This topic is locked from further discussion.

OG_LIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 OG_LIP
Member since 2012 • 370 Posts

[QUOTE="OG_LIP"]

So do I.. The United States needs to bring their troops home and leave the world alone.

Nohtnym

That causes problems like conflicts. USA has alot peacekeepers.

Sigh, because the United States has babysat so many countries, they are all dependent .. They could leave, and they will get hell for it for a while. If they acted like some countries in this world, minded their own business, and focused on their own problems in their borders, thing would get a lot better... I'm so glad I moved to Hong Kong... minds their own business.. the people here.. mind their own business.
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

[QUOTE="OG_LIP"]

So do I.. The United States needs to bring their troops home and leave the world alone.

OG_LIP

Sigh, because the United States has babysat so many countries, they are all dependent .. They could leave, and they will get hell for it for a while. If they acted like some countries in this world, minded their own business, and focused on their own problems in their borders, thing would get a lot better... I'm so glad I moved to Hong Kong... minds their own business.. the people here.. mind their own business.

Lets go to ww2. USSR and Britain would have most likely won againts nazi germany (would have taken longer). But because of USA, USSR couldnt reach their power futher into Europe.

USA is peacekeeping in many countries at the moment. South Korea for example (USA is defence force there though) - they are technically still in war with North Korea.

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Most people who glorify war had never had war in their country. That's why normally europeans are against war but americans are pro war. Europeans really know what it is to have bombs dropping on top of their homes, or at least they have the memory more fresh.kuraimen
No one is pro war. It's stupid to say so.

Well they at least are more trigger happy. Americans are more willing to support wars than europeans and I think it is because they have a fresh memory of what war is really like while for most americans they only remember war as seen on the tv.

Most of the people that were alive during WWII are dead...

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] No one is pro war. It's stupid to say so. SpartanMSU

Well they at least are more trigger happy. Americans are more willing to support wars than europeans and I think it is because they have a fresh memory of what war is really like while for most americans they only remember war as seen on the tv.

Most of the people that were alive during WWII are dead...

Cultural memory lasts like 3 generations according to the japanese.
OG_LIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 OG_LIP

[QUOTE="OG_LIP"][QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

Nohtnym

Lets go to ww2. USSR and Britain would have most likely won againts nazi germany (would have taken longer). But because of USA, USSR couldnt reach their power futher into Europe.

USA is peacekeeping in many countries at the moment. South Korea for example (USA is defence force there though) - they are technically still in war with North Korea.

The United States was involved in ww2 because that was a country threatening the world in major action, and the United States got attacked.. So yes, going to war was necessary. but these other wars right now.. no... Vietnam? no.. I love South Korea, just visited, but that's between South Korea, and North Korea... Their problem.
SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

[QUOTE="OG_LIP"] Sigh, because the United States has babysat so many countries, they are all dependent .. They could leave, and they will get hell for it for a while. If they acted like some countries in this world, minded their own business, and focused on their own problems in their borders, thing would get a lot better... I'm so glad I moved to Hong Kong... minds their own business.. the people here.. mind their own business.OG_LIP

The United States was involved in ww2 because that was a country threatening the world in major action, and the United States got attacked.. So yes, going to war was necessary. but these other wars right now.. no... Vietnam? no.. I love South Korea, just visited, but that's between South Korea, and North Korea... Their problem.

What country is the United States at war with?

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#207 eggdog1234
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

Nohtnym

USSR was in no position to do anything except lick its wounds after WW2. The few years between WW2 and the cold war the US created an international legislative body, restructured the global economy, expanded its military presence around the world and poured vast amounts of money into Europe via the military while the USSR diminished their military presence globally, pulling their troops out of many countries at the request of the US. The US was the only country that was hyper-actively reshaping the geopolitical landscape and expanding its military presence right after WW2.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Nohtnym

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

[QUOTE="OG_LIP"] Sigh, because the United States has babysat so many countries, they are all dependent .. They could leave, and they will get hell for it for a while. If they acted like some countries in this world, minded their own business, and focused on their own problems in their borders, thing would get a lot better... I'm so glad I moved to Hong Kong... minds their own business.. the people here.. mind their own business.OG_LIP

Im talking about what effect USA had on Europe after ww2. And you respond to my post about how USA got into the war. Seriously? I didnt say ANYWHERE, about how usa got into ww2.

I think south koreans are happy that they have major military force helping them.

