Imageshack uploaded vital information from my computer.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

I installed "GNOME-Do" in ubuntu, selected image shack, and it uploaded important images on my computer onto imageshack. Is there a way I can track it down and report?

Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
What kind of important images?
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

Can you prove it, what did it upload that you didn't want exactly?

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tjeremiah1988

duxup
address and i believe credit number. I usually save a screenshot of orders i make in a folder in my computer and also print them out.
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="duxup"]

address and i believe credit number. I usually save a screenshot of orders i make in a folder in my computer and also print them out.

Oh boy. That is not good.
Immortalica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Immortalica
Member since 2008 • 6309 Posts
[QUOTE="duxup"]

Tjeremiah1988

Uh-oh. Might want to email them if you can.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 duxup

[QUOTE="duxup"]

Tjeremiah1988

I would think if that was happening someone else would have discovered it too... You sure the software is interpreting everything correctly?

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tjeremiah1988
[QUOTE="danjammer69"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="duxup"]

Oh boy. That is not good.

ahh, stupid stupid stupid. Im not sure if they show in the entire credit number but instead of X's. Im so confused right now. But I know the majority had my address.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Damn that sucks, I do the same thing except in my screenshots (maybe it's just the websites I've bought from) they all have the credit card details "x-x-x-x" and only show the starting/ending numbers, though it does show my name/phone number/address :P
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tjeremiah1988

duxup

I would think if that was happening someone else would have discovered it too... You sure the software is interpreting everything correctly?

yeah, I got a notification saying X was uploaded to imageshack and it basically cleaned my file of images..
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tjeremiah1988
Damn that sucks, I do the same thing except in my screenshots (maybe it's just the websites I've bought from) they all have the credit card details "x-x-x-x" and only show the starting/ending numbers, though it does show my name/phone number/address :P Brainkiller05
yea, they do, my one i did recently (godaddy) im not sure if it showed my entire credit number or xxxx. Im looking for the print paper right now.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 duxup

[QUOTE="duxup"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] address and i believe credit number. I usually save a screenshot of orders i make in a folder in my computer and also print them out. Tjeremiah1988

yeah, I got a notification saying X was uploaded to imageshack and it basically cleaned my file of images..

I don't think that qualifies as knowing if the software really was interpreting what was happening properly. Did you do something that might have uploaded these images? I've never heard of imageshack just uploading stuff...

Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Dohttp://do.davebsd.com/ By the sounds of things you did it accidently, were the photos uploaded to your account? Just delete them.
flacracker173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 flacracker173
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts

Why dont you give me those numbers and I can track them down for you!

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="duxup"] I would think if that was happening someone else would have discovered it too... You sure the software is interpreting everything correctly?

duxup

I don't think that qualifies as knowing if the software really was interpreting what was happening properly. Did you do something that might have uploaded these images? I've never heard of imageshack just uploading stuff...

i download this app that allows you to do things quicker. Like check your email without opening your browser or just type a files name and it opens. This is the app. http://do.davebsd.com/ . In "gnome-do" it has the option to upload a image to imageshack. I seen the "post your desktop thread" and decided to take part in it. I hit print screen and it save it. I go to gnome do , select image shack, and instead of uploading just that one image, it sent all on my computer to imageshack. I dont have an account for imageshack so most likely it sent it all over imageshack. Sorry if im not explaining this right :(
Blackviperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Blackviperr
Member since 2009 • 972 Posts
[QUOTE="duxup"]

Tjeremiah1988

Sue them for 50,000$
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tjeremiah1988
heres the desciption. At the time I didnt have a imageshack account http://do.davebsd.com/wiki/index.php?title=ImageShack_Plugin
cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#18 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

What sort of vital information do you mean? Tell us about it and we can help instead of keeping it a little secret. Or are you kidding...

Blackviperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blackviperr

Why dont you give me those numbers and I can track them down for you!

flacracker173
DOOOOOOOOOOONT!!!!!!
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tjeremiah1988

Blackviperr

Sue them for 50,000$

i cant sue anyway, its the apps fault/user fault, not imageshacks. Im still not sure if it in fact went on imageshack. All it said was uploading X and it uploaded all. The name was "screenshot" in png format. But it said something about if u have an account, it will upload them there, at the time I didnt have an account.
Blackviperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blackviperr
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="Blackviperr"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] address and i believe credit number. I usually save a screenshot of orders i make in a folder in my computer and also print them out.

Sue them for 50,000$

i cant sue anyway, its the apps fault/user fault, not imageshacks. Im still not sure if it in fact went on imageshack. All it said was uploading X and it uploaded all. The name was "screenshot" in png format. But it said something about if u have an account, it will upload them there, at the time I didnt have an account.

well do somethin about it faast dont stay i OT.. Gooooooooooooo
McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts
Show us the pictures of your credit card so we can help you easier.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

if u can prove this and it's not your fault i would sue them

bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bean-with-bacon
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="Blackviperr"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] address and i believe credit number. I usually save a screenshot of orders i make in a folder in my computer and also print them out.

Sue them for 50,000$

Try doing a search for the names of the images that were on you're computer, if they were uploaded they might still have the original names in the image url, also might be an idea to cancel your credit card it your really worried.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
[QUOTE="bean-with-bacon"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="Blackviperr"] Sue them for 50,000$

Try doing a search for the names of the images that were on you're computer, if they were uploaded they might still have the original names in the image url, also might be an idea to cancel your credit card it your really worried.

just before I searched "untitled" along with more... well, more detailed searches and I found a lot of account information/emails/passwords etc :lol: people really need to be more careful what I upload to imageshack, though I think if you don't have an account then the image doesn't show up in the search.
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bean-with-bacon
[QUOTE="Brainkiller05"][QUOTE="bean-with-bacon"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] i cant sue anyway, its the apps fault/user fault, not imageshacks. Im still not sure if it in fact went on imageshack. All it said was uploading X and it uploaded all. The name was "screenshot" in png format. But it said something about if u have an account, it will upload them there, at the time I didnt have an account.

just before I searched "untitled" along with more... well, more detailed searches and I found a lot of account information/emails/passwords etc :lol: people really need to be more careful what I upload to imageshack, though I think if you don't have an account then the image doesn't show up in the search.

Wow, I tried searches and found some pretty revealing info, man some people are idiots, I wonder how many have been scammed like this.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tjeremiah1988
[QUOTE="bean-with-bacon"][QUOTE="Brainkiller05"][QUOTE="bean-with-bacon"] Try doing a search for the names of the images that were on you're computer, if they were uploaded they might still have the original names in the image url, also might be an idea to cancel your credit card it your really worried.

Wow, I tried searches and found some pretty revealing info, man some people are idiots, I wonder how many have been scammed like this.

what did u type in? The name of mines was Screenshot in a png format. Was a godaddy page.
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bean-with-bacon
Yeah I also tried screenshot, I also did stuff like transaction, transaction proof, history, receipt, history etc etc, some user's blocked out personal info, other weren't so smart, or forgot about other important bits.