If America is evil, why doesn't the world invade it?

paulagnes1745

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 paulagnes1745
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

Before you say I'm just a sad little troll...... I have read so many times why the world hates Americans:

"Oh they make wars and invade countries and overthrow governments and Americans are fat, stupid, arrogant etc. etc."

And then one day I thought..... if everybody hates them, why doesn't everybody just destroy them?

So..... yes, why doesn't the world just do that? And then divide America and as for Americans, finish them off?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Because the world isn't American? I don't know, that's what I came up with for this dumb thread.

paulagnes1745

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By paulagnes1745
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

@phbz: What?! What do you mean by "the world isn't American"?

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

I am not a learned man so take this with a grain of salt, but many of the reasons, besides our power, are the same reasons the US doesn't go around invading all of it's "enemies" wildly nilly. Namely, nukes, collapse of economies, trade partnerships, dependancy against perceived larger threats.

I also imagine a conventional war against the US would be more about humiliation or putting in a more agreeable regime than siezing land considering how nationalistic we tend to be. there would constant uprising.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Good question. France, Germany, get your ****ing shit a.k.a shiesse, a.k.a. mèrde together,already!

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Best. Question. Ever.

The smart move would be to cause a civil war CIA style.

Stoke up the tensions and release agitation groups in the major cities.

Then, when they are weakened from fighting install a puppet government and just steal all the tax money under the counter back to Europe and distribute it around the world to help try to mend all the various calamities it has caused since its inception.

Maybe rebuild Iraq or something.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Meh, sounds like too much effort. We'll invade you some other time.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

As an American, I'm NOT Evil! I was born this way -_-

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@byof_america: The Russian KGB is currently doing a good job of stoking tensions in the US. And they've even managed to install a puppet regime in America too. Next step would be to provoke another civil war in America, in order to plunge the country into a state of emergency and strengthen their puppet regime.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Sounds more like people dislike the US government and their way of engaging in foreign affairs rather then the citizens who live there.
Personally I think the current US government is so nuts that it's borderline dangerous, but it doesn't mean I don't think most people in the US are well-rounded decent people.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I dont think all the worlds countries goverments are so passionate with their dislike of America to be willing to attack it uniformly but that said the reason they dont even if they wanted to is becasue they do not have the military might to be successful at it.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

It will never happen. Why people hate Americans is a mystery, VERY diverse group of over 300 million people, so no one can say they are this or they are that. Americans are a bit of everything and from every country, right? Perhaps jealous of the freedoms?

Besides, other countries don't have the balls to invade a rich powerful country with 1000's of nukes whose many citizens carry weapons and aren't afraid to use them.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

That's why.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Probably because it's not profitable. Also, I don't know if hate/evil comes into it. Thankfully, unlike America, the rest of the world often has rational pragmatic leaders that think before they act, know the truth, and don't let emotion and so forth factor into their decisions.

Also fear, I imagine. Doesn't the US spend more on defense/military than it's top 20 allies do combined (or something like that).

Sure, England and Germany or Croatia or Mongolia might be able to do some damage but they'd be annihilated, and one more territory would eventually get added to the US because we would totally invade you back and take your resources.

@phbz said:

Because the world isn't American? I don't know, that's what I came up with for this dumb thread.

Sure it is. The world drinks coca-cola, craves freedom and democracy, and everyone loves fried food! That's 'Murica if I ever knew it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jag85
@AFBrat77 said:

Perhaps jealous of the freedoms?

You mean like the freedom to buy assault rifles and gun down people in mass shootings? No, no one is jealous of that. You guys can keep that "freedom" to yourselves.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#16 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@heathen75 said:

That's why.

Yeah, I was thinking that. WWIII is no good for anyone involved.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

it's happening under your noses

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 theone86

@AFBrat77 said:

It will never happen. Why people hate Americans is a mystery, VERY diverse group of over 300 million people, so no one can say they are this or they are that. Americans are a bit of everything and from every country, right? Perhaps jealous of the freedoms?

Besides, other countries don't have the balls to invade a rich powerful country with 1000's of nukes whose many citizens carry weapons and aren't afraid to use them.

What a delusional post.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Really no need to. America is slowly becoming like another European nation and will slowly melt into their world government anyway. Why physically destroy America when you can just slowly take its soul and finances?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#20  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Eh, I don't hate America, nor do I think they're evil. I just think they are, as best as I could put it, "generally well-intentioned - but stupid." Insular, naive, and stupid. It's just a character flaw, and everyone has one.

And I really don't blame them for that either. I just think it comes with being a country that's only 242 years old in a region that's basically a geopolitical island; where nothing truly big and major ever happens and have barely any history worth caring about. It should get better with time. Probably.

