Israel or Palestine?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@themajormayor said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@themajormayor said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@themajormayor said:

No. How is there a just meaningless distinction between expelling the inhabitants of a territory that comes under your sovereignty, like in Ramle, and not doing it, like in Nazareth? It seems to me like a pretty meaningful distinction between the two.

Ok bad example I guess cause they weren't expelled, just not allowed to return or retrieve their lost property I think. But let's say the Jewish quarter of Bagdhad or whatever. I think you can understand my point. Iraq didn't steal the Jewish quarter of Bagdhad even if they expel the citizens. They stole their property however.

What claim did the provisional government of Israel have on places like Ramle? There is no comparison with the Jewish quarter of Baghdad, again - administratively it had always been part of Baghdad and by extension Iraq. That wasn't the case in 1948 where we're talking about a entirely new government being formed by a minority of the population in the region - it'd be one thing if the borders of Israel were limited to the borders outlined in the UN partition plan but it wasn't. The whole point was that these territories weren't under Israeli sovereignty - that is what makes it theft.

Again, I'm not necessarily condemning or even disagreeing with what happened but it's pretty clear that territory was stolen. At the very least let's be honest about the facts.

Your argument was that expelling people=stealing territory. "How does the expulsion of Arabs by the IDF not constitute as theft?". So how does the expulsion of Jews by Iraq not constitute as theft? That was the whole discussion was about. How there is no meaningful difference between expelling people and extending sovereignty. And Iraq was also pretty recently just established, not that there is any good reason why that is relevant. So how did they not steal the territory of the Iraqi Jews? It's true that they weren't under Israeli sovereignty, but neither was Tel Aviv or Haifa. Jericho and Ramalah was never under Palestinian sovereignty and Baghdad was not under Iraqi sovereignty until like 1932. And so on. All of that is not theft. Why should whether it is theft or not be based on a proposal that never went through? And from the UN no less.

No it is everything but clear. Who is the true owner of the land is a very subjective question and disputed by many. I would hesitate with the word fact about such things.

I already explained the failure of the Iraqi analogy. The Jewish Quarter was always a part of Baghdad. You're right that Tel Aviv and Haifa weren't technically under Israeli sovereignty but don't be difficult, use your head - the provisional government at least had a reasonable claim to these lands. Tel Aviv was a Jewish city founded by Jews that was to be the Israeli capital under the UN partition plan (although when you start talking about Jaffa it gets a little more complicated) . Haifa, while a bit more controversial, was still part of the proposed Jewish state per the partition plan.

The provisional government made a conscience decision when declaring independence not to specify the nation's borders because they didn't want to limit themselves - it was the plan all along to go into Arab neighborhoods and Arab communities, kick them out and repopulate these areas with Jews - how organized and systemic this policy actually was is a matter of debate but it's not inaccurate to say that the war of 1948 was in part a war of conquest. Israeli's anticipated the creation of a Palestinian state and they made an effort to deprive that future state of land. Even when accepting the UN partition plan many Zionists only approved of it for pragmatic reasons because it was seen as a way of getting their foot in the door - there's always been an eye on Eretz Israel.

To say that this was not theft by Israel is like saying it wouldn't be theft if the Kurds declared Independence, marched into Tikrit right now amid all the confusion of civil war, kicked out all the Arabs and declared it a part of the new Kurdish state. It was one thing for Israel to incorporate predominantly Jewish neighborhoods and cities during its founding - Israel had a reasonable claim to these lands, it's a different animal all together when the IDF went into Arab neighborhoods and Arab cities and incorporated that land as well. That's not to say they might've not been justified in stealing this land in terms of practicality but the land was stolen nonetheless.

It was not part of Iraq though. I can say that Ramle was always part of Eretz Israel. In any case I think you get my point. If not baghdad then some Jewish majority city/town/village. There must have been some in the muslim world. Again though how can you say it's stealing based on borders outlined in a non-accepted proposal?

It was never the plan all along. I agree that it could be seen as a conquest war though. I don't think conquering is neccesarily the same as stealing though. I mean a lot of Germany's territory was conquered as a result of the WWs. But it's not generally seen as theft. It is only speculation what would have happened if the partition plan was accepted. Personally I think Israel would have been content enough to not start a war for the rest of the land.

You can't compare it really. Tikrit has an owner already, Beersheba didn't. Also if you can claim a city because it has a majority Jewish population, which is fine to some extent IMO, then why can't you claim it due to a historical connection? Beersheba used to be Israel, long time ago, it's a Jewish city, founded by Jews. Why is that not enough reason to claim a city but the inhabitants have the same ethnicity is? And what about Jerusalem? It was a Jewish majority city. Was Jerusalem stolen?

Conquering is not necessarily the same as stealing but it can and should be when the conquest is done not to unify homogeneous communities under the same umbrella for the sake of self-determination but instead conquering purely for expansionary reasons. Saying Israel had a claim to Beersheba because the ancient Israelites might've lived their thousands of years ago is much less convincing than Arabs taking claim of the land because the residents that were actually living there were primarily Arab. Would it not be stealing if the American Indian nations started conquering American cities?

