I think italian food is overrated.

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 megahaloman64
Member since 2006 • 2532 Posts

I don't really see the apeal of it. All it is, is some pasta, some rotting meat, some tomato sauce, and some rubbery cheese melted over it. Most of the time it's either disgusting or really boring. It's also bitter. I must admit, pizza is pretty good, but pizza in a way is American. Also stofers lasangna is good too. Rather than that, its pretty much overrated.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
its okay
Democratik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Democratik
Member since 2009 • 662 Posts
some of it is good. but polish food is pound for pound better.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I find American food bland. See you I did there?

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Why does it have to be rotting meat and rubbery cheese?

Italian food is incredible.

DRAGONPIECEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DRAGONPIECEZ
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

I don't really see the apeal of it. All it is, is some pasta, some rotting meat, some tomato sauce, and some rubbery cheese melted over it. Most of the time it's either disgusting or really boring. It's also bitter. I must admit, pizza is pretty good, but pizza in a way is American. Also stofers lasangna is good too. Rather than that, its pretty much overrated.

megahaloman64

No. And if you think Stoufers lasagna is better than traditional home-made lasagna..then...no wait, you probably never tried traditional Italian foodand just ate at your local Olive Garden one time and just called off Italian foog all together.

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

megahaloman64
Since Italy is a much older nation than America.. basically all the food origins here come from Europe anyways.. the only real traditional American foods would come from the Native Americans.. SO, that being said.. you don't know what you're talking about. And I'm convinced as long as something is from America you'd always think it's better based on your other posts. That's called ethnocentrism and it's not very beneficial to yourself and a collective society.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I have it every night. :(
megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 megahaloman64

I find American food bland. See you I did there?

clyde46

I'd rather have a nice jucy steak, burger, or nice rack of ribs over a plate of pasta any day.

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Italy has a pretty long history. So their food range is pretty wide. I disagree.

nelson415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 nelson415
Member since 2007 • 1807 Posts

You are probably eating in all the wrong places

6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts
Not really, on the other hand I think French and Mexican food are overrated.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
I love Italian Cuisine. I don't see how food can be boring.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

You just insulted pizza, spaghetti, and fettuccine alfredo. You are now my enemy.

PistolGripPump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PistolGripPump
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts
Alright - to put this into perspective, think about the relatively cheap price of the ingredients. Say you make a sauce with beef, tomato sauce, normal noodles, and a red pepper. This not only provides a good amount of food groups, but it's a considerable amount cheaper than anything that provides comparable nutritional value. Not only this, but you can freeze the sauce and save it for later if you make a HUGE batch of it. Plus, Mario is Italian. Therefore he must eat it, which means it must be awesome. I appreciate it largely when I live on my own, I'm sure others can vouch for this?
megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 megahaloman64

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

EMOEVOLUTION

Since Italy is a much older nation than America.. basically all the food origins here come from Europe anyways.. the only real traditional American foods would come from the Native Americans.. SO, that being said.. you don't know what you're talking about. And I'm convinced as long as something is from America you'd always think it's better based on your other posts. That's called ethnocentrism and it's not very beneficial to yourself and a collective society.

I'd rather be in the field with an M16 over an FN Scar any day.

I'd rather be on the road in a Chevy over a mitsubishi any day.

I'd rather rather play American Football over soccer football any day.

I'd rather use inches over cm any day.

It's just cause I like my country, and I don't like italian food not cause it's not American, but because it taste bad.

KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

...rotting meat......what the...

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

I love italian food, you need to have REAL Italian food made by REAL Italians. Their food is incredible.

My #1 will always be Haitian food, followed by Mexican & Italian.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 megahaloman64

Alright - to put this into perspective, think about the relatively cheap price of the ingredients. Say you make a sauce with beef, tomato sauce, normal noodles, and a red pepper. This not only provides a good amount of food groups, but it's a considerable amount cheaper than anything that provides comparable nutritional value. Not only this, but you can freeze the sauce and save it for later if you make a HUGE batch of it. Plus, Mario is Italian. Therefore he must eat it, which means it must be awesome. I appreciate it largely when I live on my own, I'm sure others can vouch for this?PistolGripPump

Technically, he's japaneese.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

tokra213

YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO EVERYONE!!! I LOVE ITALIAN FOOD AND I WOULD EAT IT AND REPLACE MY BLOOD WITH IT IF I COULD.....YOU SIR ARE A SAD PERSON

Uhhh....you might wanna re-think that statement a bit.

