Interesting, I just found out one of Gamespot's reviewers is transgender.

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HotFemale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HotFemale
Member since 2011 • 42 Posts

Her name is Carolyn Petit.

Found out on her twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/carolynmichelle/status/27063876588

Here is a youtube video of her on Gamespot On the Spot (11:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eMpv6sOqTc

I just thought that it was interesting and I admire Gamespot for not discriminating against people like her. :) She makes great reviews. What do you all think?

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JJ_Productions
Member since 2008 • 1067 Posts
*Resist urge to speak mind *Kyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Urge, resisted
HotFemale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HotFemale
Member since 2011 • 42 Posts
Here is a brilliant review on LA Noire, you see her at 0:50. Honestly she looks good IMO love the hair =) http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/lanoire/video/6313909/la-noire-video-review?hd=1
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

And she is one of the most competent reviewers they have. Her L.A Noire review was superb.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
gj, gamespot
TommyWieseau81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TommyWieseau81
Member since 2011 • 455 Posts
Hmmmm.... I'm going to speak my mind here and say I don't understand transgender people. I don't see why they have to pretend to be something they are not. They should be happy with the way they were born....
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Why...Why is this important? I go to ign for my reviews anyway >_>
JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JJ_Productions

[QUOTE="TommyWieseau81"]Hmmmm.... I'm going to speak my mind here and say I don't understand transgender people. I don't see why they have to pretend to be something they are not. They should be happy with the way they were born....InEMplease

That's just it, they already feel like they're pretending to be something they're not. They feel they're in the wrong body, and should have been born differently.

Anybody who makes decision based on feelings and not logic and sound information, is in no way shape or form a leader
TommyWieseau81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TommyWieseau81

[QUOTE="TommyWieseau81"]Hmmmm.... I'm going to speak my mind here and say I don't understand transgender people. I don't see why they have to pretend to be something they are not. They should be happy with the way they were born....InEMplease

That's just it, they already feel like they're pretending to be something they're not. They feel they're in the wrong body, and should have been born differently.

But thats what I don't understand. They should realise that they can't change the way they are, and should accept who they are.
KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

It doesn't really bother me. At the end of the day she'll be judged on the quality of her reviews, and from the couple of reviews of seen so far - she's one of Gamespot's better reviewers.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

[QUOTE="TommyWieseau81"]Hmmmm.... I'm going to speak my mind here and say I don't understand transgender people. I don't see why they have to pretend to be something they are not. They should be happy with the way they were born....TommyWieseau81

But thats what I don't understand. They should realise that they can't change the way they are, and should accept who they are.

But they can sort of "change" They just dont look quite right imo.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

Cool. A dude with boobs at Gamespot. Bravo.

jimmyjammer69
Last time I checked. We already got alot of those.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"][QUOTE="InEMplease"]

InEMplease

Anybody who makes decision based on feelings and not logic and sound information, is in no way shape or form a leader

And just how do you know what goes into their decision making? It's not exactly a small decision, and I'm sure they've thought about it much more than you have.

I'm sure that there's many people who spend time listening to voices that no-one else can hear. Just because someone thinks of something, doesn't mean they're stable minded.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

She looks like she could be the mother of the boy who played the young Michael Myers in the last "Halloween" movie...

Daeg Faerch

I take that back, she looks like Adam Sessler with long hair...

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JJ_Productions

InEMplease

And just how do you know what goes into their decision making? It's not exactly a small decision, and I'm sure they've thought about it much more than you have.

Making decision based on feelings is being completely selfish. First off, your not thinking logically, Secondly, you disregard any one else feelings on the matter, and thirdly, it is purely a self gain, self esteem, and egotistical purpose. Would you want a leader who has all of the above qualities? I wouldn't either
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
You just knew? Poor thing have been getting all sorts of immature remarks.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="InEMplease"]

InEMplease

I'm sure that there's many people who spend time listening to voices that no-one else can hear. Just because someone thinks of something, doesn't mean they're stable minded.

That has nothing to do with this. Transgendered people are not schizophrenic.

Just because they're not schizo doesn't mean that their minds are working correctly. Dissociative disorders are defined as conditions that involve disruptions or breakdowns of memory, awareness, identity and/or perception. Hint, Hint "Identity and perception" would alter the sex you view that you should be.
JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JJ_Productions

InEMplease

Actually, a majority of transgendered suffer from metal issuss, schizophrenia and/or on medication whether it be antidepressents and what not
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]

Cool. A dude with boobs at Gamespot. Bravo.

MgamerBD
Last time I checked. We already got alot of those.

Yeah, but not such prominent ones. The dudes, I mean.
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

She looks like she could be the mother of the boy who played the young Michael Myers in the last "Halloween" movie...

tocool340

Adam Sessler finally got some hair. rofl

TommyWieseau81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TommyWieseau81
[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] I'm sure that there's many people who spend time listening to voices that no-one else can hear. Just because someone thinks of something, doesn't mean they're stable minded.JJ_Productions

Actually, a majority of transgendered suffer from metal issuss, schizophrenia and/or on medication whether it be antidepressents and what not

Source please :)
JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JJ_Productions

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

CHOASXIII

Adam Sessler finally got some hair. rofl

Wow dude, I honestly thought he looked like adam sessler as well lol. somebody should make a pic
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nibroc420

InEMplease

Making decision based on feelings is being completely selfish. First off, your not thinking logically, Secondly, you disregard any one else feelings on the matter, and thirdly, it is purely a self gain, self esteem, and egotistical purpose. Would you want a leader who has all of the above qualities? I wouldn't either

Why do you keep bringing "leader" up in this? We're talking about transgendered people, not leaders.

