I just got health insurance for $40 a month.

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

Every person i know their premiums and deductible went up...not just a little but a lot..myself included.

How the **** is that a step in the right direction? but again like the OP said..just **** me huh?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

@Jacobistheman: No one claims that America has the low quality health care. In fact, they have the best. It's just that they pay way, way, more than the rest of the world which is what this whole discussion is about.

is it 2.5x better than average though? because we are spending 2.5x more than the average per-capita cost of other developed nations.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@airshocker said:
@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@Renevent42 said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

Shit, must be nice to be below the poverty level. I pay $225 a month and my deductible is $500.

I'll trade places with you whenever you'd like.

Sounds good to me. You can have fun giving almost 30% of your income away in taxes.

I already do that. Awesome; just send me your address, deed to your home, social security number, bank account information and any relevant job paperwork and we'll get this shit all set up.

How are you paying almost the top rate in taxes (28% is 90K-186K) yet meanwhile qualify for such heavily subsidized health care?

Oh dear. Did I say "taxes"? I meant "food."

God damn, if I made $90k a year then the last thing I'd be doing is complaining about paying $225 a month for health insurance or a 30% income tax. Some people just have no idea how good they have it.

How "good" I have it? Until you the pay the amount of taxes I do you have no idea what I go through. Not only do I pay the top rate, but I also have to pay for food, health insurance, rent, various permits/insurances for my landscaping business all of which are outrageously over-priced because of the area I live in.

So yes, you have no idea how I have it.

Please be joking...

Please go away. Do us all that favor.

Yeah, how about no.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#104  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@coolbeans90 said:
@whipassmt said:

why you so paranoid Makhaidos? chances are you likely won't get sick. People don't need health insurance. Health insurance is for paranoid people with an irrational fear that they may end up needing to go to the hospital.

Medical bills are, like, the leading cause of bankruptcy, pal. Avoiding that problem is hardly paranoia.

I was joking. I was responding to those who, in a previous thread, referred to people who conceal carry as being paranoid.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#105  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@Makhaidos:

Question about those figures ($40 per month, $600 deductible etc.)? Where are you getting those numbers from. Are those numbers from the health-exchange website that you enrolled on, or are they from the bill sent in the mail by your insurance provider?

I ask because a couple months ago there was a big issue with the exchange sites giving wrong numbers. People would "enroll" at the site and get one set of numbers, but those numbers weren't accurate, and when the bill came in the mail, the deductibles and premiums were higher than that shown by the website.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

@whipassmt said:

why you so paranoid Makhaidos? chances are you likely won't get sick. People don't need health insurance. Health insurance is for paranoid people with an irrational fear that they may end up needing to go to the hospital.

Oh and Aljosa, I live in a safe neighborhood.

I'm already sick.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:
@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@Renevent42 said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

Shit, must be nice to be below the poverty level. I pay $225 a month and my deductible is $500.

Sounds good to me. You can have fun giving almost 30% of your income away in taxes.

I already do that. Awesome; just send me your address, deed to your home, social security number, bank account information and any relevant job paperwork and we'll get this shit all set up.

How are you paying almost the top rate in taxes (28% is 90K-186K) yet meanwhile qualify for such heavily subsidized health care?

God damn, if I made $90k a year then the last thing I'd be doing is complaining about paying $225 a month for health insurance or a 30% income tax. Some people just have no idea how good they have it.

How "good" I have it? Until you the pay the amount of taxes I do you have no idea what I go through. Not only do I pay the top rate, but I also have to pay for food, health insurance, rent, various permits/insurances for my landscaping business all of which are outrageously over-priced because of the area I live in.

Please be joking...

Yeah, how about no.

Then don't bother talking to me. I'm utterly uninterested in anything you have to say.

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

Health insurance is for weaklings.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Makhaidos
@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@Renevent42 said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

Like I said, I will trade lives with you, right now, at the drop of a hat. Tell me where to meet up and all of your problems can go away, to be replaced with my cushy, worry-free lifestyle of living in one of the lowest income brackets. Hell, I'll pay you.

You pay the top rate of taxes because you make a shit-ton of money. If I made half as much as you, taxes and all, I'd have nothing to complain about for the rest of my life. So no, I have no idea how good you have it, and clearly, neither do you.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Makhaidos

@whipassmt said:

@Makhaidos:

Question about those figures ($40 per month, $600 deductible etc.)? Where are you getting those numbers from. Are those numbers from the health-exchange website that you enrolled on, or are they from the bill sent in the mail by your insurance provider?

I ask because a couple months ago there was a big issue with the exchange sites giving wrong numbers. People would "enroll" at the site and get one set of numbers, but those numbers weren't accurate, and when the bill came in the mail, the deductibles and premiums were higher than that shown by the website.

I researched the plan before enrolling in it. Florida Blue has the same info as Healthcare.gov, and I've already paid my first premium (which was the forty), so if it's wrong, I have yet to see anything saying otherwise.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By deeliman

@airshocker said:

@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:
@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@Renevent42 said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

Please be joking...

Yeah, how about no.

Then don't bother talking to me. I'm utterly uninterested in anything you have to say.

Too bad; I talk to whoever I want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:
@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@Renevent42 said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

Please be joking...

Yeah, how about no.

Too bad; I talk to whoever I want.

That just makes you all the more stupid.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deeliman

@airshocker said:

Talking to whoever I want makes me stupid?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@Makhaidos said:
@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@Renevent42 said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

@Makhaidos said:

@airshocker said:

Like I said, I will trade lives with you, right now, at the drop of a hat. Tell me where to meet up and all of your problems can go away, to be replaced with my cushy, worry-free lifestyle of living in one of the lowest income brackets. Hell, I'll pay you.

You pay the top rate of taxes because you make a shit-ton of money. If I made half as much as you, taxes and all, I'd have nothing to complain about for the rest of my life. So no, I have no idea how good you have it, and clearly, neither do you.

Your willingness to trade lives with me is meaningless to the point at hand. You claimed I have it good without knowing anything about me except the fact that I pay around 30% in income taxes.

If you made half as much as me and lived in the exact same circumstances I do, you wouldn't be making any such claims. You don't even pay state income tax, you fucking moron. How could you possibly have ANY IDEA of the kind of tax burden I'm required to uphold?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

Talking to someone who doesn't care what you have to say is stupid.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deeliman

@airshocker said:
@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

Than that would make everybody stupid. Of all the people you talk to on this site or on the internet in general, how many do you think actually care about what you have to say?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:
@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

Than that would make everybody stupid. Of all the people you talk to on this site or on the internet in general, how many do you think actually care about what you have to say?

Not really. You assume nobody cares what other people have to say. That's not true. I care what certain people have to say. Unfortunately you don't rate.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deeliman

@airshocker said:

@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:
@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

Not really. You assume nobody cares what other people have to say. That's not true. I care what certain people have to say. Unfortunately you don't rate.

I have never said that nobody cares, I'm saying that you have also talked to people who don't care what you have to say, which would make you an idiot too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:
@deeliman said:

@airshocker said:

I have never said that nobody cares, I'm saying that you have also talked to people who don't care what you have to say, which would make you an idiot too.

Actually, when someone has told me they don't care what I think, I usually stop talking to them. You could learn a thing or two.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

^^Maybe you guys should just DM.