I'm worried about my friend

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 fantasyfacade
Member since 2006 • 8317 Posts

Last night at about half 11. I got a weird message from one of my friends saying "Thanks a lot. Goodbye". It's the goodbye part that has me freaking out. He suffers from anxiety, depression and probably other stuff he hasn't told me. We hang out a lot and he was trying to get through to me earlier that day, asked if he could hang out later and tried to ring me, but I missed the call and didn't ring back as I didn't have the credit. To be honest I don't even know what tone I should read the message in, so I instantly tried to ring him with the very little credit I had. At this point all bad thing were running through my head. Made worse as he didn't pick up his phone. Sent a text and tried to ring him twice. So noticing his best friend was online on facebook I sent him a message telling him that I was worried and he tried to ring him but he got nothing, he even sent him a message. Then we noticed his facebook account had suddenly been deleted. So his best friend contacted his girlfriend to ask her to try get through to him, but there was no answer for her either.

This made me panic more. I suffer from anxiety too and have made myself sick with worry, literally sick. Also I suffered from depression years ago and I know the things that go through your mind. I was meant to be helping him, be the person he can vent to as he felt no one else but me understood what he was going through and I feel like I've let him down. I don't know what to do as I can't contact him and don't know where he is. Right now every alarm bell is ringing in my head, but I don't know if my own anxiety is making me think these things or if there is a ground to be so worried.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

um...the fvck are we supposed to do?....good luck?

fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fantasyfacade
I'm asking for someone else's perspective. I don't know if its just my own anxiety blowing it out of proportion or if I have grounds to worry.
Second_Hokage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Second_Hokage
Member since 2011 • 1104 Posts
When theres an emergency, the last thing you should do Is waste time posting about it. Contact the authorities or his family.
fantasyfacade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fantasyfacade
I've only know him less than a year. So I don't know his family at all, only his gf and his son. Who was contacted by his best friend when I told him I was worried. Authorities won't do anything until no one has heard from his for 24hours.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17640 Posts
I've only know him less than a year. So I don't know his family at all, only his gf and his son. Who was contacted by his best friend when I told him I was worried. Authorities won't do anything until no one has heard from his for 24hours.fantasyfacade
I believe that's only if the person is missing. They will act immediately on a suicide threat. Could be wrong on that though. Yes, you have grounds to be concerned. Hopefully he's alright. Good luck.
PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Try going to him.Maybe. I don't know...

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Notify the cops if you're that worried about him.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

or you could just go round his house?

Dubaholick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dubaholick
Member since 2012 • 93 Posts
He might appreciate it if you were to show up at his place in person, I suggest you go and see him. Otherwise Best of luck, I hope things turn out for the best. And if something does happen to him try and keep calm, don't go and do anything drastic.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

He's okay.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
I'm worried about your friend too, even though I don't know him.:)
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#14 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

Why not go to his house, you know, see him in person?

OrianaDorta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OrianaDorta
Member since 2005 • 3114 Posts

sounds like an attention whore

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I've only know him less than a year. So I don't know his family at all, only his gf and his son. Who was contacted by his best friend when I told him I was worried. Authorities won't do anything until no one has heard from his for 24hours.fantasyfacade

There's a difference between thinking someone has gone missing and if they're about to kill themselves. Police respond instantly to suicide threats because if they don't they might as well do nothing.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Call him or go to his house. Beyond that, nothing you can really do. I'm not sure the police are going to respond to a text that says goodbye.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Contact his parents, or whoever is close to him. If that fails, call the police. This happened to me once, I had a feeling. The person tried to OD on pills, he lived though. Perhaps because I called and his mother was able to shake him awake, but perhaps that had nothing to do with it. All I know is I'm glad I got somebody to check on him. Follow your gut.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

OrianaDorta

mhm

Second_Hokage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Second_Hokage
Member since 2011 • 1104 Posts

[QUOTE="OrianaDorta"]

TheFallenDemon

mhm

Its possible. Some people just want to see how others would react if they acted that way.