Iron Maiden 2010 Tour and Album News

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WushuFighter
Member since 2007 • 1837 Posts

http://www.ironmaiden.com/

"IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio album will be called 'THE FINAL FRONTIER', and is expected be released late summer of this year.

The announcement comes with news of a North American Tour with Very Special Guests Dream Theater to open in Dallas, Texas, on 9th June and finish in Washington D.C. on 20th July, making it Maiden's most extensive North American tour in many years."

2010 in music is going to be excellent!

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

Dissapointed their not coming to my city. :/

At least I got to see them in their Somewhere Back In Time tour 2 years ago, which was a tour based on the Powerslave tour. It was awesome because they only played all the classic songs. None of the new stuff.

Bitter_Altmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bitter_Altmer
Member since 2010 • 356 Posts
Iron Maiden shouldn't be doing this, lest they go down the Metallica route.They are already the best metal group to ever grace the planet.If they release another mediocre album, they'll lose a lot of respect. Only metal group I can think of that are from the 80's and still good are Megadeth.
cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 cousin_eddy
Member since 2004 • 74681 Posts
I am excited. They are coming to Cleveland so I'll be able to go. The new albums hould be good..I've yet to be let down by them.
Poostation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Poostation
Member since 2010 • 46 Posts
Metallica is better
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts
[QUOTE="Bitter_Altmer"]Iron Maiden shouldn't be doing this, lest they go down the Metallica route.They are already the best metal group to ever grace the planet.If they release another mediocre album, they'll lose a lot of respect. Only metal group I can think of that are from the 80's and still good are Megadeth.

Since you have brought opinion into this.....Maiden is revered by their fans...and Metallica as well.
D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

Metallica is betterPoostation

That's an opinion, Metallica Would probably disagree. Personally nothing gets a party going like some Classic 'Maiden.

I hope they bring Dream Theatre to Britain that would be a show worth seeing.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
[QUOTE="Bitter_Altmer"]Iron Maiden shouldn't be doing this, lest they go down the Metallica route.They are already the best metal group to ever grace the planet.If they release another mediocre album, they'll lose a lot of respect. Only metal group I can think of that are from the 80's and still good are Megadeth.

Shouldn't be doing what?
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

The closest place to Wisconsin that they're going is Chicago; they always take the good stuff from us. :(

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

Iron Maiden shouldn't be doing this, lest they go down the Metallica route.They are already the best metal group to ever grace the planet.If they release another mediocre album, they'll lose a lot of respect. Bitter_Altmer
Their last album "A Matter of Life and Death" was pretty solid for being a bunch of older guys.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
ZOMG! I need a job!
Different type of bands, but Metallica has become laughable, also i doubt they would ever bring along a big band like Dream Theater for fear of being shown up.
basia77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 basia77
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
yay lol
WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WushuFighter

Iron Maiden shouldn't be doing this, lest they go down the Metallica route.They are already the best metal group to ever grace the planet.If they release another mediocre album, they'll lose a lot of respect. Only metal group I can think of that are from the 80's and still good are Megadeth.Bitter_Altmer

The difference between them and metallica is that even though Maiden releases "different" music over the years, they never write it for sake of sales and popularity. Metallica clearly went the wrong route but Maiden is still on their correct one.

And what's so mediocre about their last album? I only like a few songs from it, but the actual music is well written.

Pardon your ignorance, but Metallica stopped being better than other bands since 1991.

WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WushuFighter

At least I got to see them in their Somewhere Back In Time tour 2 years ago, which was a tour based on the Powerslave tour. It was awesome because they only played all the classic songs. None of the new stuff.Samurai_Xavier

Also a quote from Bruce Dickinson himself:

"We're still working on the set list for these summer shows, but this time it will cover the whole history of the band, and I can hint that we will be playing a taster from the new album."

That sounds pretty damn good. Iron Maiden cl@ssics are amazing I agree with you. But what's even more amazing if you can expand from the ****cs to other songs and possibly ones that haven't been played before.

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]

At least I got to see them in their Somewhere Back In Time tour 2 years ago, which was a tour based on the Powerslave tour. It was awesome because they only played all the classic songs. None of the new stuff.WushuFighter

"We're still working on the set list for these summer shows, but this time it will cover the whole history of the band, and I can hint that we will be playing a taster from the new album."

That sounds pretty damn good. Iron Maiden cl@ssics are amazing I agree with you. But what's even more amazing if you can expand from the ****cs to other songs and possibly ones that haven't been played before.

I'd rather have a setlist full of cl@ssic songs (including cl@ssic songs they rarely played like "Rime of the Ancient Mariner") than a bunch of new songs I've never heard.

I'm glad I saw them in that awesome tour. The DVD "Flight 666" is based on it.

WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WushuFighter

[QUOTE="WushuFighter"]

[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]

At least I got to see them in their Somewhere Back In Time tour 2 years ago, which was a tour based on the Powerslave tour. It was awesome because they only played all the classic songs. None of the new stuff.Samurai_Xavier

I'd rather have a setlist full of cl@ssic songs (including cl@ssic songs they rarely played like "Rime of the Ancient Mariner") than a bunch of new songs I've never heard.

I'm glad I saw them in that awesome tour. The DVD "Flight 666" is based on it.

We don't even know the setlist yet lol. I'm predicting it will be an even mix of new and old songs because he did say it will cover their entire history. And there's always at least one(usually a lot more) excellent song in every album.

Because Dream Theater won't play in winnipeg for this tour, maybe there will be an extended setlist with more old songs. That would be something for me to drive a couple of hours to winnipeg for :)

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

I hope it doesn't dissapoint

Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

Surprised they aren't coming to Atlanta or Charolette, I live pretty close to either or so I probably would've gone. Oh well, another band I'll never see Live....

tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts

I might see them at Albuquerque New Mexico.

If I do end up going, its gonna be the third time I saw them. They put some fantastic live shows.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Hah they are coming right down the road from where I work.

May or may not see them. While I do love some Maiden and very much respect the band I am not an uber fan or anything.

Might go though just to be able to say I have seen them live.

ctarczy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ctarczy2
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

oh my gosh they are coming to chicago on my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Im a huge Metallica fan, but Maiden > all things metal :D

oh my gosh they are coming to chicago on my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

ctarczy2

Haha now thats one hell of a bday present :D

And "A matter of life and death" was a awsome album in my opinion... Maiden aint loosing steam.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

Iron Maiden shouldn't be doing this, lest they go down the Metallica route.They are already the best metal group to ever grace the planet.If they release another mediocre album, they'll lose a lot of respect. Only metal group I can think of that are from the 80's and still good are Megadeth.Bitter_Altmer
How do you know that it's going to be bad? Anyway, I'm gonna see this in D.C. if the price isn't too high.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

ZOMG! I need a job! [QUOTE="Poostation"]Metallica is betterX360PS3AMD05
Different type of bands, but Metallica has become laughable, also i doubt they would ever bring along a big band like Dream Theater for fear of being shown up.

Well metallica still is preaty good. I mean death magnetic wasn't a half bad album. Not close to Kill Em' All, Lightning, Master or Justice but still a exelent album.

And seriusly, they are the best selling heavy metal band out there, and probably as legendary as Maiden, dream theatre would never upstage them

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I'm pretty sure Maiden features on here. Its a great insight to where heavy metal came from.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00r600m/Heavy_Metal_Britannia/