Is it just where i live whats getting worse?.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

What a shit world we live in. I was Just out for a walk on the path (Side Walk). Any way I was walking and heard this loud laughing which I didn't pay any attention to. All off a sudden this lemon from no where just missed me as it was chucked at me. The thing is I didn't no where it came from either from a car window or people on path hiding in the ally across road . At the time I was in my own zone just walking so wasn't paying any attention until after.

I no its only a small thing what happened but if I went to police about it they would just put it to one side and think why waist our time on this. But then again if I did something back to the people who did it I would be first to get arrested. The only self defence weapon you can carry in the UK is a bloody rape alarm. I might get one of those Hand Pump Emergency Horn what you get for football matches and something happens like that and there in front of me set that off in there ear. Either that or a pretend walking stick.

It just not this what getting worse its just every ones behaviour especially school kids who now no that you cant do anything back to them. Again I was walking on path and it wasn't me this time but a kid was on his bike going fast and almost knocked this women over. She shouted "your not aloud on the path". he replied. YES YOU ARE YOU ******* B***H.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10582 Posts

Sounds like a bunch of kids (or the overgrown variety) having stupid fun. I'd just shake my head, avoid and ignore.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Should've made some lemonade with it.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3473 Posts

There's nothing we can do. Just ignore it and move on. Situation with silly kids are inevitable, we have to pass by it. Back then when I was walking past a group of kids, they made racist remarks towards me which was at time uncomfortable, but got over it straightaway.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

You need to watch the movie "I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore" it will pretty much help you cope with what you are going through right now.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18791 Posts

@SolidSnake35: "Should've made some lemonade with it."

Yeah people need to learn to make the best of any given situation.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

No, that's just those type of bored people who like to do silly shit but cry bloody murder when karma pays them back with no mercy. Nothing new. They exist everywhere...

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 skipper847

Bank holiday Monday today in the UK. This morning I awake to very loud music at 7:30AM. I went out to see who it was and another person where I live was already out taking his dog for a walk who I talk to. He said its coming from near him down street from a car as the person is cleaning it out. He was annoyed about it too and he was even up. Any way 1 minute later the music turned off so I think he said something to him. He said it was from a blue car next to him. I might go down and let all his tiers down later and put a note in his window just as warning not to drive cos your tiers been let down. But not say who its from obviously. :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts

Perhaps it's time.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

"But then again if I did something back to the people who did it I would be first to get arrested."

Just out of curiosity, what were you thinking of doing about it? What kind of retaliation is warranted when someone throws a lemon at you?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14799 Posts

Wtf is a rape alarm?

Anyways, I suggest traveling to shitty countries if you're able. Puts things into perspective.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By skipper847

@SOedipus: Its what police call them. Pocket size alarm what give of a loud alarm noise when pressed. They call them that because its mainly given to people who been attacked. Only thing what your aloud to carry apart from a walking stick.

btw. I shouldn't have to move to a worse country people no better here and other places whats more educated and better laws. You shouldn't have to go out any where really thinking what going to be like today. Even if its just a lemon and like I said below when is it When is it when it becomes bad.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By skipper847

@MrGeezer said:

"But then again if I did something back to the people who did it I would be first to get arrested."

Just out of curiosity, what were you thinking of doing about it? What kind of retaliation is warranted when someone throws a lemon at you?

Figure of speech. But even shouting back these days you could get done. This time it was just a lemon. What if they get a better idea what then?. When is it when it becomes bad?. It was thrown at speed too so if it had have hit me or some one else it could have caused serious injury.

True story. I was at the cinema with my brothers mate when I was at school. He started chucking popcorn at people in front of us. I told him to stop which he didn't like one bit but did stop. That was just sticky popcorn and wouldn't hurt any one apart from been stuck on you. Like I said when is it when it comes bad?.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@SolidSnake35 said:

^ This. Really Tc, you are totally overreacting. I certainly got more footballs to my face in a park than you got nearly hit by lemons and you don't see me acting like you.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By skipper847

@ArchoNils2 said:
@SolidSnake35 said:

^ This. Really Tc, you are totally overreacting. I certainly got more footballs to my face in a park than you got nearly hit by lemons and you don't see me acting like you.

OK so if I went up to some one as a joke and went boo behind them because I thought it was a laf. But not knowing to me they had a weak heart and they had an heart attack and died. What would that make me.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@skipper847 said:
@ArchoNils2 said:
@SolidSnake35 said:

OK so if I went up to some one as a joke and went boo behind them because I thought it was a laf. But not knowing to me they had a weak heart and they had an heart attack and died. What would that make me.

Again, you are totally over-reacting

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

Those kinds of people get what's coming to them eventually. They'll piss off the wrong person or get someone hurt and end up in deep shit.

Last time I was in college about 10 or so years ago it had been snowing and I was walking to the car park to get picked up and there were some students lobbing snowballs around. I have bad eyesight so I would not see a snowy projectile heading my way. So as I am walking past I had a feeling I was about to get hit suddenly a snowball whizzes past my ear and smacks a van ahead of me with enough force that if it hit me it would have done damage. These morons did not see that the person who was picking me up is a living embodiment of desperate dan and shrek combined and a big dude to boot. He confronts them and I've never seen the college security move so fast to defuse the situation he would have killed them lucky for them he just gave them a piece of his mind.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Is it just where you live? Yup.

It's been a long long time since anyone tried dicking me around. So far within the last few years, everyone have been nice and decent to me (at the mall, establishments, my kid's school). Fellow joggers greet me in the morning. A kid visiting my neighbor's kid had blocked my driveway. When I went over and asked the driver to move his vehicle, he apologized and moved his car. He even asked permission to park in front of our house.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#19 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

A little story for you OP, that this reminded me of.