As for why the rest of the world won't invade. Er, because no one with any common sense wants to? If everyone reacts to a country that annoys them by immediately invading them, the whole world would be in constant war. Pakistan would be at war with India, who would be at war with China, who would be at war with Japan and Russia, the latter of whom would be at war with the Baltic states, Finland and Poland, the latter of whom would be at war with Germany, who would be at war with France, who would be at war with Algeria, yaddayaddayadda. It's a mess.

And of course, economics. The rest of the world kinda needs America to use their unique fiscal position to buy its stuff. Even countries that don't sell stuff directly to America still indirectly depends on America's purchasing power.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

We've got two giant oceans that you aren't going to get an army across. We have 11 aircraft carriers, each carrying more air power than most countries. There are only 22 active aircraft carriers in the world, and many of those outside the US Navy are retrofitted cold-war relics.

Even if you do get past our military, you now have to contend with every Tom, Dick and Bob who owns a gun. Remember: the United States is the largest armed camp in the world.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/143/769/86b.jpg

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AFBrat77

@theone86:

More like spot on ;)

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AFBrat77

@Jag85:

Way to cherry pick your answer...., you have more opportunity, diversity of products, and freedoms then any other country....it's a big beautiful country lightly populated for its size, if you don't like crime stay away from the inner cities, gun crimes in rural areas are often an anomaly.

An invasion of the U.S. ain't happening.

RTS_Maximalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RTS_Maximalist
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

US Marines

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mandzilla  Moderator

@davillain-: You were born evil?! ?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

The only nations who actaully think the USA are evil are not able to feed there own people or defend themselves, nevermind envade another country

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By theone86
@AFBrat77 said:

@theone86:

More like spot on ;)

Yeah, no dude, it's delusional. Like seriously, if you actually believe all that then you should seek help immediately. The whole "they hate me because I'm beautiful" logic is always a sign that you're out of step with what others actually think of you, and you went to that well a LOT. They're jealous of our freedoms? You do know that there are plenty of other countries with just as many freedoms as us, right? And that we rank lowest of just about all developed countries in terms of living quality? So no,other countries don't "hate us because we have freedom."

In fact, most other countries don't hate us at all, at least not when we refrain from starting illegal wars, banning members of a certain religion from traveling to our country, and forcibly separating families in order to deter immigration. The idea that we're just so perfect and the only reason anybody could hate us is because they're jealous is goddamn insane, especially when there are so many good reasons to be angry with us. We could start with the petulant man-child of a bully we elected to lead us who habitually goes around using aggressive body language as a means of intimidating other world leaders, then work our way down through the refusal to cooperate on climate change, the reneging on treaties, the criticism of international organizations, and the stubborn insistence that we have all the solutions to all the world's problems (see: Jared Kushner's bone-headed statements that he can solve the Palestinian conflict where myriad respected diplomats have failed before him). If you seriously can't take a look in the mirror and honestly assess our country's problems then you have a dangerous lack of self-awareness.

that last bit gets even worse when we can't even solve our own problems. Foreigners see footage of police killings, mass shootings, millions lacking healthcare, millions saddled with student debt, millions struggling to make rent, and then we go around telling them they're screwed up and the only party qualified to fix things is us? That is just the pinnacle of sanctimoniousness. It gets even worse when most of these countries have successfully addressed these issues themselves, but every time an American suggests we emulate them in some way they get shouted down on the basis that America is just plain better than all of them. That's why we don't fix our own issues, because we know better and all those other countries are just suckers for fixing them. No, in fact we're better specifically BECAUSE we don't fix our own issues and are content to go around to people who are struggling and tell them how shit they are for struggling in the first place.

So no, everyone else doesn't hate us, though they may be massively annoyed at our pointless, self-defeating intransigence. And yes, there are some people and countries who do hate us, but it's not because of our freedoms. Usually it's because we supported an illegal coup or interfered in elections or stoked violence in order to impose our own will on other countries. You can come up with all the justifications you want, but if bombs started dropping in your neighborhood you'd be pissed off at whoever was dropping them too, regardless of their reasons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

What do you think Russians been doing all this time, trolling for fun?

The way i see it, if you beat China at war, would you just kill all their citizens and all your country move there and start running their politics with your countries leaders....no....it would be just like Japan after US beat them, its like a bitch slap, stop that fucking Nazi shit and we won't come back. If China beat US, I doubt they'd enslave all the people, we'd all go back to work, and get to live, while other shit changes. I mean the UN is there for a reason, invading a country and taking over just causes chaos. If I wanted US, I would do what all the dirty dog secret societies do, and control from anonymous back room.

