Is anyone out there up for an anime discussion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

That_Guy_xD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 That_Guy_xD
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'd like to discuss anime. Basically a general discussion, all opinions welcomed/ For example: What do you like? What do you hate? Who are your favorite characters? I would also like it if we could discuss fights. Anything from fights that have already happened, to future fights. Or even fights between characters from different anime where we discuss factors for and agains each character. If you cant thing of any fights I have hundreds of suggestions lol (I don't know if anyone remembers but I used to do the "Anime Fights" topics as "Oh__Snap". They got fairly popular but that was a few years back.)

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

People tend to like more kiddie anime in the west or just old anime. Its hard to find someone in the west that likes good shows.

I like darker shows or dramas

hell girl

shiki

yosuga no sora

Nana

school days

usagi drop

welcome to NHK

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

why does everything in anime take so damn long

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

My favorite animes are Higurashi: When They Cry and Gungrave. Both have great stories and characters.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

Yea I have a question. Why did Majin Boo absorb the Kais who were beating him ( even though kid boo was the strongest ) knowing that it'd weaken him?

He didn't know that, he did it because he could. He didn't know there would be consequences.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

i watched knights of sidonia on netflix a couple of weeks ago....just a random shot in the dark (im no anime expert)

it didnt start off well but a few episodes in it picked up. interesting setup though. i will be keeping an eye out for season 2.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If Black Lagoon counts, that's about it.

Loading Video...

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

Akira is my most favourite anime, maybe it's the fact that it's the first one I ever saw, I had never even heard of the genre, I was only about 7 or 8. On weekends I used to stay up late playing the NES, when I switched it off I saw this cartoon was on the tv but it was nothing like I had seen before, my eyes were glued to the screen the whole time I don't think I even blinked. Anyway that shit blew me away like I couldn't believe what I was watching, the most amazing thing I had ever seen on tv.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Sure.

Yu Yu Hakusho. Studio Ghibli.

End of discussion.

thecruzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By thecruzan
Member since 2014 • 106 Posts

What I like? Animes like Hunter x Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho, Samurai Champloo, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gintama, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, etc.

Only animes I really hate are Bleach and Fairy Tail.

Favorite anime characters are:

Killua, Gon, Gintoki, Yusuke, Sensui, Hiei, The Elric Bros., Roy Mustang, Mugen, Luffy, Himura Kenshin, Jonathan Joestar, etc.

And for fights from animes? I'd like to see these battles actually happen:

Highlighted names= who I feel would win

Hokages vs. The Admirals

The Phantom Troupe vs. Sensui Seven vs. The Eleven Supernovas

The Akatsuki vs. The Espadas

Killua vs. Hiei

Fuhrer King Bradley vs. Roronoa Zoro

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Hmm.. well what really confused me is that they portrayed south kai and the fat supreme kai as overpowering kid boo... Which is why he absorbed them. But this doesn't make sense because if these Kais were stronger the kid boo then fat boo should 've been able to beat him. Idk.. I find DBZ had a hard time staying consistent.

he was most dangerous a Super Buu because he had brains and power. After he absorbed Gohan and Gotenks, they fought Vegito. However, Goku fights Kid Buu alone because he is weaker, but more dangerous. Super Buu at least had some sort of conscience. Kid Buu is just as relentless as say Doomsday in DC comics.

SultaN-s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SultaN-s
Member since 2011 • 85 Posts

Fan-service. I freaking hate fan-service. An episode of any anime these days is nothing but a twenty-so minutes of dumb fan-service and cliches. I'm running out of options. Right now I'm doing a Gundam marathon. All animes and OVAs. From the new shows, I'm only watching Akame ga Kill and Tokyo Ghoul. I'm thinking of dropping these two though. One is ruined by fan-freaking-service and the other is censorship.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

Sure.

Yu Yu Hakusho. Studio Ghibli.

End of discussion.

Hayao Miyazaki. *cheers*

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

i'm in...

i just finished watching gantz the other day and it was just horrible. mostly because it could have been awesome. but holy shit... that pacing made my head want to burst a couple of times. " oh shit! bad stuff is happening! we better stand around and talk about it for two episodes and then just do nothing anyway and everyone dies!"

the main character was horribly unlikable and not many of the other characters were much better. too much pointless sexual stuff as well....

also homophobia

good concept that made me want to keep watching to the end despite its horrible-ness.

on another note i also recently watched future diary and was quite pleased with it.