The other week I went to a popular chain establishment that serves alcohol and snacky foods. I have been there many times, and most of my outings there have gone well and the staff has for the most part been nice to me there. This past time I was feeling kind of lonely when I went, and I invited a few people who might have wanted to go that night, one of which was someone who seemed like they could even use a drink. Nobody showed up, but it didn't matter too much to me. I just enjoyed having a waitress to talk to a little bit, and refills of beer and some food from their kitchen. I stayed till close and even asked the person serving me if they wanted me to leave yet, and they said it was fine if I stayed longer. I left when the other remaining customers there left.

On my way out, the cooks and dishwashers from the back followed me outside and ridiculed me for being there. "Can't you do this same thing at home!?!?!" they rudely chided at me. They didn't even try to say it under their breaths, they directed it right at me. I just drove away, a little buzzed and embarrassed. I left the girl at the bar a good tip. I didn't cause trouble or bother anyone. These pricks were just angsty because they wanted to get done and leave earlier. It was even on a Friday, when the place usually gets more business.

What they didn't realize is I am not in the best of spirits these days. On that particular night I had someone blow me off for meeting up at another bar, and then get back to me without much of an actual apology, just explaining that the person they had been dating decided to get back in touch with them. It was for the best but, it still hurt. And I feel uncomfortable in my apartment as well as in public. Sometimes I am scared to so much as sneeze in my own apartment. I don't have many friends, and get kind of lonely and depressed about what my life is now. I stayed there a few hours and even up until close because A) The bartender said that was fine and B) I wanted to hold out in case my one friend who I contacted decided to show up. It felt good being around other people for a little bit, and not just going back to my cramped place. It gave me somewhere I could be. But now I am thinking I won't ever return to that place again.

I'm not sure if the world has gotten worse or if things like this now happen more frequently. It seems that people are much more eager to judge you nowadays. Everyone likes to classify everyone else or lump them into groups to describe them, despite individuality.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

@skipper847 whereabouts are you? Worcester (where I live) is far from this, very pleasant on the whole and mostly polite. Generally speaking, I get the impression that younger generations are more rude, but we let them be more rude! If I was out of line when I was younger, my dad would smack my backside and you can be damn sure I didn't do it again. Nowadays, kids trash things but then get rewarded when 'cleaning it up'.

My thoughts would be avoid areas you know to be more 'rough' but don't let this put you off merely going out for a walk.

PS, did you let the tyres down?

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skipper847

@goodzorr: lol no I didn't. I'm not like that really. Its was just what I think like doing statement. But if I did see where that lemon came from I would have chucked it back at them and if it was from a car hopefully it would have smashed there window. Then they be angry and not lolling around.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Ovirew said:

The other week I went to a popular chain establishment that serves alcohol and snacky foods. I have been there many times, and most of my outings there have gone well and the staff has for the most part been nice to me there. This past time I was feeling kind of lonely when I went, and I invited a few people who might have wanted to go that night, one of which was someone who seemed like they could even use a drink. Nobody showed up, but it didn't matter too much to me. I just enjoyed having a waitress to talk to a little bit, and refills of beer and some food from their kitchen. I stayed till close and even asked the person serving me if they wanted me to leave yet, and they said it was fine if I stayed longer. I left when the other remaining customers there left.

On my way out, the cooks and dishwashers from the back followed me outside and ridiculed me for being there. "Can't you do this same thing at home!?!?!" they rudely chided at me. They didn't even try to say it under their breaths, they directed it right at me. I just drove away, a little buzzed and embarrassed. I left the girl at the bar a good tip. I didn't cause trouble or bother anyone. These pricks were just angsty because they wanted to get done and leave earlier. It was even on a Friday, when the place usually gets more business.

What they didn't realize is I am not in the best of spirits these days. On that particular night I had someone blow me off for meeting up at another bar, and then get back to me without much of an actual apology, just explaining that the person they had been dating decided to get back in touch with them. It was for the best but, it still hurt. And I feel uncomfortable in my apartment as well as in public. Sometimes I am scared to so much as sneeze in my own apartment. I don't have many friends, and get kind of lonely and depressed about what my life is now. I stayed there a few hours and even up until close because A) The bartender said that was fine and B) I wanted to hold out in case my one friend who I contacted decided to show up. It felt good being around other people for a little bit, and not just going back to my cramped place. It gave me somewhere I could be. But now I am thinking I won't ever return to that place again.

I'm not sure if the world has gotten worse or if things like this now happen more frequently. It seems that people are much more eager to judge you nowadays. Everyone likes to classify everyone else or lump them into groups to describe them, despite individuality.

I'd return to the place and complain to management. If management shrugs you off, I'd go up the ladder and complain to the head office.

Those employees deserve to be fired, and I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about my complaint contributing to them losing their jobs. Seriously, those people have no business having that job if that's how they treat their customers.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 skipper847

@goodzorr: Yes go back and complain apart from the waitress.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

@MrGeezer said:
@Ovirew said:

I'd return to the place and complain to management. If management shrugs you off, I'd go up the ladder and complain to the head office.

Those employees deserve to be fired, and I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about my complaint contributing to them losing their jobs. Seriously, those people have no business having that job if that's how they treat their customers.

You reap what you sow/You make your own bed/Karma's a bitch etc etc. Definitely with you on this one.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44535 Posts

Don't you guys have those CCTV cameras all over?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@ArchoNils2: I got hit in the head with a football while rollerblading once. Yeah it hurt, but I got a brand new football out of it :P

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:
@SolidSnake35 said:

It's good to know that you're a beta male that takes whatever is given to you.