As for Zionists being content in an alternative reality where the partition plan was accepted by both sides it is definitely not speculation. There is no need to speculate, not only do we have decades worth of evidence of Israel not being content but we have documented proof of Zionists expressing a Zionist version of manifest destiny. In the debates leading up to the declaration of independence about declaring Israel's borders there was a movement among revisionists to declare all of Eretz Isael for the Jewish State, going so far to even wanting to include land east of the Jordan river. Even today are plenty of people in Israel today that have serious problems with giving up any of the West Bank and even Gaza. When Israel disengaged from Gaza in 2005 Jewish settlers had to be physically removed from their homes.

So if Palestinians would now conquer let's say Nazareth that would not be stealing because it is to unify homogeneous communities?
If those cities didn't have an owner I would hesitate to call it stealing. That what is being taken already belongs to someone is inherent to the definition of stealing. Then there is also the question of what if those cities are used to blockade supply lines or attack you.

It is 100% speculation just by being an alternative reality scenario. No less what could be considered the core of the conflict. We don't really have any evidence of that. That there were Zionists who wished for all of Eretz Israel to be under Israeli sovereignty doesn't really convince me that Israel would invade Jordan and Palestine completely unprovoked just for that to happen. I mean they left Jordan alone, so it doesn't speak much for the theory that if Zionists wanting territory they will invade it unprovoked to take it. Could happen but I am far from convinced. And it's definitely speculation. And the 2005 event shows exactly that. They left Gaza even if people among them were against it.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 themajormayor

@Jacanuk said:

@themajormayor said:

@Jacanuk said:

@themajormayor said:

@Jacanuk said:

That's not what I said at all. Saying someone is not acting like HItler is not the same as saying they are acting civilized. ButI think most western countries wouldn't act much better in such a situation.

Like that is such a messed up paragraph. Where do even start? Yes, yes, no, yes, yes, didn't hapen. Agree to some extent.

Well yes, if you start comparing them with Hitler my guess is that you are against Israel.

And i didn´t say Israel was that i said that their continuous killing of civilians particularly women and children was reminding of a certain german dirtbag. Not to mention all the things i have said above and not to forget the celebration the israelites are showing sitting on hills and cheering when the bombs fall.

It shows a nasty disconnect and a huge lack of empathy among the people particular the young of Israel which is sad but not surprising when they grow up in a area like that where their country just doesn't want to admit to their own mistakes and keep adding on the death toll.

But i should have remembered goodwin and known that any connection or even mention is a debate killer

And which German dirtbag would that be? Well that's obviously deplorable, I think it constitutes a small minority. Some Palestinians where also cheering when rockets fell. I wouldn't compare them to Hitler because of that though.

Who in this region admits their mistakes here? Relly who? It's a decades long conflict where both have experienced suffering and their own existence threatened nationally and individually. Unfortunately that kind of situation can create a "we vs them" kind of thing.

You were the one who brought them up. You're a perfect example of Goodwin's law.

And should we just leave it there, you saw how it ended and where it has steered the debate.

Yes, no one in the region admits error´s but the problem is not just that, its also that yes Israel might have given more liberties to Gaza, but when they at the same time refuse humanitarian help, block investments, build a wall around them and have Egypt close their border, its like pissing in your pants for the warm feeling and getting surprised when you suddenly get cold.

Anyways yes i brought it up and made a comparison because what is happening to Gaza bears a striking resemblance to it and the camps they had. And i love how you try to pin the problem on me, it was you who began the anti-semitic chat and began to accuse me of having motives or "hates".

So you dont need to respond if you dont want to discuss israel and Gaza. and instead keep "goodwin" in.

They never refused humanitarian help, I agree that they should not block investments, they are in the full right to build a wall around them though, what Egypt is doing you should criticize Egypt for.

It does not bear even the slightest resemblance. What a ridiculous comparison. And again a perfect example of Goodwin's law. "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#103 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@themajormayor said:

They never refused humanitarian help, I agree that they should not block investments, they are in the full right to build a wall around them though, what Egypt is doing you should criticize Egypt for.

It does not bear even the slightest resemblance. What a ridiculous comparison. And again a perfect example of Goodwin's law. "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

Right so Israel don't have a blockade and the Gaza Flotilla raid was a figment of someone's imagination? And yes sure they have a right to build a wall in their occupied territory but it doesn't change the fact that it has caused human despair and catastrophe in Gaza.

But its true that Israel after 2010 and the Raid have made it a bit easier but its no secret that they block all ships and supplies going in and its limited what humanitarian aid that gets in. Which just adds to the hold Hamas has over Gaza, i cant believe that Israel haven´t learned from US and Russia and their wars and luck with occupying countries. You can be brutal all you want but all you do is allow for generation after generation to grow up and hate you even more than the previous.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 themajormayor

@Jacanuk said:

@themajormayor said:

Right so Israel don't have a blockade and the Gaza Flotilla raid was a figment of someone's imagination? And yes sure they have a right to build a wall in their occupied territory but it doesn't change the fact that it has caused human despair and catastrophe in Gaza.

But its true that Israel after 2010 and the Raid have made it a bit easier but its no secret that they block all ships and supplies going in and its limited what humanitarian aid that gets in. Which just adds to the hold Hamas has over Gaza, i cant believe that Israel haven´t learned from US and Russia and their wars and luck with occupying countries. You can be brutal all you want but all you do is allow for generation after generation to grow up and hate you even more than the previous.

