If this is true, then i'll be pissed...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

volgin_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 volgin_101
Member since 2005 • 927 Posts
For those who don't know what the TAKS is, it's a state standardized test that must be met by high school seniors in order to graduate. There have been rumors going around that the state will be getting rid of the test, which deals with math, language arts, history, and science. The problem is, I haven't passed the science yet, and I have 2 times to pass it I do believe. I just find the whole damn thing impossible to past, and the only tutoring I know of is for the math portion.
So, what i'm basicaly saying is that I hope they don't get rid of it, while I had to struggle with it.

Don't you just hate these types of test?
Avatar image for LA_lakers_4life
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 LA_lakers_4life
Member since 2006 • 7051 Posts
california has the CAHSEE....passed it my first try.....considering its like 8th grade level everyone should pass it.....but lots do not
volgin_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 volgin_101
california has the CAHSEE....passed it my first try.....considering its like 8th grade level everyone should pass it.....but lots do notLA_lakers_4life
We're given more than enough times to retake it, but it still sucks.
TERMINAT0R1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TERMINAT0R1
Member since 2004 • 3267 Posts
I hate standardized tests. There is way too much emphasis on them. Grades should account for like 85% of whether one graduates or not.
Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts
california has the CAHSEE....passed it my first try.....considering its like 8th grade level everyone should pass it.....but lots do notLA_lakers_4life
Yeah. I had to take it too... and passed it in my first try as well. :)
MordusMythril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MordusMythril
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts
What I hate the most about TAKS is that most people finish after an hour and a half, but then there's ALWAYS those few people that are either ****ing retarded, or try too hard, and take 4 hours just to finish the damned thing, and you're sitting there with a couple friends around you and are unable to talk because of those damned few that lack the capacity to understand the question or just try too hard to make a level 3. It especially pisses me off when people do that in the tenth grade (which I am in), because it doesn't even count until the junior year.
Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Carlos_Santana
Member since 2006 • 4316 Posts
What I hate the most about TAKS is that most people finish after an hour and a half, but then there's ALWAYS those few people that are either ****ing retarded, or try too hard, and take 4 hours just to finish the damned thing, and you're sitting there with a couple friends around you and are unable to talk because of those damned few that lack the capacity to understand the question or just try too hard to make a level 3. It especially pisses me off when people do that in the tenth grade (which I am in), because it doesn't even count until the junior year.
MordusMythril
I know exactley what you mean. At my school, this girl was taking the TAKS...It started at 7:45 and she had to go into overflo and took until 2:15 to finish the English...JUST THE ENGLISH. I finished at 9:50... Also, there are even teahcers at my school who are anti-TAKS...and the science was really hard...
MordusMythril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MordusMythril
[QUOTE="MordusMythril"]What I hate the most about TAKS is that most people finish after an hour and a half, but then there's ALWAYS those few people that are either ****ing retarded, or try too hard, and take 4 hours just to finish the damned thing, and you're sitting there with a couple friends around you and are unable to talk because of those damned few that lack the capacity to understand the question or just try too hard to make a level 3. It especially pisses me off when people do that in the tenth grade (which I am in), because it doesn't even count until the junior year.
Carlos_Santana
I know exactley what you mean. At my school, this girl was taking the TAKS...It started at 7:45 and she had to go into overflo and took until 2:15 to finish the English...JUST THE ENGLISH. I finished at 9:50... Also, there are even teahcers at my school who are anti-TAKS...and the science was really hard...

I took the English test yesterday. It was the easiest damned thing ever. I cannot fathom how people take five minutes to answer questions about grammar such as "Should they're be changed with their?".
NrGcHaRgE021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NrGcHaRgE021
Member since 2003 • 3930 Posts
I dont think we have anything in Pennsylvania....
Undoing_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Undoing_Ruin
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts
So some kids want to do good on those exams. Suck it up, it's a few hours of your life.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
I passed it too. There was one question with a ven diagram and it said like how many things are both. Although it was more specific
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts
I'm lucky Virginia doesn't have a test to determine if you graduate, they do have the Standards of Learning test though, which is just to make sure that everyone knows the basics. I did well in school, so I did'nt have to worry about big standarized tests.
Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Carlos_Santana
[QUOTE="Carlos_Santana"][QUOTE="MordusMythril"]What I hate the most about TAKS is that most people finish after an hour and a half, but then there's ALWAYS those few people that are either ****ing retarded, or try too hard, and take 4 hours just to finish the damned thing, and you're sitting there with a couple friends around you and are unable to talk because of those damned few that lack the capacity to understand the question or just try too hard to make a level 3. It especially pisses me off when people do that in the tenth grade (which I am in), because it doesn't even count until the junior year.
MordusMythril

I took the English test yesterday. It was the easiest damned thing ever. I cannot fathom how people take five minutes to answer questions about grammar such as "Should they're be changed with their?".