It's YOUR body. Noone has the right to tell you what to do with YOUR body. That's thinking logically. As far as how others feel, in this case one would put their feeling before others, simply because this is a life changing decision. It's not done selfishly, it's done to feel normal, to be the way you feel you were intended to be.

But you clearly were not intended to be that way if nature did not agree. Having your mind believe it's "not suited for this body" is not normal thinking.
MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
I don't see why people even care. I mean she wanted to be a female, then everyone should just address her as such. Why should she even tell folks that she used to be a male? What's the whole point of going through this if you have to tell everyone that?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] I'm sure that there's many people who spend time listening to voices that no-one else can hear. Just because someone thinks of something, doesn't mean they're stable minded.Nibroc420

Just because they're not schizo doesn't mean that their minds are working correctly. Dissociative disorders are defined as conditions that involve disruptions or breakdowns of memory, awareness, identity and/or perception. Hint, Hint "Identity and perception" would alter the sex you view that you should be.

Being transgendered isn't a mental illness.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nibroc420

worlock77

Being transgendered isn't a mental illness.

Prove it?
JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JJ_Productions
I don't see why people even care. I mean she wanted to be a female, then everyone should just address her as such. Why should she even tell folks that she used to be a male? What's the whole point of going through this if you have to tell everyone that?MistressMinako
I dunno maybe because what they see is incorrect? Are you telling me that if someone believe the sky is green, i should concide to them saying the sky is green in actuallity it isnt? Sounds like a mental illness to me
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#37 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"] Anybody who makes decision based on feelings and not logic and sound information, is in no way shape or form a leader JJ_Productions

um if no one ever made decisions based on feelings, no one would ever get married, or fall in love. That'd be pretty sad.
TommyWieseau81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TommyWieseau81
Why should she even tell folks that she used to be a male? What's the whole point of going through this if you have to tell everyone that?MistressMinako
Well.... its not really a stretch to tell that "she" used to be a "he"
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nibroc420

Why do you keep bringing "leader" up in this? We're talking about transgendered people, not leaders.

It's YOUR body. Noone has the right to tell you what to do with YOUR body. That's thinking logically. As far as how others feel, in this case one would put their feeling before others, simply because this is a life changing decision. It's not done selfishly, it's done to feel normal, to be the way you feel you were intended to be.

InEMplease

But you clearly were not intended to be that way if nature did not agree. Having your mind believe it's "not suited for this body" is not normal thinking.

Genetic mutations are a normal thing, and usually disagree with nature.

:roll: People who believe they should be a different sex, are as insane as those who truly believe they're supposed to be a different species.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

wth? im leaving gamespot right nao

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JJ_Productions

Allicrombie

um if no one ever made decisions based on feelings, no one would ever get married, or fall in love. That'd be pretty sad.

Um no, people actually get married because its a thought out decision. This isn't the movies where two people fall in love and live happily ever after. There are logical, financial and other decision that need to be made when it comes to marriage...You know, i think thats why they are so many divorces now a days. People get this misconception that marriage is all happy and flowers and a walking into the sunset but at the end of the day its no where near that.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] um if no one ever made decisions based on feelings, no one would ever get married, or fall in love. That'd be pretty sad.InEMplease

Um no, people actually get married because its a thought out decision. This isn't the movies where two people fall in love and live happily ever after. There are logical, financial and other decision that need to be made when it comes to marriage...You know, i think thats why they are so many divorces now a days. People get this misconception that marriage is all happy and flowers and a walking into the sunset but at the end of the day its no where near that.

Las Vegas would like a word with you.

So you're suggesting transgendered people get hammered and get the surgery done overnight? :roll:
MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
[QUOTE="MistressMinako"]Why should she even tell folks that she used to be a male? What's the whole point of going through this if you have to tell everyone that?TommyWieseau81
Well.... its not really a stretch to tell that "she" used to be a "he"

Well yeah but she doesn't really have to admit as such. It's none of people's business, IMO. People come here for reviews, gaming news, forums, etc... not hot sexy reviewer action. :P
JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JJ_Productions

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] um if no one ever made decisions based on feelings, no one would ever get married, or fall in love. That'd be pretty sad.InEMplease

Exactly for proving my point, thats why there are so many failed marriages
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#48 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="JJ_Productions"] Making decision based on feelings is being completely selfish. First off, your not thinking logically, Secondly, you disregard any one else feelings on the matter, and thirdly, it is purely a self gain, self esteem, and egotistical purpose. Would you want a leader who has all of the above qualities? I wouldn't eitherJJ_Productions

so people dont have to have feelings for someone to marry them? O.O This isnt the 16th century, you know.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nibroc420

InEMplease

So you're suggesting transgendered people get hammered and get the surgery done overnight? :roll:

Yes, Nibroc. That's EXACTLY what I was saying. Good job reading between the lines.

There was only one line of text, how can i read "between the lines" if there's only one line? :? *is confused*