Is marijuana prohibition going down?

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

I started smoking weed when I was 14 I quit when I was 21. Everytime I smoke I get super paranoid. I was a heavy smoker I smoked 10 or more joints a day for years. I ended up in a psychosis from heavy use. I've gained a new appreciation for reality. I not one for telling other people what they can or can't do. Personally I hate drug addicts. 

Fightingfan

You probably were paranoid because you were doing something illegal.

Ignorance is bliss. No it also caused myself to suffer from severe anxiety for a period. Like **** and Alcohol it has negative side effects and does effect the brain. I believe this can be more severe in some people than others i also believe the effects mostly go by unknown by the user and then bang suddenly you have a major issue. Would be coolo if the laws in the UK in my case were relaxed but people just do things in excess no matter what! Legal or illegal! Generally it would be better legailised just no smoking in Public and some kind of control on the amount a user can have per month!

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="jdc6305"]

I started smoking weed when I was 14 I quit when I was 21. Everytime I smoke I get super paranoid. I was a heavy smoker I smoked 10 or more joints a day for years. I ended up in a psychosis from heavy use. I've gained a new appreciation for reality. I not one for telling other people what they can or can't do. Personally I hate drug addicts. 

jwsoul

Ignorance is bliss. No it also caused myself to suffer from severe anxiety for a period. Like **** and Alcohol it has negative side effects and does effect the brain. I believe this can be more severe in some people than others i also believe the effects mostly go by unknown by the user and then bang suddenly you have a major issue. Would be coolo if the laws in the UK in my case were relaxed but people just do things in excess no matter what! Legal or illegal! Generally it would be better legailised just no smoking in Public and some kind of control on the amount a user can have per month!

So, because it affected you negatively, you are willing to put down arbitrary restrictions that do nothing?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="jdc6305"]

jwsoul

Why should there be any kind of limit, and what do you honestly think that would accomplish?

CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

i thought it's been down for awhile now

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Thought I'd post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFC2IZe04EY

Nibroc420

There should be a Leonhart prohibition. Listening to her made me stupid.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#106 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

It's definitely more relaxed than it used to be. Hell, my work doesn't have drug tests because every single employee and both owners do it. You can even buy it from half the people.

Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

Do people still get thrown into jail for weed possession? Or just some community services? Does it hold on your record permanently?

Here in Brazil weed is illegal, but it won lead into jail if you get caught using it or holding, and if you play your cards right, no criminal records as well. But we still have a long way to go and I want to see weed completely legal as well   

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

Do people still get thrown into jail for weed possession? Or just some community services? Does it hold on your record permanently?

Here in Brazil weed is illegal, but it won lead into jail if you get caught using it or holding, and if you play your cards right, no criminal records as well. But we still have a long way to go and I want to see weed completely legal as well   

Adrianstalker

It depends on the state/city you are in.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Ex-DEA want legal action taken against the beatiful new legal states of Washington and Colorado. Link

Now why do you think they are doing this? It's because they all have their hands in cookie jars that will take a hit if the legalazation movement spreads. One of them works for an agency that adminsters employment drug tests, another works for a prescription drug company. It's obvious they have no interest in messing up their money and that is their only consern, forget state and personal rights when it comes down to the almighty dollar bill. 

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Ex-DEA want legal action taken against the beatiful new legal states of Washington and Colorado. Link

Now why do you think they are doing this? It's because they all have their hands in cookie jars that will take a hit if the legalazation movement spreads. One of them works for an agency that adminsters employment drug tests, another works for a prescription drug company. It's obvious they have no interest in messing up their money and that is their only consern, forget state and personal rights when it comes down to the almighty dollar bill. 

Yusuke420

Ex-DEA. Key word there: "ex". Meaning they no longer have any authority. Meaning it doesn't matter what they think.

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Rich3232
Has Holder made a statement on WA and CO legalizing cannabis yet?
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Yusuke420

Has Holder made a statement on WA and CO legalizing cannabis yet? Rich3232
Publicly? No, but in private talks with the heads of the respective governments, he basically gave them the green light to at least see how it goes. Expect no interferance from the feds on this. 

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Rich3232

[QUOTE="Rich3232"]Has Holder made a statement on WA and CO legalizing cannabis yet? Yusuke420

Publicly? No, but in private talks with the heads of the respective governments, he basically gave them the green light to at least see how it goes. Expect no interferance from the feds on this. 

