Is Generation Z The Most Based Generation Ever?

Posted by Gaming-Planet (19949 posts) 3 months, 16 days ago

Poll: Is Generation Z The Most Based Generation Ever? (11 votes)

Yes, they are based 36%
No, they're basement dwellers like TC. 27%
Millennials > Gen Z 18%

Just think about it, the grew up and were raised by the internet.

They created the dankest memes, were taught that cable TV is a waste of time and that mainstream media is trash, that the average social media rather be popular than right, and they even showed us how laughably ineffective social movements are (think Twitter).

I don't know about you, but if you ever seen Tik Tok memes, they're hitting the millennial generation hard with their edgy jokes.

#1 Posted by npiet1 (2258 posts) -

No they are all like the other gens. Don't be fooled into thinking we are all that different. The only thing that changed was how we communicate. Before memes there was edge jokes and prank calls. Mainstream media and cable tv haven't been around for all that long. news papers usally told more factual information because they were all seperate and not big media corps. People have always known about propaganda thats always been around.

#2 Edited by Maroxad (15254 posts) -

1st post nails it.

The biggest differences between generations is communication.

And memes are lame. Creative bankruptcy at its finest.

#3 Posted by plageus900 (2698 posts) -

For starters, millenials created the dankest memes. 4chan wasn't created by some Gen Z twit.

#4 Posted by Robbie23 (349 posts) -

Dank memes have become really lame and vines are not funny at all. Check out thd top trending page on YouTube. All the memes are really bad.

#5 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

What does based mean? 🤔

#6 Posted by GTR12 (13468 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

What does based mean? 🤔

This ^^^

I thought it was a typo and it was biased...but now I'm lost.

#7 Posted by comp_atkins (35699 posts) -
@GTR12 said:
@mandzilla said:

What does based mean? 🤔

This ^^^

x2

can't even tell from context...

#8 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166488 posts) -

Based on what exactly?

#9 Edited by watercrack445 (1568 posts) -

What are Gen Z known for? I always hear about millennials but never about Gen Z. Whats the similarity between 1980s millennials and 1990 millennials? I consider them the be very different. I'm right smack in the middle of of the two so I consider myself Millennial and Gen Z. So I consider them both and don't know much the difference the two. There were millenials that were doing the tide pod challenge too and both use the interent the same amount. Both Pewdewpie and logan paul are both millennials. Logan paul is probably the lowest of the millenials and I think jake paul is an millennial too.

#10 Posted by Horgen (120484 posts) -

@comp_atkins said:
@GTR12 said:
@mandzilla said:

What does based mean? 🤔

This ^^^

x2

It must be a Gen Z thing. They are with "it"

Loading Video...

#11 Edited by Jag85 (13498 posts) -

I don't know about you, but if you ever seen Tik Tok memes, they're hitting the millennial generation hard with their edgy jokes.

You mean that "hit or miss" shit?

@plageus900 said:

For starters, millenials created the dankest memes. 4chan wasn't created by some Gen Z twit.

Technically, its daddy 2chan is a Gen X creation.

#12 Edited by comp_atkins (35699 posts) -
@horgen said:
@comp_atkins said:
@GTR12 said:
@mandzilla said:

What does based mean? 🤔

This ^^^

x2

Loading Video...

this might be the wisest thing anyone has ever put on tv

#14 Edited by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

@horgen said:
@comp_atkins said:
@GTR12 said:
@mandzilla said:

What does based mean? 🤔

This ^^^

x2

Loading Video...

Lmao

#15 Posted by jeezers (2889 posts) -

I wish I had been gen x, I'm a millennial, its a shitty generation, I'm 26, everyones always glued to thier phones, kids are just getting fatter and dumber as the years go on. Political correctness is proabably the thing I hate most about my generation, identitarians, everyones is so sensitive its disgusting. I hope genZ can help turn it around

#16 Posted by Horgen (120484 posts) -

@mandzilla: Don't laugh. It will happen to you too.

#17 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

@horgen: True. It's already happening actually, Fortnite and selfie filters... 😬

#18 Posted by Horgen (120484 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@horgen: True. It's already happening actually, Fortnite and selfie filters... 😬

Fortnite.. Never tried it and probably never will. As for selfie filters. Can be fun, but they are twisted. It's you after photoshop, kids have to learn to be aware about that. Next up is Facetune if you're aiming for becoming an instragram "influencer" I guess.

