im a up and coming rapper....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lolodadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lolodadon
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

ive been writing rhymes for like 5-6 years now and lately alot has been game based and i figured id do one to one of the most recognizeable series ever....mario....then i did one for halo and while the mario one has to be redone (stupid guitar hero mic) the halo one is presentable. now if you listen look past the horrid production value and just tell me honestly what you think HERES the link enjoy!:D id like comment if you can plz

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
It was alright I suppose. Not the best but not the worst either.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
Eww. >_> No offense... but /barf
lolodadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lolodadon

i mean its not my best but its the best thing i have that pertains to games and gaming topics...check my other stuff namely one called "fire" its not bad...

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]Eww. >_> No offense... but /barf

same. vocal talent has so many better uses than rap it isn't even funny
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
OT, become an artist in a genre that requires musical talent. otherwise you are just plaguing the world with more of the same garbage.
Homiegesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Homiegesus
Member since 2003 • 5706 Posts

I don't mean to be critical but I was very surprised to hear that you lacked any real emotion whatsoever. Not to rub my scrutiny in any harder but I was very much considering that this is a joke for quite a few reasons but if it's not I hope you will appreciate this constructive criticism. The only reason I see any art being pursued is to exude your persona and feelings toward something and all I got was that you were subconsciously uninterested in what you were saying and on top of that it lacked any fluidity or tone. Try figuring out what your reason is for doing this then try to build confidence, once you have done this then figure out why you are using the specific words you use and listen to the music while doing this. I was under the impression that most rappers create a beat to go with the vocals but it seems you have done the opposite, if this is the case then you should be creating lyrics from the music.

Homiegesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Homiegesus
Member since 2003 • 5706 Posts
OT, become an artist in a genre that requires musical talent. otherwise you are just plaguing the world with more of the same garbage.nimatoad2000
I'm sure I listen to much of the same genre's that you do but I find this comment quite ignorant to be honest with you. I don't think genre's themselves are made to be irrelevant its certain groups of artists that are a part of it. Now I assume you based this opinion off of the music that you have heard from the radio but there is meaningful, artistic, expressive artists who have created good music from this style of expression.
ras2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ras2009
Member since 2006 • 2772 Posts

Pretty bad, Makes Soulja boi sound like 2pac :| True Story..

Heretix_Aevum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heretix_Aevum
Member since 2005 • 4105 Posts

I'm a huge rap fan and I don't want to be an ass, I want to give some genuine criticism which may or may not help you improve. I didn't like it.

4. things were wrong for me personally.

1. Deliverance. I found it to be too slow, which isn't a bad thing, but your voice didn't really do anything creative. It was the same tone pattern over and over every line, which made your slow deliverance sound as bland as hell. I don't know whether it's just my personal taste, I like more agressive and precision deliverance vocally.

2. Theme. This is something that i guess I can't really tell you to change, but I think that taking yourself seriously when rapping about video games is really lame. It makes you look like a poser. If you gave it some more flare and humour, and used your voice to make this lack of seriousness obvious, it wouldn't look anywhere near as silly.

3. The beat. I really think you need to consider the music you rap to far more seriously. This particular background music, Halo, just doesn't really go well with rap, sorry.

4. Lyrics. This was the worst for me out of what I had to complain about. To me, and many other rap fans (The ones who like real rap anyway) want to hear stories about people's lives, and cold hard facts of life that make you think. I found myself rolling my eyes just listening to your lyrics, without even taking into account the other aspects. All I heard was 'Yeah I'm the best, I'm taking this into lockdown, I like to inflate my ego etc.'. Again, this could be taste. Maybe you listen to all this new crap like Lil Wayne and Soulja Boy, where the lyrics are just garbage. Me, I like KRS-One, N.W.A. and all that, where lyrics are the top priority.

Now, don't listen to all these people saying that rap is bad and all that, they either don't understand what true rap is, or they just don't like it, so forget them. As someone who likes rap, I'm telling you that it wasn't very good, and as harsh as it feels to say it, it was fake.

Sorry man :(.

