Isnt **** marriage kind of an oxy moron?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

brb vowed in a church before "god"

brb homosexuality is a sin

i dont get why gay people are so eager to get married especially when it goes against religion which is what marriage is supposed to be about. So why are gays so eager to get married? is it something to do with tax breaks?

i dont understand the hype behind marriages

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

i dont get why gay people are so eager to get married especially when it goes against religion which is what marriage is supposed to be about. So why are gays so eager to get married? is it something to do with tax breaks?

mingmao3046

brb...lou can get married without the church...god or any other mythical being...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Because marriage and religion have nothing to do with each other.

Heisenderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Heisenderp
Member since 2011 • 815 Posts

mingmao3046

Nobody who's not living in a Muslim state or the US gives a fck about religion anymore. Of course it's for the tax breaks, what do you think?

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
> which is what marriage is supposed to be about. why did you do this
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

mingmao3046

There is no church, deity or religion necessary for marriage.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

muskox1.jpg

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

I'm going to make my own religion, and in it, only human men and female wolves can be married. That's right. Two different species. Anyone other species or genders that try to get married are being immoral and will be going to my religion's version of hell.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Because marriage is first and foremost a tradition of society as a whole, not just a religion's.

Hence why even atheists can and want to get married.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Omni-Slash

Nobody who's not living in a Muslim state or the US gives a fck about religion anymore. Of course it's for the tax breaks, what do you think?

Heisenderp
It's not necessarily all about tax breaks......there's something about committing your lives to each other in front of your friends and family that many still find appealing...
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

Marriage was never, and has never been a religious institution. Early marriage was simply an exchange of useful skills...a farmer would marry a woman who could assist with farming, a potter would marry a woman who could help with that, etc. There's nothing religious about traditional marriage.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

Marriage was never, and has never been a religious institution. Early marriage was simply an exchange of useful skills...a farmer would marry a woman who could assist with farming, a potter would marry a woman who could help with that, etc. There's nothing religious about traditional marriage.

Andrew_Xavier

When you research marriage it doesn't pop up legally until civilization. And those marriages and authority came from religion.

I'm not religious but marriage and the legality behind it is based in religion.

dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
[QUOTE="Heisenderp"]

Omni-Slash
It's not necessarily all about tax breaks......there's something about committing your lives to each other in front of your friends and family that many still find appealing...

Pff. It's all about dat paperrr boii.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

I'm going to make my own religion, and in it, only human men and female wolves can be married. That's right. Two different species. Anyone other species or genders that try to get married are being immoral and will be going to my religion's version of hell.

Animatronic64

It would be religious discrimination not to force your opinions on to everybody else.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Are you even remotely familiar with what an oxymoron is?
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrPraline
Are you even remotely familiar with what an oxymoron is?spazzx625
OP is an oxy moron
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mingmao3046
[QUOTE="Heisenderp"]

Omni-Slash

so why must the law / government be brought into the equation
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Animatronic64
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Are you even remotely familiar with what an oxymoron is?MrPraline
OP is an oxy moron

nah, just a moron.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="Heisenderp"]

mingmao3046

You could say the same for religion.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 spazzx625
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Are you even remotely familiar with what an oxymoron is?MrPraline
OP is an oxy moron

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Omni-Slash
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"] so why must the law / government be brought into the equation

because of simple traditions such as changing of the name...etc...govt is already wrapped around the individual...why would a joining of the two not have governmental implications?....
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mingmao3046
Are you even remotely familiar with what an oxymoron is?spazzx625
contradictory terms............as in gays want to become one under god's house yet god is supposed to be against gay marriage
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="Heisenderp"]

mingmao3046

That's what I'm wondering. If two gay people want to live with each other, love each other, etc. for life I say go for it. But why the need to make it a legal and government issue?
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#24 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

You know what's really an oxymoron? An intelligent mingmao post.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Women getting an education is anti-christian, and we don't prevent women from getting an education. Religion shouldn't even be considered when it comes to state, because people simply only spread views they like, and ignore the others they dislike, even if it comes from the same source.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="Omni-Slash"] It's not necessarily all about tax breaks......there's something about committing your lives to each other in front of your friends and family that many still find appealing...KC_Hokie

That's what I'm wondering. If two gay people want to live with each other, love each other, etc. for life I say go for it. But why the need to make it a legal and government issue?