#19 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

@horgen: Agreed, don't see what all the buzz is around Fortnite. And selfie filters are fun yup, just so many dog ears and noses though!

Not so familiar with Facetune mind you. Jeez, I must be like a 40 y/o stuck in a 26 y/o's body lol.

#20 Posted by Orionsbane (32 posts) -

Um, if ppl of your generation type like you, then yes, gen Z is more superior.

"Is based", what do you even mean? I have lots of thoughts about this topic, but how on earth I'm gonna do it if I don't understand the question?

#21 Posted by Horgen (120484 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet I think you need to explain what "based" means in this context. :P

@mandzilla said:

@horgen: Agreed, don't see what all the buzz is around Fortnite. And selfie filters are fun yup, just so many dog ears and noses though!

Not so familiar with Facetune mind you. Jeez, I must be like a 40 y/o stuck in a 26 y/o's body lol.

I came across it when browsing reddit/r/all and saw a sub called instareality I think. Comparing two pictures of the same girl, one posted by the girl herself, the other by a friend. The girl might have, or trying to get, a lot of followers on Instagram, posted a face only picture, angled and edited. The other picture by her friend was left unedited. Revealing that she had some 40-50 lbs to much and quite the double chin.

To be honest, while I expect instragram stars to be very selective in what they show to portray themselves as perfect as possible. That you could edit quite a lot just on your phone caught me by surprise, as well as how common it probably is.

#22 Edited by Raining51 (1046 posts) -

I read something that a said they are the generation that realizes s traditional systems are being overturn and they can't break anything more... that osunds right...

But that doesn't mean they haven't basically done that nonstop anyway, IMO.

"I wish I had been gen x, I'm a millennial, its a shitty generation, I'm 26, everyones always glued to thier phones, kids are just getting fatter and dumber as the years go on. Political correctness is proabably the thing I hate most about my generation, identitarians, everyones is so sensitive its disgusting. I hope genZ can help turn it around"

TBH 26 is basically Gen Z... the milennial saga has dragged on so long that proper milennials are like 40 and gen Z is now old....

Many Milennials already have cars/houses etc are deep into the next phase of life basically.

It just happened unofficially which the man doesn't like hence why you don't hear about it.

The milennial identity is actually base a d around being the most rebellious conformists... or the most confomring rebels.. depending on your perspective....

They like places like Los Angelses and Maryland and stuff... close enough to the south or somewhere where the crazy stuff happens but they also dot all the Is and cross every T

and pay taxes and don't have the desire to go past that etc...

To be honest they're also tending to be very moneyed IMO... I would say they mostly have adopted a kind of what gets me rich approach and that means being fair to X and Y

and stuff but they have less attachment to norms and values than most.

They're basically generation success along the Bfufet Buffet lines etc... raised in a time when corporations were the predominant force outside of govt.

I'm basically a milennial but I decided to go with supporting government things and now adays basically everyone acts like your a terrorist who made the

Trump election possible, but to be honest I have no regrets because I don't really value oney money the same other people do and that direction

got me way more things that I've wanted than a purely monetary approach ever would.

The money way is important and you factor it in but that's it.. I don't think there's any point wasting time/energy thinking about money beyond basically

absolute necessity more or less.

Gen Z at least had some education and a semblance of normalcy... it's really Generation Alpha or whatever that youngest generation where it's nothing but bad stuff

and pure complete control by corporations/governments really ... they're the first generation to experience pure state control on par with the middle Ages and

/European style Feaudlism... there's any hope of change etc more or less completely vaporized.

I think that's why everyone hates Milennials really because they either helped enable the suppression machine or are just sociopathically rich kinda....

But what people don't realize is that's just a perception mainly because the things Milennials have made possible got stolen by other gens etc and it's only

now that they are reclaiming things that people are like oh ok well that's cool though.

Trump and so on and many others are pretty awful perhaps in some respects but they pay basiccally and not in money in sort of culture/goods/things that

the purely monetary empire doesn't value or couldn't give you anyway.

And those things are the foundations for having something truly unqiue IMO.. obviously video games are one of those things.

#23 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -
@horgen said:

@Gaming-Planet I think you need to explain what "based" means in this context. :P

@mandzilla said:

I came across it when browsing reddit/r/all and saw a sub called instareality I think. Comparing two pictures of the same girl, one posted by the girl herself, the other by a friend. The girl might have, or trying to get, a lot of followers on Instagram, posted a face only picture, angled and edited. The other picture by her friend was left unedited. Revealing that she had some 40-50 lbs to much and quite the double chin.