PistolGripPump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PistolGripPump
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts

[QUOTE="PistolGripPump"]Alright - to put this into perspective, think about the relatively cheap price of the ingredients. Say you make a sauce with beef, tomato sauce, normal noodles, and a red pepper. This not only provides a good amount of food groups, but it's a considerable amount cheaper than anything that provides comparable nutritional value. Not only this, but you can freeze the sauce and save it for later if you make a HUGE batch of it. Plus, Mario is Italian. Therefore he must eat it, which means it must be awesome. I appreciate it largely when I live on my own, I'm sure others can vouch for this?megahaloman64

Technically, he's japaneese.

For conversations sake we will say half Japanese, half Italian... Just so it provides some credibility towards the whole 'pro pasta' argument. :)
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="tokra213"]

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

KH-mixerX

YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO EVERYONE!!! I LOVE ITALIAN FOOD AND I WOULD EAT IT AND REPLACE MY BLOOD WITH IT IF I COULD.....YOU SIR ARE A SAD PERSON

You wouldn't replace your blood with alfredo sauce?

*Debates whether or not to make you my enemy*

tokra213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 tokra213
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts

[QUOTE="tokra213"]

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

KH-mixerX

WHY TOMATO SAUCE IS BLOOD?!!!

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

My mother and family are mostly Italian..and the food is rather good...i have not come across any rotting meat or rubbery cheese as of yet..and that's after...18 years of eating Italian food...

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
I was going to say you've probably just had terrible Olive Garden-ish Italian food, but hearing you sing the praises of Stouffer's frozen lasagna, I think that you just have really bad taste :(
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts

You just insulted pizza, spaghetti, and fettuccine alfredo. You are now my enemy.

Theokhoth
Agreed. I shall not have my heritage insulted!
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

Italian food is good when prepared properly. Home Made FTW.

teddyrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 teddyrob
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts

megahaloman64

Nah, I have Italian food and I have the fish, I am a pescetarian. In my opinion it is not bitter. Pizza is pretty boring if you ask me. A bit of bread some tomato sauce and some cheese. I don't even consider pizza italian.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 megahaloman64

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

MattUD1

Based on your avatar, I didn't insult comunism........yet

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

MattUD1

*Hi-fives*

Let's teach these infidels a lesson. :x

Aieressera, oì nanninè, me ne sagliette,
tu saie addò tu saie addò
Addò 'stu core 'ngrato cchiù dispietto farme nun pò!

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MattUD1

[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

megahaloman64

Based on your avatar, I didn't insult comunism........yet

Ahahahahaha... like I've never heard that before. :| I'm 50% Italian, I'm closer to my mother's side (the Italian side), and I have Italian food at least twice a week when I'm home.
Avatar image for HomicidalCherry
HomicidalCherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HomicidalCherry
Member since 2009 • 959 Posts

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"][QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

megahaloman64

It's just cause I like my country, and I don't like italian food not cause it's not American, but because it taste bad.

Do you not have a tongue or something??? The fact that you are considering Stouffer's lasagna Italian food should have told me something was wrong, but how can you say that Italian food tastes bad? Have you ever actually had Italian food or are you judging based on the Olive Garden and Stouffer's?

For the record, pizza is Mediterranean in origin. The first pizzas predate contact with the Americas by centuries. These pizzas didn't have tomato sauce (no tomatoes), but had basically every other element of what we now know as pizza. Pizza with tomato sauce then developed in Italy before coming to America.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 megahaloman64

I was going to say you've probably just had terrible Olive Garden-ish Italian food, but hearing you sing the praises of Stouffer's frozen lasagna, I think that you just have really bad taste :(xaos

I like American, Mexican, Chineese, etc., but when it comes to italian, I just don't like it.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Theokhoth

*Hi-fives*

Let's teach these infidels a lesson. :x

Aieressera, oì nanninè, me ne sagliette,
tu saie addò tu saie addò
Addò 'stu core 'ngrato cchiù dispietto farme nun pò!

