I'm lucky I didn't die today

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mfrank0607

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mfrank0607
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts

So I was at work and roughly 9 feet above ground on a ladder, cue me trying to get down but due to my weight the ladder breaks and falls over. As I fall I narrowly miss hitting my head on a small raised concrete wall. I land and start cursing enough to make a sailor blush and causing a lot of commotion through the building.

So how have any of you come close to death lately? I added a question to promote discussion, so don't tell me to blog it.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

I'm glad you're ok.

:)

I've never come close to death.

Jaks_Secret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Jaks_Secret
Member since 2006 • 9003 Posts
I almost got hit by a car today. Admittedly, that isn't all that exciting, but it's the best I've got.
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 stedtfeld
Member since 2008 • 1506 Posts
Nope, never been close to dying.
Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
I almost drowned once, in fact I saw my self drowning in third-person then I was taken out of the water. creepy.
xid32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 xid32
Member since 2005 • 1132 Posts
Actually...When when i was a baby and premature, I had pnomonia (is that how you spell it?) and the doctors phoned my parents to tell them i was practically dead. But, i amazingly survived and im getting a good sallary. =)
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Actually, I almost died when my mom was giving birth to me, but I don't count that.

I was born like 5 weeks before the due date.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
I almost got hit by a car today. Admittedly, that isn't all that exciting, but it's the best I've got.Jaks_Secret
I did get hit by a car....on my motorcycle. I was stopped at a stop light, and a Ferrari hit be from behind. If I can upload the pictures, I'll post them here.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
I almost got hit by a car today. Admittedly, that isn't all that exciting, but it's the best I've got.Jaks_Secret
i almost got hit by a semi truck, and let me tell you, that is one rush i never want to experience again. intense, but horrifying.
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts

I was snowboarding once and got to much air off a jump, and i fell like headfirst onto the ground. Was out for about like 6 hours

that wasn't fun :|

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]I almost got hit by a car today. Admittedly, that isn't all that exciting, but it's the best I've got.cell_dweller
I did get hit by a car....on my motorcycle. I was stopped at a stop light, and a Ferrari hit be from behind. If I can upload the pictures, I'll post them here.

thread bookmarked.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts

I almost got killed by a table once.

It was folded up (it was one of those crappy cafeteria tables), and I leaned into it to undo the latch so I could put it down flat. After I did so, my head got caught in the two bars that rest on the floor when it is in use. My skull almost cracked. Really.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I fell off of a bridge that spans a creek at my parents house about a year ago. As i fell, a piece of the flooring of the bridge followed, nail side down. It was stopped by my forhead as a nail came about as close to killing me as possible. It actually left a small little cut on my throat. Not to mention i fell 12 feet, and couldnt breathe.Luckily that little cut on my throat, and really sore back and headache were my only injuries.
Avatar image for playstation_wii
playstation_wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 playstation_wii
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

You should thank God that you are okay.

I was run over by a car once. Straight across my stomach, but I only had a small hairline fracture on my pelvis. I thankGod every day.

mfrank0607

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mfrank0607

You should thank God that you are okay.

I was run over by a car once. Straight across my stomach, but I only had a small hairline fracture on my pelvis. I thankGod every day.

playstation_wii

I thank my incredible physique

I wish I could have seen myself fall off, cause it probably looked funny as hell

-hotaru-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -hotaru-
Member since 2007 • 1380 Posts
Last year I was camping outside in a tent since it was pretty hot inside my house. Not long after I go to bed it begins to storm.
Thinking I sleep it through, it gets worse. So I just decide to go inside and beat the heat (hot summer nights are the worst, 'specially if it's very humid outside) Not five minutes after I go inside I hear this loud crack and thud. Thinking it was just lightning hitting really close I ignore it and go to bed.
Wake up in the morning to find this large tree over my now torn up tent. Could've had serious or fatal puntures to myself if I hadn't been so lucky.
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]I almost got hit by a car today. Admittedly, that isn't all that exciting, but it's the best I've got.cell_dweller

Dang, if you are gonna get hit by a car mind as well make it a nice one :P

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
I see the Assassins have failed.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
i almost fell into a well when i was 3 years old....my mom came out and ran and grabbed me.
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cell_dweller  Moderator

Ravirr
Yea, the best part is, he got a ticket for being on his cell phone, as well as hitting me. Can't talk on a cell anymore in California without a hands-free device. Seriously, if you can afford a damn Ferrari, get a bluetooth headset or something!
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I got hit head on by a car when I was riding my bike once and I don't know how I survived that.
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
No.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f2174cc8f575
deactivated-5f2174cc8f575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 deactivated-5f2174cc8f575
Member since 2005 • 805 Posts
I was hot by a motorcycle while riding my bike when I was younger. I remember seeing it coming as I was crossing the steet but couldn't stop because my brakes didn't work. I started screaming, it was a terrible moment in my life. My front wheel got hit and I went flying onto the sidewalk. I immediately got up and noticed a bunch of people were coming out of their cars. The guy who hit me came back to see if I was okay and fixed my front wheel because it was a little out of place. Anyway, I ended up just getting out of there quickly and going home. That little event had a big impact on my life at the time. I didn't go out for weeks after that and even today I sort of fear the outside world. At least I'm alive and only suffered from some minor scratches and some emotional problems.
BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#24 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
I've never come close to dying, but I have narowly avoided situations that could have led to various injuries.
madcapper248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 madcapper248
Member since 2005 • 1842 Posts
Mine's pretty tame in comparison but I was in a car wreck riding with my friend. If we went into the ditch at any other point along the road we probly would have flipped.
Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Adonymous
Member since 2008 • 1664 Posts

So I was at work and roughly 9 feet above ground on a ladder, cue me trying to get down but due to my weight the ladder breaks and falls over. As I fall I narrowly miss hitting my head on a small raised concrete wall. I land and start cursing enough to make a sailor blush and causing a lot of commotion through the building.