Look at Germany they get to exist despite growing the greatest evil of the modern era, Nazi Germany is still there, they just took out all the Nazis. So if US is evil, I doubt that anyone wants to hurt the country or stop its economics, but would go after the bad ones, like overthrow our government and remove all the shitheads and reform us. Chances are, even if someone did beat US, they'd just mix American shit with their China shit,

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@mandzilla said:

If the name applies, then yes :P

But anyways, most 3rd world Countries see the US as a bully. We get more aggressive by the days, we take their lands as we dig for oil and stuff like that. Sometimes I'm against my own Countryman when it comes to heavy political situations.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@crimsonbrute: dammit all. beat me to it :)

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AFBrat77

@theone86:

First of all, I don't think everyone hates us, the TC made that assumption.And I never said there wasn't good reasons why some countries hate our government and it's incursions into their affairs. I still maintain that it's better the U.S. play policemen then nearly anyone else.

Second, I believe what I say and I'm not delusional in the least. I believe a lot of people outside the U.S. wish they had it as good as we do. Not everyone of course. Sure, Trump is an inept president and Congress as is is ineffective to say the least, but much of the rest of the world doesn't have it this good. You need to settle down from a misguided attempt at psychoanalysis of someone you don't know. Do you see people freaking out about having to live in the horrible U.S.? Thank God I live here!

You can have whatever excuse you want to write your wall of text, it's your time to waste.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 theone86
@AFBrat77 said:

@theone86:

First of all, I don't think everyone hates us, the TC made that assumption.And I never said there wasn't good reasons why some countries hate our government and it's incursions into their affairs. I still maintain that it's better the U.S. play policemen then nearly anyone else.

Second, I believe what I say and I'm not delusional in the least. I believe a lot of people outside the U.S. wish they had it as good as we do. Not everyone of course. Sure, Trump is an inept president and Congress as is is ineffective to say the least, but much of the rest of the world doesn't have it this good. You need to settle down from a misguided attempt at psychoanalysis of someone you don't know. Do you see people freaking out about having to live in the horrible U.S.? Thank God I live here!

You can have whatever excuse you want to write your wall of text, it's your time to waste.

The TC never made that assumption, nice try. And much of the rest of the world has it better than we do. There are plenty of countries with just as much freedom and a higher standard of living. In fact, even among countries that aren't considered developed, quality of life has been going up in recent years. In fact, the biggest threat to most of those countries comes from climate change and its effects, despite the fact that they contribute barely a fraction of carbon emissions compared to the U.S. And there are plenty of people freaking out about having to live here. There are plenty of people sick of having to worry about getting shot by police, sick of making crap wages and having to spend it all on rent, sick of healthcare and college not being affordable, and sick of the way people treat them when they try to address these problems politically. Personally, if I could move to another country, I'd do so without hesitation, burn my passport, and never look back. This country is a goddamn cesspool. If you like living in a cesspool that's your issue.

And you can make whatever bullshit rationalization you want, when people are criticizing you for vague reasons and you default to "they're just jealous" you're being delusional.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Except a few random small b-list countries I don’t think most of the civilized world hates USA... think most western countries are just baffled by a lot of your decisions! Like your gun policy, obesity rating and yeah yout choice of president...

And yes spend my summer vacation in Miami/ key west and New Orleans and loved it:)

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
@davillain- said:
@mandzilla said:

If the name applies, then yes :P

But anyways, most 3rd world Countries see the US as a bully. We get more aggressive by the days, we take their lands as we dig for oil and stuff like that. Sometimes I'm against my own Countryman when it comes to heavy political situations.

Ahh I knew it.

Really though, I don't think any reasonable person hates the US or American people, but rather whatever administration is in power at any given time. Most countries have some skeletons in their closets. Some places may hold more of a grudge due to past experiences of course.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@paulagnes1745 said:

Before you say I'm just a sad little troll...... I have read so many times why the world hates Americans:

"Oh they make wars and invade countries and overthrow governments and Americans are fat, stupid, arrogant etc. etc."

And then one day I thought..... if everybody hates them, why doesn't everybody just destroy them?

So..... yes, why doesn't the world just do that? And then divide America and as for Americans, finish them off?

That is exactly what the KGB is doing. Haven't you been paying attention.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

The same reason why the US doesn't invade Russia and China: Too much to lose.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#38  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Not every country thinks of war as a convincing argument or even a choice. If we were to invade the USA and kill Americans who we love, would we convince Americans that we are right about something or righteous in some way? No, it would achieve quite the opposite. And frankly, most people in the world don't like the idea of killing others, and I believe that to be a healthy attitude to have.

Most countries in Europe are involved in skirmishes here and there yes, I think. It's not like murder is not used by European countries, sadly. But an all out war like that would require the involvement of the general population. It would mean the involvement of generations. And you don't get the support you need for something like that unless something bizarre happens. Unless a USA president grows a small mustache and gets cramp in his right hand.

