JB in expendables 4??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by realistic44 (8056 posts) -

http://www.etonline.com/movies/149667_the_expendables_3_stars_want_justin_bieber_for_the_next_film/

If this is true, then a decent movie series is ruined :(

Avatar image for deactivated-584419ec3a052
#2 Edited by deactivated-584419ec3a052 (333 posts) -

What a stupid idea. For a start he's not even an actor. Who exactly is saying they think he would be a remotely good fit in, of all things, The Expendables?! That's like saying Stallone should star in a Broadway Musical. I just- What?

#3 Posted by jasean79 (2593 posts) -

Yes, because the cast for The Expendables is just full of high quality, Oscar worthy actors to begin with. Those movies aren't about the acting and plot...they're all about the action. I don't think a guest appearance from JB would hurt the series that much.

#4 Posted by Master_Live (18821 posts) -

First the PG13 thing, now Bieber? Keep up the good work Sly.

#5 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (15363 posts) -

Didn't they announce this gag when they made the second film? At any rate, a fourth movie seems unlikely given the box office take of this installment.

#6 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19114 posts) -

I'd rather see him in a prison film, where he is the victim.

#7 Posted by korvus (10998 posts) -

Where did all of this hate for Justin Bieber come from? From what I hear he's a douche but he's hardly the only one. I have never seen him on tv, never read about him in the papers, never heard his music on the radio. Every single thing I've heard about Bieber was internet rage. Is he the main attraction on American news or is it the haters who are making this guy famous?

#8 Edited by indzman (27735 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

Didn't they announce this gag when they made the second film? At any rate, a fourth movie seems unlikely given the box office take of this installment.

I had planned to watch the third this friday lol. Didn't knew it was doing bad buisness. I heard a leaked version was out weeks ago prior to its theatrical release ( even a OT member whom i will not name seen it ), that may be also the cause of it not doing well at BO i guess.

#9 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15363 posts) -

@indzman said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

I had planned to watch the third this friday lol. Didn't knew it was doing bad buisness. I heard a leaked version was out weeks ago prior to its theatrical release ( even a OT member whom i will not name seen it ), that may be also the cause of it not doing well at BO i guess.

A lot of the Hollywood trades cited this as part of the reason it's not doing as well as its earlier movies. Although to be fair, the first two did better overseas than in the US. Although by the early looks of it, it may not happen again this time around. Wonder if this is going to impact the proposed spin-off movie with an all-female cast.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
#10 Posted by delete-EasyComeEasyGo (382 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

@indzman said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

A lot of the Hollywood trades cited this as part of the reason it's not doing as well as its earlier movies. Although to be fair, the first two did better overseas than in the US. Although by the early looks of it, it may not happen again this time around. Wonder if this is going to impact the proposed spin-off movie with an all-female cast.

Just to add that it got Pirated very bad over the weekend. Pirate was the least of it's worry, the PG-13 was the problem that nobody like about. Expendable 3 made $ 16.1 Million which is consider a flop, and it was forth place in the top 10 and Let's Be Cops was in third place. Hollywood has not learn a thing when you go from Rated R to PG-13, that hurts the movie reputation, just like reboot Robo Cop which was a flop but the movie may have been good to me but the original did it right when it was Rated R.

#11 Edited by thegerg (18397 posts) -

who?

#12 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

@thegerg said:

who?

Have you read the thread clearly?

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
#14 Posted by delete-EasyComeEasyGo (382 posts) -

@geniobastardo: Damn that's some serious Shit right there. Oh well like I give a ****.

#17 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

I hope he's shot dead by the Expandables after 5 minutes, otherwise stay the **** away

#18 Edited by whipassmt (15375 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

So it's just a joke?

#19 Posted by whipassmt (15375 posts) -

I was wondering who "JB" was. Didn't even think of Bieber. I thought that "JB" might have been referring to JBL (John Bradshaw Layfield). JBL might be good for Expendables, but I don't think it's the type of movie for Bieber to be in. The whole idea of the Expendables series is to have a bunch of people that are usually thought of as tough guys, like Stone Cold, Jet Li, Sly, Ahnold, Terry Crews, Statham, etc. Bieber doesn't fit that description.

#20 Posted by lamprey263 (34999 posts) -

If they can put a birther like Chuck Norris in these films then they can certainly make room for Justin Bieber.

#21 Edited by one_plum (6513 posts) -

I can see how fans might change their minds about it.

#22 Posted by Horgen (117184 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

Who doesn't love old action movie heroes blow stuff up?

#23 Posted by korvus (10998 posts) -

@one_plum said:

I can see how fans might change their minds about it.

Didn't know bullets cause epileptic seizures...learn something new every day.