I live near virginia tech and...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerelite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerelite7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I can't believe this happened I was considering going there for colledge, and now it seems like no school is safe. And then jack thomson somehow manages to blame video games (geez what a moron). ahh the world is so screwed up.
-zonkey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -zonkey-
Member since 2007 • 411 Posts
so now every murder is because of video games??
King_Of_Spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 King_Of_Spam
Member since 2006 • 1263 Posts
I can't believe this happened I was considering going there for colledge, and now it seems like no school is safe. And then jack thomson somehow manages to blame video games (geez what a moron). ahh the world is so screwed up.gamerelite7
Jack Thomson probably saw the episode of CSI: Miami where the kid played so many Video games he tried to re-inact the events occuring in the game.
nightshade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nightshade85
Member since 2004 • 5654 Posts
just take some RCP90s'
gamerelite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamerelite7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerelite7"]I can't believe this happened I was considering going there for colledge, and now it seems like no school is safe. And then jack thomson somehow manages to blame video games (geez what a moron). ahh the world is so screwed up.King_Of_Spam
Jack Thomson probably saw the episode of CSI: Miami where the kid played so many Video games he tried to re-inact the events occuring in the game.

Whoa I want to see that episode. 

mGsMadness951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mGsMadness951
Member since 2006 • 588 Posts
yea i was surprised when i heard about this. Jack Thompson blamed video games for this though??!? i didnt hear this. Damn it i hate that man.
Fick1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Fick1122
Member since 2006 • 2135 Posts
I don't understand that argument.  There are rated E games and rated M games, just like G and R movies.  Its a stereotype saying games make people want to do this kind of stuff, when really, the same could be said for other forms of entertainment.
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="King_Of_Spam"][QUOTE="gamerelite7"]I can't believe this happened I was considering going there for colledge, and now it seems like no school is safe. And then jack thomson somehow manages to blame video games (geez what a moron). ahh the world is so screwed up.gamerelite7

Me too. If you find it, let me know. :D 

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts
I live near VT too (well, on the other side of the state) and I have a few friends that go there. I pray that none of them were killed or wounded.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerelite7"]

[QUOTE="King_Of_Spam"][QUOTE="gamerelite7"]I can't believe this happened I was considering going there for colledge, and now it seems like no school is safe. And then jack thomson somehow manages to blame video games (geez what a moron). ahh the world is so screwed up.TheHimura

Me too. If you find it, let me know. :D

this is the episode done from last year on CSI

a bunch of college kids are running around performing bank-robbing and mayhem-y missions because they are re-enacting a game that is clearly a stand-in for Grand Theft Auto

Edit: episode is called "Game Over" 

stitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stitch321
Member since 2005 • 3945 Posts
There has to be some sort of security ranking for colleges. Most colleges list their crime stats on their website, but nothing can prepare a campus for this stuff.