Is Obama the best president ever?

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By samanthademeste

Poll Is Obama the best president ever? (92 votes)

Yes 22%
No 76%

Do you think Obama is the best president ever?

• 
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#101 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

self defense and death by drone are not the same thing, a guy saying things that are not inline with your propaganda is not the same as someone pointing a gun at you, and even if it were killing a persons family because that person does not agree with you is unjustifiable, and if you think it is justifiable how many degrees of separation does that condemnation extend in your mind?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: according to who? and to your question for sun, why indeed?

you do not seem to get the whole judicial process and its purpose.

sometimes police officers have to put people down who are a threat to others.

same thing right?

If someone is in the middle of killing someone or about to kill someone and the cops show up, then yes, they are going to stop the threat. But cops don't go to a murderers house and blow him away to prevent him from doing it again. He's arrested and taken to court and he goes through due process.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 surrealnumber5

@plageus900 said:
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: according to who? and to your question for sun, why indeed?

you do not seem to get the whole judicial process and its purpose.

sometimes police officers have to put people down who are a threat to others.

same thing right?

If someone is in the middle of killing someone or about to kill someone and the cops show up, then yes, they are going to stop the threat. But cops don't go to a murderers house and blow him away to prevent him from doing it again. He's arrested and taken to court and he goes through due process.

*suspected* *alleged* due process and all that, just a little point of contention.

like with the when the cops shot up that blue truck with the two ladies in it looking for chris dorner, just because some jack off with a gun(or drone) has a theory it does not make them even remotely right. but we are on the same due process page.

DrewB20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 DrewB20
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

here's a cool grafic that pretty much sums up the issue

http://www.statista.com/statistics/281618/rating-of-us-presidents-since-eisenhower/

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#105 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@Netret0120: What positives? I have tried to find one but I can't. He is an affirmative action president.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#106 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I can't believe there is 24% approval rating.Still to high.Quite a few of you Americans are so dense.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Well, we're just going to argue in circles. My opinion is that in extreme circumstance, due process should be suspended.

He was a terrorist on another countries soil. Had we tried to capture him, soldiers could have died, and he would have likely never returned to this country. In the mean time, he would have planned another attack and people could have died.

So I just put the values of whatever lives would have been saved over due process.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 plageus900

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Well, we're just going to argue in circles. My opinion is that in extreme circumstance, due process should be suspended.

He was a terrorist on another countries soil. Had we tried to capture him, soldiers could have died, and he would have likely never returned to this country. In the mean time, he would have planned another attack and people could have died.

So I just put the values of whatever lives would have been saved over due process.

If he were on native soil, would you have condoned a drone strike?

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

The economy was bad when he took the presidency; now it's far worse. Next two years I wouldn't give any real hope, things'll be much more crippled considering his moronic facist health plan and war against the middle class. I thought this question was a joke.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch

@plageus900 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

If he were on native soil, would you have condoned a drone strike?

no, if his location was known, police, swat, ect. could have captured him.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 surrealnumber5

@MakeMeaSammitch: drones have operators, their location was known that is why they died.

but as long as your god says they were bad that is all you need to justify their deaths.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

@metalgrinch said:

The economy was bad when he took the presidency; now it's far worse. Next two years I wouldn't give any real hope, things'll be much more crippled considering his moronic facist health plan and war against the middle class. I thought this question was a joke.

lol

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 MakeMeaSammitch

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: drones have operators, their location was known that is why they died.

but as long as your god says they were bad that is all you need to justify their deaths.

I'm not religious.

Capturing him would have meant troops on the ground, and some soldiers may have died.

I put more value on their lives than a terrorists rights.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

No, but he's still better than any modern day Republican and much better than any Libertarian wacko.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By surrealnumber5

@MakeMeaSammitch: the US has military bases all over the world, if they cant be used to protect the rights of its citizens then what is their point? and your god says men should die and you follow, you sir are religious.

