If You Were a Mod...Would You Lock These Threads? *Somewhat a Long Read*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aznsilvrboy
Member since 2002 • 11495 Posts

*Mods I've read through the GameSpot Terms of Service thoroughly and the contents of my post is not transmitting any offensive material, it's not trolling (solely intended to to annoy and/or offend others), and it isn't flaming (insults, directly or indirectly). The SOLE purpose of this thread is to collect opinions on a question which spawned from my moderation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days ago, I created a thread asking if anyone can prove a tautology ( is a sentence that is true in every valuationof its propositional variables, regardless of the truth values assigned to these variables):

Then a mod who I shall not name locks it saying that I should do my own homework.

Then I make another thread (same thread) because I see no justification behind his actions:

Explaining that I did NOT ask anyone to post a solution. I can't be at fault for his assumptions. Then he TRIES to justify the second locking of my thread with this:

"If you didn't need help on it for your homework assignment, you wouldn't have mentioned it was your homework assignment. So... don't make this thread again."

^Proposition variable p: Mentioning that it was my homework assignment.

Proposition variable q: Needing help on my homework assignment.

His logic is as follows: p -> q

That proposition is logically wrong on so many aspects. I only mentioned that it was a part of a question of an assignment that I spent over 1 hour on (this is why i referenced that it was homework) to give an impression on the difficulty of the problem.

Secondly, I wanted to get answers for my homework assignment so I purposely mention that it's for my homework assignment right? (sarcasm, in case you can't detect it)

It's ironic how my topic was about propositional logic, yet he displayed none of it (anyone who takes high level discrete mathematics would know this).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...if you were a mod, would you have locked my threads:question:

*By the way, I managed to prove that tautology without a truth table and just submitted it as a part of my assignment earlier this evening. If anyone is interested, here's the tautology:

[(p -> q) ^ (q -> r)] -> (p -> r)

It is also known as hypothetical syllogism.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

First time...no.

second time...yeah, since I think you aren't allowed to repost a locked topic.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
once I got suspended for 3 days for saying 1 :|
Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Aznsilvrboy

First time...no.

second time...yeah, since I think you aren't allowed to repost a locked topic.

Hewkii

There wouldn't have been a second topic if the first one wasn't locked. Also where does it state that you can't remake a locked topic?

g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
i would have locked it too, it would be a useless thread, 95% of the people here probably dont know what that means and would wikipediaed it and tell you stuff you already know, if you even found someone that helpful, sorry man, thats just my take
vc15sa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vc15sa
Member since 2004 • 858 Posts
If I was a mod, I'd basically let this place go to hell.
sinizegreywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 sinizegreywing
Member since 2006 • 1134 Posts
Do a barrel roll.
Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aznsilvrboy

i would have locked it too, it would be a useless thread, 95% of the people here probably dont know what the means and would wikipedia it and tell you stuff you already know, if you even found someone that helpful, sorry man, thats just my takeg-unit248

Actually a lot of users here are in post-secondary education and they would know what I was talking about. I didn't need help...i dont know where you got that idea from.

Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts

Mate, take it to ask the mods...if you got issues with moderations...take it there.

PS. Don't go trying to rally support amongst us, because we don't understand either context from your POV nor the Mod's POV. Moderations are strictly personal.

vc15sa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vc15sa
Link to the thread?
Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Aznsilvrboy

Mate, take it to ask the mods...if you got issues with moderations...take it there.
Judza

Apparently you didn't read my post (not even the first 10 lines) right?

Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Aznsilvrboy

Link to the thread?vc15sa

I can't post the links or else this mod's identity would be jeopardized and I'm sure he doesn't want to be recognized as someone who doesn't possess good logic.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

Link to the thread?vc15sa

i also want to c.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

There wouldn't have been a second topic if the first one wasn't locked. Also where does it state that you can't remake a locked topic?

Aznsilvrboy

that may be SW rules only, since it does state so here.

vc15sa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vc15sa
You are right about the mod, if that matters at all.
Breesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Breesy
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
Who cares? If i was a mod i'd ban you for posting something so irrelevently stupid.
QuinnTheEskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QuinnTheEskimo
Member since 2005 • 1553 Posts

The mentality of gamespot mods...