They do have a blockade but they didn't refuse any humanitarian help from them. They refused it to go through the maritime route. They made it clear that they would let everything through the land way after inspection. I don't think the wall in itself caused much despair but I would agree that the blockade is at this point and certainly before excessively harsh and cause of suffering. I think they have the right to blockade but not to such an extreme level.

Well I agree that the blockade unnecessary brutal.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Loading Video...

So wrong yet feels so good.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

@themajormayor said:

So if Palestinians would now conquer let's say Nazareth that would not be stealing because it is to unify homogeneous communities?

If those cities didn't have an owner I would hesitate to call it stealing. That what is being taken already belongs to someone is inherent to the definition of stealing. Then there is also the question of what if those cities are used to blockade supply lines or attack you.

It is 100% speculation just by being an alternative reality scenario. No less what could be considered the core of the conflict. We don't really have any evidence of that. That there were Zionists who wished for all of Eretz Israel to be under Israeli sovereignty doesn't really convince me that Israel would invade Jordan and Palestine completely unprovoked just for that to happen. I mean they left Jordan alone, so it doesn't speak much for the theory that if Zionists wanting territory they will invade it unprovoked to take it. Could happen but I am far from convinced. And it's definitely speculation. And the 2005 event shows exactly that. They left Gaza even if people among them were against it.

I never denied the bolded, which is why I have tried to make it clear that I am not necessarily condemning Israel. I even sympathize with people like Benny Morris when he says that under extreme circumstances ethnic cleansing might be justified - I'm not sure if I agree with him but I can appreciate the logic in his argument. My point all along is that we shouldn't wish-wash over the facts - it's important to justify what happened in its own terms and not be mythological about it.

And I never meant to suggest that Israel would've ever invaded Jordan completely unprovoked, such a plan would fail before it even began - Israeli leadership is much smarter than that. But it's undeniable that throughout its history Israel has taken advantage of military conflicts by going beyond its stated military objectives and going on the offensive.

As for your hypothetical about Nazareth, I don't know if I'd called it stealing but I'll say that process is important. If hypothetically there was an existing Palestinian state and a referendum to be annexed by Palestine passed in Nazareth then I would see nothing wrong with its annexation. It's ideal not to have borders drawn unilaterally on the battlefield. Only under extreme circumstances could I see a Palestinian military conquest of Nazareth being justified, like if there was extreme segregation against and mistreatment of Arabs in the city.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

Check out this guy's thoughts on the topic of this discussion. I know he's a bit fugly, but ignore that fact and just listen to what he has to say.

Loading Video...

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

@emil_fontz said:

Here are my thoughts on this discussion. I know I'm fugly, but ignore that fact and just listen to what I have to say.

Loading Video...

what happened to your mask bro

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@emil_fontz said:

Here are my thoughts on this discussion. I know I'm fugly, but ignore that fact and just listen to what I have to say.

Loading Video...

Blu!

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 themajormayor

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@themajormayor said:

I never denied the bolded, which is why I have tried to make it clear that I am not necessarily condemning Israel. I even sympathize with people like Benny Morris when he says that under extreme circumstances ethnic cleansing might be justified - I'm not sure if I agree with him but I can appreciate the logic in his argument. My point all along is that we shouldn't wish-wash over the facts - it's important to justify what happened in its own terms and not be mythological about it.

And I never meant to suggest that Israel would've ever invaded Jordan completely unprovoked, such a plan would fail before it even began - Israeli leadership is much smarter than that. But it's undeniable that throughout its history Israel has taken advantage of military conflicts by going beyond its stated military objectives and going on the offensive.

As for your hypothetical about Nazareth, I don't know if I'd called it stealing but I'll say that process is important. If hypothetically there was an existing Palestinian state and a referendum to be annexed by Palestine passed in Nazareth then I would see nothing wrong with its annexation. It's ideal not to have borders drawn unilaterally on the battlefield. Only under extreme circumstances could I see a Palestinian military conquest of Nazareth being justified, like if there was extreme segregation against and mistreatment of Arabs in the city.

Ok the point is that I am not sure if I would qualify it as stealing in such a case. Like does the police steal guns from criminals if they confiscate them? My whole point is that the only fact here is that Israel conquered the land, if they stole it or not is up for discussion.

Well I don't disagree with that. What I meant was that maybe Israel would've wished for more but would have been content enough to accept the situation as long as not the Arab states didn't act aggressive.

I get what you're saying and I guess I agree to some extent. Although not completely. The world would be extremely fragmented if stuff like that could take place everywhere. Depends on what scale though.

Monkey_N1nga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 Monkey_N1nga
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
Loading Video...

sauronthehun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 sauronthehun
Member since 2007 • 187 Posts
@GazaAli said:

Israel can enjoy its 15 minutes of existence for the time being. You need to be batshit crazy to believe that Israel will perpetually persist as a sovereign state within the Middle East. In fact, given the atrocities it committed over the course of the past 70 years or so and the hatred it garnered from all of its neighbors I expect it would be a death sentence to be an Israeli citizen when the time comes.