Honestly I don't even like entertaining these kinds of thoughts. Wars are nothing but cruel. What would we hope to gain from a war? You're saying it's about them paranoid and aggressive ideas, or some lack of value of human life in the mind of the USA government? You don't destroy ideas like that by force, or murder. Wouldn't that prove them right to hate all that is not theirs? Love is a far more effective weapon against those governmental fears, or to shorten the distance they create from their victims.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jag85
@AFBrat77 said:

@Jag85:

Way to cherry pick your answer...., you have more opportunity, diversity of products, and freedoms then any other country....it's a big beautiful country lightly populated for its size, if you don't like crime stay away from the inner cities, gun crimes in rural areas are often an anomaly.

An invasion of the U.S. ain't happening.

Claiming the world is "jealous of our freedoms" is no different to Bush's tagline, "they hate our freedoms", which is one of the reasons why America is so hated around the world. Firstly, there are plenty of countries that rival or surpass the "freedoms" of America in various ways, so to claim America has more "freedoms" than any other country is a bizarre claim to make.

Secondly, and more importantly, America has been taking away "freedoms" from other countries for many decades, from military invasions and military coups that have destabilized nations, to undermining democracy by rigging elections and overthrowing elected leaders. The world doesn't hate America because anyone is "jealous" of their freedoms, but because America has been responsible for taking away "freedoms" from other countries. And then America has the nerve to say "they hate our freedoms" after denying those very same "freedoms" to other countries.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AFBrat77

@Jag85:

There are countries that are better in one way or another than the U.S. but cannot compete in other ways. The U.S. stands above others in that it's strong in nearly every category involving standard of life, rich diversity, overall power. It may not always be #1 in any given category but usually among the leaders in most everything, unlike most countries. That's why it's the most powerful. Other countries do better than the U.S. in certain categories but can't compete in other categories. If you average out all the positive categories U.S. is probably #1.

That's it for me with this topic.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
@theone86 said:

We could start with the petulant man-child of a bully we elected to lead us who habitually goes around using aggressive body language as a means of intimidating other world leaders.....

Nonsense. What aggression? This is how a real man acts.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mandzilla  Moderator

Changed my mind, I'm going to invade the USA.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

Probably less freedoms compared with other first world countries...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jag85

@AFBrat77:

We can look at freedom indices to see how America ranks compared to other countries in terms of freedom, as of 2018:

• Index of Economic Freedom - US is ranked #19. The top 10 countries are Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand, Switzerland, Australia, Ireland, Estonia, UK, Canada, and UAE.
  • Political Rights index - US is ranked #55.
  • Civil Liberties index - US is tied at #1 with 47 other countries.
  • Press Freedom Index - US is ranked #45. The top 10 countries are Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Finland, Switzerland, Jamaica, Belgium, New Zealand, Denmark, and Costa Rica.
  • Democracy Index - US is ranked #21. The top 10 countries are Norway, Iceland, Sweden, New Zealand, Denmark, Ireland, Canada, Australia, Finland, and Switzerland.

Out of all these freedom indices, the only one where the US comes out on top is Civil Liberties, but shares the top rank with 47 other countries. While it fails to crack the top 10 in the other freedom indices, or even the top 20 in most of them. So the claim of America having more freedoms than any other country is a factually incorrect claim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#46 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I guess I feel that what America should focus on is itself - not the rest of the world. A lot of people have been complaining about the tariffs thing, but really we're probably not being as self-sufficient as we should be. And don't get me started on why sanctuary cities are stupid af. We need to heal things here at home. People need to understand that and stop taking advantage.

Elaisse2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Elaisse2
Member since 2013 • 43 Posts

Shapiro pretty much nails it.

frogo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 frogo0
Member since 2016 • 91 Posts

USA is NOT evil.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

@theone86 said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@theone86:

The TC never made that assumption, nice try. And much of the rest of the world has it better than we do. There are plenty of countries with just as much freedom and a higher standard of living. In fact, even among countries that aren't considered developed, quality of life has been going up in recent years. In fact, the biggest threat to most of those countries comes from climate change and its effects, despite the fact that they contribute barely a fraction of carbon emissions compared to the U.S. And there are plenty of people freaking out about having to live here. There are plenty of people sick of having to worry about getting shot by police, sick of making crap wages and having to spend it all on rent, sick of healthcare and college not being affordable, and sick of the way people treat them when they try to address these problems politically. Personally, if I could move to another country, I'd do so without hesitation, burn my passport, and never look back. This country is a goddamn cesspool. If you like living in a cesspool that's your issue.

And you can make whatever bullshit rationalization you want, when people are criticizing you for vague reasons and you default to "they're just jealous" you're being delusional.

You should do it – get out of town for while if you can, it feels pretty liberating. That being said the one thing that would irk me if I were a US expat is having to pay tax back to the US even if I don’t live there, seems a little mean to me...