OG_LIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 OG_LIP

SpartanMSU

While technically not a declared war, I don't approve of the current employment of troops in Afghanistan, and I hate that they attacked Yemen in 2009... and all those troops deployed in South Korea? Go home, they don't need to be there.. and the speculation of Iran/Syria.. that's going to lead to some a very very bad future for the world, if the U.S decides to get involved with Iran.. I really hope they do not.

OG_LIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 OG_LIP

Nohtnym

Im talking about what effect USA had on Europe after ww2. And you respond to my post about how USA got into the war. Seriously? I didnt say ANYWHERE, about how usa got into ww2.

I think south koreans are happy that they have major military force helping them.

The U.S doesn't even realize how strong their country would be right now if they weren't involved in all these situations.. a shame really.
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Nohtnym

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

[QUOTE="OG_LIP"] Sigh, because the United States has babysat so many countries, they are all dependent .. They could leave, and they will get hell for it for a while. If they acted like some countries in this world, minded their own business, and focused on their own problems in their borders, thing would get a lot better... I'm so glad I moved to Hong Kong... minds their own business.. the people here.. mind their own business.eggdog1234

USSR was in no position to do anything except lick its wounds after WW2. The few years between WW2 and the cold war the US created an international legislative body, restructured the global economy, expanded its military presence around the world and poured vast amounts of money into Europe via the military while the USSR diminished their military presence globally, pulling their troops out of many countries at the request of the US. The US was the only country that was hyper-actively reshaping the geopolitical landscape and expanding its military presence right after WW2.

Britain, france, italy and germany werent licking their wounds?

USA had impact on stopping USSR reaching more Europe.

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 eggdog1234

Nohtnym

Perhaps I wasn't clear; the USSR was not expanding they were contracting, the US was expanding not contracting.

DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts

[QUOTE="SpartanMSU"]

[QUOTE="OG_LIP"] The United States was involved in ww2 because that was a country threatening the world in major action, and the United States got attacked.. So yes, going to war was necessary. but these other wars right now.. no... Vietnam? no.. I love South Korea, just visited, but that's between South Korea, and North Korea... Their problem.OG_LIP

While technically not a declared war, I don't approve of the current employment of troops in Afghanistan, and I hate that they attacked Yemen in 2009... and all those troops deployed in South Korea? Go home, they don't need to be there.. and the speculation of Iran/Syria.. that's going to lead to some a very very bad future for the world, if the U.S decides to get involved with Iran.. I really hope they do not.

Ask South Korea that, we have a legal agreement to stay there, and as long as North Korea is an issue will be.
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Nohtnym

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

eggdog1234

Perhaps I wasn't clear; the USSR was not expanding they were contracting, the US was expanding not contracting.

USA was basically wall for USSR. Now if there is no wall, doesnt mean USSR wouldnt have expanded there more (get influence over that country). And at some point pull forces back. When the countries people arent happy with goverment (which is basically influenced by Soviet union) send military forces containing riots. Like USSR did in cold war.

OG_LIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 OG_LIP
[QUOTE="OG_LIP"]

[QUOTE="SpartanMSU"]

DarkOfKnight

Ask South Korea that, we have a legal agreement to stay there, and as long as North Korea is an issue will be.

Well then, looks like the U.S ain't going to get out of this mess.. Looks like another Rome coming about.
DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
[QUOTE="OG_LIP"] Well then, looks like the U.S ain't going to get out of this mess.. Looks like another Rome coming about.

The US can actually afford to stay there, we were doing fine in the 90's while still being there. The real problem was the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, that was costly and stretching us too thin. We also have a legal agreement to protect Japan as well, not all of our military situations are easy to get out of.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
Aussiepet: The next Noam Chomsky?
Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts
I'm declaring war! On stress!
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
I'm declaring war! On stress!michael_1234576
I declare war on ignorance. None shall be spared
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#220 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

[QUOTE="ad1x2"][QUOTE="DarkOfKnight"] Am I insane then? Because it looks like fun to me....Not lying, I am fascinated by war.DarkOfKnight
That fascination will quickly disappear after the first shot fired in anger goes by your head. Trust me on that one. Call of Duty and Battlefield don't show such things as sitting in the same spot for weeks waiting on orders from higher, digging holes to do number two in because the nearest toilet is miles away, going weeks or months without a shower, and possibly watching your buddy cry to his mom while busted open and there's nothing you can do about it. The games only show enough to get you excited enough to blow 60 bucks on it.