We had the worst prompt for the essay EVER. It was "Write about a time you had to resolve a conflict: :|
MordusMythril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MordusMythril
[QUOTE="MordusMythril"][QUOTE="Carlos_Santana"][QUOTE="MordusMythril"]What I hate the most about TAKS is that most people finish after an hour and a half, but then there's ALWAYS those few people that are either ****ing retarded, or try too hard, and take 4 hours just to finish the damned thing, and you're sitting there with a couple friends around you and are unable to talk because of those damned few that lack the capacity to understand the question or just try too hard to make a level 3. It especially pisses me off when people do that in the tenth grade (which I am in), because it doesn't even count until the junior year.
Carlos_Santana

We had the worst prompt for the essay EVER. It was "Write about a time you had to resolve a conflict: :|

Ours was "Write about how a person helped you find out about yourself". What. The. ****.
Alucard32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Alucard32
Member since 2004 • 1321 Posts

same here.. i live in CA and i took that **** freshman year... so easy
volgin_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 volgin_101
So some kids want to do good on those exams. Suck it up, it's a few hours of your life.Undoing_Ruin
How do you think it makes me feel when I have to hear from tons of people about how easy it was, and how they passed all four on their first try?
Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Carlos_Santana
[QUOTE="Carlos_Santana"][QUOTE="MordusMythril"][QUOTE="Carlos_Santana"][QUOTE="MordusMythril"]What I hate the most about TAKS is that most people finish after an hour and a half, but then there's ALWAYS those few people that are either ****ing retarded, or try too hard, and take 4 hours just to finish the damned thing, and you're sitting there with a couple friends around you and are unable to talk because of those damned few that lack the capacity to understand the question or just try too hard to make a level 3. It especially pisses me off when people do that in the tenth grade (which I am in), because it doesn't even count until the junior year.
MordusMythril

Ours was "Write about how a person helped you find out about yourself". What. The. ****.

Are you a sophomore?
SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts
I got lucky.  In my state (sig) they have the CIM.  Certificate of Initial Mastery. It did not become a state standard test until after I graduated.  It was so stupid.  You had to pass speech, english, math, science.  Now it is required for this years seniors juniors and sophomores.  But not for the freshmen because they realized that it was completely pointless and a waste of money.  And only one college in the state really cares about the CIM scores and I dont go to that college.
badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
oh yeah i already passed that on my first try....i wasn't trying, i was just messing around and i got a high score on it....so it's not that hard...
Avatar image for LA_lakers_4life
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 LA_lakers_4life
Member since 2006 • 7051 Posts
[QUOTE="LA_lakers_4life"]california has the CAHSEE....passed it my first try.....considering its like 8th grade level everyone should pass it.....but lots do notAlucard32

same here.. i live in CA and i took that **** freshman year... so easy

yeah...if you cant pass it.....you should not be graduating
volgin_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 volgin_101
oh yeah i already passed that on my first try....i wasn't trying, i was just messing around and i got a high score on it....so it's not that hard...badaboom187
See, what's just what i'm talking about. Why can't I do that.
NrGcHaRgE021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NrGcHaRgE021
Member since 2003 • 3930 Posts
we in NY got the HJYJVJFNNVNFNCJFKC,vkhgHKHKHKHKFRNRNSCKJGJGGJGJGNTNTN NNNNAJAKAAKAKAKAKAAAABOTYJGJGJDJDFOGJDFGJNDFNHSteelandy
That's an interesting way of saying 'regents'
gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts
Ugh, taking the TAKS yesterday was the worst possibly way to waste 4 hours.

It was English, by far the easiest subject on the TAKS, and some people still took like 6 hours to finish.

Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Carlos_Santana

It was English, by far the easiest subject on the TAKS, and some people still took like 6 hours to finish.

gamefreakomega
What grade are you in. If you're a Junior, we probably had the same prompt (which sucked)
volgin_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 volgin_101

gamefreakomega
Some people just can't comprehend with English that well.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Florida has the FCAT. Luckily for me, I finished it all up in my freshman and sophmore year. The testing is next week, and being a senior that has passed it I can skip the entire week. Well except for Wednesday, but woot two 4day weekends in a row? Hell Yes!!!
MordusMythril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MordusMythril
[QUOTE="gamefreakomega"]Ugh, taking the TAKS yesterday was the worst possibly way to waste 4 hours.

volgin_101

And yet the crappy American education system we have drags out English for four more years after middle school, in which you don't learn about the language and its structure, you read books.
gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamefreakomega
[QUOTE="gamefreakomega"]Ugh, taking the TAKS yesterday was the worst possibly way to waste 4 hours.

Carlos_Santana
What grade are you in. If you're a Junior, we probably had the same prompt (which sucked)

I'm a Sophomore.

Our prompt was explaining how someone helped you discover something about yourself.

Yours couldn't have been any worse than that.

MordusMythril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MordusMythril
[QUOTE="Carlos_Santana"][QUOTE="gamefreakomega"]Ugh, taking the TAKS yesterday was the worst possibly way to waste 4 hours.

gamefreakomega

I'm a Sophomore.

Our prompt was explaining how someone helped you discover something about yourself.

That was mine as well.
Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Carlos_Santana
[QUOTE="Carlos_Santana"][QUOTE="gamefreakomega"]Ugh, taking the TAKS yesterday was the worst possibly way to waste 4 hours.

gamefreakomega

I'm a Sophomore.