Israel was founded solely by the support of major world powers, namely the UK and other European states at the time and then the U.S paraded the Zionist club later on. Israel is allowed to persist in existing thanks to these world powers. Only thing is, these world powers will not maintain their hegemony and supremacy forever, and they may very well witness shifts in their political and ideological landscapes that may radically change their interest and stance towards Israel. Israel itself will inevitably decay just like all states and civilizations do and other Middle Eastern states will not remain at the bottom of the barrel of states and civilizations. When you compare Netenyahu and all of the more recent PMs of Israel to the likes of Mosi Dayyan, Sharon, Ben Goryon...etc you'll be able to perceive that decadence.

In the meanwhile, let us suffer for a little longer. We're neither the first nor the last people to suffer injustice and oppression at the hands of their occupying force. Pretty much everything that is claimed by the human civilization of the 21st century is a farce. Human values, justice, humanitarianism..etc they're all follies being reiterated to make some people feel good about themselves and give them a semblance of a virtuous and superior existence. The world remains governed by interest and power. Interest shifts and power decays and regenerates. The two states solutions has been slaughtered beyond resuscitation and now we wait.

Please. Israel has gone from fighting a war of independence, to wars of survival, to wars on terror to the current border skirmishes. Israel successfully made lasting peace with two of its greatest foes. The IDF is far superior to any other Middle Eastern military. Israel's existence is more firmly established than it has ever been, and compared to some of its neighbors it's a bastion of stability. The only batshit crazy ones are those who stick to deluded views like these, unable to come to terms with the fact that Israel is there to stay.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#113 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@BboyStatix said:

Every day I'm seeing disturbing images of kids getting killed in Gaza which makes me wonder where humanity has gone. Then I see a lot of Israeli propaganda about Hamas using civilians as human shields by placing military settlements nearby civilian areas so that it would deter the IDF from bombing these places. But then again Gaza is such a densely populated region that I really wonder if innocents can avoid being the target of these bombings.

I also think it's wrong that Hamas is continually bombarding Israel with bombs but I heard that he is just fighting back? Like Israel broke the international law of occupying land that originally doesn't belong to them and broke a lot of UN sanctions. So then aren't the Palestinians simply fighting back to reclaim their land? Why are they being labelled as terrorists and would peace treaties really end the conflict? Because from what I see more than 12,000 Palestinian homes have been bulldozed over the past decades and they are being oppressed. So I don't see how a ceasefire would end the Israeli occupation.

I am saying this from my limited understanding of the issue at hand. Can anyone clarify?

I think they fighting over jeruzalem or something, or at least that's how the fight started.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178833 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You aren't series. You clearly have a bias. Read your posts again. Hell this is the first time I've seen your posts and I can already tell what you back.

Do you really want to argue about if its bad that women and children are being murdered because of some bombings that are as futile as the Hamas rockets are in hitting the actual targets?

I hope you are not seriously suggesting that we even need to have a debate about that and there is absolute no justification for such an atrocious act no matter who does it.

Straw man. I have had no such discussion with you. But if you attack another country stands to reason you will have casualties. And an appeal to emotion doesn't change that.

I think you need to read up on what a Strawman actually is before using it in a debate where it has no place.

Also you really need to get a better understanding of the whole situation, its not the gaza people attacking Israel and its not 2 countries in war, its one of the worlds best trained and most advanced armed military against a bunch of peasants with some home made rockets from the 70´s who couldn't hit a target if it was 20 yeards from it.

It is as i said like sitting in a tank and then having someone throw pebbles on the it. and instead of stepping outside and finding the culprits calling in an airstrike.

I know exactly what straw man means....and you are attributing an argument I did not make. You are biased toward one side and it's pointless discussing this with you as it won't change your mind. HAMAS is NOT a group of peasants. And frankly it doesn't matter. If you shoot rockets into another nation it's an act of war and as such that nation has a right to defend itself.

I see you did not reply when I mentioned that 3 mortar shells were lobbed into Israel from Palestine at the start of the five hour cease fire and that a rocket was sent in when the cease fire ended. The blood of the women and children is on the hands of those who start the fighting.

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

I think that alot of people here seem to forget history when discussing this issue. Im going to put aside the religious arguments because you believe whatever you damn well please or at least I think you should; who started it first because I dont really know and quite frankly dont care anymore because it was so long ago its besides the point. But rather the sense of right and wrong and entitlement people bring up in this conversation time and time again.

The fact of the matter is that Israel gained a good portion of its land through war, which it WON. Now correct me if im wrong, but as history tells us time and again its never a case of "good" and "evil" or what ever dichotomy you prefer; but rather who carries the biggest stick and who uses said stick and wins, both of which Israel possess in this conflict and demonstrated through war when they expanded their territory. Weather you believe one side is right or wrong is not the issue because history will not care and neither will I. Now if you were to have a conversation that goes like this "country ______ fought a war with country _____ won, and took their stuff and has no intention on giving it back" you would most likely say thats reasonable and what has happened throughout all of history; but godforbid its Israel and palestine. One being the people who reap what they sow, and the other being the perpetual, infallible and never wrong doing victims of everything.

