skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Ive had Netflix for about 3 years now and after watching falling skies and only 5 episodes left of season 5 they took it off this last week. I cant find it and ive been searching threw Netflix for ages but think it not there now. Disappointed i didn't get to see ending. Really liked that show too. Has this happened to you?.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

go back to watching over the air TV then

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59067 Posts

Before Star Trek I was having trouble justifying it. Americans had it for ages.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Had to cancel, too many months passed by w/o it being used. Sucks to hear OP, about a show you dig catching the boot.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TryIt

@shellcase86 said:

Had to cancel, too many months passed by w/o it being used. Sucks to hear OP, about a show you dig catching the boot.

I did just the opposite, in less than a year I canceled my cable subscription completely.

So I havent had cable in almost 10 years now

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By skipper847

Must say though ive watched some stuff what i normally wouldn't. Ive been watch fall skies which i wouldn't have heard off and also watching Orange the new black which i wouldn't have bothered with even though i have heard of that. OTNB is abit MEH though but at least it got Captain Jane Way in it lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

I cut the damn cable TV years ago and Netflix is all I got. But since I only pay $10 a month, you get what you pay for right? Granted, my number 1 hobby has and always been playing games, watching TV is just a bonus back then, but Netflix app on my consoles/PC just helps me to take a break from gaming too long.

Netflix ain't all that bad, I enjoy watching cartoons for the most parts. I also use Crunchyroll for good Anime stuff.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@skipper847 said:

Ive had Netflix for about 3 years now and after watching falling skies and only 5 episodes left of season 5 they took it off this last week. I cant find it and ive been searching threw Netflix for ages but think it not there now. Disappointed i didn't get to see ending. Really liked that show too. Has this happened to you?.

Yep a few times

It´s not always i notice the warnings under the show.

But I have been lucky that the shows often pop up on another streaming service, Hulu, HBO, Amazon etc. And with no tv to pay for, I don´t mind having the different services and I still save money.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

Sadly the variation between countries is to big imo. While not a top show, I don't get why season 3 of iZombie isn't on the Norwegian netflix yet while the first two seasons are.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I only keep Netflix for my Star Trek cravings. Otherwise, DirecTV's On Demand has more of the shows I like (Survivorman, The Universe, Pawn Stars, etc).

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

There's nothing on. For about the last 15 years. I watch what I can find on YouTube for a break. Or download backups off torrent websites of things I definitely already own...

If only there were more zombie themed programming. Then I'd be excited again.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

That's why I'm glad my smart tv has a web browser I can pretty much watch any show I want.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Falling skies blows, so they get a plus in my book.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@davillain- said:

I cut the damn cable TV years ago and Netflix is all I got. But since I only pay $10 a month, you get what you pay for right? Granted, my number 1 hobby has and always been playing games, watching TV is just a bonus back then, but Netflix app on my consoles/PC just helps me to take a break from gaming too long.

Netflix ain't all that bad, I enjoy watching cartoons for the most parts. I also use Crunchyroll for good Anime stuff.

For real. When people complain about Netflix I'm like -_-. Jesus it's $10. That's a bargain. I too cut off my cable, saved $70. Now I just amazon prime + netflix + hulu and I'm all set. For about $35 a month with superior content.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

I love it. Re-watching DS9, again. One thing that ticks me off is how they changed the rating system. I had better luck with the recommended shit than I do now. Needless to say, I don't check out the recommendation section anymore.

jorzorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jorzorz
Member since 2017 • 114 Posts

im tried of all the social justice crap they have like dear white people

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10475 Posts

i cancelled my subscription early last year when they cracked down on vpn access. the uk catalogue was pants at the time compared to ones from other countries; particularly usa and canada. not sure how good it is now but i'm happy with my new found viewing options so have no desire to go back

edit: they seem to be doing ok without my money tbf to them http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/netflix-stock-all-time-high-market-valuation-1202716101/

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Netflix DVD is a way better deal. Movies > TV shows, 95 percent of the time.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@skipper847: you can watch those missing episodes at XBL.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 br0kenrabbit  Online
Member since 2004 • 17863 Posts

Haven't had cable in almost 7 years. Netflix+Hulu+OTA is plenty. Hell, 32 channels OTA is more than the basic cable 18 I got in the 90's.

Speaking of OTA, have you seen the new Quest channel? It's like old-school Discovery, it's pretty good.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shellcase86

@jackamomo said:

There's nothing on. For about the last 15 years.

