Israeli Airstrike in Gaza Kills Top Hamas Military Commander

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts

"An Israeli airstrike killed the commander of the military wing of Gaza's Hamas rulers Wednesday, Hamas officials and Israel confirmed, in a dramatic resumption of Israel's policy of assassinating Palestinian militant leaders."

"Witnesses said Jabari was traveling in a vehicle in Gaza City when the car exploded. Crowds of people and security personnel rushed to the scene of the strike, trying to put out the fire that had engulfed the car and left it a charred shell."

"Advocates say targeted killings are an effective deterrent without the complications associated with a ground operation, chiefly civilian and Israeli troop casualties. Proponents argue they also prevent future attacks by removing their masterminds."

"During a wave of suicide bombings against Israel a decade ago, the country employed the tactic to eliminate the upper echelon of Hamas leadership."

LINK

Apperently this guy was the Israeli version of Osama Bin Laden. It seems the drone/airstrike version of a counter-insurgency has been the most effective way to get rid of terrorists.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

woot \o/

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

How many will condone?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

no he was not like Bin Laden , he was the head Hamas' military, not of Hamas overall.

while there is military advantages to this, the main reason for this, is to send a political message to Hamas.

cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts

How many will condone?

tenaka2
Condone the killing of a terrorist?
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

I don't think I've ever cared about this issue in my whole life. I mean seriously, what is up with this? Has there even been a single day these latest 20 years that haven't had some "news" about Israel?

I mean no offense and it sounds heartless but damn this is boring. Every god damn day there's some new attack over there, isn't it about time for them to run out of ammo already?

Should this even be covered by the "news", this feels as regular as brushing your teeth.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
Borukh Hashem!
dangamit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 dangamit
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts

RIP. It's time for Hamas to retaliate.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

How many will condone?

tenaka2
How many will condemn?
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#10 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
How many will blasé?
MannyDelgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MannyDelgado
Member since 2011 • 1187 Posts
Good
C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

Surprised the guy didn't drive around with a group of 10 year olds tied around his body.

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

IDF infantry units to move south ahead of possible ground offensive

also-

Thinking about it, someone should warn ali that Cast lead 2.0 is rounding the corner.

pie-junior yesterday

behind you nate silver

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

also-

[QUOTE="pie-junior yesterday"]

Thinking about it, someone should warn ali that Cast lead 2.0 is rounding the corner.

pie-junior

behind you nate silver

I see you are getting your orgasm already. This is gonna ruin an already post-apocalyptic Gaza...
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts

dangamit
How is that going to improve the situation though? Hamas retaliates, Israel retaliates and it will go on and on and on. Both sides must totally renounce the use of violence and commit themselves to resolving this peacefully and democratically. If they don't, there is no end to this conflict. I live in Northern Ireland, so I know what it is like living in a deeply divided society - the only way to move forward is for both sides to get talking to each other and compromising.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GazaAli
[QUOTE="dangamit"]

michaelP4
How is that going to improve the situation though? Hamas retaliates, Israel retaliates and it will go on and on and on. Both sides must totally renounce the use of violence and commit themselves to resolving this peacefully and democratically. If they don't, there is no end to this conflict. I live in Northern Ireland, so I know what it is like living in a deeply divided society - the only way to move forward is for both sides to get talking to each other and compromising.

I hate to break it to you, but that ain't happening any time soon.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 michaelP4
I know Gaza. The stubbornness of both sides is quite tragic, knowing more lives will be needlessly lost.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pie-junior
[QUOTE="pie-junior"]

also-

[QUOTE="pie-junior yesterday"]

GazaAli

behind you nate silver

I see you are getting your orgasm already. This is gonna ruin an already post-apocalyptic Gaza...

I'm saving your life gaza. Help me help you
dangamit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dangamit
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts
[QUOTE="dangamit"]

michaelP4

It was an Israeli aggression. A truce was sponsored by Egypt and both sides agreed to it, but Israel was the one who violated it with such a cowardly act. Not only did they kill the Hamas leader, they also managed to kill 3 children so far in air strikes on civilian areas. I hope Israel will pay dearly for both killing those children and ruining my day
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts

It seems the drone/airstrike version of a counter-insurgency has been the most effective way to get rid of terrorists.cslayer211

That is something of an oxymoron. COIN primarily involves a recognized government (in this case Israel, but since you made reference to bin Laden the US as well) trying to establish their authority over that of the insurgents, this is theoretically accomplished by containing the insurgency and then supplanting the insurgents authority.

Simply flying over and bombing a target doesn't accomplish this. Insurgents can still operate between bombings, killing a top commander is nice, but the insurgents in question will just martyr the target and move on. Since it is difficult to distinguish and insurgent from a member of the general populace, we run into situations where we end up bombing civilians, we diminish our own authority while giving legitimacy to the insurgents.

COIN calls for a large military force to enforce containment and by extension, casualties, drone strikes cannot do this.