And yet people like to bring up an example like mexico and its funny, because many southern/western states were mexico originally, whose people were killed and had land stolen, but you dont hear mexico saying it is entitled to the land because it had a claim in the past (as if the US would give a damn because hey, what are they going to do ? ohhhh thats right nothing) BUT mexico doesnt launch hundreds of rockets into the US because if it did it would be bombed to pieces and made the 51st state civilian casualties be damned. Same kind of argument can be said for the US Vs. Native americans, Spanish Vs. Aztec, British Vs. Everything....etc. Palestinians are not "entitled" to land just as much as im not "entitled" to my families old house/property after a number of years of me not controlling it for whatever reason that may be.

As far as im concerned both sides are just acting like children, saying EVERYTHING is the other fault and yada yada cry moan qq. No side is innocent and no side can wash the blood off their equally stained hands and the only losers are the civilians that have to suffer for as select few's actions

Maybe people can stop squabbling over flimsy or hardline ideals, maybe one side can become the adult of two children and stop hostilities (fat chance for both), maybe if people can stop being racists, Maybe people can learn to live together to build a better life for themselves, maybe im just a crazy idealist.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@emil_fontz said:

Check out this guy's thoughts on the topic of this discussion. I know he's a bit fugly, but ignore that fact and just listen to what he has to say.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@sauronthehun said:
@GazaAli said:

Israel can enjoy its 15 minutes of existence for the time being. You need to be batshit crazy to believe that Israel will perpetually persist as a sovereign state within the Middle East. In fact, given the atrocities it committed over the course of the past 70 years or so and the hatred it garnered from all of its neighbors I expect it would be a death sentence to be an Israeli citizen when the time comes.

Israel was founded solely by the support of major world powers, namely the UK and other European states at the time and then the U.S paraded the Zionist club later on. Israel is allowed to persist in existing thanks to these world powers. Only thing is, these world powers will not maintain their hegemony and supremacy forever, and they may very well witness shifts in their political and ideological landscapes that may radically change their interest and stance towards Israel. Israel itself will inevitably decay just like all states and civilizations do and other Middle Eastern states will not remain at the bottom of the barrel of states and civilizations. When you compare Netenyahu and all of the more recent PMs of Israel to the likes of Mosi Dayyan, Sharon, Ben Goryon...etc you'll be able to perceive that decadence.

In the meanwhile, let us suffer for a little longer. We're neither the first nor the last people to suffer injustice and oppression at the hands of their occupying force. Pretty much everything that is claimed by the human civilization of the 21st century is a farce. Human values, justice, humanitarianism..etc they're all follies being reiterated to make some people feel good about themselves and give them a semblance of a virtuous and superior existence. The world remains governed by interest and power. Interest shifts and power decays and regenerates. The two states solutions has been slaughtered beyond resuscitation and now we wait.

Please. Israel has gone from fighting a war of independence, to wars of survival, to wars on terror to the current border skirmishes. Israel successfully made lasting peace with two of its greatest foes. The IDF is far superior to any other Middle Eastern military. Israel's existence is more firmly established than it has ever been, and compared to some of its neighbors it's a bastion of stability. The only batshit crazy ones are those who stick to deluded views like these, unable to come to terms with the fact that Israel is there to stay.

The only deluded view here is to think that a status quo can persist perpetually, something that you appear to have completely missed.

sauronthehun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 sauronthehun

@GazaAli said:

@sauronthehun said:
@GazaAli said:

The only deluded view here is to think that a status quo can persist perpetually, something that you appear to have completely missed.

Maybe the status quo will change and Kim Jong-Un will become a Super Saiyan and rule the Earth. Is there a chance Israel might be destroyed over the next few hundred years? Of course. But pointless speculation of events that probably won't occur for the next two hundred fifty years doesn't help the conflict in the slightest. The Palestinians need to accept the fact that Israel is there to stay if they want a lasting peace.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GazaAli

@sauronthehun said:

@GazaAli said:

@sauronthehun said:
@GazaAli said:

Maybe the status quo will change and Kim Jong-Un will become a Super Saiyan and rule the Earth. Is there a chance Israel might be destroyed over the next few hundred years? Of course. But pointless speculation of events that probably won't occur for the next two hundred fifty years doesn't help the conflict in the slightest. The Palestinians need to accept the fact that Israel is there to stay if they want a lasting peace.

This is a moot comparison that is devoid of geopolitical context and everything pertaining to this conflict. You are indeed batshit crazy to believe that Israel will survive for hundreds of years to come and that its there to stay. I mean Britain with all of its might couldn't remain a colonizing power in the region, just like France failed and they both eventually decided to pack up and leave after causing unspeakable suffering and destruction that would suffice for decades to come. By comparing Israel to these two forces while keeping in mind the fragile position of Israel in the region I think you'll be able to see things differently. I forgot to mention to you that Israel made shit with two states, not peace. Your statement that Israel succeeded in making peace with two of its neighbors, a statement that entails the claim that these peace treaties will hold for a considerable time to come, goes to show that you have zero knowledge of the region and its demographics. You either address the points I made while putting actual effort into your arguments or you refrain from speaking about things you don't fully understand. Finally, its not my problem that you're a shortsighted individual with the illusion that the historical movement has reached its final destination. That's your problem not mine.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

The Jews were there 4 thousand years before Islam was even invented. If Mexico was shooting rockets into the US what do you think will happen? We would invade and bomb the shit out of them.

sauronthehun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 sauronthehun

@GazaAli said:

@sauronthehun said:

@GazaAli said:

@sauronthehun said:
@GazaAli said:

This is a moot comparison that is devoid of geopolitical context and everything pertaining to this conflict. You are indeed batshit crazy to believe that Israel will survive for hundreds of years to come and that its there to stay. I mean Britain with all of its might couldn't remain a colonizing power in the region, just like France failed and they both eventually decided to pack up and leave after causing unspeakable suffering and destruction that would suffice for decades to come. By comparing Israel to these two forces while keeping in mind the fragile position of Israel in the region I think you'll be able to see things differently. I forgot to mention to you that Israel made shit with two states, not peace. Your statement that Israel succeeded in making peace with two of its neighbors, a statement that entails the claim that these peace treaties will hold for a considerable time to come, goes to show that you have zero knowledge of the region and its demographics. You either address the points I made while putting actual effort into your arguments or you refrain from speaking about things you don't fully understand. Finally, its not my problem that you're a shortsighted individual with the illusion that the historical movement has reached its final destination. That's your problem not mine.

As you said yourself- both Britain and France were colonizing powers in the region. Israel is an autonomous state- not a colonizing power from a continent away- and has managed to thrive despite being in far more precarious situations before. Israel has in fact made peace with Egypt and Jordan with no major military incidents since the signing of two peace treaties. Admittedly, Egypt's situation has grown more precarious over the past few years, but Israel has time and again shown its ability to defeat the forces of its neighbors. Inventing supposed fragility of Israel's position does not reflect shortsightedness on my part, just your inability to come to terms with reality. We could always speculate about events that will occur hundreds of years down the line, but such speculation is baseless and not rooted in any fact.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#122  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

The Jews were there 4 thousand years before Islam was even invented. If Mexico was shooting rockets into the US what do you think will happen? We would invade and bomb the shit out of them.

So just because they were there before, doesn't mean they can just take the land back and bomb the crap out of it. Just because you can bomb the shit out of a country doesn't mean it's right. USA has the blood of 200 000 people in Iraq on their hands based off from nothing. Just because the companies wanted oil and Halliburton wanted war money. Hell Dick Cheney freaking lobbied for them...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You aren't series. You clearly have a bias. Read your posts again. Hell this is the first time I've seen your posts and I can already tell what you back.

Do you really want to argue about if its bad that women and children are being murdered because of some bombings that are as futile as the Hamas rockets are in hitting the actual targets?

I hope you are not seriously suggesting that we even need to have a debate about that and there is absolute no justification for such an atrocious act no matter who does it.

Straw man. I have had no such discussion with you. But if you attack another country stands to reason you will have casualties. And an appeal to emotion doesn't change that.

I think you need to read up on what a Strawman actually is before using it in a debate where it has no place.

Also you really need to get a better understanding of the whole situation, its not the gaza people attacking Israel and its not 2 countries in war, its one of the worlds best trained and most advanced armed military against a bunch of peasants with some home made rockets from the 70´s who couldn't hit a target if it was 20 yeards from it.

It is as i said like sitting in a tank and then having someone throw pebbles on the it. and instead of stepping outside and finding the culprits calling in an airstrike.

I know exactly what straw man means....and you are attributing an argument I did not make. You are biased toward one side and it's pointless discussing this with you as it won't change your mind. HAMAS is NOT a group of peasants. And frankly it doesn't matter. If you shoot rockets into another nation it's an act of war and as such that nation has a right to defend itself.

I see you did not reply when I mentioned that 3 mortar shells were lobbed into Israel from Palestine at the start of the five hour cease fire and that a rocket was sent in when the cease fire ended. The blood of the women and children is on the hands of those who start the fighting.

Clearly you don't know what it means since it has no meaning in the context you used it in.

And again i am not bias against any side, i have no preconceived opinion about either side, what i do have is a knowledge of the facts and can see what is happening right now and if you really think that the murder of innocent children and women and elderly are "bias" you clearly have a huge problem with the truth and clearly have a huge bias against the palestinian people.

Does Israel have a right to stop the attacks sure they have, but they dont have a right to just randomly drop bombs on targets where it clearly isn't "hamas". but civilians.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

So just because they were there before, doesn't mean they can just take the land back and bomb the crap out of it. Just because you can bomb the shit out of a country doesn't mean it's right. USA has the blood of 200 000 people in Iraq on their hands based off from nothing. Just because the companies wanted oil and Halliburton wanted war money. Hell Dick Cheney freaking lobbied for them...

Oh please, shut the **** up.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 The_Last_Ride

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

LOL... Nice counter argument...

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

I don't need to argue with you. You're full of shit, as always. I've proven this in every other thread I've argued with you in.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

Neither. **** 'em both.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

I don't need to argue with you. You're full of shit, as always. I've proven this in every other thread I've argued with you in.

ahahaha, when did you do that? Never...

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By GazaAli

@themajormayor said:

@GazaAli said:

@BossPerson said:

@GazaAli said:

This is ultimately the most important thing. It's impossible for anyone to think that Israel is currently setting itself up for long term sustainability.

Although it does have nuclear weapons and I feel they're willing to use them if need be.

