Is there an author that you still read, even though you no longer like them?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

For me, Terry Goodkind. I used to really enjoy him with his Sword of the Truth series, but after he took a break from writing and then returned with new works, he's just been very boring. I also take issue with him killing off his characters just to bring them back. Death means nothing if they don't stay dead. Now, he's still continuing his characters' stories with a set of novellas that takes place immediately after his initial series. I'm reading them because I feel invested in the characters and their world, not because I still care about Goodkind...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I still read the Harry Potter series even though I can’t stand Rowling and what she’s been doing to the series on twitter. I just disregard her tweets.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

I read most of Michael Chrichton's books but his last few just weren't that good. That was actually what convinced me to stop reading everything an author I liked wrote, and started reading reviews first before investing the time.

Also read the mainline Dune books even though the last 3 weren't all that great, but I never read any Herbert outside that series.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#4 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

I still read Lovecraft, despite him being kind of a garbage person.