I brought weapons...

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 megahaloman64

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

[QUOTE="EMOEVOLUTION"] Since Italy is a much older nation than America.. basically all the food origins here come from Europe anyways.. the only real traditional American foods would come from the Native Americans.. SO, that being said.. you don't know what you're talking about. And I'm convinced as long as something is from America you'd always think it's better based on your other posts. That's called ethnocentrism and it's not very beneficial to yourself and a collective society.HomicidalCherry

Do you not have a tongue or something??? The fact that you are considering Stouffer's lasagna Italian food should have told me something was wrong, but how can you say that Italian food tastes bad? Have you ever actually had Italian food or are you judging based on the Olive Garden and Stouffer's?

For the record, pizza is Mediterranean in origin. The first pizzas predate contact with the Americas by centuries. These pizzas didn't have tomato sauce (no tomatoes), but had basically every other element of what we now know as pizza. Pizza with tomato sauce then developed in Italy before coming to America.

dough and bitter sauce don't float my boat, but fried chicken does.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts

[QUOTE="xaos"]I was going to say you've probably just had terrible Olive Garden-ish Italian food, but hearing you sing the praises of Stouffer's frozen lasagna, I think that you just have really bad taste :(megahaloman64

I like American, Mexican, Chineese, etc., but when it comes to italian, I just don't like it.

Again, if "Stouffer's lasagna" is what you consider Italian food, you have absolutely no idea what Italian food is.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MattUD1

[QUOTE="HomicidalCherry"]

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

megahaloman64

Then you have had some terrible sauce, my friend.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

megahaloman64

But you just said you liked pizza...

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 megahaloman64

for the record, it must not be the places I'm getting them from, cause I live on long island.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

My mom's spaghetti sauce (Learned from an Italian) says otherwise.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 megahaloman64

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

by dough I meant pasta

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

megahaloman64

by dough I meant pasta

So you don't like any bread products..?..Cause that's basically pasta..

HomicidalCherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HomicidalCherry

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

megahaloman64

You know, there are other Italian sauces other than tomato sauce. >_>

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts

megahaloman64

italian pizza kills america. your talking about stofers when your talking about italian food? also there is much more to their food than just pasta. have you ever been to a good Italian restaurant? and I dont mean olive garden. i mean somewhere where the main course is 25-30 dollars.

i smell a lot of ignorance and lack of knowlege. someone that actually knew enough about Italian food would not mention stoufers nor think pizza is in a way american.

go to a coulinary school and the two countries quisine that are taught the most are french and italian. there is a reason why those two countries are associated with gormet food.

go to a italian restaurant and get viel. if your opinion does not change, then you just might have terrible taste in food.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

You can't tell me that this looks disgusting! :P

Yummy.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 megahaloman64

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

nimatoad2000

italian pizza kills america. your talking about stofers when your talking about italian food? also there is much more to their food than just pasta. have you ever been to a good Italian restaurant? and I dont mean olive garden. i mean somewhere where the main course is 25-30 dollars.

why would I pay 25-30 dollars on some small ass portion when I could get a quality burger for 3.

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nimatoad2000

You can't tell me that this looks disgusting! :P

Yummy.

Snipes_2

those dont actually look too good, they look like food you warm up in the microwave.

HomicidalCherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HomicidalCherry

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

megahaloman64

by dough I meant pasta

Italians eat food other than pasta too. I can't believe you live so close to the city, yet have such a narrow view of Italian food.

nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nimatoad2000

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="megahaloman64"]

megahaloman64

why would I pay 25-30 dollars on some small ass portion when I could get a quality burger for 3.

A. the portions are not " small ass" B. " quality burger for 3" you pretty much just proved that your taste in food is bad, if you think that a 3 dollar fast food burger, is "quality"