Why do straight people want to make it a legal/government issue?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lol, religous peeps.

jesus left you with some pretty simple ass shyt to do that even a child could figure out and what are you doing?

judging and harming segments of society that are weaker than yourselves.

did you even read that ****ing novel they left in all the hotel rooms?

if what they do is wrong they will either get punished or not get punished but you have a 100% chance of being punished by being a bunch of jerks that harm the people around you for your own personal reasons.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mingmao3046
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"] so why must the law / government be brought into the equation

because of simple traditions such as changing of the name...etc...govt is already wrapped around the individual...why would a joining of the two not have governmental implications?....

so changing your name is somehow supposed to make you two love eachother more? it just all seems so superficial to me
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Animatronic64
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Are you even remotely familiar with what an oxymoron is?mingmao3046
contradictory terms............as in gays want to become one under god's house yet god is supposed to be against gay marriage

While I'm sure there are some gay Christians who would love to be married under God's house or whatever, I doubt that's what the debate is about.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 worlock77

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Are you even remotely familiar with what an oxymoron is?mingmao3046

Again, marriage has nothing to do with religion.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Omni-Slash

so changing your name is somehow supposed to make you two love eachother more? it just all seems so superficial to memingmao3046
Umm it has nothing to do with loving each other more.....but their is a commitment and dedication attached to it.....makes it a lot harder just to walk away when you'v had a **** day with your significant other....and I'm not commenting on should or should nots...just on what is...

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"] so why must the law / government be brought into the equationtoast_burner

Because that's what it's turned into....a legal/government issue.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 worlock77

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="Omni-Slash"] It's not necessarily all about tax breaks......there's something about committing your lives to each other in front of your friends and family that many still find appealing...KC_Hokie

Yeah, wanting the same rights and benefits as any other citizen is really silly.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Andrew_Xavier

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

KC_Hokie

When you research marriage it doesn't pop up legally until civilization. And those marriages and authority came from religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

Not at all. Marriage pre-dates modern religions ffs.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 spazzx625

Yeah...About that. Marriage doesn't belong to Christianity. Also, gay marriage" still wouldn't be an oxymoron.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]That's what I'm wondering. If two gay people want to live with each other, love each other, etc. for life I say go for it. But why the need to make it a legal and government issue? KC_Hokie

Then why are you singling out gays?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]Are you even remotely familiar with what an oxymoron is?spazzx625

Yeah...About that. Marriage doesn't belong to Christianity. Also, gay marriage" still wouldn't be an oxymoron.

Yeah, a "happy marriage" isn't allowed :P
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"] so why must the law / government be brought into the equation

so changing your name is somehow supposed to make you two love eachother more? it just all seems so superficial to me

Besides love and companionship, there are many benefits to marriage, especially in the eyes of the law. In fact, there are 1,138 federal benefits, rights and responsibilities associated with marriage There are some important benefits of marriage.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Andrew_Xavier

There were monogamous relationships since cave man times. But the legality of marriage in civilization came from religious authority.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]Why do straight people want to make it a legal/government issue?

toast_burner

The issue is gay marriage not polygamy or bestiality or whatever.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Why is it so many gay marriage threads
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]When you research marriage it doesn't pop up legally until civilization. And those marriages and authority came from religion.

KC_Hokie

There were monogamous relationships since cave man times. But the legality of marriage in civilization came from religious authority.

I have seen no evidence to support that. Hell, they had legal gay marriages in ancient greece...long pre-dating the silly work of fiction you're claiming marriage to be associated with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Because that's what it's turned into....a legal/government issue. KC_Hokie

What? I never mentioned beastiality or polygamy.

what I'm asking is, if marriage already is a legal issue then why are you complaining about gays making it one?

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24949 Posts
I'm a Christian, and I think same-sex marriage is useless.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrPraline
I'm a Christian, and I think same-sex marriage is useless.ArmoredCore55
Useless how? How has straight marriage more "use"? To whom?
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Andrew_Xavier

I have seen no evidence to support that. Hell, they had legal gay marriages in ancient greece...long pre-dating the silly work of fiction you're claiming marriage to be associated with.

Go to the dawn of civilization (Egypt, Mesopotamia) the legal authority behind those marriages was religious in nature.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="ArmoredCore55"]I'm a Christian, and I think same-sex marriage is useless.MrPraline

God obviously. He feeds of married couples, single or gay people don't taste as good.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 worlock77

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]When you research marriage it doesn't pop up legally until civilization. And those marriages and authority came from religion.

KC_Hokie

That may have been true thousands of years ago, but in our society the legality of marriage has not a goddamnd thing to do with religion.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="ArmoredCore55"]I'm a Christian, and I think same-sex marriage is useless.toast_burner

God obviously. He feeds of married couples, single or gay people don't taste as good.

oh, i see i thought he just likes the children and gay couples can adopt so god doesn't lose much
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]Then why are you singling out gays?

toast_burner

What? I never mentioned beastiality or polygamy.

what I'm asking is, if marriage already is a legal issue then why are you complaining about gays making it one?

What's the purpose of making gay marriage legal? How does society benefit?