ever and they are brain washing young children to a high degree. But this is just my opinion.

Avitu666

The real Jesus Christ never said he was the son of god. Messiah means "king of Israel" (they called David the Messiah too, in his days). Of course, this didn't sit well with the Romans so they crucified him (crucifixion also means, his revolutionary tendencies were pretty violent, because it was not really the punishment for your everyday thief/scoundrel/religious nutcase)

The first one to mention Jesus' Miracles was Paul...he was also the first one to state Jesus as the son of god.

So in all probability (sp.?), Jesus was a Rabbi who was tired of Roman Supremacy and the Hebrews' lack of understanding of the Talmud and who went on to preach revolution against Rome. So he was probably sane.

And "Saint" Paul...well...he's the big winner in the whole Jesus story, because he probably became rich AND powerful thanks to it.

Now of course, if this theory (which is the most popular one amongst historians) is wrong and he DID proclaim to be the son of god, then he was obiously insane.

Can you please watch the Jesus Camp Trailor above and tell me what you think of it.

Avitu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Avitu666
[QUOTE="Avitu666"][QUOTE="hoop_hard"]

hoop_hard

Can you please watch the Jesus Camp Trailor above and tell me what you think of it.

I don't need to see the Jesus camp trailer...it talks about Baptists and I hate Baptists

And if you read it decently, you would have seen what I think about it.

If he didn't proclaim to be son of god: SANE.

If he did proclaim to be the son of god: DANGEROUSLY INSANE.

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hoop_hard

I know. I think you misread my post. Watch this

JESUS CAMP

and tell me what you think about it.

Avitu666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Avitu666

Yes, I did originally misread the post :-) My apologies.

I can't watch the trailer here at work, since streaming is blocked here :(

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hoop_hard
Well, when your at home or whatever and have time. Please take the time to watch it. I want to know if people accept it and if they do what reason they may have because I just find it ridiculous.
TheDOR6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 TheDOR6
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts

The videofootage is more like a cult than the actual practice of Christian religion I mean I don't do that and Im christian theres something wrong with them people in the video brainwashed or something

Kalel559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -8

#13 Kalel559
Member since 2003 • 9621 Posts

[QUOTE="NathanHawkins"]The only point I'll interject is that the Church is by no means more corrupt today than ever before...not even close.hoop_hard

Well, I don't exactly agree with that. Here let me give you an example of HIGH corruption.

JESUS CAMP

Does anybody see anything wrong with this? AND IF YOU DON'T, Please speak up. WHY?

Because this moving is an accurate description of all churches in the world.... :|

I love how people follow these new "documentaries" so blindly. Michael Moore truly is a genius because he cashed in on the hasty stupidity of the general American public. I still surprised people can't see how editing a video is complete propaganda?!

da_monstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 da_monstr
Member since 2006 • 304 Posts
Jesus was a real person, but his miracles weren´t.
Two400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Two400
Member since 2006 • 2787 Posts

In that video, I don't get why they're letting themselves be filmed. Wouldn't they know this puts a critical light on Christianity?

I for one, am not as enthusiastic as they are in how they sing and pray, but deep down I still believe. I just choose not to make a big deal out of it. I mean if I see someone atheist, I don't care as long as I can see they're a good person inside.

I believe, but I'm not going to go start having some weird seizure while singing in church either....

Avatar image for ViolentPressure
ViolentPressure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ViolentPressure
Member since 2005 • 5521 Posts

Think about it, a world without Jesus Christ. What would the people who are afraid to die do? Some might go crazy themselves.

hoop_hard

Because Christianity is the only religion in the world?

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hoop_hard
[QUOTE="hoop_hard"]

Think about it, a world without Jesus Christ. What would the people who are afraid to die do? Some might go crazy themselves.

ViolentPressure

Because Christianity is the only religion in the world?

No, but it is the major religion in the world and a lot of other relgions follow Christianity just like Christianity followed Mythology.

hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hoop_hard
[QUOTE="hoop_hard"]

[QUOTE="NathanHawkins"]The only point I'll interject is that the Church is by no means more corrupt today than ever before...not even close.Kalel559

JESUS CAMP

Because this moving is an accurate description of all churches in the world.... :|

I love how people follow these new "documentaries" so blindly. Michael Moore truly is a genius because he cashed in on the hasty stupidity of the general American public. I still surprised people can't see how editing a video is complete propaganda?!

Nope, I didn't say that. You did, but if your waiting for me to argue, you might have to wait a while.

I love how people use sarcasm in an unessescary way just to make themselves appear smart.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178876 Posts

Jesus Camp does not speak for the whole of Christianity.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
The same question can be asked of all the religious leaders. The answer, who knows. All I know for sure is Bush is froot loops.