January 2023 .. how was your month? How was YOUR month?

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#1 Simonthekid7
Member since 2014 • 981 Posts

Today, it is the 31 st of january 2023. January is almost over.

How was your january? :) How was YOUR january? We could have like a chat. Was it good or was it bad? Cold or warm? Disappointing or surprisingly well? Did you keep the new year´s resolutions or break them? Or forget about them completely?

Did you enjoy going back to work? (if you work) Or not? Did you like it or dislike it at the nearby restaurant when they raised the prices? How is your economy? Did you travel anywhere?

We should talk about it. How are YOU doing?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts
@simonthekid7 said:

How are YOU doing?

No, no,no,no! How are YOU doing?

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Simonthekid7
Member since 2014 • 981 Posts

No no. How YOU doin´?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15995 Posts

It was pretty miserable. My mental problems have been dragging me down. I suffer from depression and psychosis. I have episodes in which I am detached from reality (that's what psychosis means). I hear voices that tell me to do all sorts of horrific stuff. These episodes can last from half an hour to six hours.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dracula_16

@girlusocrazy: Thank you for the kind words, mate. I appreciate that. :)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

My January was pretty good. I lost a bunch of weight, but still have a long ways to go. I was told I'm going to get off graveyard shift, which makes me happy. It will be nice to be back on days where I can do stuff and actually live life like most people.

I did enjoy the isolation of graveyard though at work, it's amazing what you can do when you're competent at your job and you don't have any bosses getting in your way.

@dracula_16 said:

It was pretty miserable. My mental problems have been dragging me down. I suffer from depression and psychosis. I have episodes in which I am detached from reality (that's what psychosis means). I hear voices that tell me to do all sorts of horrific stuff. These episodes can last from half an hour to six hours.

That sounds rough, sorry to hear that. I've got moderate depression and anxiety and while the depression has gotten better (optimistic nihilism does wonders on one's outlook!), the anxiety has gotten worse.

If you're OK talking about, I would like to ask some questions. It's rare to meet someone suffering from diseases like this (the psychosis, specifically).

Feel free to ignore, but I'm just curious like how do you know you're having an episode (if that's the right term)? Do they sound like certain people you know, or are they fictional voices? Do you have regulars (like the same voices) or is it different?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#8 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@dracula_16: I can relate,I’ve been schizophrenic since the mid 90’s but I’ve been a very controlled schizophrenic for years now. Having a mental disorder is tough and frustrating,most people don’t understand that sometimes the mental issues is much worse than the physical pain/disorder. I don’t know if you have faith,it’s what got me through the years of hardship.

Good luck and God Bless. You are not alone.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 506 Posts

I had my yearly review yesterday. I was given near perfect scores, increased productivity by 47%, and was told lm the backbone of the department I'm running. My raise? 4%.. I increased profits by millions of dollars for my company and my pautry raise doesn't even cover the cost increase of my skyrocketing health insurance. It's a slap in the face.

So 2023 is going to start our with me looking for a new job, and when I find one, on my last day I'm shitting in a box and leaving it on the CEOs desk.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Unmemorable just way like it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

It was a very productive work month. Currently working on promo materials for some film festivals this year and various other marketing projects for other industries.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Pretty good, can't complain. Just been doing the usual stuff I like doing.

Yesterday my cat noticed she can jump up on the kitchen counter, and she somehow made my old saké set from Japan fall down to the floor breaking into a thousand pieces. Was quite pissed off about that. There was like 18 different glasses and cups she could've broke, but no. Pick the saké set. Bastard. Can't stay mad at a cat for being a cat though.

Economy is aight, but I did receive my electric bill for December this month, which was abnormally high. That sucked. Was like 3x the amount I usually pay.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dracula_16

@mrbojangles25:

No, the voices don't sound like someone that I have met in person. I can't decipher where they're coming from (when I'm in the midst of a hallucination). Though I can recognize that they're not real while I am in a calm state of mind, all of that goes out the window during a hallucination. When I'm having a hallucination, I'll hear voices and I won't be able to tell where the voice is coming from. I don't know whether they're coming from God, Satan, my own conscience, a jinn, an angel or a hallucinatory voice. For example, if I am hearing something telling me to commit suicide, I don't actually know the source of it.

I'm in a calm state of mind now, so I know where they are coming from, but when I'm in a psychotic episode, I'm not able to understand what's real and what's unreal.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Sucked. Allergies are terrible this year.