Mhm, that's good news indeed. Hopefully, he won't do what Obama did and turn around and raid the dispensaries in Co and WA.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"]Has Holder made a statement on WA and CO legalizing cannabis yet? Rich3232

Mhm, that's good news indeed. Hopefully, he won't do what Obama did and turn around and raid the dispensaries in Co and WA.

Indeed, I take him at his word for now though as both states have been able to continue with each step of the process. Dispensaries have already started to covert into recreational sales. It won't be long before the advertisement for cannibus tourism begins and that will be a glorious day indeed. Finally shedding the shackles of oppression!

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Rich3232

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Publicly? No, but in private talks with the heads of the respective governments, he basically gave them the green light to at least see how it goes. Expect no interferance from the feds on this. 

Yusuke420

Indeed, I take him at his word for now though as both states have been able to continue with each step of the process. Dispensaries have already started to covert into recreational sales. It won't be long before the advertisement for cannibus tourism begins and that will be a glorious day indeed. Finally shedding the shackles of oppression!

I really, really hope so. Been far too long.
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Publicly? No, but in private talks with the heads of the respective governments, he basically gave them the green light to at least see how it goes. Expect no interferance from the feds on this. 

Yusuke420

I think it's already on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rwP3zj2GHc

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Rich3232

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] Mhm, that's good news indeed. Hopefully, he won't do what Obama did and turn around and raid the dispensaries in Co and WA. Adrianstalker

I think it's already on

I'm convinced.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Adrianstalker"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Indeed, I take him at his word for now though as both states have been able to continue with each step of the process. Dispensaries have already started to covert into recreational sales. It won't be long before the advertisement for cannibus tourism begins and that will be a glorious day indeed. Finally shedding the shackles of oppression!

Rich3232

I think it's already on

I'm convinced.

My body has been ready for a very long time. 

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Rich3232

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="Adrianstalker"]

I think it's already on

Yusuke420

I'm convinced.

Seriously, tho, that's gotta be some good sh*t if they can laugh that hard for that long.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#120 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
I hope not. I already have enough problems with alcoholics I don't need to deal with more intoxicants.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Rich3232
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]I hope not. I already have enough problems with alcoholics I don't need to deal with more intoxicants.

Good thing you don't have to worry about that with cannabis.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]I hope not. I already have enough problems with alcoholics I don't need to deal with more intoxicants.InEMplease

Good thing you don't have to worry about that with cannabis.

Just have to worry about leaving snack items lying around.  Those Doritos and Oreos won't stand a chance.

My roomate once stole my hotpockets when he was high. Damn him!!!!!!111!!!!1one!!!!

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] I'm convinced. Rich3232

Seriously, tho, that's gotta be some good sh*t if they can laugh that hard for that long.

Or a really funny person behind the camera :P
mzopfkeuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mzopfkeuc
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Rich3232
Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?mzopfkeuc
Many.
mzopfkeuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 mzopfkeuc
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="mzopfkeuc"]Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?Rich3232
Many.

Prove it.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

[QUOTE="mzopfkeuc"]Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?Rich3232
Many.

Didn't someone just link to Penn earlier in this thread? The whole world doesn't consist of children thankfully, so there are a lot of people out there who support freedoms that they don't take advantage of personally. Troll attempt?

Link

you ruse, gud day sir

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="mzopfkeuc"]Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?KHAndAnime
Many.

Didn't someone just link to Penn earlier in this thread? The whole world doesn't consist of children thankfully, so there are a lot of people out there who support freedoms that they don't take advantage of personally. Troll attempt?

He has 5 posts and joined yesterday. Can it be any more obvious?
Ernesto_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Ernesto_basic
Member since 2002 • 2123 Posts

It certainly seems to be the trend, right? There are certainly strong arguments in favor of decriminalizing it, considering we once prohibited the use of alcohol as well.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
The argument that only "potheads" care about legalisation is a joke. I haven't touched weed since chilling in the playground behind my old high school. Must've been 14 or 15. Long time ago (not for people like mzopfkeuc though).
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#133 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Must've been 14 or 15. Long time ago (not for people like mzopfkeuc though).MrPraline

lol

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Guybrush_3

Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?mzopfkeuc

It's really not uncommon.