Is there any time of your life that you can't remember?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Lately, people keep telling me I said such and such a thing. But, I don't remember at all.

Does anyone else have memory issues?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

I forget things, but I will generally remember if I am reminded or given details.

There was one time where I was watching a movie with my roommate and we had seen it before but I didn't remember. Not for like most of the movie. I remembered the ending for some reason. But for like an hour I thought she was messing with me because I did not remember anything about it.

It was very unsettling to be honest; I never really forgot anything like it never happened before. I mean don't get me wrong, I do forget certain details but never the whole thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

My memory is mostly good but I'm sure my brain has blocked out alot of painful memories. I have a great memory for the most mundane things in my past like years and months where I was playing a certain video game or watching a tv series.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Lots, terrible memory. Get alot of things muddled up.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Actually I was talking with my parents yesterday about a 1-week trip we went on when I was 13 and I realized I barely remember anything about it aside from a few details. I wasn't that young, feel like I should be able to recall more.

I also tend to forget the plots of books I read a few years back.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Not that I don't remember these times, but back in the day when I was partying and going to shows all the time, drinking lots and experimental with drugs - much of it is a blur.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56071 Posts

I can still remember some of the things I did/do when I was still a toddler. This may sound weird but at any time my body is fully relaxed, I often hit a memory trigger meaning I can remember the things I did in my teenage years and so on. I'm always active and rarely forget but, I do however will or often forget what I said on GS forums if what I said happened a year ago, I'll forget what I said on my post at times.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

There's tons of crap I can't honestly remember. There's also a lot of stuff I can't "seem to recall.' Sometimes things move along more smoothly if you "can't recall."

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

I've always had a hard time recalling what I ate a few days ago. Things like that never stick around in my brain, I can't even remember what I ate all those times that I've been food poisoned. I only remember the aftermath and suffering in those cases 😵‍💫

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

i can't remember pretty much all of kindergarten. weirdly, i definitely have memories from prior times though.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

I have no memory from 0-5 years old. After that my memories and moments have stayed in tact. One issue I have is forgetting peoples names.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15991 Posts

My teenage years. It's probably better that I don't remember it. I went through some terrible, depressing times.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2133 Posts

Forgot close to everything pre school and the special occasions I can recall are like stand alone short films without any additional context so I can't really say what year something happened even if I clearly recall the event itself.

Have issues it dates in general, usually can't remember when something happened with any better accuracy than 2-3 years, let alone month or day. Must be because my life is so boring that there's no point in paying attention to time in the first place - everything just feels the same.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

Lol its true we are all moving on from this world even while living. Life in it is that much a snooze fest, its like none of it really matters. I have memories of elementary and middle scool and highschool but its literally like a couple memories here and there, eventhough i attended class for 12 years lol.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1392 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: Ey, remember the 100 bucks you borrowed from me 2 month ago...?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

I forget many trivial things like stuff I've said or heard or seen, but remember most major stuff from when I was around 3 and up. Remember living with my parents before they split up, remember all the schools I went to, all jobs I've had, my past interests and ways of thinking. The people I've befriended, my teachers, colleges. I'd say I remember most of my 34 year life.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

@palasta: Nope!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

Happens all the time, friends and family remind me of stuff I don't remember. Sometimes I remember when they tell me and sometimes I still can't remember and have to take their word for it. When it happens it scares me like I am getting too old.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

I got myself into this unfair streetfight against 3 other guys 6 years ago and when i got punched into my left jaw, about 10 minutes of my life have mysteriously been vanished from that second on.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts

I have a small scar next to my eye (thankfully vision is fine). I got it when I was a kid. The story goes that I was playing with my cousin and he accidentally pushed me over a railing, causing the side of my head to smack against a sharp corner of the bottom of the rail. Or something like that anyway.

I have absolutely no memory of this actually happening.

Koinonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Koinonia
Member since 2016 • 22 Posts

I disremember old memories that were bad, so I do not let it take root in my life later. I say, no regrets, if I made some mistakes like trying to get popular in school to college for nawt. It works because I can't put my finger what happened looking forward to what I got now. If we're talking amnesia, well, can I count this as it loosely please?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Yesterday,10pm - 1am.

My brain's basically swiss cheese at this point... most impulses get lost somewhere en route. And that's fine. Probably when I start going out with only one side of my face shaved, it won't be, but maybe I won't care by that point. That's the nice thing about blind spots - you're generally not aware of them.