So how have any of you come close to death lately? I added a question to promote discussion, so don't tell me to blog it.

mfrank0607

Dude I know how you feel, I just realized I need new shoes.

3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 3eyedrazorback
Member since 2005 • 16380 Posts
I almost got T-boned the other day.
bigse63xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bigse63xy
Member since 2007 • 942 Posts
The other day I was cliff diving and I dove in head first and almost hit a rock that way just below the water.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts

I almost drowned a few times. When I was two (I think), we were at a party for my grandpa and I fell in the pool. He came over and pulled me out. Another time, some kid tried to drown me when I was 8 or 9. :?

I almost got T-boned the other day.3eyedrazorback

Not the Mustang! :cry:

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts
[QUOTE="Ravirr"]

cell_dweller

Yea, the best part is, he got a ticket for being on his cell phone, as well as hitting me. Can't talk on a cell anymore in California without a hands-free device. Seriously, if you can afford a damn Ferrari, get a bluetooth headset or something!

Yeah, I'm in cali also. So glad they made that rule. Just a bad day for him it seems.

ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ninjabeaver1
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts
Me and my friend was 20 metres away from being hit by a train. I was a dumbass.
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cell_dweller  Moderator

Yeah, I'm in cali also. So glad they made that rule. Just a bad day for him it seems.

Ravirr
It's the best rule ever. Now if they start enforcing it more, I'll be happy.
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
i almost killed myself
mfrank0607

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mfrank0607

i almost killed myself ps3wizard45

Well, thanks for killing this thread, Debbie Downer

In all seriousness, I've had friends try to commit suicide, I hated it so don't do it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts
Well when I was little(I dont remember how old I was) a concrete wall fell on me. I only recall waking up on my grandma's bed.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Damn bro, glad your ok.

And I dont think Ive been close to death. Maybe Im wrong but if so, I dont remember it lol.

tccavey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tccavey2
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

I hate almost dying.

I fell snowboarding once and got hit in the face with someone elses snowboard behind me (almost slit my throat)

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
i almost killed myself ps3wizard45
Glad you didnt bro. Its not the answer. If you need anything to talk about, just give me a PM. Im a good listener.
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
I already died when i was 4. I had open heart sugorey to bandage a hole in the back of my heart. that had to remove my heart from my chest and when they did i flat line for a few , when i woke up i told my mom i was walking in a field of flowers. wierd i was only 4 =/
NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts
I was 12 at the time(i think) and i was on my bike and i got totally owned by an RV. I broke a rib,my left forearm bone (i forgot what it's called),my wrist, anda hairline fracture on my shouldebone. A firehydrant almost smashed my head in two, but luckily my face only hit the concrete and i got away with just scarring. But yeah three years later it's all cool and i'm fine now.
the_man03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_man03
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts

Me and my friend were walking to the train station, we came across a busy street and my friend said to me "C'mon, We can make it!" So I followed him and a few seconds later I hear a car hitting its brakes.

Next thing I know this car hits smacks me and sends me flying a good 10-15 feet. I was really lucky that when I landed on the ground (head first) that my bag pack cushioned my head, or some serious damage would have happened. I really don't know why, but when I landed, I really didnt feel anything but I kept dropping the F-bomb like crazy.

I was lucky that the only injury that I got was a simple scratch on my wrist.

killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts
Watching reruns of Hannah Montana. Almost sold myself into prostitution.
Airsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Airsoul
Member since 2005 • 3155 Posts
I tried to commit suicide many times last year, by jumping out of the balcony from the 4th floor down.... I was so depressed. Even now, I feel depressed.
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

I almost drowned once, in fact I saw my self drowning in third-person then I was taken out of the water. creepy.Tuky06

:shock: the same thing happened to me once as well. Did you also picture your relatives crying when they found out you had drowned and stuff?

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

We used to have a pool, and there was a really small pool right next to it(I have no idea why, it was a hot tub sort of thing). My Mom bought this plastic circular raft thingy that was almost too big to fit in the small pool... We liked to use it in the big pool as kids and just float around.

I believe this happened when I was 8. One day we put it in the small pool so we could just sit around(Don't know why). Then while my friend was inside, I decided to go under the raft to see what it was like. I had to lift it up to get under...But guess what?

It's hard as **** to lift up from under it. I was trapped under it and there were absoloutely no openings. I began banging on the bottom of the raft when my friend rushed over and let me out. My Mom just wagged her finger at me and I moved on like nothing happened...

Kids do really stupid things.

VacantPsalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VacantPsalm
Member since 2008 • 3600 Posts
Isn't everyone lucky they didn't die today? I mean it's definitely something to be thankful for. Not being dead is just so totally awesome. : D
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
I almost fell in front of a speeding car but this kid grabbed my back pack and pulled me back on the sidewalk
TristanShand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TristanShand
Member since 2008 • 1400 Posts

Twice.

First was years back during a school biking trip. We were riding up a long popular trail and I eventually came to a bridge. The people in front had got off there bikes to cross the bridge but I decided to and stay on and balance at a slow speed. To do this you need to sit up and straighten your legs. I did an epic fail and fell sideways, making me go over the barrier and fall about 30ft into the sea. My bike then slid through the barrier and landed on me. The water was also quite shallow. My body has about 4 scars from that incident and i'm really proud of them.

Bonus! I've managed to find a picture of the exact bridge using google.

Second one was when I was snowboarding and almost crashed into a snow plough during a blizzard. That would of been so messy but a great way to die I think.

AltAcct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AltAcct
Member since 2008 • 1100 Posts
Not lately. But, I've had 3 or 4 near misses with the old cowled grimness himself.