Is it hard for you to cry?

Avatar image for warmblur
#1 Edited by warmblur (3028 posts) -

I feel it is for me I could feel super sad but nothing is coming out of these eyes. I feel pretty detached from the world at times. It was alot easier to cry when I was younger but life has harden me up I guess. And now it's just feeling like shit and hoping to snap myself out of it somehow what about you?

Avatar image for SOedipus
#2 Posted by SOedipus (11582 posts) -

Yes. I just don't display my feelings as noticeably as others. I get sad, but I don't cry. The last time that I cried I was drunk and that was several years ago.

Avatar image for livingdeadman
#3 Edited by livingdeadman (372 posts) -

When I was a young I barely cried, but as an adult, I often cry. I'm a Cancer sign which is one the more emotional Zodiacs. I cried yesterday when I stood at the grave of a bee that I accidentally killed while jump roping. I played a song for the bee from my laptop, then started drinking my own tears, which I actually do every time I cry, because I believe it's a waste of vitality if I let the tears dry.

Sorry to hear, I believe everyone should cry. I think if you start writing with your left hand it will make you more emotional. After I journaled with my left hand (I'm right handed) I became more emotional.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#4 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44402 posts) -

I cry pretty easy during movies, but genuine emotions I don't really "do".

I haven't cried for years. Except for the end of Avengers: Endgame. And it's not a machismo thing, I just don't cry because I don't feel much.

Avatar image for SOedipus
#5 Posted by SOedipus (11582 posts) -

@livingdeadman:

Avatar image for npiet1
#6 Posted by npiet1 (2528 posts) -

I cry often during movies, I just get stoned and let myself be absorbed by it. But IRL no I don't. Was raised to be a man, not that men can't show negative emotions, just there's a time and a place for it and anger has no place besides a motivator making sure it doesn't cloud judgement.

Avatar image for tocool340
#7 Posted by tocool340 (21386 posts) -

With effort, I can force myself to cry. But crying from true pain? Yes, that's extremely hard for me to do...

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#8 Posted by Gaming-Planet (20034 posts) -

I cry when I'm stressed out and life is going down.

Avatar image for livingdeadman
#9 Edited by livingdeadman (372 posts) -

Also, watching porn makes you cry less because it leaves you hollow. I found. So if you watch porn, you should try NoFap!

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#10 Edited by MirkoS77 (14470 posts) -

No. Depression is a nightmare.

Avatar image for Master_Live
#11 Posted by Master_Live (19714 posts) -

No, I cry all the time (alone, not for public consumption).

Avatar image for -paranorman-
#12 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (1550 posts) -

Yeah, right. Put me in front of the tv during the Friends finale, or make me watch Angel Beats, and I basically become the perfect fountain for your living room.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#13 Posted by uninspiredcup (35068 posts) -

When pet inevitably die, yes. Get very upset.

Avatar image for nepu7supastar7
#14 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5203 posts) -

@warmblur:

I'm an extremely emotional and expressive person. So it doesn't take much to get me crying. I cry at sad movies, romantic movies, I cried when my cat died, and even when I'm playing a sad game. My expressive personality makes a terrible poker player though. ?

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#15 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6900 posts) -

I try to cry so much but nothing comes out. Instead I vomit. Dunno why that happens.

Avatar image for Livecommander
#16 Posted by Livecommander (1113 posts) -

@warmblur: yeah same here. It's to the point that it's a reflex to laugh after bad news or receiving pain

Eventually I do cry tho somtimes. But it's always moments after the initial situation.

Yet if a movie is good enough I'll tear a bit on the spot lol

Avatar image for comp_atkins
#17 Posted by comp_atkins (35866 posts) -

try not to tear up

Loading Video...

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#18 Edited by uninspiredcup (35068 posts) -

@comp_atkins: This is inspired by a true story as well. Been multiple documented cases of dogs doing stuff like this. Greyfriars Bobby, Hachiko etc...