EvilSteveo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EvilSteveo
Member since 2008 • 1995 Posts

I would like my brain cells i lost while listening to that back please.

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

Sounds like you're whispering because your parents are sleeping.

trubluah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 trubluah
Member since 2002 • 3678 Posts
Oh wow... I don't know what you really expected when you published it and shared with GS...especially with OT, who is known to be very critical and opinionated. Since I am one of the OT here at GS, I have to say stop. We have so many rap artists who recycle and resample music to try to make it "original" and you're fit that bill. Sorry I can't take a rap artist seriously if they are using Halo's music as their music and have such a monotone voice that shows no expressions. But seriously, what did you really believe you would gain from the OT by sharing this?
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]OT, become an artist in a genre that requires musical talent. otherwise you are just plaguing the world with more of the same garbage.Homiegesus
I'm sure I listen to much of the same genre's that you do but I find this comment quite ignorant to be honest with you. I don't think genre's themselves are made to be irrelevant its certain groups of artists that are a part of it. Now I assume you based this opinion off of the music that you have heard from the radio but there is meaningful, artistic, expressive artists who have created good music from this style of expression.

Good rap takes a lyrical, expressive, and poetic talent I could never dream of, and I respect that, but I agree with nimatoad, it doesn't take much musical talent at all. A good rapper is a good poet/lyricist, they are masters of language, but they are not musicians.

Still, that was pretty bad in both respects, sorry, TC. :(

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

I can't judge because if i imagined it in better quality then it isn't to bad but as it stands now it just kind of hurts my head because of the tremendous quality esspecially for music but the lyrics are good.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Didn't like it.
Avatar image for narutoisapirate
narutoisapirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 narutoisapirate
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

Didn't like it.Lonelynight
same.try going a little faster,and make up some better ryhmes.dont give up

oldmanriver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 oldmanriver1
Member since 2009 • 726 Posts

You need more energy and expression. atm it just sounds you like you don't care. BTW asking for OT's opinion won't get you anywhere as a large amount of people here hate rap.

carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts

You need a better story, I just heard words that rhymed but otherwise sometimes didn't make any sense more then it sounded the same,

You need better producing equipment for sure to make it sound better but I would say it was alright the problem is that it took you 5-6 years to get to these standards, sorry :/

You sound like a white guy so leave the N word out of your rhymes...

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts
It was like Vanilla Ice got drunk and hit XBOX Live.
Odnomiar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Odnomiar
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

You need a better story, I just heard words that rhymed but otherwise sometimes didn't make any sense more then it sounded the same,

You need better producing equipment for sure to make it sound better but I would say it was alright the problem is that it took you 5-6 years to get to these standards, sorry :/

You sound like a white guy so leave the N word out of your rhymes...

carlandcarl

Here here!

I listened and just thought, WOW, did he just say that?

also, while I appreciate that you may be a very big fan of rap and all things "gangsta", remember, you probably aren't very "gangsta" yourself. Which just makes you sound a little deluded and a bit pretentious.Add some flair and some humour. liven it up a bit. you're vocalizing a passion for gaming.it doesn't sound rightbeingseriousabout something that is generally a fun and enjoyablehobby or passtime.

As another poster noted, the best rappers put their personal stories and life in their art. Eminem, Jay-Z and even Egomanic and professional Jackass Kanye West put their heart in their rhymes. you have none of that.

i'm being honest. I'm sorry if this puts achink in your bling,or whatever... but it really isn't you man.

And, the Halo Theme, Iconic, Heroic, mythic and internationally lauded as the best Video game theme ever cemented in history.It should evoke feelings of utter awesomeness... imagine if one of the rappers above used it?how would they use it?What would they "lace the track" with? Probably deep and meaningful prose and relevations of inner growth or turmoil, and maybe something to laugh at... the things that good rappers are good at.

What you did, and this is my simon cowell impression, was wrong... just wrong...

lolodadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lolodadon

im actually black soo...ok i do appreciate everyones feed back so thank you...

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
I can tell you that you are not going to get signed anytime soon, but keep working at it.