I find it find it funny you bring up Call of Duty and Battlefield...depending I hate battlefield and rarely play COD. My interest in war started in the 90's way before those even came out. For a long time the technology and strategy behind war has interested me, more so the air craft. The one thing that got me to was how leaders were able to get people to back war and willingly die for a cause, this starts with World War 2. The minds of those men is interesting to say the least, I admire how they were able to brainwash so many into walking to their deaths, something I wish I could match.

Well, I was mistaken on what sparked your interest in war. But it doesn't change the fact that only a naive person would actually look forward to war. Back in 2003 when I entered Iraq I remember a few hours after we crossed the border we stopped to take a break. It was the funniest sight in the world seeing almost a hundred Soldiers (to include some females) within a small area digging holes to crap in not caring who could see. That, and seeing an Iraqi soldier's torso on one side of the street and his legs three lanes away puts things into perspective.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
...is RAW and eating raw*'s* meat is bad for youZumaJones07
...that's not what your mom said
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]...is RAW and eating raw*'s* meat is bad for yourawsavon

what did she say?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]...is RAW and eating raw*'s* meat is bad for youGazaAli

what did she say?

Truth be told, it was kind of hard to make anything out over the slurping and gagging. ...so who really knows
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
[QUOTE="rawsavon"] ...so who really knows

How did you turn this into a sex thread?
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Some wars are worth fighting for, some are not. However, war is certainly not an ideal way to handle every conflict but sometimes this is the only option.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 rawsavon
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] ...so who really knows

...make love, not war
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] ...so who really knows

...make love, not war

:lol: Okay I'll give you that one raw....
Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#228 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

"I settled on a truth today that is always going to be true : I would do anything for my friends.

Which is how I think everyone in the world feels, which finally makes me understand war"

-Jeff Winger

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 rawsavon
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] How did you turn this into a sex thread?

...make love, not war

:lol: Okay I'll give you that one raw....

>_>
eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 eggdog1234

USA was basically wall for USSR. Now if there is no wall, doesnt mean USSR wouldnt have expanded there more (get influence over that country). And at some point pull forces back. When the countries people arent happy with goverment (which is basically influenced by Soviet union) send military forces containing riots. Like USSR did in cold war.

Nohtnym

I am not sure how to respond to this post, but I still think you are missing my point. My point is that the USSR was not a threat to anyone right after WW2, they were devastated. The US was not devastated and made an array of stunning geopolitical moves that gave them hegemony over Europe. During this time the USSR pulled back and took a benign stance. This is fairly well documented but not believed because of the myth of the cold war. The myth is what you are arguing and I am trying to assert that it is false. The Peace of Illusions is a great book that goes into detail about this topic. The author, who is a member of the CATO Institute and a professor at Texas A&M in the Bush school of Government and Public service, comes to the conclusion that many of his ideological opposites do which is; the USSR was no threat and became a threat in response to very aggressive American geopolitical action and thus sparked a cold war.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#231 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4223 Posts

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

eggdog1234

I am not sure how to respond to this post, but I still think you are missing my point. My point is that the USSR was not a threat to anyone right after WW2, they were devastated. The US was not devastated and made an array of stunning geopolitical moves that gave them hegemony over Europe. During this time the USSR pulled back and took a benign stance. This is fairly well documented but not believed because of the myth of the cold war. The myth is what you are arguing and I am trying to assert that it is false. The Peace of Illusions is a great book that goes into detail about this topic. The author, who is a member of the CATO Institute and a professor at Texas A&M in the Bush school of Government and Public service, comes to the conclusion that many of his ideological opposites do which is; the USSR was no threat and became a threat in response to very aggressive American geopolitical action and thus sparked a cold war.

I agree with you! Hence the cold war (which lasted 45 years) could have been resolved in a few days. If you think about it, USA and USSR teamed up to defeat the Axis powers.
Mikey132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Mikey132
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="eggdog1234"]

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

outworld222

I agree with you! Hence the cold war (which lasted 45 years) could have been resolved in a few days. If you think about it, USA and USSR teamed up to defeat the Axis powers.

LOL, The U.S and Russia teaming up couldn't be farther from the truth.