When Mary Queen Of Scots had her head lobbed off her dog hid under her dress during the execution staying with her corpse until it eventually died.

Avatar image for warmblur
#19 Posted by warmblur (3028 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@comp_atkins: This is inspired by a true story as well. Been multiple documented cases of dogs doing stuff like this. Greyfriars Bobby, Hachiko etc...

When Mary Queen Of Scots had her head lobbed off her dog hid under her dress during the execution staying with her corpse until it eventually died.

That's some dark shit.

Avatar image for pyro1245
#20 Posted by pyro1245 (5264 posts) -

@comp_atkins: Futurama had a few episodes that absolutely bring the feels.

What a great show.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#21 Edited by uninspiredcup (35068 posts) -
@warmblur said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@comp_atkins: This is inspired by a true story as well. Been multiple documented cases of dogs doing stuff like this. Greyfriars Bobby, Hachiko etc...

When Mary Queen Of Scots had her head lobbed off her dog hid under her dress during the execution staying with her corpse until it eventually died.

That's some dark shit.

Yea, that's kind of a bad habit haha

Guess that's why it's so upsetting with a dog dies, shorter life span and when they become attached it's a very simplistic but powerful loyalty.

Like humans without the baggage.

Avatar image for warmblur
#22 Edited by warmblur (3028 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@warmblur said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@comp_atkins: This is inspired by a true story as well. Been multiple documented cases of dogs doing stuff like this. Greyfriars Bobby, Hachiko etc...

When Mary Queen Of Scots had her head lobbed off her dog hid under her dress during the execution staying with her corpse until it eventually died.

That's some dark shit.

Yea, that's kind of a bad habit haha

Guess that's why it's so upsetting with a dog dies, shorter life span and when they become attached it's a very simplistic but powerful loyalty.

Like humans without the baggage.

Yep, that's why dogs are superior lol.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#23 Edited by uninspiredcup (35068 posts) -
@warmblur said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@warmblur said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@comp_atkins: This is inspired by a true story as well. Been multiple documented cases of dogs doing stuff like this. Greyfriars Bobby, Hachiko etc...

When Mary Queen Of Scots had her head lobbed off her dog hid under her dress during the execution staying with her corpse until it eventually died.

That's some dark shit.

Yea, that's kind of a bad habit haha

Guess that's why it's so upsetting with a dog dies, shorter life span and when they become attached it's a very simplistic but powerful loyalty.

Like humans without the baggage.

Yep, that's why dogs are superior lol.

Red Red 2 has a pretty awesome Easter-Egg alot of folk will miss.

Underneath all that shooting people in the face and feeding people alligators they have a heart of gold.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/greyfriars-bobby-red-dead-redemption-15470996

Although you can kill the dog.

Avatar image for crimsonbrute
#25 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25468 posts) -

If by cry you mean shedding single drop of liquid made of pure concentrated testosterone.

Avatar image for tenaka2
#26 Edited by tenaka2 (17227 posts) -

Not when Crysis sold out and brought far CRY to consoles... that was easy :P

Avatar image for warmblur
#27 Edited by warmblur (3028 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

No. Depression is a nightmare.

It sure is I've had it since the mid 90's.

Avatar image for speeny
#28 Posted by Speeny (1978 posts) -

Yeah. Usually it takes quite a bit of time for things to sink in for me. Plus, I don't like to cry in front of people.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#29 Posted by MirkoS77 (14470 posts) -

@warmblur said:
@MirkoS77 said:

No. Depression is a nightmare.

It sure is I've had it since the mid 90's.

Sorry to hear, hope you're doing ok.

Avatar image for warmblur
#30 Posted by warmblur (3028 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:
@warmblur said:
@MirkoS77 said:

No. Depression is a nightmare.

It sure is I've had it since the mid 90's.

Sorry to hear, hope you're doing ok.

Thank you

Avatar image for mj2019
#31 Posted by mj2019 (10 posts) -

It's not hard for me to cry. Whenever there's worth crying, I cry.