To be honest, while I expect instragram stars to be very selective in what they show to portray themselves as perfect as possible. That you could edit quite a lot just on your phone caught me by surprise, as well as how common it probably is.

Wow that's crazy, technology sure has come along way since the flip phone days!

#24 Edited by Jag85 (13498 posts) -

Feels like Gen Z is a forgotten generation, just like Gen X. All we hear about these days is Boomers vs. Millennials, with the Gen X and Gen Z crowds barely getting much attention. And very often, Gen X get confused with Boomers, while Gen Z get confused with Millennials.

#25 Posted by Horgen (120484 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

Feels like Gen Z is a forgotten generation, just like Gen X. All we hear about these days is Boomers vs. Millennials, with the Gen X and Gen Z crowds barely getting much attention. And very often, Gen X get confused with Boomers, while Gen Z get confused with Millennials.

It's their own fault for having such generic generation names. :P

@mandzilla said:

Wow that's crazy, technology sure has come along way since the flip phone days!

Sure has.

#26 Posted by Jag85 (13498 posts) -
@horgen said:
@Jag85 said:

Yup, there's nothing memorable about a letter. They need to come up with better names.

#27 Posted by GTR12 (13468 posts) -

@horgen said:

I'm changing it, I want to be called generation Piano, no not my whole generation, just people born on a specific day (my birthday) and not even the whole day, it has to be within +- 30 seconds of when I was born.

Generation Piano here.

#28 Posted by dave123321 (35391 posts) -

Gen z will be the generation that saves us

#29 Posted by Horgen (120484 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

How? All they care about is looking good on instagram :P

#30 Edited by mrbojangles25 (43981 posts) -

I think Generation Z is going to be the group that takes us into cyborg territory. Yes, I am serious.

I honestly believe that, god willing I live to a decent old age, I will see a head/brain transplanted onto a machine "body" successfully in my lifetime.

@dave123321 said:

I agree.

According to random outlets that apparently are allowed to generalize entire groups of people, Gen Z is much more "public service" oriented. While millennials (Gen Y) are still indoctrinated with The American Dream and finding happiness for the self, allegedly Gen Z is all about fixing things, making the world a better place, and so forth.

I believe it, I still have roommates and occasionally I will get a young one who is a Gen Z and they are much more accepting of communal living situations. I'll try to get everyone to share the same ketchup, salt, mustard and basic everyday goods so we don't have a million things in the kitchen, for an example, and my peers (30-somethings) are like "Ummm, if it's OK I'd rather have my own...." but the 20-somethings are like "Yeah, totally cool with that".

I feel like an outlier because I am definitely a "greater good" kind of guy but most people my age are just doing their own thing. Not that this means millennial are selfish, but they definitely do have a sense of entitlement.

#31 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19949 posts) -

@mrbojangles25:

That's pretty true about millennials. We keep pretending that we can have our version of pleasantville.

#32 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43981 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

@mrbojangles25:

That's pretty true about millennials. We keep pretending that we can have our version of pleasantville.

It makes sense. Many millenials were raised by baby boomers, who were actually able to buy the American Dream while it was affordable. In turn their offspring grew up in this ideal and try to get it for themselves.

#33 Edited by Jag85 (13498 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

@mrbojangles25:

It makes sense. Many millenials were raised by baby boomers, who were actually able to buy the American Dream while it was affordable. In turn their offspring grew up in this ideal and try to get it for themselves.

Technically, it was Gen X that raised most Millennials... This is what I mean about Gen X being a forgotten generation. They keep getting lumped together with Boomers.

#34 Edited by AFBrat77 (26708 posts) -

Actually Generation Jones (1955-1964) has always been incorrectly lumped in with the Baby Boomers (called Boomers 2 or shadow Boomers for too long) because we were so numerous. We were the first to buy the original personal computers and play videogames en masse, and include many of the biggest names in Western culture, whether it's Bill Gates (he is among the oldest), Barack Obama, Michael Jordan (the basketball player), Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, or half of the 1980's brat pack (we shared them and MTV with genX). We grew up in the middle to late 70's (not the 60's!) with punk-rock and the original Star Wars. We are the parents of most 1980's millennials and probably passed our love of the original Star Wars trio to many of them.

GenX mostly raised 90's millennials but we raised our share.