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

I can't believe there is 24% approval rating.Still to high.Quite a few of you Americans are so dense.

Agreed.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

I'm not religious.

Capturing him would have meant troops on the ground, and some soldiers may have died.

You put more value on their lives than the lives of innocent civilians as well?

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MakeMeaSammitch

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: the US has military bases all over the world, if they cant be used to protect the rights of its citizens then what is their point? and your god says men should die and you follow, you sir are religious.

he was a terrorist.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

I'm not religious.

You put more value on their lives than the lives of innocent civilians as well?

you're not even trying. Both of you are getting trollish, so i'm done here.

you know my views, and I'm glad the terrorist is dead.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@metalgrinch said:

*syntax error*

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#121  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Remember kids:

Loading Video...
nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

Obama is ass

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 surrealnumber5

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

he was a terrorist.

he was innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of his peers.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By plageus900

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

he was a terrorist.

he was innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of his peers.

If you're a threat to the US Government, you don't have rights. Duh! :D

PS. In the US Declaration of Independence, it discusses the natural right to revolution. If a government is not performing to the desires of the people, it is the people's right and OBLIGATION to remove and replace said government.

Imagine that now. If that were to happen, we'd all be targeted for drone strikes.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#125  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

The man was never really qualified to be President and it shows. He is by far the worst President I can remember and I can remember back to Nixon. It's going to take a really long time for this country to recover after he leaves office. My grand kids will probably still be paying off his spending.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@metalgrinch said:

By what measure? Certainly not by a measure of unemployment.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 surrealnumber5

@Serraph105 said:

@metalgrinch said:

By what measure? Certainly not by a measure of unemployment.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Obama is a monkey, George Bush was a fucking baboon.

You do realize that a baboon is a type of monkey, right?

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

Yes We can.

I believe JFK was more popular and well received but Obama has his positives too. Bush was a disaster.

People would've hated JFK if he hadn't been assassinated. His approval rating was dropping like crazy after it peaked during the cuban missile crisis and there was good chance he would not have been reelected (and his policies were pretty similar to Kennedy and people ended up hating that guy.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

no...

Hahaha. That Fox News chart.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

Is he the best? No.

Is he the worst? Also no.

The President has become nothing more than a figure head. All of congress needs to either die or retire. We need fresh young minds running our country, not a bunch of old hags that cling to the ideas of the past. Our founding fathers are from a time before world trade, the internet and the advent of modern technology. America is a young country that needs to get over itself and grow up.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Jacobistheman said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Obama is a monkey, George Bush was a fucking baboon.

You do realize that a baboon is a type of monkey, right?

Yeah I'm calling them both monkeys. But I wanted to make George Bush sound worse, he's an asshole.

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

@PinkiePirate said:

Is he the best? No.

The President has become nothing more than a figure head. All of congress needs to either die or retire. We need fresh young minds running our country, not a bunch of old hags that cling to the ideas of the past. Our founding fathers are from a time before world trade, the internet and the advent of modern technology. America is a young country that needs to get over itself and grow up.

by "fresh young minds" do you mean a bunch of pseudo-intellectual hipster teenagers?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By plageus900

@samanthademeste said:

@PinkiePirate said:

Is he the best? No.

by "fresh young minds" do you mean a bunch of pseudo-intellectual hipster teenagers?

Preferably some college know-it-alls that have the answers to world hunger and world peace.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@jimkabrhel said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ariabed said:

@jimkabrhel: so who was the best president? which president do you know that could please everyone all of the time?

Implying Obama pleases everybody. LOL What a fucking joke.

Reading comprehension is your friend. That's not what he was suggesting, rather the opposite. That no President could please everyone. But that's beside the point too. Obama isn't even pleasing the base that elected him, let alone the other side which is actively stonewalling hi at every turn.

Obama hasn't been helped by a useless Congress, but a good, dynamic President would find ways to overcome that, and not just let his/her agenda be sunk.