The entire premise of COIN is suspect anyway, there is no example of it actually working on this large of a scale.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 michaelP4
And likewise, dangamit, there will be Israeli people who will suffer by the actions of violence that will wish the same thing on Palestinian people. Remember: an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind - Gandhi.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pie-junior
[QUOTE="michaelP4"][QUOTE="dangamit"]

dangamit

It was an Israeli aggression. A truce was sponsored by Egypt and both sides agreed to it, but Israel was the one who violated it with such a cowardly act. Not only did they kill the Hamas leader, they also managed to kill 3 children so far in air strikes on civilian areas. I hope Israel will pay dearly for both killing those children and ruining my day

ok the next step is having the IDF flatten Gaza for the second time in 4 years. I think you people need to reconsider your retaliation mentality.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"]

behind you nate silver

pie-junior

Like it was hard to figure that out by myself...
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] I see you are getting your orgasm already. This is gonna ruin an already post-apocalyptic Gaza...

OT but where's your avatar from?
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pie-junior
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] I see you are getting your orgasm already. This is gonna ruin an already post-apocalyptic Gaza...

and this is the thanks I get
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
This is so unsurprising its tragic. Israel breaks the truce to assassinate a general. I wonder how they expect anyone to trust them under any circumstances. This beyond anything shows that Israel doesn't hold its word for crap.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GazaAli
[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"][QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="pie-junior"] I'm saving your life gaza. Help me help you

I have no idea to be honest.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 pie-junior
This is so unsurprising its tragic. Israel breaks the truce to assassinate a general. I wonder how they expect anyone to trust them under any circumstances. This beyond anything shows that Israel doesn't hold its word for crap. mayceV
You know Israeli officials kept parroting 'There is no cease fire' over and over through the course of the 'truce'?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Darkman2007
This is so unsurprising its tragic. Israel breaks the truce to assassinate a general. I wonder how they expect anyone to trust them under any circumstances. This beyond anything shows that Israel doesn't hold its word for crap. mayceV
the truce was broken for over a week.
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] Like it was hard to figure that out by myself...

I have no idea to be honest.

yoursig.jpg
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
[QUOTE="mayceV"]This is so unsurprising its tragic. Israel breaks the truce to assassinate a general. I wonder how they expect anyone to trust them under any circumstances. This beyond anything shows that Israel doesn't hold its word for crap. Darkman2007

I am referring to the one that was..supposedly, brokered by Egypt just yesterday. Reading over it again though it seems as though it wasn't fully official though.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="mayceV"]This is so unsurprising its tragic. Israel breaks the truce to assassinate a general. I wonder how they expect anyone to trust them under any circumstances. This beyond anything shows that Israel doesn't hold its word for crap. mayceV

I am referring to the one that was..supposedly, brokered by Egypt just yesterday. Reading over it again though it seems as though it wasn't fully official though.

I haven't heard about that one tbh, could be something wasn't agreed on. though even the previous ceasefire was more of a lessfire
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Just remember guys,they're the "Israeli Defence Force".

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Hamas fired, like what 100+ rockets into Southern Israel and they expected no retaliation? Such a braindead move on their part. Hamas is still the main obstacle to Israeli-Palestinian peace. That's not to say that Israel isn't at fault either (they are also a big problem why this conflict is still ongoing) but when one says they are committed to the destruction of the other, how do you achieve peace then?
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pie-junior

Hamas fired, like what 100+ rockets into Southern Israelthe_ChEeSe_mAn2

IIRC, it was a 100 in a single day.

That's pretty fvcking impressive, all considering.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

RIP

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Borukh Hashem! th3warr1or
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

And likewise, dangamit, there will be Israeli people who will suffer by the actions of violence that will wish the same thing on Palestinian people. Remember: an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind - Gandhi.michaelP4
Palestine belongs to the Arabs - Ghandi

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Can't say it bothers me.....live by the sword and all that....
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="michaelP4"]And likewise, dangamit, there will be Israeli people who will suffer by the actions of violence that will wish the same thing on Palestinian people. Remember: an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind - Gandhi.GrayF0X786

"I make sh!t up on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
GazaAli
ARE YOU OKAY?!!?
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="michaelP4"]And likewise, dangamit, there will be Israeli people who will suffer by the actions of violence that will wish the same thing on Palestinian people. Remember: an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind - Gandhi.GrayF0X786

lol
Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Can't say it bothers me.....live by the sword and all that....LJS9502_basic

Few nations are as inclined to "live by the sword" as Israel and the US ...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Can't say it bothers me.....live by the sword and all that....Stesilaus

Don't be an apologist for Hamas dude....
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

Great news. Good game.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Can't say it bothers me.....live by the sword and all that....Stesilaus

I don't agree with US's foreign policies all the time, but Hamas is a terrorist organization. It's a little different.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kingkong0124

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]Hamas fired, like what 100+ rockets into Southern Israelpie-junior

IIRC, it was a 100 in a single day.

That's pretty fvcking impressive, all considering.

Not really, considering Israel constantly owns them.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kingkong0124

Gandhi's an idiot - Kingkong0124