Watch, i'll prolly get banned for that pic...:roll:

Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Judza

[QUOTE="Judza"]Mate, take it to ask the mods...if you got issues with moderations...take it there.
Aznsilvrboy

I read it, and this isn't the forum for posts like this. You have an issue with a moderation, all you are doing is trying to rally support for a personal cause. It has nothing to do with us, and our opinions are not going to change the fact that you received a moderation.

Thus I fail to see why you would be so interested in collecting opinions if you don't feel hard done by.

Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Aznsilvrboy

Who cares? If i was a mod i'd ban you for posting something so irrelevently stupid.Breesy

You realize that the adjective "irrelevantly" (you didnt even spell it right) stopped your sentence from making sense. What's stupid? What's irrelevant?

Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Aznsilvrboy
[QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]

[QUOTE="Judza"]Mate, take it to ask the mods...if you got issues with moderations...take it there.
Judza

I read it, and this isn't the forum for posts like this. You have an issue with a moderation, all you are doing is trying to rally support for a personal cause. It has nothing to do with us, and our opinions are not going to change the fact that you received a moderation.

Thus I fail to see why you would be so interested in collecting opinions if you don't feel hard done by.

I've already tried to appeal my moderation in the Ask the Mods forum. So don't tell me to take it elsewhere. I didn't call for any support in this post either. This thread is not about my moderation because that's done with. This thread is asking a hypothetical question rooted from my moderation. I'm asking you guys to make a choice independantly. How can I guarantee that the poll will actually turn out in my favor (this nullifies your argument already).

Breesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Breesy

[QUOTE="Breesy"]Who cares? If i was a mod i'd ban you for posting something so irrelevently stupid.Aznsilvrboy

You realize that the adjective "irrelevantly" (you didnt even spell it right) stopped your sentence from making sense. What's stupid? What's irrelevant?

Its a word i made up and is about as interesting as this thread. Didnt you read the TOS...you dont have to spell everything correctly.

Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Aznsilvrboy
[QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]

[QUOTE="Breesy"]Who cares? If i was a mod i'd ban you for posting something so irrelevently stupid.Breesy

Its a word i made up and is about as interesting as this thread. Didnt you read the TOS...you dont have to spell everything correctly.

I didn't say you should get modded for spelling something wrong, so I' dont even know why you're even mentioning the ToS. Good logic will do a lot for you :|

Breesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Breesy
[QUOTE="Breesy"][QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]

[QUOTE="Breesy"]Who cares? If i was a mod i'd ban you for posting something so irrelevently stupid.Aznsilvrboy

I didn't say you should get modded for spelling something wrong, so I' dont even know why you're even mentioning the ToS. Good logic will do a lot for you :|

Good punctuation will do a lot for you. I mean where is the period at the end? I can barely understand what you are saying because of it.

Rudi-Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rudi-Johnson
Member since 2007 • 1320 Posts

mods will find a way to mod this topic, lock it, then moderate you....

they always do...

I was moderated for posting a link to xbox.com in the xbox 360 boards...the mods probably didnt even bother clicking the link and just locked it for "advertising"

I took it to ask the mods, and the guys reasoning after a little bit of arguing (he was not using any logic at all while he tried to defend is moderation) and his point was "by posting xbox.com you are giving free advertising to Microsoft, There is nothing to discuss and this thread is locked"

I lost the little amount of respect I had for the mods right there...advertising microsoft :roll:

Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Judza
[QUOTE="Judza"][QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]

Aznsilvrboy

I've already tried to appeal my moderation in the Ask the Mods forum. So don't tell me to take it elsewhere. I didn't call for any support in this post either. I'm asking you to make a choice independantly. How can I guarantee that the poll will actually turn out in my favor (this nullifies your argument already).

I said that our opinions affect little in the grand scheme of things, however it seems that any post or opinion made by another member that is not favourable is quickly dismissed by you.

