Is any length of time too long to ask for something back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by skipper847 (6958 posts) -

Hi. If you have leant some one anything and its been a while do you think its been too long to ask for it back?. I leant my PS1 to some one who lives down my street about 5 years ago now and with the new consoles out I wanted to play on my PS1 for nostalgic reasons. Like today on steam I saw FF8 advertise and I had this for the PS1 along with FF7,MGS,Alien,Resevil 1, and proly more what I forgot. Every time I see something like FF7 or 8 been advertise I get really mad at my self as I could have played it on the system it was meant to be on. But do you feel when some one has had something of yours for so long you don't want to ask for it back?.

#2 Edited by worlock77 (22552 posts) -

Yeah, 5 years is too long. By that point you're probably not gong to get it back even if you ask.

#3 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

Why are you acting like asking for your property is a bad thing. Is the ass wipe who never even intend/made the effort to give it back to you who is wrong.

No, you can still ask for it back.

#4 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

get your shit back, bro. it's yours.

#5 Posted by MysteryJ0ker (98 posts) -

And this... is what happens when society preaches for people to be hyper sensitive twits... "Oh no! I might offend him/her if I ask for my property back!"

Avatar image for Braun_Roid_Rage
#6 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (790 posts) -

Grow a pair and get what's yours. What kind of dumb ass question is this?

#8 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

@JustSignedUp said:

what are u kids talking about, he shouldnt ask for it back. 5 years is way too long. common sense in the year 2013 is to NOT ask for it back.

Yeah, that makes sense. Because common sense changes every year and, as we all know (since we got the memo), this year's hot common sense item is not giving a shit about personal property. Thanks for reminding everyone. Sometimes, people who aren't actively involved in the Annual Panel for Common Sense Revision and Reinforcement can forget when these things change.

#9 Edited by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

if you've kept in touch, it's prolly fine

otherwise, you're essentially SOL

#10 Posted by worlock77 (22552 posts) -

@4myAmuzumament said:

get your shit back, bro. it's yours.

At this point no, it really isn't. He's waited 5 years to decide he gives a shit enough to want it back now. It's essentially a gift at this point.

#11 Posted by killerfist (20091 posts) -

Ask him if you can borrow it

#12 Edited by -Fromage- (10558 posts) -

It's probably long gone.

#13 Posted by foxhound_fox (96814 posts) -

If you offered it to the person as a "lending" situation, you should be able to ask for it back at any time. They should appreciate your generosity for allowing them to hold onto it for so long. At the very least, if they say no, you might try appealing to the sense that they might not even be using it anymore.

#14 Edited by HuggyBear1020 (467 posts) -

I still have a copy of CoD4 that I borrowed 4 or 5 years ago, I don't think he even remembers lending to me lol