And they may very well use them but it would only postpone the inevitable. More importantly, the extremely narrow geographic depth of Israel makes it impossible for them to use nukes on neighbors such as Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and to a lesser extent Egypt, and they certainly won't be able to use them on us the Palestinians of the occupied Palestinian territories and the some ~2 million Israeli Arabs. Hell, we, the Palestinians of the occupied territories, can "occupy" Israel on our own if we just marched towards its soil provided that the U.S wouldn't send its drones to annihilate us in the way.

I personally think that if Israel uses its nukes as a last resort it would be the final nail in the coffin of its perishment. It would be like their final and most grand act of savagery against us. So it wouldn't really do much and it certainly won't deter us. Israel has no idea what it itself has been brewing for the past few decades. It reminds me of where the Jews where in Europe some 250 years ago, with the Palestinians being in their shoes now and whatnot.

Why didn't you march towards its soil long before U.S started to support Israel militarily? And without the support of any arab state or the soviet and what not. (Israel only has Israeli drones btw, it's the US that has Israeli drones.

Let me try and roughly explain to you how occupation operates from the perspective of someone who is suffering from it. When a force decides to occupy a place, the first thing that it will utilize is brutality and savagery in order to terrorize the inhabitants and instill in them fear and submission. It seeks to displace them in order to bury their national identity and fragment their unity as a people. Israel achieved that through the likes of the Irgun and Haganah and the massacres they committed in order to force us Palestinians to flee our homes and seek refuge in different parts of the world. They continued to perpetuate that after the six days war through the IDF. This severely dismantles the fabric of the occupied people, rendering their first generation impotent, crippled, frightened, fragmented and ruined people that can only afford to think about restoring a semblance of a life for themselves. Such people are incapable of doing anything worthwhile, let alone emancipating themselves. But they eventually succeed in restoring a semblance of a life that their posterity inherits. They also manage to restore a part of their being as a people and as human beings. Despite my current ruin and immiseration I'm still better off than my parents were at my age and right now my parents are frightened of the war yet I can't say that I myself am afraid. I'm certainly frustrated, saddened, angry and to an extent depressed, but I'm not frightened. I'm of a young age yet I'm more skilled and knowledgeable than my parents ever were. The brutality and savagery of the occupier depreciate with time, and they progressively lose their potency which means that the occupier will need to increase the intensity of these to maintain their effects, the effects that enable it to remain an occupying force in control of the situation on the ground. He will need to increase the intensity of his brutality and savagery, and he will need to exacerbate the immiseration of the people and their deprivation of their basic rights. This cycle is repeated with every generation of posterity that comes into being, but it continues to build up on what has already accumulated and achieved by antecedent generations until those people possess the momentum to turn the table on their occupier and abolish it decisively. This occurs very subtly to the point where its impossible for the occupier, and possibly for the occupied alike, to be aware of any of it. He can only see his hegemony and the ruin of those people and therefore he'd laugh at the prospect of his demise and the triumph of those lowly beings.

Thankfully, we have history to regard as an authority on this. There are two modes of occupation: one that manages to transform the status quo to a point of no-return through genocide, assimilation, federalism...etc, and one that fails to do so, resulting in an ongoing struggle between two peoples. If we look at history we'll realize that the former persists while the latter is doomed to fail and cease to be. Usually, the first few years or couple of decades are enough to judge as to what type an occupation belongs. Obviously, the Israeli occupation belongs to that second type of occupation and so it will cease to be.

I probably won't witness the emancipation of my people, but perhaps by the time that my to-be kids have become men and women of ripe age we as a people would have accumulated enough momentum to acquire emancipation and the historical movement would have converged to the abolition of our oppressor. That is what I believe to be the inevitable outcome of this conflict. I think that it is worth mentioning that a number of Israeli politicians, analysts and leaders were of the same opinion over the years, which is why they feverishly advocated for an end to the status of Israel as an occupying force.
Now, I'd be interested to learn of what you believe as someone who associates with Israel.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Clearly you don't know what it means since it has no meaning in the context you used it in.

And again i am not bias against any side, i have no preconceived opinion about either side, what i do have is a knowledge of the facts and can see what is happening right now and if you really think that the murder of innocent children and women and elderly are "bias" you clearly have a huge problem with the truth and clearly have a huge bias against the palestinian people.

Does Israel have a right to stop the attacks sure they have, but they dont have a right to just randomly drop bombs on targets where it clearly isn't "hamas". but civilians.

Uh..it's you who has misunderstood the term. Stick to the actual conversation and don't veer off.

You do have a bias. It comes through in all your posts. When you demonize one side and apology for the other....that is a bias. Knowledge of what facts? You conveniently haven't responded to any of the facts.

If you had knowledge of the situation....which you don't....then you would know HAMAS hides behind civilians. That is from where the bombs are coming.

If as you claim you don't have a bias then I suggest some education on the matter.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@geniobastardo said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

and then crusades happened and Muslims took control of Jerusalem.

*CLAPPING*

and now the Jews have control over jerusalem. rightfully so too. That was always the jews land. None of the neighboring Muslim countries want anything to do with the palestinians.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

The problem is that you have two governments that are not interested in peace, and a whole shit load of civilians stuck in the middle of their mess.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By The_Last_Ride

I think this picture says it all

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@The_Last_Ride: It actually doesn't....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@LJS9502_basic said:

Oh really? Then tell me what it doesn't tell us? Because it looks like a one sided slaughter

chocolate234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 chocolate234
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@The Last Ride

For one, the information on Israeli deaths was out of date a while before you posted it, and the information on injuries and other subjects is a flat out lie. Israeli civilians have been injured since the rocket fire began. It also leaves out the context of how the deaths happened, who fired first, ect.

