I have the potential to be great at anything

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VikingBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VikingBeard
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

I don't work, so I have all day everyday to practice at something. I just dno't know what. I'm 26 now and retired. I just need a good hobby.

Right now my hobbies are reading, collecting Star Wars, and collecting some non-sports and sports cards. I also gamble on sports occasionally. But these are hobbies that improve skill.

I was thinking of these possible hobbies:

1) Guitar. Playing both electric and acoustic. Learning tons of songs and creating my own.

2) Writing. I love reading, so why not write the ultimate story that I want to read?

3) Bodybuilding. To have the most desirable body. This hobby does require a lifestyle change and may to be quite tedious.

If you could advise me, which of these would you advise me to do? I would still play videogames, and read, and collect Star Wars.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I would advise being great at, work, get a job ;)
justblaze7204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 justblaze7204
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts
Um how are you 26 and retired? Also go with guitar and weightlifting.
daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts

Um how are you 26 and retired? Also go with guitar and weightlifting.justblaze7204

recipe for fame right there lol!

VikingBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VikingBeard
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Um how are you 26 and retired? Also go with guitar and weightlifting.justblaze7204

I'm lucky I guess. As long I set myself a spending budget every month I'm set for life.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
yeah how are you retired at 26?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58513 Posts

get a part time job. Customer service (like a bartender, waiter, etc) is really quite fun.

Since youre 26 and retired (how? lottery, inheritance?) you should take good care of your health so you should workout anyway.

Have you thought of going back to school? Get your masters or PhD?

Why dont you learn a new language, or perfect your second language?

Also, go travel.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
You should be a weightlifting guitarist who writes books!
justblaze7204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 justblaze7204
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts

[QUOTE="justblaze7204"]Um how are you 26 and retired? Also go with guitar and weightlifting.VikingBeard

I'm lucky I guess. As long I set myself a spending budget every month I'm set for life.

What if your life last longer than you expect? Did you get some kind of settlement like your foot run over by a car like in Big Daddy?

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
Become a diamond cutter. You can get some tools and cut diamonds and sell them for the moneys.
Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

Bodybuilding is a great thing to pick up until you destroy your shoulder doing benchpress and start feeling chronic pain in your lower back because of squating too much weight too often...

Then again, now I'm doing physiotherapy at least once a week so I get massaged by a hot smiling woman so I don't regret any of it

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

I don't work, so I have all day everyday to practice at something. I just dno't know what. I'm 26 now and retired. I just need a good hobby.

Right now my hobbies are reading, collecting Star Wars, and collecting some non-sports and sports cards. I also gamble on sports occasionally. But these are hobbies that improve skill.

1) Guitar. Playing both electric and acoustic. Learning tons of songs and creating my own.

2) Writing. I love reading, so why not write the ultimate story that I want to read?

3) Bodybuilding. To have the most desirable body. This hobby does require a lifestyle change and may to be quite tedious.

If you could advise me, which of these would you advise me to do? I would still play videogames, and read, and collect Star Wars.

VikingBeard

26, retired??? what?? did you win the lotto?

dirtyd100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 dirtyd100
Member since 2006 • 4252 Posts
BOdybuilding.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178876 Posts
At 26 you should have a job. Hobbies don't pay the bills.
Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts

Ok I going to say your either clueless or just inherited a large sum of money, or possibly won the lottery.

Have you considered you monetary situation for when/if you start a family?

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
gym, guitar, write a book, run a marathon, climb a mountain, go to wrestlemania, see a muse concert, go sky diving, snowboarding, skiing, get yourself a ladie
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts

At 26 you should have a job. Hobbies don't pay the bills.LJS9502_basic

Unless you become famous for making YouTube videos and make 20k a month.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

Bodybuilding is a great thing to pick up until you destroy your shoulder doing benchpress and start feeling chronic pain in your lower back because of squating too much weight too often...

Then again, now I'm doing physiotherapy at least once a week so I get massaged by a hot smiling woman so I don't regret any of it

Krigen89

benchpress is for chest, maybe your not lifting right and if you warm up/warn down properly then you dont get pains :)

Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
[QUOTE="Krigen89"]

pete_merlin

benchpress is for chest, maybe your not lifting right and if you warm up/warn down properly then you dont get pains :)

I know benchpress is for chest lol, but my "small pec" is completely messed up at the point where it's attached to my shoulder, so I get crazy shoulder pain...

DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts

VikingBeard

So.....how are you retired at 26?

diz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 diz360
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts

Perhaps you should do some traveling.

You might like to learn to make things - anything from cars, furniture, electronics, or other engineering can be made by idle hands and the sense of achievement gained can not be purchased.

Take up painting or sculpture. Manage a band. Music recording and video editing are all possible - even within limited budgets nowadays, so songs and films can be created by anyone.

This advice comes from someone retired for a few years now!

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
You still never told us how you are 26 and retired outside of "I'm lucky."
Mr_Kowaski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Mr_Kowaski
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
You should map for ut3, hours of entretainment guarteened.
rnd10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rnd10
Member since 2006 • 246 Posts

[QUOTE="justblaze7204"]Um how are you 26 and retired? Also go with guitar and weightlifting.VikingBeard

If only we all could be as lucky.