I Need Some Great Biographies Please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts
I'm reading "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt" by Edmund Morris and "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" by Alex Haley and they are great. I plan to read "Theodore Rex" after I finish the books I'm currently reading. What other great autobiographies are out there. I don't want anything dry like a history text book. I'm looking for something engaging and inspiring.
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
Well, my last two biographies were The Bradbury Chronicles about Ray Bradbury and Founding Father about Brain Lamb founder of C-SPAN. Both were pretty good, though the first was better.
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blackngold29
Oh and doesn't David McCullough have a book about Roosevelt. I don't think it's his whole life, just part of it. He's a pretty good author.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
I haven't read many ... I used to be a big wrestling fan so I have read The Rock's and Mick Foley's biographies both were interesting, back then anyway ... not much of a wrestling fan anymore. Not many people are a fan of Dog The Bounty Hunter but his biography is very interesting and inspiring. It is actually fascinating reading how he turned his life around.
im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 im_mr_brown
The Bradbury Chronicles looks really interesting even though I've never read his books. I just added to my Amazon wish list.
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blackngold29
The Bradbury Chronicles looks really interesting even though I've never read his books. I just added to my Amazon wish list. im_mr_brown
Read "The Martain Chronicles" amazing book and it'll make reading the bio a little better. Oh and Fahrenheit 451 couldn't hurt. They're both pretty short.
im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 im_mr_brown
[QUOTE="im_mr_brown"]The Bradbury Chronicles looks really interesting even though I've never read his books. I just added to my Amazon wish list. blackngold29
Read "The Martain Chronicles" amazing book and it'll make reading the bio a little better. Oh and Fahrenheit 451 couldn't hurt. They're both pretty short.

cool. i'll look into to those.
Judo_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Judo_boy
Member since 2003 • 6063 Posts

I would read biographies on Ben Franklin and Einstein. I've read a couple on each that were really interesting.

cu_be_cie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cu_be_cie
Member since 2009 • 1173 Posts
My Life by Bill Clinton