Ugh, the base can go suck a lemon. I honestly don't know how or why Democrats got suckered into bashing their own President (whose policies, by the way, they seem to mostly support) but I honestly can't stand it. Do you care about environmental protection? An equitable tax code? A strong economic security net? Opportunities for higher education? Decent policy on primary and secondary education? Increased access to healthcare? If you don't then by all means, keep bashing President Obama. We'll buy right into the conservative echo chamber and ensure the Congress gets handed right over to Paul Ryan and the Republicans (maybe the Presidency as well) and then we'll be on the losing side of all of those issues. I know most Democrats don't agree with everything the President has done, but it's better to actually make some progress on these issues rather than just get steamrolled and sent back to square one. You do remember the Bush Presidency, do you not? You do remember Clinton-era environmental reforms being demolished, taxes being slashed at the worst possible time, education policy going off the rails? We're primed for far worse than that. Look at Ryan's budget and the House bills that are being passed, if that's what you want for this country then keep throwing President Obama under the bus. Not agreeing with everything President Obama does is understandable, as is voicing that disagreement. What isn't understandable is not defending him when you do agree with something he does, and then going even farther and jumping on the Obama-bashing bandwagon.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#136  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@theone86 said:

@jimkabrhel said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ariabed said:

@jimkabrhel: so who was the best president? which president do you know that could please everyone all of the time?

Reading comprehension is your friend. That's not what he was suggesting, rather the opposite. That no President could please everyone. But that's beside the point too. Obama isn't even pleasing the base that elected him, let alone the other side which is actively stonewalling hi at every turn.

Obama hasn't been helped by a useless Congress, but a good, dynamic President would find ways to overcome that, and not just let his/her agenda be sunk.

taxes being slashed at the worst possible time

Is there ever a good time to slash taxes?

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 samanthademeste

@plageus900 said:

@samanthademeste said:

@PinkiePirate said:

Is he the best? No.

Preferably some college know-it-alls that have the answers to world hunger and world peace.

Yeah, the type who walk around saying; "hurr durr, institutions are evil."

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

One of the worst as far as I am concerned. I am sure he isn't worst though but no where near best. I can't wait till he is done.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#139 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

better then FDR ????TF

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 surrealnumber5

@plageus900 said:

@samanthademeste said:

@PinkiePirate said:

Is he the best? No.

stop shooting people and grow more food, the path to world peace and the end to hunger.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#142 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

why so many thread delete here?? oprah's conspiracy??

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@theone86 said:

@jimkabrhel said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ariabed said:

taxes being slashed at the worst possible time

Is there ever a good time to slash taxes?

Probably not slash, but a good time to lower taxes is during economic downturns (that is if there's not already a funding issue within the government). There might not be a good time to slash taxes, but there are better times than others. At the same time that you're conducting two wars and paying for a medicare expansion is probably the worst time you can pick.

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By samanthademeste

@brimmul777:

He's a Democrat. That excuses everything.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts

No, probably one of the 10 worst presidents behind Carter, Wilson, Hoover, LBJ, Nixon, and Harding

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#146 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

@Masculus said:

He's the best black president... Oh, wait, that was Clinton.

YES !!! I ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SAID THIS !!! EXACTLY !

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#148 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@reaper4278 said:

@ariabed said:

Ronald Reagan was probably the most "liked" president on both sides of the aisle in modern history.

This is true, but I like him less now that the most unlikeable people imaginable continuously refer to themselves as "Reagan Republicans". They completely misunderstand what made Reagan popular and it drives me insane.

Reagan wouldn't even fit into the Republican party now, with how extreme the party has become..

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#149 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@Masculus said:

He's the best black president... Oh, wait, that was Clinton.

Lincoln

Sephir0th_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Sephir0th_
Member since 2004 • 1378 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

One of the worst as far as I am concerned. I am sure he isn't worst though but no where near best. I can't wait till he is done.