Your reply to my post and that of Hewkii and Breesy show that you really don't agree with the users who post their explanations for their opinions. Again, as I said, we are not mods, nor do we have any validity in our opinions (favourable or opposed) since the context of this moderation is personally yours and the moderator who moderated you alone. Hence, it does not belong on this forum. It belongs in "Ask the mods".

If you cannot accept the responses given to you in that forum, then that is your perogative, however, as it is said in the TOS, and the Welcome Guide, moderations are personal and should not be shared on the public forums.

/discussion.

Breesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Breesy

mods will find a way to mod this topic, lock it, then moderate you....

they always do...

I was moderated for posting a link to xbox.com in the xbox 360 boards...the mods probably didnt even bother clicking the link and just locked it for "advertising"

I took it to ask the mods, and the guys reasoning after a little bit of arguing (he was not using any logic at all while he tried to defend is moderation) and his point was "by posting xbox.com you are giving free advertising to Microsoft, There is nothing to discuss and this thread is locked"

I lost the little amount of respect I had for the mods right there...advertising microsoft :roll:

Rudi-Johnson

Wow, how did you live through something like that? I can't even begin to understand the effects of something so traumatizing.

vc15sa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vc15sa
Breesy, can you live without riding the mod's love train?
Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Aznsilvrboy
[QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"][QUOTE="Breesy"][QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]

[QUOTE="Breesy"]Who cares? If i was a mod i'd ban you for posting something so irrelevently stupid.Breesy

Good punctuation will do a lot for you. I mean where is the period at the end? I can barely understand what you are saying because of it.

I'm sure logic prevails over punctuation, especially a dot at the end. It's ironic how you mananged to give a relevant response while you could barely understand me. I'm also using a laptop right now and the keys aren't that great, I might have pressed the period but it just didn't show up and I didn't notice. On the other hand, I'm positive that your misspell was not by mistake as 'a' and 'e' are not that hard to differenciate on the keyboard.

Breesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Breesy

Breesy, can you live without riding the mod's love train?vc15sa

I like to think so.

Breesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Breesy
[QUOTE="Breesy"][QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"][QUOTE="Breesy"][QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]

I'm sure logic prevails over punctuation, especially a dot at the end. It's ironic how you mananged to give a relevant response while you could barely understand me. I'm also using a laptop right now and the keys aren't that great, I might have pressed te period but it just didn't show up and I didn't notice. On the other hand, I'm positive that your misspell was not by mistake as 'a' and 'e' are not that hard to differenciate on the keyboard.

I think I can understand you, but I'm not certain. It takes awhile to decode such primitive language and punctuation usage.

Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Aznsilvrboy

PS. Don't go trying to rally support amongst us, because we don't understand either context from your POV nor the Mod's POV. Moderations are strictly personal.

Judza

Didn't rally for support (where did I seek support in my original post?). If you think that the point of my thread is to rally for support then I ask you this: How can I guarantee the results of the poll will be in my favor?

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#33 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
I found out who the mod was, I looked in your post history :oops:...anyways it seemed a little harsh to me, but you should have pm'd the mod instead of making another thread.
Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Aznsilvrboy
[QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"][QUOTE="Breesy"][QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"][QUOTE="Breesy"][QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]

I'm sure logic prevails over punctuation, especially a dot at the end. It's ironic how you mananged to give a relevant response while you could barely understand me. I'm also using a laptop right now and the keys aren't that great, I might have pressed te period but it just didn't show up and I didn't notice. On the other hand, I'm positive that your misspell was not by mistake as 'a' and 'e' are not that hard to differenciate on the keyboard.

I think I can understand you, but I'm not certain. It takes awhile to decode such primitive language and punctuation usage.

Well thats fine. I'm bilingual, are you? If not then I guess you're stuck with this primitive language called "English".

SkylinePigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 SkylinePigeon
Member since 2005 • 2625 Posts

Ultimately it is not important whether other users would have or would not have locked your thread. It was locked by a moderator, which is what matters.

If you need clarification on why the moderation happened, you can always go to the Ask the Mods forum. If you're still not happy, feel free to contact Gamespot customer support.