Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 JoaoPedro7
Member since 2020 • 98 Posts

Yes, I really do

In my dreams I always find myself thinking about how beautiful the classic black american music is. I remember the first time I watched Back To The Future trilogy with my father and then I thought how much I wish to be McFly in the 80's America. Listening to the Michael Jackson Albuns, driving my own V8 muscle car and kissing a beautiful blonde girlfriend.

I dream about american high school and the first experience with USA Army...

I know that all those things are mental exaggerations about America. There are many problemas like crimes and poverty. But man!!! Can you imagine a perfect teenage life like that???

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

America is pretty nice, but it also has some pretty awful stuff too. It really depends on the state, too.

And you can get all that stuff in other countries.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

If you are white yeah you probably would have a good time being black native brown asian or even if you have an accent you will most likely experience some form of racism which a lot of people still refuse to accept it that it exists. Just like in Europe

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

@sheep99 said:

If you are white yeah you probably would have a good time being black native brown asian or even if you have an accent you will most likely experience some form of racism which a lot of people still refuse to accept it that it exists. Just like in Europe

Meh, it's everywhere.

At least in the US there is a dialogue about it. Go try being white or dark-skinned in Japan.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Basically, you wish you were born as a white privileged American.

JoaoPedro7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JoaoPedro7
Member since 2020 • 98 Posts

@johnd13:

All American 80's movies show a dreaming american way of life and this is beautiful...

I'm remembering of watching ''Home Alone'' with Macaulay Caulkin in that large house with a bunch of children. A good exemple of what a middle class dream use to be, but I know that Chicago has many social problems... I don't think that a middle class family in Chicago, lives like that today... Not to mention being black and segregated...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I want to live in a fictional America too that isn't filled with alot of horrible people and pandemics along with mental and physical pain hopefully someday VR can give me that.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

Personally I’m quite satisfied with having been born here in Canada. Got a really good mix of city and bush wilderness along with some very nice lakes. It’s great for fishing and hunting. Also got a pretty good balance of the four seasons. I also feel like I lived in a fantastic period of time having been born in 1971. The ‘70’s, ‘80’s, and ‘90’s were some excellent times for music, movies, tv, and video games in my opinion.

mt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mt47
Member since 2020 • 6 Posts

me too and I should say damn geographic algebra.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I’m very happy I don’t live in the land of fast food diets and gross obesity. Of course the movies will always project a likeable image of American life, but it is unrealistic for most living there, especially anyone that is a visible minority.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Aside from the lack of universal Healthcare and better support for education, it's a good area to live.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:

I’m very happy I don’t live in the land of fast food diets and gross obesity. Of course the movies will always project a likeable image of American life, but it is unrealistic for most living there, especially anyone that is a visible minority.

It is equally crude to assume all Americans are obese and live on fast food diets, as much as it is to assume Americans all look the way they do in the movies.

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
staticspeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#14 staticspeedstrr
Member since 2021 • 12 Posts

I felt the same way when I was 8-10 but once you get to meet and make friends from there, you'll know how either, you have it better from wherever you are or it's a dream for them as much as it is for you. What you're saying sounds a lot like a stereotypical middle-class/upper-class American families you see in the movies.

The rest is basic teenage stuff though, who else doesn't want a hot high school sweetheart!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9811 Posts

Spent 2 years touring there. Met some nice people, saw some nice places....but I’m eternally thankful I wasn’t born there.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38668 Posts

birth is your first game of chance.

you have about a 2.7% chance of being born in the US

in any case, it's not like people can't move to different countries

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

None of that stuff really applies to the US anymore OP. You probably won't be able to buy that car or house, especially as a recent immigrant, and you'll probably not even be able to work given how bad the virus is right now.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I'm happy with living in Australia, the USA has never phased me.

baddestb1tch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 baddestb1tch
Member since 2021 • 7 Posts

@joaopedro7: Yeah I feel you, I'm mixed and non-American but I wish I was American mainly bc you have more freedom to do and be who you want there (eg. non-binary, trans, gay, etc.) and you'd have people to somewhat accept you or support you, but in Asia, it's hard to find open-minded people often at least in my country and it's frustrating. I also have a bunch of American/Canadian friends and I feel more connected to them than people I know IRL. I plan on moving there after a year and a half for uni so that's nice

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@johnd13 I think this guy can say it better than I do.

@sheep99 I am from Greece. To my surprise, there is huge prejudice against us in Europe. Of course we have the media to blame. For years I have been seeing foreign news outlets shitting on Greece as a scapegoat. I do not blame them fully as our government hasn't been the best.

Me myself have faced prejudice for my beliefs. And I have witnessed racism take place against bulgarians and albanians, and especially nowadays with refugees, by compatriots of mine.

However what angers me the most is not the prejudice, but how I got laughed at when talking about it online, in places frequented by North Americans. It was an even bigger shock to find out that there are people out there, who think that racism only works one way. And racism from one white person to another is not a thing.

There is a lot of crap I learned over the past 6 years.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@PETERAKO: It doesn’t matter what color your skin is or how you look people will always find a way to hate someone be it religion or different cultures. Just look at what happen in Rwanda in 92 civil war one group of people belonged to hutus and one group to tutsis just crazy