Yeah, my friend had that. That sounded terrible
Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts

Took exit level English yesterday. That was horrible. Next up, history, science, and math in April. Those will be easy but still these tests make me angry.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#33 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Yeah..My graduating class has been the grade to keep the Gateway and 30 minute essay going. My class started it back in the 6th grade, and every year it's come with us. Now they decided to add another one called the CCA...which just stinks. The questions are just bad and hardly make any sense..and I'm not what one would call a slacker.....good thing I'll be graduating soon.
not_grape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 not_grape
Member since 2006 • 2156 Posts
:o I take the TAKS in April.
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 supermetroidfan

gamefreakomega

I'm a Sophomore.

Write about a time you resolved a conflict for the juniors. Took me a little over an hour to come up with something though I did fall asleep at one point.:oops:. I hate the english. It's the worst out of the 4.

volgin_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 volgin_101
[QUOTE="volgin_101"][QUOTE="gamefreakomega"]Ugh, taking the TAKS yesterday was the worst possibly way to waste 4 hours.

MordusMythril

And yet the crappy American education system we have drags out English for four more years after middle school, in which you don't learn about the language and its structure, you read books.

Took exit level English yesterday. That was horrible. Next up, history, science, and math in April. Those will be easy but still these tests make me angry.

supermetroidfan
I just can't get a hold of stuff when it comes to higher level math, I wish I could though.
KingPeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 KingPeru
Member since 2004 • 4613 Posts
i passed it...no big deal :|
gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamefreakomega
Write about a time you resolved a conflict for the juniors. Took me a little over an hour to come up with something though I did fall asleep at one point.:oops:. I hate the english. It's the worst out of the 4. supermetroidfan
Fun fun.

I heard there was also some depressing story on there about some dude in the Vietnam War who saw his friend get killed.

Speaking of falling asleep. the guy in front of me slept for the first hour, woke up, finished the test in 2 hours, then went back to sleep.

volgin_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 volgin_101
i passed it...no big deal :|KingPeru
Maybe for you, I just wish that people would understand that just because they find something easy, doesn't mean that everyone else will as well.
Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Carlos_Santana
[QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]Write about a time you resolved a conflict for the juniors. Took me a little over an hour to come up with something though I did fall asleep at one point.:oops:. I hate the english. It's the worst out of the 4. gamefreakomega
Fun fun.

I heard there was also some depressing story on there about some dude in the Vietnam War who saw his friend get killed.

Speaking of falling asleep. the guy in front of me slept for the first hour, woke up, finished the test in 2 hours, then went back to sleep.

Yeah, I remember that story. It wasnt that sad though...and kinda blandly written
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 supermetroidfan

[QUOTE="supermetroidfan"]Write about a time you resolved a conflict for the juniors. Took me a little over an hour to come up with something though I did fall asleep at one point.:oops:. I hate the english. It's the worst out of the 4. gamefreakomega
Fun fun.

It was actually about the guy going back to Vietnam 20 years later with his daughter to get over the war.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
it's like any other High School test...
jm4847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 jm4847
Member since 2006 • 3535 Posts
I've never been a fan of standardized testing.
MordusMythril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MordusMythril
it's like any other High School test...Hewkii

Except that it's just a dumb benchmark that doesn't count until your junior year and is merely there for statistics.
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 supermetroidfan

it's like any other High School test...Hewkii

You're right. I remember having a test that has 28 reading questions, 3 open-ended questions, an essay, and 20 revising and editing questions. I really hate those tests cause they take a bunch of class periods.

Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts

For those who don't know what the TAKS is, it's a state standardized test that must be met by high school seniors in order to graduate. There have been rumors going around that the state will be getting rid of the test, which deals with math, language arts, history, and science. The problem is, I haven't passed the science yet, and I have 2 times to pass it I do believe. I just find the whole damn thing impossible to past, and the only tutoring I know of is for the math portion.
So, what i'm basicaly saying is that I hope they don't get rid of it, while I had to struggle with it.

Don't you just hate these types of test?
volgin_101

Heh, i actually didnt have to take any test last year when i graduated high school. Granted, KUHS isnt exactly a highly rated highschool either....

Avatar image for blackacidevil96
blackacidevil96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blackacidevil96
Member since 2006 • 3855 Posts
hahaha TAKS test. what a freakin joke. i got a 98 on the science portion. it was a joke. huge waste of my time. but i passed. and being a senior i got to go in to school at 1145 yesterday....so how was it....sitting there ...testing....knowing i slept.....then stayed at school for 1 hour. took 2 lunches then left for early release....oh yes....the taks is a joke. i cant wait for the 3 days in a row i get to do that later on
gamelord2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gamelord2004
Member since 2004 • 1448 Posts
In FL we have the FCAT and it sucks. When my teacher received 500 FCAT practice booklets for the next 3 years, he banged his head on the wall repeatedly, and said we could light them in a bond-fire at the end of the year.

We've been studying the blues and he played The Allman Brothers Band to show what slide guitar is and he played Led Zepplin to show how British blues went on to become Rock n' roll. He's awesome.