If Israel was actually engaging in 'random bombing' as one poster put it, there would be tens of thousands dead. When an air force like the IAF carries out more than 1000 bombings and kills a fraction of that many people, it's because it is trying not to kill people. If the US or any NATO country were carrying out a similar campaign the death toll would be several times higher, if not several magnitudes higher. How many civilians were killed by Nato in the Balkan wars of the 90s, or in Iraq and Afghanistan?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 The_Last_Ride

@chocolate234 said:

@The Last Ride

For one, the information on Israeli deaths was out of date a while before you posted it, and the information on injuries and other subjects is a flat out lie. Israeli civilians have been injured since the rocket fire began. It also leaves out the context of how the deaths happened, who fired first, ect.

If Israel was actually engaging in 'random bombing' as one poster put it, there would be tens of thousands dead. When an air force like the IAF carries out more than 1000 bombings and kills a fraction of that many people, it's because it is trying not to kill people. If the US or any NATO country were carrying out a similar campaign the death toll would be several times higher, if not several magnitudes higher. How many civilians were killed by Nato in the Balkan wars of the 90s, or in Iraq and Afghanistan?

70 - 80% are civilians aka innocent bystanders that Israel is killing... They might not be random bombings, but they are sure as hell not caring about the colleteral damage... If they really cared, then they would have done covert operations with small teams of their best infiltrating buildings and the tunnels. I'm ex military, i know the difference between brute force and carefully planned operations

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 The_Last_Ride

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jacanuk: Palestinian militants fired a rocket into Israel just as 5 hour humanitarian cease fired ended. They also fired 3 mortar shells after the truce took effect. Israel has not responded to either attack but said it would if they continued. Israel is not the aggressor here dude.

the ceasefire was not agreed by the palestinians, only by the egyptians and Israel. They never agreed to the terms

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I still think Israel should just bomb the whole strip to rubble, then bulldoze it and build condos and be done with it.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Israeli Hitler. Never thought I'd see the day.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Hexagon_777

Powerful video.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LJS9502_basic

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Oh really? Then tell me what it doesn't tell us? Because it looks like a one sided slaughter

Looks like someone ignoring reality to me and posting pretend stats.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Hexagon_777
@LJS9502_basic said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Hey, aren't you the guy that made the discovery of pebbles and rocket launchers not being the same thing, clearly missing the metaphor? lol. Going by what I've read, if I throw a rock through your window, you'll burn down my house and be perfectly justified in doing so. That's an extreme and very frightening attitude we have here. Very dangerous.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Please enlighten us here, what is the reality? care to post your idea of a source on the conflict.

Because so far you are acting more and more like someone who closes his eyes and ears and just runs around yelling nananananananana i cant hear you so its not true.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

It seems what Israel is doing is more of a military exercise than an actual combat operation. Three days have passed and no word of tunnels or Hamas or their rockets. I did question their tactics the day they started their ground invasion. If you're going to take out some tunnels all you need is a bunch of highly trained soldiers, radars to recon the areas and some infantry carrying choppers to deploy those soldiers.

It seems what Israel is trying to do is to also inflict some terror along they way.

chocolate234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 chocolate234
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@ The Last Ride

Given that Hamas is instructing its people to report every death as a 'civilian' no matter who it is and how the number of civilians killed in Israeli operations has always been greatly exaggerated I am sure that those percentages are way off.

And you think the way to deal with hundred or thousands of weapons caches and rocket launchers is to send crack troops to destroy them individually? And you say you're military? 'Covert operations' does not cover that many targets at once, not even close. The sheer number of targets means that once troops are involved the number of troops needed goes into the tens of thousands. And how do these mythical troops go about destroying the rocket launchers and weapons caches without explosives? It's not like they can carry therm back into Israel once they've infiltrated the buildings.

NATO, which you claim would not act the way Israel has, has carried out many massive air-bombing campaigns, with much higher death tolls, including among civilians, than Israel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_bombing_of_Yugoslavia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_intervention_in_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_military_intervention_in_Libya What makes these air-strikes so much more acceptable than Israel's?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LJS9502_basic

@Hexagon_777 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Hey, aren't you the guy that made the discovery of pebbles and rocket launchers not being the same thing, clearly missing the metaphor? lol. Going by what I've read, if I throw a rock through your window, you'll burn down my house and be perfectly justified in doing so. That's an extreme and very frightening attitude we have here. Very dangerous.

You do know ti's rockets being shot into Israel not pebbles? That is the most stupid "metaphor" I've heard by an apologist yet.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jacanuk: Palestinian militants fired a rocket into Israel just as 5 hour humanitarian cease fired ended. They also fired 3 mortar shells after the truce took effect. Israel has not responded to either attack but said it would if they continued. Israel is not the aggressor here dude.

the ceasefire was not agreed by the palestinians, only by the egyptians and Israel. They never agreed to the terms

Fine. They attacked....they get why they deserve then. Stop whining about what Israel is doing. You seem to support violence.