My issue, too. I get more entertainment from my watching on demand or things I've DVR'd. I appreciate that they invest so much in original programming, I just wish they were more varied in the programming.

jepsen1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 jepsen1977
Member since 2004 • 75 Posts

They just removed Hunger Games last movie so now you can watch all except the last one - the ending..... so what is the point now? If only they would announce when a movie gets removed so you had a window of opportunity to watch it before it goes aways but sadly that doesn't happen here in Denmark. I do like Netflix though.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Yeah it sucks when that happens. I usually binge watch good shows though so it's not a problem. I only have cable right now because it was basically free, since if I bundled it with internet it came out to be about the same price for a year, no contract. Only use it for a few sports games that I can't get over the air or on my paid nhl.tv

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

It's the only thing I use for television. It's good enough for me, the rest I buy on blue ray, and that happens quite rarely. So many good shows on netflix, and they manage to put movies on there that I've already seen but like to rewatch. If I can find anything that suits me, I rewatch stand up comedy shows, but even that happens rarely , there are pretty much new stand up shows every week.

I'm also from europe so I had to wait till like 2015 till I got this stuff, but it's amazing, I even let my brothers and sisters use it as well. Since I'm a nightowl we never watch at the same time and you can watch with 2 at the same time.

If other streaming services come to europe I will certainly try them out, netflix is still the only one we have here.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Pay tv is sorta like gaming systems.

Each have their own exclusives and if you happen to like any of them you have to buy into the whole package.

I'm actually taking a back seat to all this consumerism and buying into very little of it. I have a pc and free-to-air television for now and frankly I'm not sure if I'd have a whole lotta time for more than that anyway.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#28 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@horgen said:

Sadly the variation between countries is to big imo. While not a top show, I don't get why season 3 of iZombie isn't on the Norwegian netflix yet while the first two seasons are.

One thing I never understood about Netflix was when they had Malcolm in the Middle. They had every season BUT the first season! Just as odd was that the only season of Malcolm in the Middle to be released on DVD was the first season... I hate when you can't get every show from one source.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

I love Netflix. I haven't had cable/tv for probably 12 years at this point. It's just not worth it, what with commercials, crappy shows, and so forth.

I also have HBO Go (my parents have HBO, so I mooch that off them. Also, Amazon Prime.

There are a lot of newer, good movies coming out too so I have a DVD subscription to Netflix (DVD.com I think?) as well, because why not? All combined it's still cheaper than cable, and better quality.

@jorzorz said:

Dude there's like two shows like that; Dear White People, and Sense 8.

Out of literally thousands.

Man conservatives/right-wingers/anti-SJW's really are the more sensitive of the two sides.

@jepsen1977 said:

They just removed Hunger Games last movie so now you can watch all except the last one - the ending..... so what is the point now? If only they would announce when a movie gets removed so you had a window of opportunity to watch it before it goes aways but sadly that doesn't happen here in Denmark. I do like Netflix though.

Yeah I hate when they have partial series/seasons, kind of bogus. I am sure there is some legal bullshit to it but you'd think "Hey, if you have episode 1 through 6 of 10...why not get the last four episodes too!"

@israelijoshua said:
@jorzorz said:

but Netflix does balance it out with rightist crap like Lillyhammer , which makes threatened white americans basically have an orgy

WTF? Lillyhammer is a great show, why does it have to be "rightist".

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@horgen said:

One thing I never understood about Netflix was when they had Malcolm in the Middle. They had every season BUT the first season! Just as odd was that the only season of Malcolm in the Middle to be released on DVD was the first season... I hate when you can't get every show from one source.

I guess different companies had the rights to first season and the rest.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By skipper847

@tryit: Because UK TV is crap. They make shows what no one wants and dont make shows what people want. The BBC remade one episode of Good night sweetheart and got really good reviews and people wanted but there not making any more but how they left it they could have. But instead they make others like porridge a remake and didn't get as good reviews but are making full series of that instead.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

How can you not find anything to watch on Netflix? I watch all the time and I always have a backlog on my queue. My biggest problem is movies leaving before I get the chance to watch them, but they're usually replaced with just as many that I want to watch.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TryIt

@skipper847 said:

@tryit: Because UK TV is crap. They make shows what no one wants and dont make shows what people want. The BBC remade one episode of Good night sweetheart and got really good reviews and people wanted but there not making any more but how they left it they could have. But instead they make others like porridge a remake and didn't get as good reviews but are making full series of that instead.

Sherlock is an excellent show

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By shellcase86

@theone86 said:
@shellcase86 said:

How can you not find anything to watch on Netflix? I watch all the time and I always have a backlog on my queue. My biggest problem is movies leaving before I get the chance to watch them, but they're usually replaced with just as many that I want to watch.

A combination of; already seen a lot of what's on Netlfix, not a lot of compelling content, and I watch a lot of current TV/stuff on my DVR.

Netflix isn't bad, but somehow a few months passed before I realized I simply wasn't using it. Had to cancel.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TryIt

@shellcase86 said:
@theone86 said:
@shellcase86 said:

A combination of; already seen a lot of what's on Netlfix, not a lot of compelling content, and I watch a lot of current TV/stuff on my DVR.

