I know this news was from ten days ago...

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

...but Kraft has launched Big Bowls of Mac & Cheese ahead of Valentine's Day, so that parents can get their kids fed, get 'em to bed, and get it on. Apparently sex sells, but here's an excerpt:

PITTSBURGH & CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Valentine’s Day should be the most romantic holiday of the year, but some parents admit that kids put a wedge in candlelit dinners and alone time. In fact, 86% of parents want to get intimate with their partner this Valentine’s Day but claim children will prevent 1 out of 4 of them from actually getting it on*. That’s why Kraft Macaroni & Cheese is giving parents a chance to win new Big Bowls before they hit stores nationwide.

New Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Big Bowls have even more of your favorite mac & cheese to make a deliciously cheesy and easy dinner in just three and a half minutes – just add water.

“We decided to launch our new Kraft Big Bowls early to give parents what they really want on Valentine’s Day, some time to get it on, “said Kelsey Cooperstein, Brand Manager at Kraft Heinz. “Kraft Big Bowls is an easy and kid-pleasing dinner solution with even more cheese and noodles than our microwavable Easy Mac cups, so parents can put their kids to bed and enjoy a night of romance.”

Starting today, parents can visit http://www.kraftmacisforlovers.com to enter for a chance to win Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Big Bowls in time for Valentine’s Day. Along with the Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Big Bowls, parents will receive some romantic goodies which includes candles, rose petals and a card – all in the spirit of getting kids to bed and setting the mood for parents.

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Big Bowls are available online February 15 and at other national retailers starting in March.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200205005113/en/Kraft-Launches-Big-Bowls-Mac-Cheese-Valentine%E2%80%99s

And here's the video if you're interested:

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Or, you know, they could have saved a whole bunch more money and bang any time they like by forgoing the whiny little brats altogether. Learn to slap on some rubber or pop down a pill or something. Probably be mercy to the little sods anyway, instead of bringing them into this idiot rock.

Eh. Whatever. If this dumb marketing stunt actually works for both the seller and the consumers, then good on them both.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

I feel bad for kids with parents who don't love them and feed them this crap. Making real Mac & Cheese is so easy as well - anyone can make a white sauce, and then just dump in as much (real) cheese as you want.

Also, I've got to ask, what is it with Americans and florescent yellow/orange "cheese"?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

If I had a kid, I'd probably give them a CBD edible and some brandy in their juice. That'd put them to sleep for sure.

Anyone else find that woman oddly attractive? Not like hot, or even classically beautiful, but...idunno, something behind those eyes :P

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
@PernicioEnigma said:

I feel bad for kids with parents who don't love them and feed them this crap. Making real Mac & Cheese is so easy as well - anyone can make a white sauce, and then just dump in as much (real) cheese as you want.

Also, I've got to ask, what is it with Americans and florescent yellow/orange "cheese"?

It's comfort food. I don't think many Americans actually identify it as "good" or "quality", but more as comforting and tasty. We all know it's bad for us.

With that said, all cultures, nations, and so on have their guilty or disliked food pleasures:

What is with the Japanese and weird jellies?

What is with Russians and crappy vodka?

What is with Australia and vegemite?

What is with Vietnam and durian?

What is with Scotland and haggis?

And to answer your question, cheddar cheese get's its color from a natural annatto food coloring that is added during the "cheddaring" process, and it is an English food processing technique.

And I feel bad for them too. Once in a while is fine, but I had friends that ate this shit weekly and I felt bad for them. Basic mac and cheese is as easy as cooking a bit of butter and flour together, adding milk, cooking til thick, then adding cheese and cooked pasta. Maybe add some peas and ham or hot sauce or whatever else you think is good.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:

Well, I don't like cheese...

But now, I'm more tolerate to Mac & Cheese now than before.

I also asked the same question in my mind when I was younger. Same thing with coffee.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I actually thought it was pretty clever, haha. I can just imagine the conversations the ad men at Kraft had about boosting sales for Valentine's Day. "Well Tom, inventory says we've got a lot of noodles... How can we spin this for a romantic holiday?" lol

The fact that I never heard about this and we're talking about it after the fact says they must not have promoted this concept well enough. But I think people have better ideas of how to handle these situations than mac and cheese.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Well, better than dosing their milk with a double dose of benadryl.