Rick_Sure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Rick_Sure
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts

Saying war is a man made thing is one of the stupidest things I have ever read. We might well do it bigger and better then the rest of nature but most pack animals will defend areas for food and invade other areas for food. From ape to Wolf, they all have conflct with other packs,

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
In order for there to be no more War, this planet would have to be much less populated, like it was in the Roman Days, 200 years Golden Age.
Purdicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Purdicus
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts
[QUOTE="outworld222"][QUOTE="eggdog1234"]

[QUOTE="Nohtnym"]

Double-agree! Not only that, but at the end of the Cold War the US blew a great opportunity -- to buy most of our oil from Russia. We could have exchanged a terrible ally for a much better one. Another example of people bringing about the very thing they fear is North Korea. Their insistence on developing nuclear capabilities to ward off a US attack is making it far more likely that there will eventually be one.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 LJS9502_basic
In order for there to be no more War, this planet would have to be much less populated, like it was in the Roman Days, 200 years Golden Age. Toph_Girl250
Because there were no wars during the Roman Days....amirite?
c0kemusheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 c0kemusheen
Member since 2012 • 90 Posts

Wars = profitExoticAnimal

Eh, not really. The Iraq and Afganistan war have been extremely costly for the US. Even for the UK as well, although they didn't spend as much.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Toph_Girl250
[QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"]In order for there to be no more War, this planet would have to be much less populated, like it was in the Roman Days, 200 years Golden Age. LJS9502_basic
Because there were no wars during the Roman Days....amirite?

Pretty sure outside of the 200 year Golden Age the Romans did do battles, unless you're saying I don't know my history.
eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 eggdog1234

Purdicus

Double-agree! Not only that, but at the end of the Cold War the US blew a great opportunity -- to buy most of our oil from Russia. We could have exchanged a terrible ally for a much better one. Another example of people bringing about the very thing they fear is North Korea. Their insistence on developing nuclear capabilities to ward off a US attack is making it far more likely that there will eventually be one.

The US blew an opportunity to allow the world to recover from WW2 in a communal way while remaining at the helm, but you cannot forget about Stalin and his legacy. Stalin was bat**** crazy and by the end had put his country through a hell we should all hoped is never repeated.

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 eggdog1234

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Wars = profitc0kemusheen

Eh, not really. The Iraq and Afganistan war have been extremely costly for the US. Even for the UK as well, although they didn't spend as much.

Agree and disagree. The wars have cost the US much, but the people driving the country are making out like bandits. War is a racket.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#241 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4223 Posts

Mikey132

What? They met in Iran prior to the end of WW2 to discuss how the world would be shaped after the war. Nobody know what was going to happen, especially between USA and Russia.
Mikey132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Mikey132
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="Mikey132"]

[QUOTE="outworld222"] I agree with you! Hence the cold war (which lasted 45 years) could have been resolved in a few days. If you think about it, USA and USSR teamed up to defeat the Axis powers.outworld222

What? They met in Iran prior to the end of WW2 to discuss how the world would be shaped after the war. Nobody know what was going to happen, especially between USA and Russia.

I'm not sure what to say. Your statement has nothing to do with what I meant.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
This thread has gone on for much longer than it should have.
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#244 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
This thread has gone on for much longer than it should have.SF_KiLLaMaN
Its a war in this thread
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Toph_Girl250
[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]This thread has gone on for much longer than it should have.AussieePet
Its a war in this thread

Its like humans were built and specifically designed to be war crazy. :P
Princess_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Princess_Lime
Member since 2010 • 429 Posts
Because War has changed. It's not about nations, or ideologies. It's not even about profit, resources, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its vast consumption of human life, has become a rational, well-oiled business transaction. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their actions. Genetic control.. Information control.. Emotion control.. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence is now the age of control, averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield, controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control, war becomes routine.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Because War has changed. It's not about nations, or ideologies. It's not even about profit, resources, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its vast consumption of human life, has become a rational, well-oiled business transaction. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their actions. Genetic control.. Information control.. Emotion control.. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence is now the age of control, averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield, controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control, war becomes routine.Princess_Lime

You could have at least attributed this quote to whom it belongs, you thief! These are Solid Snake's words. Shame on you.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 AussieePet
[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]This thread has gone on for much longer than it should have.Toph_Girl250
Its a war in this thread

Yeah its war no matter what the physicality is :P lol humans are so competitive :)
Rick_Sure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Rick_Sure
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts
[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]This thread has gone on for much longer than it should have.Toph_Girl250
Its a war in this thread

No it's not. Animals of all kind have conflict. We just do it bigger. It's nature.
AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 AussieePet
[QUOTE="Rick_Sure"][QUOTE="Toph_Girl250"][QUOTE="AussieePet"] Its a war in this thread

No it's not. Animals of all kind have conflict. We just do it bigger. It's nature.

Since when are humans animals?