Netflix isn't bad, but somehow a few months passed before I realized I simply wasn't using it. Had to cancel.

I think we both (theone and I) would love to know what you are watching.

I think the netflix selection has too much dark, violent and despair but its still better then cable or over TV when it comes to content in my opinion

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@shellcase86 said:
@theone86 said:
@shellcase86 said:

I will say that their TV offerings are getting a bit smaller especially when it comes to outside content, but there's still a ton of stuff to watch. I'm pretty bored with Netflix's TV offerings, but only because I've binged almost everything they have to offer at least once. At this point you have five different Marvel shows, Altered Carbon, Dark Matter, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, Arrested Development, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Black Mirror, The Crown, Master of None, Bojack Horseman, Stranger Things, Glow, Narcos, Godless, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Friends, The Good Place, West Wing, four different DC shows, Bates Motel, Sherlock, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Dexter, five different Star Trek shows (six if you count the animated series), Luther, Sons of Anarchy, How to Get Away with Murder, Call the Midwife, Making a Murderer, Supernatural, the Twilight Zone, Freaks and Geeks, Scandal, Mad Men, and a horde of anime shows. Now, obviously, a lot of those shows aren't all going to appeal to you and won't overlap with each other's fanbases (which is why I say they're a bit lacking despite having all these shows). My point was that there's a ton of very popular, widely-praised content on Netflix. I don't know how you can't find one thing to watch on Netflix, it's kind of like when people complain about not being able to find anything to watch on cable despite having hundreds of channels.

And that's just shows, don't even get me started on movies. There are always tons of new movies coming onto Netflix. There are new movies, old classics, and ones that have just fallen off the radar until now. Just the other day I booted up Netflix and saw one that I hadn't seen in forever, the week before that I was watching a classic I had always meant to watch but never gotten around to, the week before that it was one I had missed in theaters and never gotten around to renting. There are literally tons of movies in just about every genre (except comedy, Netflix is horrific when it comes to comedy). If you like martial arts movies I don't know how you could possibly reach the end of Netflix's offerings. To say there's nothing on just boggles my mind.

magician32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By magician32
Member since 2018 • 13 Posts

@tryit: I agree, great show.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#38  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@israelijoshua said:
@jorzorz said:

but Netflix does balance it out with rightist crap like Lillyhammer , which makes threatened white americans basically have an orgy

For real. Right wing hate groups are more annoying than SJW. Anything that isn't white, christian, sexist, homophic or american (which is funny because they all come from immigrant families) is weird in their book.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shellcase86

@tryit: @theone86: Not knocking either one of you for your choices. If I had more time for entertainment in my day, then I'd get more use out of Netflix. Usually the wife and I will commit to a show or two and then binge or follow that, and on demand from our cable provider has that need filled.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TryIt

@shellcase86 said:

@tryit: @theone86: Not knocking either one of you for your choices. If I had more time for entertainment in my day, then I'd get more use out of Netflix. Usually the wife and I will commit to a show or two and then binge or follow that, and on demand from our cable provider has that need filled.

again I ask

I am curious what you are watching.

as a side note my questions almost never get answered.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shellcase86

@tryit said:
@shellcase86 said:

again I ask

Last night, Thor Ragnarok. Otherwise, Jeopardy, Family Feud,Wheel of Fortune, 911, Mr Robot, This Is Us, 600lb Life, Impractical Jokers, Ridiculousness, Sports, and then re-runs of Scrubs, Naruto, or Hunter x Hunter.

What are you watching?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TryIt

@shellcase86 said:
@tryit said:
@shellcase86 said:

again I ask

Last night, Thor Ragnarok. Otherwise, Jeopardy, Family Feud,Wheel of Fortune, 911, Mr Robot, This Is Us, 600lb Life, Impractical Jokers, Ridiculousness, Sports, and then re-runs of Scrubs, Naruto, or Hunter x Hunter.

What are you watching?

over the past two years its been

Hell on Wheels

Man in the High Castle

Sneaky Pete

Breaking Bad

Fargo (the TV series)

Vikings

Better Call Saul

Sherlock

goliath

Bloodline

Ozark

I think that covers most. All of it I have seen on Netflix or Amazon, yes I know they are not all orginals but still aviable as for the sub cost

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shellcase86

@tryit said:
@shellcase86 said:
@tryit said:
@shellcase86 said:

again I ask

What are you watching?

over the past two years its been

Hell on Wheels

Man in the High Castle

Sneaky Pete

Breaking Bad

Fargo (the TV series)

Vikings

Better Call Saul

Sherlock

goliath

Bloodline

Ozark

I think that covers most. All of it I have seen on Netflix or Amazon, yes I know they are not all orginals but still aviable as for the sub cost

Sherlock is great!